PDA

View Full Version : Turn off Global Chat Please

boojiboy
03-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Please turn off global chat. It serves no purpose and is filled with trolls insulting and attacking other players.

maelwydd
03-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Agreed. Full of morons.

Lhowatt
03-13-2011, 09:59 AM
yes global chat is full of trolls please turn it off.

santoclawz
03-13-2011, 10:00 AM
uhhhh dont read it if it gets you all hot and bothered....

wulvgar
03-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Agreed. Full of morons.

agree agree

Lhowatt
uhhhh dont read it if it gets you all hot and bothered....

it makes it difficult to read what your tribe mates are saying when your chat box is a constant flow of trolls.

Kroom
I agree but disagree... :confused:

Isn't this an easier method for moderation? I think the real question is why people aren’t being banned for racist remarks, etc.

Sorakin
03-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Global Chat will be disabled in 2 hours

Vicid
03-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Well at the moment the whole game is basically a chat room. Imagine how the population will plummet when they disable that feature.

Lily
03-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Agreed. Full of morons.

So is the forum ...

it makes it difficult to read what your tribe mates are saying when your chat box is a constant flow of trolls.

The red mixes into the background, the green stands out. Unless you're colour blind it's not that hard. Or just catch up to the present day and use vent/TS like 90% of other tribes.

Lonerock
03-13-2011, 10:43 AM
At minimum they should add chat options and tabs so it can be turned off.

mindtrigger
03-13-2011, 10:46 AM
I say they don't turn shit off until they turn the other stuff on. Fishing and Chat is all people have right now. I prefer they sit in Global Chat then sit here and create new QQ threads.

Armand
03-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Global chat seems to attract people in need of friendship and attention. Some of 'em never shut up.

mindtrigger
03-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Global chat seems to attract people in need of friendship and attention. Some of 'em never shut up.

I admit that it can be fun in small doses if there are interesting people chatting, but I don't know how people can sit in there for entire days fishing and chatting.

Saorlan
03-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Turn it off and also make local chat local and whisper to be very local local chat. As described in the features section.

Global chat just makes people troll - myself included. I have become a troll responding to other people trolling. Trolling the trolls.

chaosegg
03-13-2011, 02:39 PM
http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/3610-GTFO-Global-Chat
90% says turn it off already

d3m0nd0
03-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Yes Turn off more of the working Features.

millsdo
03-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Actually, it not only attracts those that need attention apparently it attracts everyone under the age of 12 as well.

NexAnima
03-13-2011, 03:00 PM
Yes Turn off more of the working Features.

Its not a feature, it was meant to be in until release. So there is no reason to have it up anyways.

Chafilao
03-13-2011, 03:00 PM

+1000000

Or at least make it optional!!!

RogueBagel
03-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Lmao @ all of you. Whiners.....

Snickle1980
03-13-2011, 03:07 PM
the global chat , though it's full of trolls at times is one of the few options that make the game as it is, interesting.

i think the devs just need to start banning people from chat who disrupt or scroll spam the chat room and go on personal attacks. not ban from the game. just chat. if thats possible. i'm just not the type to ignore.

i'm not completely opposed to getting rid of the global chat, but i'd just rather see the trouble makers picked off one by one. there was this one guy called reaper or reefer or beaver...whatever that was intentionaly scrolling the global chat with curse words and complaints simply because he was upset the game didnt have enough features yet. THAT kind of person is the issue...if this gets worse, i'd say yeah...kill the glabal chat.

as of right now though i just cant make up my mind. it wont be an issue once the game starts i guess.

chaosegg
03-13-2011, 05:12 PM
the global chat , though it's full of trolls at times is one of the few options that make the game as it is, interesting.

i think the devs just need to start banning people from chat who disrupt or scroll spam the chat room and go on personal attacks. not ban from the game. just chat. if thats possible. i'm just not the type to ignore.

i'm not completely opposed to getting rid of the global chat, but i'd just rather see the trouble makers picked off one by one. there was this one guy called reaper or reefer or beaver...whatever that was intentionaly scrolling the global chat with curse words and complaints simply because he was upset the game didnt have enough features yet. THAT kind of person is the issue...if this gets worse, i'd say yeah...kill the glabal chat.

as of right now though i just cant make up my mind. it wont be an issue once the game starts i guess.

Reaver has been doing that since the moment he stepped into the game- if anyone should be banned he should. He did it in game, on forums, and then grief-ganks everything that moves on top of it.

Also, there seems to be no way to unignore people, which is a problem if you ask me... during beta I put about 50 people on ignore so that I could just slow down global enough that I could actually play the game. -_-

Snickle1980
03-13-2011, 05:22 PM
i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks he's a douche. oh well. since theres nothing that we can do about it, we can always set up hunting parties to kill him when the game goes live. lol. should be fun. a lynch mob just for reaver! i say keep him in the game and make a target out of him! why not? gotta have fun with these typs of people.

(edit) what location, tribe and zone is he in? any idea? i plan on taking this lynch mob seriously lol.

Badaboom
03-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Why is global still on?

Kajones
03-13-2011, 06:39 PM
They could also make global chat a toggle so that it only works when a Dev is on. This would allow global response feedback to Dev questions. Disable it when they aren't actively seeking feedback. The Dev should be able to toggle global channel on/off from within the game.

fatboy21007
03-13-2011, 06:46 PM
aww hell 1 more day n global chat is gone for good. then its quietness :-)

Jadzia
03-13-2011, 07:23 PM
And its gone !! Hurray !

GuideEzekiel
03-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Keep it to one thread:

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/3610-GTFO-Global-Chat