PDA

View Full Version : Lag Problems Solved? Maybe so...

millsdo
03-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Looks like Jordi was online a few seconds ago. He said data was not saving properly and running in memory...thus the lag. He believes he has fixed it. He is doing one more server reboot in 6 minutes (2:45 PM CST - GMT-5) and then will restart.

Once that is done and tested he will turn on Combat today.

Lily
03-15-2011, 01:10 PM
He never mentioned lag at any point whatsoever.

jumpshot
03-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Lag is turned on.

I'm not sure why we would want combat on with a 5 second delay, but the people keep bugging him about it.

What surprised me the most is when he said he would turn it on. He should probably stop writing checks with his mouth, if you know what I mean.

grimfaust
03-15-2011, 01:18 PM
There is no lag.

*waves hand*

niccoli00
03-15-2011, 01:19 PM
There is no lag.

*waves hand*

This is not the lag you are looking for...

Nope, doesn't work.

caldrin
03-15-2011, 01:20 PM
you posted this and broke the server... now its lagging again nice work LOL..

But being serious the lag has just come back big time.

Official response in game was to try and log off then back on again..

I did this last night and it did solve my lag for maybe a 1 min :)

jumpshot
03-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Awesome story for you guys. He came on and said logging would fix the lag for everyone.

I chose to not log off and just terraform through it with the few second delay.

A minute later the lag was gone!

After all the reloggers started logging back in, talking about how relogging fixed the lag.... the lag picked back up.

I'll leave it to the reader to figure out what happened.

caldrin
03-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Awesome story for you guys. He came on and said logging would fix the lag for everyone.

After all the reloggers started logging back in, talking about how relogging fixed the lag.... the lag picked back up.

now are you trying to say its a server capacity issue??? now they have posted on the updates saying its nothing at all to do with that ok.. so you cant be right.. LOL :)

grimfaust
03-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Lol, that's kinda sneaky... and funny at the same time.

niccoli00
03-15-2011, 01:39 PM

Duh, he meant cutting down trees...

millsdo
03-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Maybe I did. However, it was working great for about 30 minutes. Then, he rebooted to test the saving. It saved but on the restart it started lagging right away. Damn...

What about someone doing a DoS attack? One of my mates mentioned that would be funny if that was the source...and they wouldn't be looking for it. Hopefully he'll get it worked out.

jumpshot
03-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Wowowow.... I have been a large supporter of this game, and of patience. I also know that posting questions for the devs on forums is pretty futile.

However, I am having a really hard time understanding why he would turn combat on when there's AT MINIMUM a 10 second delay on actions. More often, the delay is in the minutes.

Let me help out with this thing we call "prioritizing:"

Shit that matters > shit that doesn't.

I will take a break and give him time to fix this, but I really don't see how this was a good idea by any stretch.

billpaustin
03-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Wowowow.... I have been a large supporter of this game, and of patience. I also know that posting questions for the devs on forums is pretty futile.

However, I am having a really hard time understanding why he would turn combat on when there's AT MINIMUM a 10 second delay on actions. More often, the delay is in the minutes.

Let me help out with this thing we call "prioritizing:"

Shit that matters > shit that doesn't.

I will take a break and give him time to fix this, but I really don't see how this was a good idea by any stretch.

He might have turned combat on for a "legalistic" reason, meaning he can claim that the entire game, including PvP and PvE, *did* in fact go "live" on Mar 15. Leave out the fact that the game is completely unplayable.

Sirius
03-15-2011, 03:27 PM
He might have turned combat on for a "legalistic" reason, meaning he can claim that the entire game, including PvP and PvE, *did* in fact go "live" on Mar 15. Leave out the fact that the game is completely unplayable.

This, although I wouldn't be surprised if these BS claims were being made for marketing purposes rather than legal ones.

xyberviri
03-15-2011, 03:41 PM
From: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/5366-Payment-system

It's same here! I was since 14h ago suppose to subscribe. It's a bit stupid you can download and patch the game before you actually have a subscribe up.

This Probally doesn't have anything to do with the problem, because the patch isn't on the same network/server as the live server right :p