PDA

View Full Version : Lack of communication is the fastest way to

drbutchermd
03-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Piss off your fanbase.

Can we get an update? Its launch day, and theres a shitstorm a brewin.

Jasdemi
03-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Go back to school kid and learn that there are different timezones on this world.
They said a while ago that they are trying to fix the lag. What else do you want to hear? Status updates?

Xsyon: Awoken
Xsyon: Going to toilet
Xsyon: Brushing my teeth
Xsyon: Turning my computer on.
Xsyon: Opening forum
Xsyon: Closing forum after seeing all this QQ.
Xsyon: Continue fixing the lag.

Mijeman
03-15-2011, 09:32 AM
@drbutchermd:

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/1440-Xsyon-Updates

That's the thread you're looking for. Relax. You can't expect them to be at your beck and call while you're complaining about lag and such. Just watch that thread, which is updating fairly regularly, and relax.

drbutchermd
03-15-2011, 09:32 AM
How rude of me to expect an update on launch day. Dumbass.

Jasdemi
03-15-2011, 09:36 AM
So what do you expect to hear from them?

"We're still working on fixing the lag"?

jumpshot
03-15-2011, 09:44 AM
There may be 1-2 day gaps in the updates, but on a whole this game is about 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better on keeping the people updated than any other game.

In Xsion you get updates as often as a few times PER DAY, and at worst every 2 to 3 days.

Lets compare that to, say, Darkfall. You get an update every 4-6 months, and in that time they haven't done shit.

So you have to understand when people think you are just complaining for complaining's sake.

ifireallymust
03-15-2011, 09:50 AM
There may be 1-2 day gaps in the updates, but on a whole this game is about 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better on keeping the people updated than any other game.

In Xsion you get updates as often as a few times PER DAY, and at worst every 2 to 3 days.

Lets compare that to, say, Darkfall. You get an update every 4-6 months, and in that time they haven't done shit.

So you have to understand when people think you are just complaining for complaining's sake.

I've never seen anything like this game for keeping people updated. It's incredible, really. Huge games with huge teams can't or won't update players regularly, but Notorious can and does.

%100 in the dark speculation incoming:

Maybe they're watching it for 24 hours or so to ascertain all of the current issues, after which will be informed of those issues that it is possible to inform us about (if making red shoes on Thursday always causes the server to crash, I'm quite willing to not be informed of this, because some other fool is sure to write on her calendar, 'make red shoes all day on Thursday!')

BigCountry
03-15-2011, 10:07 AM
I've never seen anything like this game for keeping people updated. It's incredible, really. Huge games with huge teams can't or won't update players regularly, but Notorious can and does.

Yup. Great on updates. On the flip side fail on execution.
lol
:(

Guess we can't have it both ways though with this game.
:D

YamiOkami
03-15-2011, 10:09 AM
lets face it... if the game had launched perfectly there would still be people saying the sky wasnt blue enough.

BigCountry
03-15-2011, 10:12 AM
lets face it... if the game had launched perfectly there would still be people saying the sky wasnt blue enough.

No we would go back to the ole' "carebear verus PK" debates, like we did in beta 5 weeks ago when there was no lag. hehehehe

blake378
03-15-2011, 10:12 AM
that is a fact this is one of the best launches ive seen so far.

Sirius
03-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Go back to school kid and learn that there are different timezones on this world.
They said a while ago that they are trying to fix the lag. What else do you want to hear? Status updates?

Xsyon: Awoken
Xsyon: Going to toilet
Xsyon: Brushing my teeth
Xsyon: Turning my computer on.
Xsyon: Opening forum
Xsyon: Closing forum after seeing all this QQ.
Xsyon: Continue fixing the lag.

Are. You. Freaking. Kidding. Me?

May I direct your attention to the Xsyon Main Server Status Page?

March 13th 7:00 PM PST

The game server is up.

Yeah. Because asking for more is DEFINITELY just like asking for an update every time the dev zips his fly.

Fanboy disease.

gdhthree
03-15-2011, 10:24 AM

you said it

jumpshot
03-15-2011, 10:25 AM

^^^^^^this

On the flip side, no matter how bad it is some peopel will stand up for it. Look at Earthrise!

BigCountry
03-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Look at Earthrise!

oh man......lol

bladra
03-15-2011, 10:27 AM

In Darkfall you get 90% Playable gameplay ruined because theres too many little kids in the sandbox with sparse 3-6 month intravels before you get massive updates. Every month or two the devs release a log. Now Xyson isnt at the point of comparing them with adventur. But this is how AV started out and see where there player base is now. Devs cant go from being 100% communication to 0 communication in 72 hours especially on launch day... I think its less frustration that the game isnt working on the day they estimated it being finished but rather the fact that they arent communcating. It seems as if they made their money and ran off to some random resort.

randomt
03-15-2011, 10:31 AM
I've got my share of frustrations about Xsyon, but I haven't seen many other mmo's where the lead dev guy is on the server console chatting with the playerbase to get direct reports of problems and such, or just answering questions about the game mechanics and whatever..

So I can't say I'd complain about communication

PeonSanders911
03-15-2011, 10:33 AM
that is a fact this is one of the best launches ive seen so far.

You just get a computer?
Your xbox and PS3 games dont count on "launches"

This is a fukn nightmare of a launch...........

randomt
03-15-2011, 10:37 AM
You just get a computer?

We'll see.. we're still technically on day 0, and I've been through some nasty launches that had issues like this last for weeks, months.. years in one case (sure you can guess which one that is heh)

At least we're not getting a DnL style billing fraud thing while trying to play on illigal server code heh

SmokeyTheBear
03-15-2011, 10:42 AM
You just get a computer?

i have to agree with blake, this launch has been better than a lot in the past.. the lag issues are annoying, yes, but take a look at darkfall's launch, there were days when they took the server down for 24 hours. even WoW had a lotta problems on launch, mainly lag problems like this one, no launches are perfect. and i'm still in love with the game despite the lag and lack of combat

Hanover
03-15-2011, 10:44 AM
You just get a computer?

Oh Please... This wouldn't even make the top 10 in "shitty" launches since UO.

niccoli00
03-15-2011, 11:03 AM
That server status thread should just go away. Once he has time, I know right, they should add a proper server status tool to the website or client.

Manual updates of when its up or down are just bad, too much to keep on top of.

But some idea of what's going on, would be good to know.

caldrin
03-15-2011, 11:04 AM

in darkfall you get weekly updates...

grimfaust
03-15-2011, 11:07 AM
It's launch day and there's problems.

Big Surprise

That's not a knock to the company either, this should be expected with any MMO. These aren't polished and boxed console games made for flawless releases. MMO's are always a work in progress and if you're new to this concept, well, welcome to the wonderful world of the never-ending beta testing. That's how MMO's are, something is almost always broken, being worked on or being rebalanced. If you aren't new to this concept, then smarten up, you should know better. Yeah, it's alright to be upset you can't play a game that you like. But in the same stroke, if you really like the game, stop being a nob and let the poor guys fix it. Just because they're not blabbing on the forums to people whom want to lip off to them, doesn't mean they're on some vacation sipping cold drinks on your expense.

They're busy. They want their game to work. So go wank off or something and give them some time to work.

niccoli00
03-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Comparing something to fecal matter doesn't make it good.

Silence on what should be "launch day" isn't the best time to do a 1-2 day gap in updates, let alone hours.

So go wank off or something and give them some time to work.

Done. Can I have my update now please. kkthx ;)

Commissar123
03-15-2011, 11:09 AM
There is no cure for fanboy disease.

niccoli00
03-15-2011, 11:10 AM
There is no cure for fanboy disease.

It comes with doses of harsh reality over a long period of time.