PDA

View Full Version : Turn stuff on!

fatboy21007
03-11-2011, 09:23 PM
yea i know their alot of u angry cuz u didnt get that grand o spot. guess wat mine was taken also. So i live in the mountains now and will hike my stuff back. Jooky please turn the ingame stuff on. 3 days till launch u need this stuff on to fix any other issies and atm is the best time to do it. and Would make alot of us happy and glady deal withe the server up n downs :-).

darg75
03-11-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm with the fat guy.

ifireallymust
03-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Please, for the love of whatever is good, let them get the more important issues straightened out first, and then maybe get some sleep before they have to deal with turning stuff on!

xenoclix
03-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Lag and server has been fairly good for me for the past few hours - i say turn a few things on then continue to test the server lag etc.

If everything continues to run smoothly, or you fix the lag that comes with opening a few more features then open the next set - maybe 3 at a time etc.

Plague
03-12-2011, 12:49 AM
I would rather have laggy server with periodic downtimes and gathering and crafting on then stable server with nothing to do. Turn it on please.

galagah
03-12-2011, 12:58 AM
Yes please , turn some things on and let us actually " play " . Better to find out what isn't working " Sooner " than later .

Even if you only enable gathering and crafting for now , and leave terraforming off ........ just for the love of our " SANITY " let us do things :)

xenoclix
03-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Ive done enough fish/forg and full backpacks - turn gathering and at least basketry on so we can make storage and gather and be ready for release :).

Kropos
03-12-2011, 01:53 AM
It only seems fair to turn on some basic stuff like resource gathering and crafting, just to give people something to do?

I WANT MY BASKETS!!

blackzilla
03-12-2011, 03:21 AM
Are they suppose to turn stuff on today? I read a post in announcements from the horses lips. It went something like this.

Day 1: Form tribes
Day 2: Plant totem
Day 3: Turn stuff on

Where did that go?

I am going to have to start screenshotting posts from the people in charge around here. Nice to have those things for when your trying to provide information before a judge.

Plague
03-12-2011, 03:21 AM
Ok 3:00 PST you turn stuff on. All in favor say AY. Ay! Motion granted, next item.:)

Wari
03-12-2011, 04:11 AM
I would rather have laggy server with periodic downtimes and gathering and crafting on then stable server with nothing to do. Turn it on please.

I would too.

ifireallymust
03-12-2011, 04:45 AM

But what if isolating some activities by keeping other things off are helping them find and fix issues?

I can't program for crap, wouldn't even try, but I suspect that running a server is like setting up a grocery store and then letting customers in to wander around, only to realize an hour or two later that they've wrecked the place, but without knowing whether they messed things up by picking fruit from the bottom of a fruit display in a way that sent the whole thing crashing down, or if they knocked glass bottles off the shelf without realizing it because the bottles were too close to the edge, or if they've found another way to wreck your store. And that's where running a server has to be far more of a nightmare than running a grocery store, you don't always get to know right away who broke what and how.

Most people won't break anything on purpose (some jerks will, though) but even so, if something can break, someone will break it. If the only way to figure out how to keep players from accidentally breaking stuff is to start with the fruit display one day and add the bottles when the most determined klutz customer in the store can no longer pick that one fruit from the bottom back corner that sends the whole thing crashing down, then I hope they start with the fruit display.

I wonder where I stole that whole analogy from? Must've got it from somewhere.

StarvingSteve
03-12-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm all for turning some things on as well.

Dirt
03-12-2011, 10:06 AM
please turn some stuff on. My wife will make me shovel the driveway if theres no game. its a big driveway, goes down the hill and around the corner, snow is wet and heavy. i love you guys, thankyou.

Sirius
03-12-2011, 10:09 AM
I am going to have to start screenshotting posts from the people in charge around here. Nice to have those things for when your trying to provide information before a judge.

This made me giggle

Plague
03-12-2011, 10:15 AM
please turn some stuff on. My wife will make me shovel the driveway if theres no game. its a big driveway, goes down the hill and around the corner, snow is wet and heavy. i love you guys, thankyou.

DEVS HELP THIS MAN IF YOU KNOW MERCY!! STUFF ON NOW!

Nice one man.:)

fatboy21007
03-12-2011, 11:02 AM
TURN STUFF ON! people are bored u wanna fix stuff. well people will stop loging in. when the server fills up is when issues happen. u cant fix the issues if no one has a reason to log in!. feel are pain. flip the swtich!

Yuyito
03-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Maybe just turn on gathering/crafting... :)

mindtrigger
03-12-2011, 11:09 AM
TURN STUFF ON! people are bored u wanna fix stuff. well people will stop loging in. when the server fills up is when issues happen. u cant fix the issues if no one has a reason to log in!. feel are pain. flip the swtich!

BASIC troubleshooting of ANY problem dictates that you remove "features" so that there are less variables involved in the troubleshooting process. This helps pinpoint issues more efficiently. Turning on more feature right now, and letting more people on the server will NOT help them solve the problem faster.

This game is unplayable with the lag spikes up to 400-900ms. There is NO point in trying to force the game to work by beating your head against a wall repeatedly.

fatboy21007
03-12-2011, 11:12 AM
id like to point out game is unplayable when every1 logs in for a good 10 hours their was 0 lag till people woke up and logged in. So obviusly its not the FEATURES. and main language is english. also dont try to spur up flame wars or be the grammar king as no one cares. :-)

STAR_GOD
03-12-2011, 11:14 AM
turn on something loool I like this.. I am worried we got all this lag today with nothing turned on what will happen when stuff is turned on looool

Dirt
03-12-2011, 11:14 AM
I suppose mindtrigger is right. He speaks the truth. The truth hurts, man. Like my back after i finish with the driveway.

STAR_GOD
03-12-2011, 11:15 AM
id like to point out game is unplayable when every1 logs in for a good 10 hours their was 0 lag till people woke up and logged in. So obviusly its not the FEATURES. and main language is english. also dont try to spur up flame wars or be the grammar king as no one cares. :-)

WRONG xsyon confirmed teraforming causes laggggg now imagine if all us start terraforming same time ^^

swede
03-12-2011, 11:17 AM
yea i know their alot of u angry cuz u didnt get that grand o spot. guess wat mine was taken also. So i live in the mountains now and will hike my stuff back. Jooky please turn the ingame stuff on. 3 days till launch u need this stuff on to fix any other issies and atm is the best time to do it. and Would make alot of us happy and glady deal withe the server up n downs :-).

Does anyone know when gathering and crafting will be turned on?

fatboy21007
03-12-2011, 11:18 AM
then turn everything on and leave terraforming off. least then we can do stuff!

mindtrigger
03-12-2011, 11:21 AM
then turn everything on and leave terraforming off. least then we can do stuff!

You have no way of knowing this, and the devs have stated the opposite. The devs turned the features off to help control lag, and likely to DISCOURAGE too many people from connecting and hindering their debugging efforts. You do not get to reject their reality and substitute your own.

fatboy21007
03-12-2011, 11:25 AM
So at 9 am est is when the lag came back. all night game was lag free and 100% stable. Please explain to me how leaving the game up with 0 to do is gonna keep people around so they can fix the issues? and Yes they need alot of people ingame atm to keep the lag coming so they can find the problam and fix it. i mean least turn gathering on. if ya want people to stay ingame they need somthing to do. n if u say fishing ...their all sick of it.

AndyI
03-12-2011, 11:27 AM
The flip side to that coin is that people get bored and nobody logs in so they don't get the lag spikes to aid in debugging either. Eventually people will get bored with foraging, fishing, running and swimming. Likewise you could turn on gathering and crafting and have too many users. Damned if you do, damned if you don't but either way eventually they have to turn something on or the community needs to help out by giving up time and doing some foraging and fishing etc.

Sirius
03-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Eventually people will get bored with foraging, fishing, running and swimming.

that's why there's JUMPING, seriously bro pay attention! :D

AndyI
03-12-2011, 11:32 AM
that's why there's JUMPING, seriously bro pay attention! :D

Silly me :)

xenoclix
03-12-2011, 05:19 PM
i agree. I vote turn crap on

I would have to agree aswell, as this "pre-launch" i expected to be able to do at least some decent stuff - at least gathering so i can sort out all my things.

If mass fishing and foraging is not causing any lag - why not slowly turn on other things such as gathering/logging first and see how it copes with lag so u can continue monitoring it before actual release.

If you wait till the 15th and turn all features on, heck you might have unforseen lag issues or bugs that you could of fixed within the "pre-launch" if you turn on some things at a time.

Just a thought :)

PS. If people are saying Terraforming is a major lag cause, then continue to leave that off, maybe turn it on for couple hours a day and monitor and alter it then. Turn it off after.

dukaal
03-12-2011, 05:24 PM
What better way to test lag then the go all in! TURN STUFF ON!!!

rajaxone
03-12-2011, 05:28 PM
I agree, by turning on atleast gathering, they can allow us to do something in game and at the same time provide feedback for the dev team. As far as I know about software / gaming development, the more you allow the problem to occur, the more likely you are to catch it so if there is a problem with gathering than lets figure it out together. :)

xenoclix
03-12-2011, 05:30 PM
What better way to test lag then the go all in! TURN STUFF ON!!!

*grabs his chips* - ALL IN

I say make the move - life is like poker :D

wolfmoonstrike
03-12-2011, 05:37 PM
I thought the plan was to have the features turned on by Saturday(which is today for those who don't keep track)? Though I guess the funniest thing Xsyon could do is turn on the features at 11:59pm PST, lol. Would still be technically Saturday.

xenoclix
03-12-2011, 05:39 PM
I thought the plan was to have the features turned on by Saturday(which is today for those who don't keep track)? Though I guess the funniest thing Xsyon could do is turn on the features at 11:59pm PST, lol. Would still be technically Saturday.

And for some of us its Sunday morning ;D - or close to sunday afternoon :). But we all know most MMOs go by PST what is fine with me. Works good with my work schedule! Where was the notice he said Saturday? I thought i read it too, but not sure where now.

rajaxone
03-12-2011, 05:42 PM
And for some of us its Sunday morning ;D - or close to sunday afternoon :). But we all know most MMOs go by PST what is fine with me. Works good with my work schedule! Where was the notice he said Saturday? I thought i read it too, but not sure where now.

Yea that was my understanding as well but they worded it like "Once players are settled in, we will turn on the features and let the game being" which is sort of unclear on exactly when they plan on turning everything on. I am usually a very patient person but I am getting alittle ticked myself but this is the world of mmos and its always hurry up and wait.

Chavoda
03-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Well Logic says they should turn on everything tomorrow, if they don't then they are causing them self big trouble again.
We all know that whit each patch unintended new bugs arise, so whit the whole totem placement a few bugs came up and thye are fixing them/have fixed them. trouble is, this "fix" is done whiteout anything turned on, and it will cause new bugs when everything is turned back on again.
So there test server (if they got any..) is obvious not giving the same results the beta/live server is giving and they have precious little time between bug , fixes and launch. turning everything on,see what happens and then quickly fix the most dire issue's and the minor asap is a far better choice right now then to keep stuck on a single bug that only is caused during prime time under heavy load , what is only 4 or 5 out of 24 hours a day. people generaly will be much more happy whit a reboot every hour/two hour to save logs and db data then playing a game they cant do anything in course they could not see the impact everything is having after the totem/tribe fix.

eh..just my toughs on it anyway..

wolfmoonstrike
03-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Forgive me, but I know who to blame for why our features aren't turned on! It's not Xsyon's fault or even most of the community!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAYMJnO9LBQ

Disclaimer: This does not represent the views of Pandemic and the point is to make you laugh in your hour of boredom...

darkbladed
03-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Can we at least have 20% less doom and gloom?
Why don't we make a pact; no discussion of the server status or turning things off/on until 2pm PST Sunday afternoon.
If it's not on by then maybe there is an issue.

Just remember though Tuesday is the projected launch day; if issues come up that delays launch they may delay launch.
If they don't everyone will log in and say "Oh man this is the worst launch ever, they should have never released it in this state. they should have delayed launch."
and if they delay launch I will be as ticked as anyone but I will also be glad when I finally can log in that I have a game that runs smooth (or as smooth as any mmo can expect to launch).

silverhaze
03-12-2011, 05:49 PM
I agree turn stuff on! Let us help test it:)

rajaxone
03-12-2011, 05:50 PM

lets keep this thread going, once it gets to 10 pages they will have a look at it :D

I only wish there was a poll with this.

xenoclix
03-12-2011, 06:03 PM

Exactly - i would rather help them TEST the features now just in case any new bugs etc are coming through and get them to fix it BEFORE the 15th. So we dont have to delay the game any further.

BigCountry
03-12-2011, 06:05 PM
How many free days we up to now? This weekend does not count right?

xenoclix
03-12-2011, 06:08 PM
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc387/xenoclix/15th.png

Make sure its BEFORE i goto work so i get to play abit haha ;D - probably not, all launches etc have been when ive been at work so thats just how my luck rolls :D

rajaxone
03-12-2011, 06:18 PM
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc387/xenoclix/15th.png

Make sure its BEFORE i goto work so i get to play abit haha ;D - probably not, all launches etc have been when ive been at work so thats just how my luck rolls :D

hey xeno, when was this posted?

xenoclix
03-12-2011, 06:21 PM
hey xeno, when was this posted?

About 15 minutes ago - was in game and he said that so decided to screen it :D

gdhthree
03-12-2011, 06:28 PM
I can deal with waiting. I would just like a little more clear of an answer than "by the 15th". What does that mean exactly? Will we get a feature here and there till then? Will we have the server up and down and then on the 15th activate everything and cross our fingers?

I'm not nearly as worried about the survival of this game as some... the people who leave right off were probably not gonna play this game until it evolves a lot anyway. And for the rest of us there is plenty of content (once activated) to keep the base busy and growing over the summer.

They have a good plan! I just don't want to check in all the time to see what's what. Just need the answers/statements to be a little more clear. If you have no idea about something specific... just say that :)

Edit: 1) We are getting ready to do a very good (paid) Beta (that they will not wipe) :) ... those that think otherwise might be in for a rough ride.

Edit: 2) Maybe people who are not up for that could have there account put on hold and take their free time after the prelude? Just a thought...

Edit: 3) I'm pretty freaking siked about the next 4-6 months on here!

coca
03-12-2011, 08:00 PM
<CENSORED>

I got in trouble for "trolling."

*sniff*

I hope they fix the game so I can log off these damn forums before I get kicked off !!!

fatboy21007
03-12-2011, 08:02 PM
by the 15th ....that just sucks! :-( hopefully its tonight or tomorrow. but i know we arent lucky :-(

Roxout
03-12-2011, 08:03 PM
This game reminds me of all the things I loved about gaming way back when, but at the same time I'm getting frustrated running around with my berries in my hand jumping like a frog. Give me something better to do.

Kriak
03-12-2011, 08:22 PM
The time has come!

my pack is full of fish....... :/

maelwydd
03-12-2011, 09:39 PM
It is funny reading these forums.

Laaaaaaag. fix it.
OK guys, need to turn stuff off to test it.
Cool.
Can't do stuff, but no lag at least. Turn stuff back on.
OK but we still need to work out what the cause is.
Laaaaaaag. fix it.
OK guys, need to turn stuff off to test it.
Cool.
Can't do stuff, but no lag at least. Turn stuff back on.

Just let the Devs do their work and stop all this complaining. If it wasn't for everyone shouting "want a refund unless you turn stuff on" and then "want a refund unless you get rid of lag" then perhaps they could just get on with it and fix it.

Honestly, the worst thing about modern game development is the fact customers are now involved in production.

jjjggg50
03-13-2011, 12:23 AM
It is the 13th of March...........

I understand you are trying to troubleshoot problems , but honestly you promised pre-order players that they would have time to set-up before official launch , I'm pretty sure letting us make baskets is not going cause unplayable server wide lag.

You promise to give us-

Landscape

The Xsyon starting world is a scaled version of the Lake Tahoe Basin which spans the California – Nevada border.

Terrain is based on US Geological Survey data.
Speed Tree 5.1
Speed Grass 4.
Reflective and refractive rivers, lakes and waterfalls.
Players can build roads, clear, level, raise and lower terrain.
120 sq km starting playing field, gradually expanding to a 1200 sq km area and beyond.

Resources

Players rely heavily on natural and found resources: lumber from trees, leather from animals, grass, scrap materials and rare objects of the lost modern civilization.

Constantly changing resources can be renewed or depleted.
Availability dependent on season and weather conditions.
Resources can be claimed by tribes.
A large variety of resources with individual properties. Different woods, cloths and metals have properties that affect crafted items.
Scavenged items such as books can introduce knowledge of new crafts and skills.

Environment

The realistic environment in Xsyon is not simply visual. It can affect resources, quests, objects, creature behavior and player actions.

Four seasons: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall.
Realistic sun path and shadows.
Realistic moon cycle and moonlight.
Volumetric and dynamic layered cloud system.
Night sky with an accurate star map and constellations.
Accumulating snow.
Weather effects: Rain, Snow, Hail, Sleet.
Terrain surface affects movement.
Creatures react to adverse and favorable weather.
Weather conditions affect player actions and item durability.

Character

Character development is pivotal to Xsyon. Unlike many game worlds where a character develops from a weakling to a god, Xsyon characters start off as heroes, above average in stats but inexperienced, unskilled and lacking knowledge.

Customizable body, face and hair system.
Characters visibly gain or lose weight and muscle.
Characters age visibly. Ageing affects character statistics.
Statistics increase or decrease based on actions, experience injuries and age.
Skill based system. Skills increase and decrease based on actions and experience.
Experience is gained for most player actions, not only combat, but crafting, questing, gathering and social activities.
Levels gained will give additional points for the character to boost skills and statistics. These are in addition to normal action based skill and statistic gains and reflect what a character would be doing when not actively being played.
Characters possess different gauges that affect the performance outcome of actions: Health, Faith, Energy, Hunger, Thirst and Encumbrance. Additional gauges including Comfort and Adrenaline boosts will be added as the game evolves.
Character actions are tracked for Good and Evil and hidden stats such as Luck.

Basic Actions

The character can perform many basic physical actions as well as gain specific skill based actions. Most actions are dependant on a combination of player statistics, skill and current status.

Basic movements include forward, backward, strafing.
Variable run and sprint speeds based on many factors.
Swimming ability and speed are based on skill, stats, type of armor and clothing worn and encumbrance.
Different swim strokes are available based on skill.
Basic actions include gathering, scavenging, digging, sneaking, hiding and chopping trees.
Movement is based on the character’s skill and statistics.
Movement is affected by terrain slope and surface.
Movement is affected by the character’s encumbrance and current state.
Weight and bulk limits make the player have to decide what to carry and what to leave behind.
Nearly 50 different emotes for the character to express himself.
Flexible camera system allows for players to view and record their actions from many different points of view.

Skills

Players start the game with a selected set of skills. They gain new skills by learning from other players or by uncovering knowledge in books from the past.

Skills increase with use.
Skills decrease over time if not used.
Skills can be maintained and increased by using experience points.
Skills are affected by many external factors.
Many actions are dependant on several skills.
Skill increase is dependant on the character’s current level of similar skills.
Over 50 skills in Combat, Physical Actions, Trade Skills, Crafts and Resource Gathering.

Crafts

Everything in the world can be crafted and destroyed. Craftsmen can find new patterns, recipes and blueprints, learn from other players or gain knowledge through inspiration.

Characters craft tools, weapons, armor and equipment.
Characters build buildings and clear roads.
Eight basic levels of craftsmanship, from Novice to Grand Master.
Inspiration allows characters to gain crafting patterns similar to those already known, without the needs to find these or learn them from other players.
Supreme Master level of craftsmanship for those characters whose achievements top their peers.
Characters achieving the Supreme Master level of craftsmanship work with the Xsyon team to introduce a crafted item of their own design.
Patterns require a minimum skill level, but most are available to mid level craftsmen.
Craftsmen gain patterns as they advance.
Different craftsmen of the same skill level will typically have a different set of patterns in their arsenal.
Object quality and durability depends on materials used and the craftsman’s skill.
Craftsmen depend on tools and supplies from other craftsmen.
As they advance, craftsmen gain the abilities to repair, reinforce and improve objects.

Armor

Xsyon is not a gear based game. A wide range of armor parts are available and the player selects armor based on play style and appearance more than how stats are affected.

Part based armor system. All parts can be crafted and customized.
Layered armor system for many possible combinations.
Armor bulk and material affects player comfort, speed and actions.
Variable armor quality and durability for the same armor type.
Armor parts can be enhanced based on materials used.
Weapon types versus armor types.
Colored materials can be used to create thousands of different looks.

Objects

By scavenging the world, characters will discover over a thousand different types of objects. All objects serve some function, even if it’s not readily apparent.

Found objects can be sorted for material and color
Skilled scavengers have a greater chance of uncovering rare and useful items
Discarded objects build up to restock scrap piles.
Different areas yield different found objects
Objects degrade and decay with use and the ravages of weather and time

Creatures

Xsyon is populated with player humans and non player undead, animals and mutants. Creatures can be hunted or become the hunter.

No set creature spawns or re-spawns. Animals multiply based on the current creature population. Undead never truly die, or do they?
Creatures gain experience and power, potentially evolving into legendary beings.
Creatures can overrun areas or be depleted.
Creatures gravitate towards different areas based on mood and weather.
Creatures driven to the outer reaches of the world mutate.
Creatures possess realistic loot. If you see armor or a weapon on a creature you can take it. Animals can be carved up for raw materials.
Creatures are a primary resource for crafters.

Communication

Communication between players is key to the Xsyon world. Characters have many ways to interact and communicate at their disposal.

General chat based on hearing range.
Whisper directed to specific players within range.
Town and player group chat channels.
Help channel to contact in game Guides.
Town markets where players can place items for sale.

Combat

Combat combines manual targeting and clicking with the final blow success based on the many factors – statistics, skills, weapon type, defense skills, armor and the opponents stance.

Skill and statistic based combat.
Manual targeting, affected by abilities.
Manual defense tactics including dodging, parrying and blocking.
Body part targeting for critical attacks.
Combat permissions in tribe zones based on tribal settings.
Combat will be revised during the Prelude and improved to match combat oriented games.

Tribes

The most important aspect of the Xsyon world is it’s tribal mechanics. Players rely on their home town or tribe for survival and success.

Players become registered members of a tribe. 10 players or more must come together to form a town.
As towns increase in membership, they can claim more land and gain town abilities.
Player owned protected housing.
Player owned protected storage.
Flexible part based construction system.
Custom rank system. Ranks consist of a power level and set of permissions and abilities.
Hierarchical political systems can be formed based on the rank system.
Bonuses to stats and skills when in native town.
Bonuses to stats and skills for town leaders.
Bonuses to players wearing tribal colors.
Towns serve as centers for quests, trade, crafting, storage and interaction.
Tribes can choose tribal colors and emblems to be displayed in tribal clothing, banners and flags.

Quests

Quests are assigned from one player to another using the quest system. Tribal chiefs and leaders will have the ability to assign specific quests.

Quests are posted at town totems so that players can obtain and complete quests without requiring the quest giver to be online. Types of quests include:
Delivery of goods.
Hunting.
Gathering resources.
Crafting.
Exploration.

Other tribal quests and contest types will be added during the Prelude.

Economy

The economy is entirely player run. It relies heavily on players to gather resources, craft necessary items and trade. Players can barter or buy and sell using local currency.
Tribes can set local currencies based on found currency items.
Town and individual bank accounts.
Towns can impose taxes.
Player run trade through town totems.
Resources can be controlled and destroyed to reduce supply.
Trade between individuals and towns.

Evolution

Xsyon is constantly evolving. During the Prelude, characters start off as simple hunters, gatherers and scavengers. As societies will advance new features will become available to the larger, more civilized tribes and towns. These features will include:
Animal taming and riding.
Player comfort levels that affect actions.
In game message boards and mail system.
Agriculture.
Cooking with player created created recipes.
Armor decoration and enhancement system which can indicate achievements and status.
New content including armor sets, weapons, buildings and creatures.
Religion.

Join us in the Xsyon Forums for discussions of other potential unique features that we plan to develop and try out.

The Unknown

The full features of the Xsyon online game world will never be fully disclosed. Part of the fun in playing is discovering the unknown. New features, skills, objects and creatures will typically be discovered in game before they are officially announced. A few hints to spark the minds of new Xsyon players:

When and where you craft might be just as important as what you craft.
Specialization leads to inspiration.
One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
Two minds are better than one.
The world is changing, keep exploring.

And We Get

Jumping
Running
Swimming
Fishing
Foraging

Come on guys , I didn't give you 40 dollars for nothing.

Salvador4
03-13-2011, 12:29 AM

I understand you are trying to troubleshoot problems , but honestly you promised pre-order players that they would have time to set-up before official launch , I'm pretty sure letting us make baskets is not going cause unplayable server wide lag.

You promise to give us-

Landscape

The Xsyon starting world is a scaled version of the Lake Tahoe Basin which spans the California – Nevada border.

Speed Tree 5.1
Speed Grass 4.
120 sq km starting playing field, gradually expanding to a 1200 sq km area and beyond.

Resources

Players rely heavily on natural and found resources: lumber from trees, leather from animals, grass, scrap materials and rare objects of the lost modern civilization.

A large variety of resources with individual properties. Different woods, cloths and metals have properties that affect crafted items.

Environment

The realistic environment in Xsyon is not simply visual. It can affect resources, quests, objects, creature behavior and player actions.

Accumulating snow.

Character

Character development is pivotal to Xsyon. Unlike many game worlds where a character develops from a weakling to a god, Xsyon characters start off as heroes, above average in stats but inexperienced, unskilled and lacking knowledge.

Skill based system. Skills increase and decrease based on actions and experience.
Experience is gained for most player actions, not only combat, but crafting, questing, gathering and social activities.
Levels gained will give additional points for the character to boost skills and statistics. These are in addition to normal action based skill and statistic gains and reflect what a character would be doing when not actively being played.
Characters possess different gauges that affect the performance outcome of actions: Health, Faith, Energy, Hunger, Thirst and Encumbrance. Additional gauges including Comfort and Adrenaline boosts will be added as the game evolves.

Basic Actions

The character can perform many basic physical actions as well as gain specific skill based actions. Most actions are dependant on a combination of player statistics, skill and current status.

Swimming ability and speed are based on skill, stats, type of armor and clothing worn and encumbrance.
Basic actions include gathering, scavenging, digging, sneaking, hiding and chopping trees.
Weight and bulk limits make the player have to decide what to carry and what to leave behind.
Flexible camera system allows for players to view and record their actions from many different points of view.

Skills

Players start the game with a selected set of skills. They gain new skills by learning from other players or by uncovering knowledge in books from the past.

Over 50 skills in Combat, Physical Actions, Trade Skills, Crafts and Resource Gathering.

Crafts

Everything in the world can be crafted and destroyed. Craftsmen can find new patterns, recipes and blueprints, learn from other players or gain knowledge through inspiration.

Inspiration allows characters to gain crafting patterns similar to those already known, without the needs to find these or learn them from other players.
Supreme Master level of craftsmanship for those characters whose achievements top their peers.
Characters achieving the Supreme Master level of craftsmanship work with the Xsyon team to introduce a crafted item of their own design.
Patterns require a minimum skill level, but most are available to mid level craftsmen.
Different craftsmen of the same skill level will typically have a different set of patterns in their arsenal.
Object quality and durability depends on materials used and the craftsman’s skill.
As they advance, craftsmen gain the abilities to repair, reinforce and improve objects.

Armor

Xsyon is not a gear based game. A wide range of armor parts are available and the player selects armor based on play style and appearance more than how stats are affected.

Objects

By scavenging the world, characters will discover over a thousand different types of objects. All objects serve some function, even if it’s not readily apparent.

Creatures

Xsyon is populated with player humans and non player undead, animals and mutants. Creatures can be hunted or become the hunter.

No set creature spawns or re-spawns. Animals multiply based on the current creature population. Undead never truly die, or do they?
Creatures gain experience and power, potentially evolving into legendary beings.
Creatures possess realistic loot. If you see armor or a weapon on a creature you can take it. Animals can be carved up for raw materials.

Communication

Communication between players is key to the Xsyon world. Characters have many ways to interact and communicate at their disposal.

Combat

Combat combines manual targeting and clicking with the final blow success based on the many factors – statistics, skills, weapon type, defense skills, armor and the opponents stance.

Combat will be revised during the Prelude and improved to match combat oriented games.

Tribes

The most important aspect of the Xsyon world is it’s tribal mechanics. Players rely on their home town or tribe for survival and success.

Players become registered members of a tribe. 10 players or more must come together to form a town.
As towns increase in membership, they can claim more land and gain town abilities.
Custom rank system. Ranks consist of a power level and set of permissions and abilities.
Tribes can choose tribal colors and emblems to be displayed in tribal clothing, banners and flags.

Quests

Quests are assigned from one player to another using the quest system. Tribal chiefs and leaders will have the ability to assign specific quests.

Quests are posted at town totems so that players can obtain and complete quests without requiring the quest giver to be online. Types of quests include:
Delivery of goods.
Hunting.
Gathering resources.
Crafting.
Exploration.

Economy

The economy is entirely player run. It relies heavily on players to gather resources, craft necessary items and trade. Players can barter or buy and sell using local currency.
Towns can impose taxes.

Evolution

Xsyon is constantly evolving. During the Prelude, characters start off as simple hunters, gatherers and scavengers. As societies will advance new features will become available to the larger, more civilized tribes and towns. These features will include:
Agriculture.
Armor decoration and enhancement system which can indicate achievements and status.
Religion.

Join us in the Xsyon Forums for discussions of other potential unique features that we plan to develop and try out.

The Unknown

The full features of the Xsyon online game world will never be fully disclosed. Part of the fun in playing is discovering the unknown. New features, skills, objects and creatures will typically be discovered in game before they are officially announced. A few hints to spark the minds of new Xsyon players:

And We Get

Jumping
Running
Swimming
Fishing
Foraging

/Sign

Pissed off for weeks now because they keep breaking promises. Just can't find the words to express my frustration. Even if I had the words, they wouldn't reach the rabid fanbois who keep saying 'just wait until March 15th; that's official launch'. Nothing will have changed by then, just accept it now.

blackzilla
03-13-2011, 12:31 AM

You promise to give us-

Landscape

Speed Tree 5.1
Speed Grass 4.

Resources

Environment

Accumulating snow.

Character

Basic Actions

Skills

Crafts

Armor

Objects

Creatures

Communication

Combat

Tribes

Quests

Delivery of goods.
Hunting.
Gathering resources.
Crafting.
Exploration.

Economy

Towns can impose taxes.

Evolution

Agriculture.
Religion.

The Unknown

And We Get

Jumping
Running
Swimming
Fishing
Foraging

Truths going to piss someone off...

saresita
03-13-2011, 01:58 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the dark and light 2!

I bought the game for all the features that are described, but are currently implemented only 4!!

If we all start a lawsuit, we can recover our money just as was the case for dark and light2

nobody will buy the game on March 15, only a fool!

So do not answer me by saying the game will be launched March 15

jjjggg50
03-13-2011, 03:22 AM
Xyson developers , I have a question to ask you............

How do you plan on implementing over 20 new features in less than 2 days , at launch we will have few of the features you described you would add to the game?
And we only have 2 months free , and those 2 months will not be with the full list of features you described to us.

I am now confused of what I actually have pre-ordered , a full complete game or perhaps I paid $40 to have the " Xyson Subscriber" title on the forum. Please , xyson developers just tell us what you are doing , the least you can do now is turn all the features on.

P.S I fail to see how turning all features off is going to help your servers in anyway whatsoever .

Risk
03-13-2011, 03:33 AM
Shit fucks up folks...Im not a fan boy...was in yer possition last year in May...thought we had a live game but no...needed fixing...like pvp being more than flippin of the guy...
Ya'll hit the agree button just like me.... a year ago...

Enjoy the free game time...yer not being charged and your free time isnt being used...
and when Oct kids sign on you can make fun of them like I do with all ya Feb newbies....hehe

Honestly...enjoy the free time and helping make this game your way....

CrazyMoe
03-13-2011, 04:19 AM
Did you guys even play the beta test ? All the features are in game and are working. They are just turned off right now to avoid server lag while they fix it. Theyve been working all weekend to fix it. Just get a life, be patient and come back on the 15th to play the real game. You really think they're going to release it in this state ? Turning on / off features is easy.

Lolindir
03-13-2011, 04:35 AM
Did you guys even play the beta test ? All the features are in game and are working. They are just turned off right now to avoid server lag while they fix it.

There's server lag with everything turned off, so i suppose it's not caused by gathering skills or terraforming.

netlork
03-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Almost 2 days without lag around here.
Time to turn on? :D

Any information from devs?

millsdo
03-13-2011, 07:59 AM
It was full of lag all day yesterday. So, it's been like 20 hours without major lag. There continues to be lag spikes Well, we lost an hour in the time change so 19 hours.

Wari
03-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Please turn something new on.

jjjggg50
03-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Please....

Please.....

Please turn on some features......