PDA

View Full Version : Really? Animals?

Robhood
03-15-2011, 03:19 PM
That suffer no lag and cannot be hit? This may be the worst launch ever.

"Orcs are roaming freely across our lands. Unchecked, unchallenged, killing at will."

xenoclix
03-15-2011, 03:21 PM
I got all the way to my new area - of course lagging.

Wanted to place my totem - oh im dieing...really? I cant defend myself? Then dead....

jumpshot
03-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Still probably not the worst launch ever, but combat seemed like the last thing that needed turned on to me, too.

I think not playing is the best way to enjoy Xsion while they get this fixed.

Trying to play in this is just going to burn us out and piss and off.

Bridger
03-15-2011, 03:32 PM
At this point, I'm going to have to agree with the sentiment on this thread.

How is it a good idea to add more things that can ultimately only serve to magnify the frustrations already present? How can adding more potential coding complications into the mix aid you in trying to solve the lag problem?

Zsolo
03-15-2011, 03:57 PM
I agree and the dev are craving itno ppl who are load and not thinking of all the players.

Dontaze_Mebro
03-15-2011, 04:09 PM
No they are panicking and doing whatever they can think of to retain players. I think adding animlas was a very bad idea. Now like the OP said we're now being hunted by ghosts.

Surly
03-15-2011, 04:12 PM
At this point, I'm going to have to agree with the sentiment on this thread.

How is it a good idea to add more things that can ultimately only serve to magnify the frustrations already present? How can adding more potential coding complications into the mix aid you in trying to solve the lag problem?The game was already unacceptably, unplayably laggy. So what if they made it worse?

xenoclix
03-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Think of the new players or players that have rerolled - trying to get to a new totem place is a nightmare if they keep dieing and being rezzed so far away!

Not fun trekking the same route over and over again :).

billpaustin
03-15-2011, 04:22 PM
That suffer no lag and cannot be hit? This may be the worst launch ever.

"Orcs are roaming freely across our lands. Unchecked, unchallenged, killing at will."

I have the classic case: a coyote likes to sleep by my fire by the totem. I zone in, lag, and die. Resurrect, lag, and die.

Repeat :)

Larsa
03-15-2011, 04:27 PM
The funny thing is that I got jumped by a raccon in our camp and for whatever reason I could even kill it despite the lag as it was.

The sad story is that it took so long to put the axe away and equip a skinning knife that the racoon's dead body was gone before I could even start skinning it. :)

Ceronic
03-15-2011, 04:48 PM
I got jumped by a coyote in my and my friends camp, and it killed me and my friend without be being able to even land one hit.

waiting to resurrect, server goes down...

I think i am going to wait until it is PLAYABLE before playing.

Haunt
03-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Still probably not the worst launch ever, but combat seemed like the last thing that needed turned on to me, too.

I think not playing is the best way to enjoy Xsion while they get this fixed.

Trying to play in this is just going to burn us out and piss and off.

fanboi Fred finally says something semi-realistic about the game. In the meantime can I have your stuff?

Sirius
03-15-2011, 05:24 PM
I actually support this change, because I have long harbored a secret fantasy of being ravaged by a big, hairy bear, powerless to stop it, and having to watch the whole thing.

orious13
03-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Yep I only log on to check the lag then log off.

UrkenInvader
03-15-2011, 05:30 PM
I actually support this change, because I have long harbored a secret fantasy of being ravaged by a big, hairy bear, powerless to stop it, and having to watch the whole thing.

I lol'ed and can't help but wonder if this gets deleted.

billpaustin
03-15-2011, 05:32 PM

And, with the rollbacks, you get this over and over, for FREE!

Dontaze_Mebro
03-15-2011, 05:41 PM

It's really no secret.

xenoclix
03-15-2011, 05:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

denzil71
03-16-2011, 12:14 AM
I got jumped by a racoon

this quote alone is going to stay with me all day :p

chaosegg
03-16-2011, 12:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo
xenoclix wins this thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xToPCaNxaow <- Lumberjack song w00t

Also, funny story- the same bear kills me and my 2 neighbors 3 times, then lag clears and we gut him.
2 minutes later I'm mucking about and suddenly begin taking damage from seemingly invisible enemy(s)...
I die and then 20 feet away, strolling away with my man-bits in his mouth is ANOTHER bear... in damn near the same spot, hahahahahah.
I logged out then. :p