PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for royally messing up the launch

randomt
03-11-2011, 07:33 PM
And basically ruining the game for a significant portion of your player base who were not able to keep up to date on the re-re-re-relaunch, and for all of the last minute changes that messed all sorts of things up..

Oh well.. NEXT!

No.. no you can't have my stuff!

maelwydd
03-11-2011, 07:35 PM
And basically ruining the game for a significant portion of your player base who were not able to keep up to date on the re-re-re-relaunch, and for all of the last minute changes that messed all sorts of things up..

Oh well.. NEXT!

No.. no you can't have my stuff!

What stuff? Scav is disabled atm :)

Xidian
03-11-2011, 07:36 PM
What stuff? Scav is disabled atm :)

Maybe he has a bunch of fish and berries? lol

kaisergod
03-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Awww.... another person who didnt get their land and felt the need to create another new thread on top of the dozen already out there about it.

**pats head**

Kinslayer
03-11-2011, 07:38 PM
I guess if you're that lacking in patience, then this wasnt the game for you anyway.

randomt
03-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Awww.... another person who didnt get their land and felt the need to create another new thread on top of the dozen already out there about it.

**pats head**

Yea, way to be a condesending jerk :p This is not about my getting land or not.

I guess if you're that lacking in patience, then this wasnt the game for you anyway.

Yea.. this is going to be another Earthrise at this rate mate. Or another Roma Victor eh.

Kinslayer
03-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Yea.. this is going to be another Earthrise at this rate mate. Or another Roma Victor eh.If this was RV we would either be seeing 1. the server would be down with no word from KFR for 2 weeks while they try to fix problems and fail, or 2. Absolutely no attempt at fixing the problems at all, just leaving the bugs in the game for the following 3yrs. No. Definitely not RV.

And Earthrise looked like shit to start with, nothing like this game, so I never looked at it, so cant really comment there.

kaisergod
03-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Yea, way to be a condesending jerk :p This is not about my getting land or not.

Considering its about the only thing you could do today, what else could it possibly be about? Something that hasnt happened yet?

eternalmaster69
03-11-2011, 07:56 PM
People need to be a bit kinder to those that are mad, they wanted the game to work also but got the short end from this messed up launch . Also yes it has launched in 2 weeks there is not going to be boxes sitting at your local gamestop or pc store so this is the launch day. we need to get these people to stay for if in the end there is only a few hunderd people playing we are not going to have a game and it will close down so get over yourself and help or stfu and gtfo. O and no i did not get a spot i am solo and can sit my tot anywhere when i am ready ..

Khisk
03-11-2011, 08:14 PM
People need to be a bit kinder to those that are mad, they wanted the game to work also but got the short end from this messed up launch . Also yes it has launched in 2 weeks there is not going to be boxes sitting at your local gamestop or pc store so this is the launch day. we need to get these people to stay for if in the end there is only a few hunderd people playing we are not going to have a game and it will close down so get over yourself and help or stfu and gtfo. O and no i did not get a spot i am solo and can sit my tot anywhere when i am ready ..
10charssssssss

kaisergod
03-11-2011, 08:39 PM

Well, theres 2 ways to go about things:

1) speak up in a decent manner with your complaints, perhaps throw in some ideas on how to resolve the situation to make everyone somewhat happy, have a little bit of common sense and understanding about how things happen sometimes and how other peoples ideas are different than yours and you dont always have to like it

2) post QQ/rage threads about how the game is "ruined" "terrible", or whatever you choose to describe it, for "everyone" or the "majority" (when you really have no idea if youre even in the majority or not), and pretty much just complain uselessly when there are already complaint threads, and various other temper tantrum type behavior

People who stick to #2, they kind of asked for it.

Zerlargal
03-11-2011, 08:47 PM
The real two ways ...

1) Listen to Kaisergod drone you to sleep

2) Kick up a fuss about a totem wipe with 2.5 hours notice.

The choice... is yours

Zerlargal

Mijeman
03-11-2011, 09:01 PM
The interesting thing about these game hate threads is that everyone is forgetting that it's a new game that's still being developed...you can't expect it all to run as reliably as a fully released game...

Koll
03-11-2011, 09:10 PM
meh. Just like to remind everyone that there was no Earthquake that brought your houses down this PM...just saying...

Koll
03-11-2011, 09:12 PM
glad to see yer internet connexion is still working thought :)

Dubanka
03-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Yeah, asking the developers to test their last minute changes before a launch is too much to ask, guys. If you think about it, it's really our fault for being so demanding. I mean, it's not like they're charging for it, rightffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuu

ahhh, now that you're screwd it's the devs fault.

earlier, when you though you were good, it was our lack of 'preparedness' .

you know, you shouldhave assumed they were going to do some last minute changes and planned accordingly. tsk tsk tsk.

how you like dem applies?

For a so-called PK, you sure are thin-skinned. Maybe after you fail to get your totem spot for the second time you can make a thread demanding for the devs to give you grief counseling?
we did find a good counselor, would you like the number?

mantoe
03-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Ouch! Branded! That burn's gonna leave a mark...

Zerlargal
03-11-2011, 09:27 PM
I encourage people to vent there frustration. If you DONT let them know how pissed the playerbase is/was then they will continue to behave like this, with impunity. These people that roll over and accept it are just asking for more.

Zerlargal

sunzK
03-11-2011, 09:35 PM
So much Whining.

Jasdemi
03-11-2011, 10:25 PM
stuff can i haz

Brilliant
03-11-2011, 11:12 PM
I encourage people to vent there frustration. If you DONT let them know how pissed the playerbase is/was then they will continue to behave like this, with impunity. These people that roll over and accept it are just asking for more.

Zerlargal

This is the truth.

Sultan
03-11-2011, 11:20 PM
This is the truth.

eww coming from guy that tryed to steal people spots...

fatboy21007
03-11-2011, 11:34 PM
their is plenty of spots left near junk piles. hell i found a nice 1 n claimed my spot now. n yes i got burned earlier today. but i got a better spot now. and by folks i know :-).

Zerlargal
03-11-2011, 11:57 PM
their is plenty of spots left near junk piles. hell i found a nice 1 n claimed my spot now. n yes i got burned earlier today. but i got a better spot now. and by folks i know :-).

Its amazing you say that. Yes there are other spots but does that mean we should settle for what has happened instead of what should have happened. You know there are many many more people who are affected who have not spoken up. Everyone who has not posted, just accepted without saying something, is just inviting the same kind of behavior again. If a wipe was necessary, and it was, then you give people a minimum of 12 hours notice so they can get their stuff in order. It is just common sense but in this case it was not used. I don't know why that decision was made today but I would like to know.

I think the very patient player base deserves a response. It affected pretty much most clans and tribes out there.

Zerlargal

blackzilla
03-12-2011, 03:27 AM
Its amazing you say that. Yes there are other spots but does that mean we should settle for what has happened instead of what should have happened. You know there are many many more people who are affected who have not spoken up. Everyone who has not posted, just accepted without saying something, is just inviting the same kind of behavior again. If a wipe was necessary, and it was, then you give people a minimum of 12 hours notice so they can get their stuff in order. It is just common sense but in this case it was not used. I don't know why that decision was made today but I would like to know.

I think the very patient player base deserves a response. It affected pretty much most clans and tribes out there.

Zerlargal

Well met bruvah. I am with this guy, he speaks loads of sense.

We are bent outta shape as well Zerlargal, or at least I am... If my job starts at 10am I am there at 10am. They decide after we placed our totem this morning and head out the door to go to real life that they will re-do it. Then give a shady announcement saying we will let you do it again in a few hours.... That is incompetance at its finest.

Kiriath
03-12-2011, 04:06 AM

Zerlargal

I think you should write an open letter to Xsyon demanding an apology! Im sure that would help alot of people feel better about themselfs.

Well met bruvah. I am with this guy, he speaks loads of sense.

We are bent outta shape as well Zerlargal, or at least I am... If my job starts at 10am I am there at 10am. They decide after we placed our totem this morning and head out the door to go to real life that they will re-do it. Then give a shady announcement saying we will let you do it again in a few hours.... That is incompetance at its finest.

Light travels faster than sound thats why most individuals seem bright until they open their mouths.

Sirius
03-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Yeah, asking the developers to test their last minute changes before a launch is too much to ask, guys. If you think about it, it's really our fault for being so demanding. I mean, it's not like they're charging for it, rightffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuu

If you had any ability to prepare, you would have gotten your primary spot and wouldn't be here complaining about things that everybody knew were coming. Just takes some competence. Oh, btw, way to make light of the tsunami aftermath. You sound like an intelligent and thoughtful person.

Sirius
03-12-2011, 09:42 AM
lol.. at no time did any of us cry...

made a post suggesting a way to mitigate the impact of the total do-over of launch... you dropped in to go all internet tough guy with the most utterly clueless and irrational BS you could think of why everybody should have been prepared for that total do-over... then when the do-over arrived, you failed at grabbing your spot and made a post COMPLAINING (no... not making a helpful suggestion... merely complaining) about how the devs screwed things up for you.

Moral of the story: you are unintelligent and have a bad attitude.

Sirius
03-12-2011, 10:34 AM
It "looks like crying to you" because you're an idiot, bro. If you actually look at the thread it asks for an hour or two of uptime for people to get tribe stuff sorted out after they announced that totems had to be done all over. That's it. Everything you post makes you look more stupid. HTH.

Baldur
03-12-2011, 10:42 AM
If you're still here, after all of the crap that's happened so far, then at this point yes... it is whining. In two weeks, we'll all be able to play the game we wanted to play, as all the features are turned on gradually like we've all known for quite a while now. I don't think there is anything on the dev team's minds right now besides getting this game up and running as fast and smoothly as possible. Haters gonna hate.

And all this about "Ughh, my land got taken after the wipe."

My character and my totem were wiped, but I still got my spot back 10 hours later. And I see hardly any totems at all around me, with plenty of junk to be had.

Sirius
03-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Though more civil than most, your post is just another "STFU" comment that actually adds less to the discussion than criticism and suggestions.

I just signed up and there was no "FAQ explaining why pretty much everything the devs say turns out to be false". So the "you should have seen it coming" excuse doesn't really play for people like me. It's also a little odd to say "we've all known for some time now" that the game wouldn't be playable and have its features being "gradually turned on" in 2 weeks. The devs said it was going live this weekend, and we had little choice but to plan based on that.

Anyway, we didn't lose our land at any point, and generally speaking I think my tribe would just like a feature or two turned on for THIS weekend, hell or high water, because we've invested a lot of time and preparation for thursday/friday/this weekend upon the very specific prompting of the devs.

Let them get the lag issues figured out next week, while we're at work. For now give us something to do even if it produces lag.

mindtrigger
03-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Though more civil than most, your post is just another "STFU" comment that actually adds less to the discussion than criticism and suggestions.

I just signed up and there was no "FAQ explaining why pretty much everything the devs say turns out to be false". So the "you should have seen it coming" excuse doesn't really play for people like me. It's also a little odd to say "we've all known for some time now" that the game wouldn't be playable and have its features being "gradually turned on" in 2 weeks. The devs said it was going live this weekend, and we had little choice but to plan based on that.

Anyway, we didn't lose our land at any point, and generally speaking I think my tribe would just like a feature or two turned on for THIS weekend, hell or high water, because we've invested a lot of time and preparation for thursday/friday/this weekend upon the very specific prompting of the devs.

Let them get the lag issues figured out next week, while we're at work. For now give us something to do even if it produces lag.

I understand what you are saying, but when the lag goes up to 400-900ms, the game becomes basically unplayable. What are you going to do when your features have a 10-30 second delay and you are rubber banding all over the place? Let's not forget about small rollbacks making your effort futile.

Face it. We are screwed until they find and fix some lag bugs.

Sirius
03-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Are you confident that the server would be lagging significantly more than it already is if they turned on, say, gathering, and nothing else?

Honest question. I would find it hard to believe.

mindtrigger
03-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Are you confident that the server would be lagging significantly more than it already is if they turned on, say, gathering, and nothing else?

Honest question. I would find it hard to believe.

The devs seems confident in this since they turned those features off to help with lag. I will defer to their intimate knowledge of their own code.

People who don't deal with code/programming need to understand that to troubleshoot, it is common to turn off features. This helps them pinpoint problem areas in the code better because they are monitoring/debugging less code. This is true for small programs, or huge ones like a game.

It is exactly the same as when you are trying to find hardware problems in a computer. You methodically remove attached devices and internal hardware until you get a better sense of where it is coming from. This is basic troubleshooting.

Sirius
03-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Oh, I know how to troubleshoot and I'm familiar with the concept of attempting to isolate root causes. All I'm saying is they can do these fixes later in the week when the whole playerbase isn't home from work and desperate to play :)

And while I'm sure you're right that the devs are calculating that turning on more features would increase the lag, I somewhat doubt the server would blow up, and I want to stress that there are important issues in maintaining a game and serving a playerbase besides turning the game off on launch weekend to address technical issues. It might not be so crazy to push this back a bit, accept that launch won't be March 15, and let us have a bit of fun! :D

mindtrigger
03-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Oh, I know how to troubleshoot and I'm familiar with the concept of attempting to isolate root causes. All I'm saying is they can do these fixes later in the week when the whole playerbase isn't home from work and desperate to play :)

And while I'm sure you're right that the devs are calculating that turning on more features would increase the lag, I somewhat doubt the server would blow up, and I want to stress that there are important issues in maintaining a game and serving a playerbase besides turning the game off on launch weekend to address technical issues. It might not be so crazy to push this back a bit, accept that launch won't be March 15, and let us have a bit of fun! :D

You are ignoring the simple fact that the game is unplayable in the lag, and that the lag itself will probably cause more lost data and pissed off people. Delaying the repair of such a major problem is beyond ludicrous. On top of this, you have no clue how turning those features on may or may not make things worse. The intelligent course to take is the one they are on now, no matter how much it upsets the community.

Sirius
03-12-2011, 11:21 AM
More lost data? Are you referring to the extremely minor rollbacks that occur along with the announced restarts? Or is there something much worse I haven't heard about?

And anyway, to clarify: I'm not saying turn things on even if the devs know that disaster will strike. I'm saying that they should turn something on unless they know disaster will strike. I don't know whether disaster would strike if they turned gathering on, and I don't think you do either. Hence the suggestion directed to the devs which only the devs can know the proper response to.

STAR_GOD
03-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Just to point out the prelaunch was delayed past 3 weeks they should had all this sorted it feels too much like beta but hey what can we do right lol

Kinslayer
03-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Turning on features so we can all wallow in lag is not a very good suggestion, that would most certainly drive people away. If you want something to do, level up fishing and foraging, perhaps jumping and hiding too, they are all turned on, and should satisfy your A.D.D. for this weekend.

Otherwise, why not go and talk to your family or help your mum with the washing up :rolleyes:

Also, remember launch isnt this weekend, its the 15th. I realise we were supposed to have early access that was playable, but shit happens. Its just a game ya know. If you want suggestions to be constructive instead of just adding to the negativity, heres one...
Try practicing some patience and be happy that the devs are fixing these problems. Some support for the devs and appreciation for their effort over a sleepless week would be very helpful Im sure.

Sirius
03-12-2011, 01:35 PM
{MOD EDIT}

I have plenty of patience and my gaming plans for this weekend were more than reasonable based on a timetable set by the devs which I had every reason to believe would be solid given the fact there was a 48 hour outage before the rollout went live.

Oh, and, this isn't my complaint thread. When I had a problem with totems at launch, I made a constructive post making a constructive suggestion. It's the fanboys who insist on making every such thread into a flame war. And when you do find a complaint thread, here's a tip: the complaints aren't directed at you, and your input is neither relevant, nor useful, nor welcome. If complaints bother you, ignore them instead of making your own posts complaining about the fact that people aren't satisfied with what's going on.

Don't presume to lecture people on how to run their lives just because you are serene with the situation.

Zerlargal
03-12-2011, 02:57 PM
I think you should write an open letter to Xsyon demanding an apology!

Strange that you mention that, I did write a letter, not demanding, and got a reply. An apology no less. Essentially it was the necessity of getting totem placement underway that made it happen quickly. Apparently there was an email going out but it didnt make it due to server load. Even the forums were having trouble yesterday.

Im sure that would help alot of people feel better about themselfs.

Its about respect. Addressing an issue that was grossly unfair to most clans and tribes is important. This is yesterday news, but I am just updating people on the outcome since I received a reply. If anyone wants the full text of that email then just PM me.

Zerlargal