PDA

View Full Version : How far off is the server from being back online!?

Benny
03-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Hey Xsyon team,

Would never complain, i love what you have done so far and wouldn't mind waiting at all. However i just wanted to get an idea as to how long you guys think the server will remain down for. I pulled a sicky from work today, only to find the server isn't up. I'm an oceanic player, was just hoping you could give me some insight.

I don't mean to offend or be rude, just a simple question since i cannot find server status on the main webpage. I will probably just hang around here waiting for an answer. Anyone else can feel free to let me know aswell if you know.

Thank Yooou!!!:cool:

also wanted to check the time difference from when i posted this, cause it's 8:20am here!

Does anyone have any idea as to how long it could be??

Commissar123
03-13-2011, 03:22 PM
slurp slurp slurp

dat milk sho' is tasty

RogueBagel
03-13-2011, 03:22 PM
The server will be back up once the exploit issue (long names?) has been fixed. Someone just HAD to fuck it up for us. Oh well, I guess this has forced the team to fix a lethal exploit (long names?) from destroying the game.

BTW Commissar Gromitovsky... YOU ARE SO HANDSOME OMG

Benny
03-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Ahh ok and it went down at 3:00pm correct? Meaning it's only been 24 minutes???

Snickle1980
03-13-2011, 03:25 PM
it appears this isnt one of those 5-10 minute down-times. according to the page, to paraphrase, they've shut down the server at 3:00pm/6:00 eastern to take care of exploits and will turn the server back on when they come up with a patch. this could be the name exploit or...whatever. since i'm not a dev, i have no freakin clue. my guess is that we'll be back online within a few hours or so.

galagah
03-13-2011, 03:25 PM
I hope that the team has Banned the Exploiters .. cause if you haven't you set a really bad precident for the future .........................

RogueBagel
03-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Im not sure what TZ you are in, but it went down sometime around 4:30-5:00 pm US central time.

Benny
03-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Ahh few hours eek!!! Oh well hopefully it's fixed. BTW do you guys know if any of the features will be turned back on when the server goes up again?

Death1942
03-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Hey, fellow Aussie here (in Canberra). Luckily for me its Canberra day (most pointless holiday ever) so I didn't need to chuck a sickie.

For the time stuff:

midnight for the devs on the day of the launch (15th, tomorrow) is 6pm Tuesday for us.

As for the server status, he just took it down to patch and fix an exploit and hopefully (not confirmed) turn on some features so we can do something other than place totems, forage and fish.

Unfortunately for you i think you may have wasted your sickie as there is almost nothing to do ingame at the moment aside from what I said above.

RogueBagel
03-13-2011, 03:28 PM
No clue about the features. Maybe 2 hrs? (lol)

Benny
03-13-2011, 03:33 PM
It's alright, i can scout the land, work on my run/jump/forage, I just hope it's not down all day! Then it will be a waste of a sicky and i could potentially loose my job pulling another one tomorrow :D, Would love to get started killing beasts though!

EDIT: One more question, why i have you guys here.... "Are our characters going to be deleted before the 15th release? or do we get to keep them now?"

Death1942
03-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Unless something catastrophic happens then we should keep our characters.

On a side note I have scouted out 4 Aussie friendly guilds in the game so far if you are interested. They are: Apache, Harlequin (Evil PvP tribe), Forsaken (Netural, want to be friends to all) and The Audacian republic.

I know 2 of those 4 are in the north west of the world and I am unsure about the other 2. If you are planning on going solo then I have found a nice spot in the mountains to the south right near a scrap heap (with only 2 other totems near it). If you are interested I can PM you the co-ords but it is a heafty hike (over at least 2 mountains)

Brilliant
03-13-2011, 03:41 PM
It's alright, i can scout the land, work on my run/jump/forage, I just hope it's not down all day! Then it will be a waste of a sicky and i could potentially loose my job pulling another one tomorrow :D, Would love to get started killing beasts though!
That sentence, coupled with that smiley face, is possibly one of the most depressing things I have ever seen.

Commissar123
03-13-2011, 03:44 PM
On the bright side I guess it wouldn't totally suck if you lost your man milking job.

Zarin
03-13-2011, 03:45 PM

I wouldn't take time off for the game right now if I was you, yeah some people do that around launches, but I bet the server and features are gonna be up and down in the next couple of days.

Benny
03-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Haha, don't be depressed Brilliant, i start a new job in 6 weeks anyways so it's no biggy! I just love new games!!! Im sure im not the only one pulling a sickie today either!!

kiwiitis
03-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Your a better man than me death1942.I ran all over the sth sth/e looking for a quiet spot to no avail ended up settling in Z700.:)

Death1942
03-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Well my first attempt was just to see how far south the world actually went. I pulled up a google maps of the area this game is based off and picked a spot wayyyy down south. I ran into the green mist about 1/4 of the way and died, had to re-roll my guy as he spawned way up north.

Millstone
03-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Why do you care if they turn Fishing Online back on? The fact that so many of you have spent HOURS and HOURS of your last couple days fishing is deplorable. And now sit in a forum just waiting for an update to tell you Fishing Online is getting turned back on is even worse. GET A LIFE, seriously.

Redus
03-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Why do you care if they turn Fishing Online back on? The fact that so many of you have spent HOURS and HOURS of your last couple days fishing is deplorable. And now sit in a forum just waiting for an update to tell you Fishing Online is getting turned back on is even worse. GET A LIFE, seriously.

You got to love it, people on a forum telling other people on the same forum to get a life.

Part of living is doing what you enjoy and what you want to do!

Commissar123
03-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Perhaps he enjoys informing all of you of your unfabulous existance?

Sirius
03-13-2011, 04:07 PM
There is a patch coming to fix the character naming.

There is also a 2nd patch coming to add scrap piles to some areas.

I'm assuming these won't happen at the same time, so here's what to expect, IMO:

Sunday: Character name patch & server goes back up (if we're lucky)
Monday: Terrain patch goes up and doesn't destroy server (if we're lucky)
Tuesday: Devs test turning actions on
Wednesday: Dealing with fallout, bugs, crashes from turning actions on
Thursday: Same as Wednesday
Friday: Devs test turning terraforming on
Rest of the month of March: Dealing with fallout, bugs, crashes from turning terraforming on

April: Devs test turning combat back on
May: Fallout, bugs, crashes from turning combat on

Benny
03-13-2011, 04:07 PM
**Calling any MODS**
Would love to know if any of you can give us an idea on how much longer till server up? Thank you

Redus
03-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Perhaps he enjoys informing all of you of your unfabulous existance?

I have been fishing, running and foraging! My existence is not unfabulous! :O

Would be nice to see some further from the lake. I see a lot of piles at the lake, but none away from it.

Lily
03-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Why on earth are you skipping work for a game that hasn't even properly launched?

Benny
03-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Why on earth are you skipping work for a game that hasn't even properly launched?

I apologize if i have done wrong by you lily! Im just uber pumped to start playing, spent all day yesterday downloading! Then didn't really get a chance to play! So today is the day, hopefully!!!

dukaal
Just tell us when you expet to have stuff turned on please.

Sirius
This is a stupid question, Lily. Please delete it.

RogueBagel
03-13-2011, 04:18 PM

Your signature? Why?

I love you. You are my global chat hero.

Brilliant
03-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Would be nice to see some further from the lake. I see a lot of piles at the lake, but none away from it.

Most of the existing huge expanses of junkpiles roughly correspond to the locations of real world cities and towns, which tend to be away from the lake. The junkpiles that are being added shortly are going to be mostly, if not entirely, in the starter zones, which are all along the lake.

NoBlackThunder
03-13-2011, 04:24 PM
There is a patch coming to fix the character naming.

I'm assuming these won't happen at the same time, so here's what to expect, IMO:

Sunday: Character name patch & server goes back up (if we're lucky)
Monday: Terrain patch goes up and doesn't destroy server (if we're lucky)
Tuesday: Devs test turning actions on
Wednesday: Dealing with fallout, bugs, crashes from turning actions on
Thursday: Same as Wednesday
Friday: Devs test turning terraforming on
Rest of the month of March: Dealing with fallout, bugs, crashes from turning terraforming on

April: Devs test turning combat back on
May: Fallout, bugs, crashes from turning combat on

thats sounds like a nice plan :D

but unless they release an official plan i dont think we should think they do that ...

from my experience from all other mmos ... the first 2-6 month you dont know even why you even try to play that mmo, becouse it has so many problems .. and i expect no less from this game :)

i can agree with the most its a bit borwing with the nothing to do.
but as mutch as i have seen this mmo has a great potential :) we will see how long everting take ...

im looking forwad to play this game ( a friend tipt me a coupel of days of so beside from getting some plants i havent been abell to see how the other thinks work. but i like very mutch what i see)

so.... acseppt that the will be more problems in the futur and hope that the devs are getting better with update ...

and every one wo complayns about the bugs after the game has gone offical online... GET A LIFE !!! that will happen like in every mmo

( i just saying this in an advance becouse i know thats gonna happen )

looking forwad to play that great game soon :D

Lily
03-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Your signature? Why?

Why not?

Now he's explained that's he's not been online yet and doesn't actually know that everything is disabled except fishing it makes a lot more sense. I can understand being pumped for a new release, I couldn't understand being pumped for a new release with no active features.

Sirius
03-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Last week we were told a plan that indicated a good chunk of gameplay would be running on Saturday, then even more today. A lot of people made plans based on that, and that's to be expected, because in an MMO, if there's a headstart, you want to be there for it.

So what we have wound up with is people stuck with the rug yanked out from under them, hoping the whole thing won't be a total bust.

That's why you have people taking off work. It's not like someone was reading the forums on Saturday night and thought "wow, this whole game is broken and not running, I'd better set up a sick day ASAP."

This would have been a lot easier if you had just deleted the question like I asked.

Snickle1980
03-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Your signature? Why?

yeah, what sig isnt complete without loli bondage and ball gags? lol...this one's right up there with mr fabulous. i shouldhave joined the fabulous tribe, but i'm not going to desert my small tribe in thier time of no needs. i'm still guessing a few hours...maybe a little before midnight eastern until the name issue is fixed.
maybe if the stars are aligned and the gods look kindly on all of us, we'll get some features turned on tonight. i'm not expecting such a bleak outcome as was listed above. if that were the case, i wouldnt have even signed on. i'll give them a week or so after the 15th and then they better get thier sh*t together.
never anounce a launch date unless you're pretty damn sure you'll be launching on that date. shuttle launches dont take months to fix...this better not.

Surly
03-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Absolutely fabulous.

Lily
03-13-2011, 05:07 PM
This would have been a lot easier if you had just deleted the question like I asked.

I'm only obedient for people I like.

ColonelTEE3
03-13-2011, 05:08 PM
You took a sick day off when all that is enabled is fishing and foraging?

I haven't logged on in like 48 hours and its still my weekend.

Oh well, to each his own.

edit: nvm, read more. He didn't know. Poor guy.

Snickle1980
03-13-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm only obedient for people I like.

please tell me you're not into cyber DS. please tell me you're RT before i start crying again. the goreans seem to multiply like rats as this all becomes mainstream...sigh. nothing against you. just the cyber bdsm slaves and so called dominants. pet peve that the real people have.

Vicid
03-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Sirius was telling me that those A.F.G guys should die in a fire (though he spelled it differently)

I told him my grandma was killed by the Nazi's that way...

He said 'good' =<<<<<<<

Millstone
03-13-2011, 05:33 PM
You got to love it, people on a forum telling other people on the same forum to get a life.

Part of living is doing what you enjoy and what you want to do!

I worked 8 hrs today, I checked the forums for 15 mins when I got home, after seeing the update. I am checking agian now cause I knew my statement would get people's panties in a bunch.

I have been in game a total of about 1 hr since planting my totem. Until features get turned on, I cannot imagine how little of a life one must have to sit in the game and Fish. How desperate for this game are you? Sorry, but that is Doctor Phil Show material.

Surly
03-13-2011, 05:37 PM
I worked 8 hrs today, I checked the forums for 15 mins when I got home, after seeing the update. I am checking agian now cause I knew my statement would get people's panties in a bunch.

I have been in game a total of about 1 hr since planting my totem. Until features get turned on, I cannot imagine how little of a life one must have to sit in the game and Fish. How desperate for this game are you? Sorry, but that is Doctor Phil Show material.

How dare you insult the Dr. Phil Show? That man is a deeply caring individual who wants only to lend his support to troubled mothers and youths, and here you are spitting on all of his good effort.

Benny
03-13-2011, 05:43 PM
This went way off-topic!

Surly
03-13-2011, 05:46 PM
This went way off-topic!

You're way off topic.

Commissar123
03-13-2011, 05:47 PM

What a horrible individual you are. Myself and AFG are in full support of Dr Phil's work and I find it deeply concerning that you think this way.

Thankfully this community is not all lost and a few individuals remain truly fabulous. Thank you Surly for being an outstanding individual amongst this... Oh I don't even have a word unfabulous enough to describe this bunch of cretins.

Lily
03-13-2011, 06:10 PM
please tell me you're not into cyber DS. please tell me you're RT before i start crying again. the goreans seem to multiply like rats as this all becomes mainstream...sigh. nothing against you. just the cyber bdsm slaves and so called dominants. pet peve that the real people have.

Considering I have no idea what you're talking about, I guess I'm not whatever you might be accusing me of. I think. :confused:

Snickle1980
03-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Considering I have no idea what you're talking about, I guess I'm not whatever you might be accusing me of. I think.
liar!!! you know you;re a sexual deviant lol

you'll have to pardon me. i have nothing else to do today, so i'm on the forums killing time. i wish this game would go somewhere. i'll give it another couple hours and then hit the hay. at this point i'm not even sure i want to log on with it's limitations...i dunno...