PDA

View Full Version : We need Sand !

Haplodocus
03-15-2011, 01:59 AM
U did a good job with junk pile ...
Now we need Sand !
If u leave the middle map u wont get any sands .
I though u could get some near river but after 3 hours walking, nothing.
I wont complain if u do nothing :cool:

Runtlington
03-15-2011, 02:01 AM
Plenty of sand around that is not in the middle, you just need to look harder.

Archangei
03-15-2011, 02:05 AM
Now we need Sand !

Plenty of sand around the lake, and in some rivers

Haplodocus
03-15-2011, 02:05 AM
Limestone is everywhere... sand??? are u sure u could find any when u leave middle map?
I do know for the middle lake and river's ending in it... but when u re building in mountain zone near green myst .. nothing.

Runtlington
03-15-2011, 02:10 AM
Yup very sure

Haplodocus
03-15-2011, 02:11 AM
So any hints?

Niburu
03-15-2011, 03:34 AM
Dig Holes, voila sand

Haplodocus
03-15-2011, 03:40 AM
Dear thx ! Now i kinda need a shovel :p

Plague
03-15-2011, 03:41 AM
Explore river banks in green area on edges of maps. Plenty of sand.

Koll
03-15-2011, 04:16 AM
wow: Some of us need to get everything spoonfed to them hey ? :P

VeryWiiTee
03-15-2011, 04:20 AM
Limestone is everywhere... sand??? are u sure u could find any when u leave middle map?
I do know for the middle lake and river's ending in it... but when u re building in mountain zone near green myst .. nothing.

Epic answer.. Since when has a mountain been made of sand.. Seriously? Do you think it would be standing still if it was made of a material that slides, glides and moves around when you walk on it.
Sorry.. T'is just too stupid. If you explore, you shall find and no not all resources will be available to you. You should have thought of that before you settled.. It is mentioned multiple times in the About and the Feature list.

Runtlington
03-15-2011, 04:28 AM
Explore river banks in green area on edges of maps. Plenty of sand.

^ this is the most helpful answer here.

Haplodocus
03-15-2011, 04:30 AM
Asking for help on a forum !
How stupid am i ? !
Thx anyway hey, that was fun.

Runtlington
03-15-2011, 04:38 AM
How stupid am i ? !

Hey don't worry about them, you can find sand in a few places over in plains near the green mist. I'd like to give you coords but then everyone is going to be around there, i suggest you explore, when you are though keep your resource window open and see what else is around like basalt, chalk etc and mark down the coords for your future use.

Epic answer.. Since when has a mountain been made of sand.. Seriously? Do you think it would be standing still if it was made of a material that slides, glides and moves around when you walk on it.
Sorry.. T'is just too stupid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sand_Mountain_%28Alabama%29 and for your information he never said the mountain was 'made of sand' did he? And yes you can find sand deposits in mountains carried there by galcial movements, also irl there are plenty of sand and gravel pits around a long distance from the water.

Deacon
03-15-2011, 04:41 AM

well, it was done for junk piles.........what's the difference? It's a needed resource........see my post about trees :)

wolfmoonstrike
03-15-2011, 04:51 AM
We need sand! We need trees! We Need junk! Oh might gods of Xsyon I beseech the! Make the world like it was before the great sorrow, so that way I can sit and eat cereal while I watch my character eat cereal Honestly that may be a bit extreme but god forbid somebody trades/explores/conquer for what they need in a PA world. If you honestly want everything handed to you on a silver platter there are other games with instant gratification. Hell go play a single player game and use cheats!

I mean ffs You really can't survive w/o sand? Then trade someone for it! Or do something more fun and slightly demented and stalk and kill someone for your mats, but do not pray to the impotent gods of Xsyon because you are to lazy to get something for yourself.

/rant

VeryWiiTee
03-15-2011, 04:53 AM
And how much of that sand was actually made at the mountain. I bet ya the rate is below 5%..
Fact is mountains don't create sand, they can obtain sand through other means. Such as glaciers. That wasn't what he said or wanted. He wanted sand in mountains, which is the exact opposite of what you would find on and in a mountain unless we have glaciers in-game, which we don't.

Don't use wiki as a reference please.. I could look up special cases too.. Doesn't make it true as this case proves it.
Sandstone is not sand. It is partly sand and consists of various minerals (minerals that if they weren't there the mountain wouldn't be possible and would be called a sand dune - hench the kind of fecking sand we're talking about, unless you have been able to create sand out of sandstone in-game (or even found sandstone..)

Why the smart-ass comment? Because he wanted sand in places that usually do not have sand, in an obvious "I want to be self-sufficient'-way instead of accepting that not everything can be procured everywhere. (which has been said COUNTLESS of times on these boards as well as in the various official website pages..)

There's nothing wrong with asking questions on a forum.. There is everything wrong with not doing a search inquiry or at least bother to thoroughly read the informations you have been given. (Almost like the ***** in-game asking how you do stuff.. Instead of asking, why not.. TRY.. Omg you have to think yourself.. Damn it, I see the problem.)

Runtlington
03-15-2011, 05:07 AM
Uneducated people frustrate me.

"Sand is created from the weathering and erosion of rock and rock particles to a size that is between .06-2.0 mm in diameter. Sand deposits can be of quartz particles, gypsum particles, fractured obsidian, oolites, glauconite, shell or coral fragments, or other mineral or rock material."

FYI there are many different types of sand and its more to do with the particle size or shape rather than what minerals it consists of. Sandstones are just cemented grains of 'sand'.

I could go on and on about this, before you argue please please do some research and i'll even let you link a wiki or other sources if you so wish.

Plague
03-15-2011, 05:56 AM
How stupid am i ? !

So you went on and read all the rant answers to your question and you missed the one telling you where to find sand? You are proving yourself stupid here, you said it yourself.

I'll try again: Explore river banks on the edges of green mist, plenty of sand there.

I guess next question is exact coordinates? I can provide that as soon as I log into game in next few hours. :(

Dubanka
03-15-2011, 06:05 AM
I want my bear farm.

please?

my tribe shouldnt have to forage up into the scary mountains to find the wiley beasties. Can i please just get a reproducing couple, preferable in a cage, so i can like start a zoo and stuff?

VeryWiiTee
03-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Uneducated people frustrate me.

"Sand is created from the weathering and erosion of rock and rock particles to a size that is between .06-2.0 mm in diameter. Sand deposits can be of quartz particles, gypsum particles, fractured obsidian, oolites, glauconite, shell or coral fragments, or other mineral or rock material."

FYI there are many different types of sand and its more to do with the particle size or shape rather than what minerals it consists of. Sandstones are just cemented grains of 'sand'.

I could go on and on about this, before you argue please please do some research and i'll even let you link a wiki or other sources if you so wish.

Which is why you in the mountains mostly find gravel as that is what wind, rain (and the lovely acid in the rain) can do in mountains.
But seriously, erosion is from water. Large quantities of it, over many a years. Which is why sand is common at shores and in areas that was once the sea bed (Jutland is an excellent example of once sea bed). Should mountains that once were sea bed, but now are well obviously mountains, have contained sand on the surface, that has been washed away with rain over the millennia.

FYI I know there are quite a lot of different sand, but honestly, what kind of sand do you think this is. Any kind of special sand?.. No, it is the broad term of the word sand. Unless I'm mistaken, most people would probably think of beach sand than they would think of special type of red sand, no? In which case.. And I'm only saying this because it is fun.. Where do you usually find beach sand.. Around lakes and near oceans (not that we have oceans in-game yet). So most likely sand will be in areas with lots of water. It also includes rivers that are not subjugated to waterfalls, ie. quiet rivers such as in plains or close to the lake. Why not mountain rivers? The stream would carry the sand down to the point where the momentum is no greater than the resistance. That is usually at the end of the river, unless I've mistaken the whole point of gravity.
Just saying..

Oh yes, as a last note.. Calling other people uneducated, then to, again, quote a wikipedia article does -not- seem very educated.

r4NGe
03-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Shake your pant leg and some sand might fall out.

Delvie
03-15-2011, 09:48 AM
I found not only new junk piles but also sand spots in the mountains just yesterday that weren't there a week ago.

ColonelTEE3
03-15-2011, 09:50 AM

Evidently..

I really hope they don't listen to this, or similar posts.

PeonSanders911
03-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Now we need Sand !

Agree....there needs to be more sand.
Every river with water in it, would have sand on the shoreline.
It's a fact of nature....but this game, its like 10% do.
Fix it, fix the lag, fix the combat...then it will be the game we all hoped it would be.

Kietharr
03-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Agree....there needs to be more sand.
Every river with water in it, would have sand on the shoreline.
It's a fact of nature....but this game, its like 10% do.
Fix it, fix the lag, fix the combat...then it will be the game we all hoped it would be.

Not all sand is suitable for making mortar.

The devs already caved and added far more resources in the starting area, in addition to the stuff that will be uncovered under the fog there's already far too much junk in the game for it to be valuable.

There needs to be some sort of resource that has a value to it, if they just add enough of everything for everyone there's no reason for PvP, no reason for trade, alliance, ect. The PvP will just turn into a WoW style dick waving contest instead of a fight for essential resources.

FPrime
03-15-2011, 10:43 PM
The PvP will just turn into a WoW style dick waving contest instead of a fight for essential resources.

That's exactly what a lot of people want. They don't want to admit it, but you can tell by their "suggestions" and demands.

ifireallymust
03-16-2011, 05:21 AM
I found not only new junk piles but also sand spots in the mountains just yesterday that weren't there a week ago.

If this isn't a troll, all I can say is, that's some quality scouting right there. And as other people already mentioned, out toward the green mist you can sometimes find it, too.

And I moved from my last location where there was sand right under my homestead area, so you guys crying for sand can just load up and truck me out some sand in your packs. I only moved because I wanted fewer neighbors and I wanted my neighbors to be friendly, not a tribe eyeing my location and hoping I'd drop off the face of the earth soon so they could expand into it.

Bring me some chalk while you're at it.

Larsa
03-16-2011, 06:04 AM
... Bring me some chalk while you're at it.The Brethren of the Seals (http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/4885-Lore-RP-based-tribe-Brethren-of-the-Seals) in zone 777 have chalk to trade with you and other travellers.

ifireallymust
03-16-2011, 06:17 AM
The Brethren of the Seals (http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/4885-Lore-RP-based-tribe-Brethren-of-the-Seals) in zone 777 have chalk to trade with you and other travellers.

Sweet, thanks! I might head that way in a day or so if I don't run across some. What are you guys looking to trade for? Anything specific?

Delvie
03-16-2011, 10:49 AM
If this isn't a troll, all I can say is, that's some quality scouting right there. And as other people already mentioned, out toward the green mist you can sometimes find it, too.

And I moved from my last location where there was sand right under my homestead area, so you guys crying for sand can just load up and truck me out some sand in your packs. I only moved because I wanted fewer neighbors and I wanted my neighbors to be friendly, not a tribe eyeing my location and hoping I'd drop off the face of the earth soon so they could expand into it.

Bring me some chalk while you're at it.

Not trolling - there was a spot we really really liked in the mountains during beta that we scouted in great details (as in up and down the two nearby streams) looking for sand - it was killing us cause there were no junk piles anywhere and no sand could be found. After the junk revamp we packed up everything and trekked back over there (four zones away, 12 hour rollback included, taking a chance that at least junk might now be somewhat nearby). Voila - not only near - right under where we had originally planned to put our totem and 4 other junk piles within easy reach. So I was out fishing and looked across the stream and what do I see sand - not just a single spot but for a whole stretch. Re-scouted both streams and there is a lot of sand now in our area.

Deacon
03-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Not trolling - there was a spot we really really liked in the mountains during beta that we scouted in great details (as in up and down the two nearby streams) looking for sand - it was killing us cause there were no junk piles anywhere and no sand could be found. After the junk revamp we packed up everything and trekked back over there (four zones away, 12 hour rollback included, taking a chance that at least junk might now be somewhat nearby). Voila - not only near - right under where we had originally planned to put our totem and 4 other junk piles within easy reach. So I was out fishing and looked across the stream and what do I see sand - not just a single spot but for a whole stretch. Re-scouted both streams and there is a lot of sand now in our area.

so now I'm waiting for trees update to our area.

mantoe
03-16-2011, 11:21 AM
They added TOO much junk to the piles. Now instead of 4 attempts, you can get 8 resource units from each patch. That is at least 2 too many.

Next thing that devs should actually add is some type of decent code to handle whatever is causing lags.

ifireallymust
03-16-2011, 02:08 PM

Nice. And guess what I found this morning not far from where I moved to? Not sure if it was there before, but there's some sand in the nearby river now!

Trees are all around me, I settled in the mountains. But sand is sure nice to live near when it's possible.

STAR_GOD
03-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Pandemic is giving out one sand of shovel for every dead hopi member screen pic

Jadzia
03-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Pandemic is giving out one sand of shovel for every dead hopi member screen pic

Aw you should have said that last night when bears and lag teamed up to kill us in our camp :( Could have made so many pics for sand :(

SnowMiser
03-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Now we need Sand !

I agree with this, ive looked all along the rivers in mine, and my surrounding zones, and have not seen any sand. Huge disavantage not having it, since you need it for mortar/buildings........

Sand should be by water.....peroid......Fix plz

ocoma
03-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Gods no do not add more sand please. They already caved in on junk not once but twice now, first by doubling the amount of resources per square before its depleted and then again by straight up adding more junk piles. For frags sake, something has to be atleast slightly rare or nothing has any value, everyone becomes entirely self substaining and trade/raiding become meaningless.

warmslumbers13
03-18-2011, 03:05 PM
there is enough sand in the game now.. after all just go look for it.. its out there.. and if your worried about being attacked while gathering sand ..Don't Do it Alone..
If your clearly going on a sand trip if someone kills you for stuff all they will get is sand .. which is heavy and not worth looting if your a PKer..

oneyedwang
03-18-2011, 04:05 PM
apparently if we complain enough they add things to the game!

Remove the extra junk (or at the very least some of it) or add sand to the mountains.

Deacon
03-18-2011, 09:08 PM
apparently if we complain enough they add things to the game!

Remove the extra junk (or at the very least some of it) or add sand to the mountains.

and more trees to my area....many....many...many more

jumpshot
03-18-2011, 09:12 PM
I agree with this, ive looked all along the rivers in mine, and my surrounding zones, and have not seen any sand. Huge disavantage not having it, since you need it for mortar/buildings........

Sand should be by water.....peroid......Fix plz

I have this idea where peopel put their totems near the resources they want, instead of bugging the devs to put resources near their totems.

Its crazy I know, but what do you guys think?

Arcturus
03-19-2011, 01:17 AM
People should pick their spots better. That is all.

mgilbrtsn
03-19-2011, 03:39 AM
Lol, I really can't believe this thread is still going.