PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Devs ( honestly )

kostaras
03-16-2011, 07:12 AM
Today morning from 09:00 am ( PST +10h ) i had about 6 hours lag free gaming until i logged off. A big bravo to Devs , keep the good work . You deserve a good word after all this QQing.

Akkaros
03-16-2011, 07:14 AM
Of course you had a good time lag free it was morning here in europe us players weren t in game yet

gabbo
03-16-2011, 07:23 AM
Six hours is one big step no matter what. Congrats devs.

londonblack
03-16-2011, 07:30 AM
+1 for the thread and the devs. I had a good hour of play last night. I was pked by 3 apaches who took my pants. Good fun. Can't wait to play tonight.
-Obaley

dukaal
03-16-2011, 07:31 AM
Didnt you hear? 2/3 the population quit the game.

Kiriath
03-16-2011, 08:27 AM
Today morning from 09:00 am ( PST +10h ) i had about 6 hours lag free gaming until i logged off. A big bravo to Devs , keep the good work . You deserve a good word after all this QQing.

and then the 18h rollback came, oh wait that was yesterday? Maybe we can have another one today?

d3m0nd0
03-16-2011, 08:33 AM
To early to be celebrating anything, still a assload of things that need tweaking/fixing/remaking.

ldlocke
03-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Sad someone tries to give credit where credit is due and a select few have to be jerks. If you don't agree that the dev's deserve a thank you then create another thread saying so, but leave this one alone. I wa on last night with lag all over but each reboot fixed a little more. By the time I logged off I was hooked on the game. Keep up the good work guys it is going to be great.

Ramku
03-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Oh yes, very Thanks to Dev!

At 7:00' AM, when 90% of European Sleeping or start to go in Job, Server are Lag Free *_*

Oh, Wait.. i buy the game but i can play only in european prime time.. d'oh

outfctrl
03-16-2011, 09:07 AM
I would love to give kudos, but when I played last nite a 730 pm EST, My lag was like 1900ms, then 300ms, then 50 ms then 1100ms...then I get killed by a bear and never got on hit on the damn thing...LOL

Oh, forgot. Then I get a warning the server was shutting down

Lolindir
03-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Sad someone tries to give credit where credit is due and a select few have to be jerks. If you don't agree that the dev's deserve a thank you then create another thread saying so, but leave this one alone. I wa on last night with lag all over but each reboot fixed a little more. By the time I logged off I was hooked on the game. Keep up the good work guys it is going to be great.

It's a discussion everybody can reply the way he wants.

However, back IT. As others said before, you souldn't count the hours with few players online.

Aethaeryn
03-16-2011, 09:29 AM
I think the reason people are complaining is that the situation is the same as where it was yesterday during the same time. The later it gets into the day EST. . the worse the lag gets. . there were long times of 2-10 second lag for actions today as well as small spikes with no lag at all. Not sure why.

So the OP congratulated the devs on something that has already happened. If after about 11-12 EST today there was still no lag I would be mailing them a gift myself. Plus for every positive post about something on any game forum there will be 3 negative posts at least. . this is the law.

Edit: Ah. . see just a message now. . shutting down the server for a back up. . what if it would have crashed before then?
Says they have pinpointed several causes for lag and that it has improved.

That is something to celebrate. . once it works.

Mitsarugii
03-16-2011, 09:35 AM
the lag has not stopped me from gathering grass, just made it take longer then usual. the lag IS improving, the devs are working hard on fixing it, they deserve a thank you !!

Robhood
03-16-2011, 09:42 AM
I usually get on just at the end of the lag free low pop and watch the EU log in...lag gets worse, then the US gets home from work and lag gets worse.

The lag is player pop. Another example is when a Dev said logging off and back on would "personally' wipe your lag. I stayed on line. Within a minute of the announcement, the lag was gone, completely. 3 minutes later it was back in full force.

Check the lag at 5:30 EST, if not sooner.

jasonxax
03-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Lag has improve alot since yesterday, and I know that dev team is doing anything they can to improve even more.
Grats to you guys! Keep it up!

I would ask all the trolls,flamers and all those impatient people to remember that devs are humans and have their own lives and are doing as much as they can to get this game up and running as soon as they can!!

AlexTaldren
Any lag-free moments you have are directly related to in-game population, NOT to the devs fixing something. When it's 9 p.m. Eastern Time and there is no lag, I will either give them credit or be one of the thousands of people who quit playing the game. Only time will tell.

Aethaeryn
the lag has not stopped me from gathering grass, just made it take longer then usual. the lag IS improving, the devs are working hard on fixing it, they deserve a thank you !!

Man I must be a jerk. They deserve to be happy about it . . and we should be happy about it. They do deserve a thank you for going at it so hard for sure. . I just find it odd when people thank others for doing their job. I guess they are thanking them for going beyond the call of duty so to speak. I am an educator and when parents thank me for helping their child learn something they had difficulty with I always think. . "don't thank me I am just doing my job" I often say that as well just in a nicer way. I suppose I do put in a tonne of extra hours, actually care about their child's success etc. . so I suppose they could thank me for giving a rats arse.

I suppose it at least validates what I am doing and for that it is worthwhile. . . so complete turn around. . I won't say congrats yet.. but I will thank you for putting in the hours. Oh and making a game I love. . that is fresh etc.

TheDevil
03-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Last night there was a 12hr rollback, and lag is just as bad as it was on final wipe.

You fanboys will celebrate anything.

Dweetybyrd
03-16-2011, 11:13 AM
laaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggg// wtf.

caldrin
03-16-2011, 12:02 PM
well i would love to give them credit.. but having a server work with no lag and only a few players in during the early hours is no reason at all to give credit LOL... so awesome 10 people can enjoy the game.. but as soon as people start waking up and start getting back from work.. bang the lag is back.. nothing is fixed yet im afraid..

galagah
03-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Well , lag back exactly the same as this time yesterday , so i think i'll reserve my thanks for when we can play at Primetime for all players without having horrendous lag.

millsdo
03-16-2011, 12:36 PM
So what you are saying is that the European's are the problem and should be banned. This would fix the game? LOL

Imhotep
03-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Last night there was a 12hr rollback, and lag is just as bad as it was on final wipe.

You fanboys will celebrate anything.
could be good game, unplayable atm, so no congrats from me

bruisie159
03-16-2011, 01:04 PM
lol come on we've alats had little lag during the day in europe its because there is hardly anyone online! EU are at work and NA are sleeping!

For me its playable from 9:00am - 4:00pm GMT

tripthedancers
03-16-2011, 01:06 PM
last night was very fun no lag for a few hours good pvp got some crafting done cant wait till i can log in at all hours and enjoy it

Dirt
03-16-2011, 02:54 PM
we have to ban the europeans. please dont release in china.

Gorv
03-16-2011, 03:02 PM
I think the problem is most of the ppl don't know how hard it sometimes can be to find code related performance problems ...

Kiriath
03-16-2011, 03:36 PM
actually the lag has improved, untill a few days ago it was constant 5 min lag during either EU or US primetime, this has rarely been the case today.

so even though it still lags bigtime, good job on cutting down on it.

Lolindir
03-16-2011, 03:50 PM
we have to ban the europeans. please dont release in china.

Nah i play fine during European time, let's ban all americans :P

Andro Bourne
03-16-2011, 03:58 PM

Nice you you noticed if you stay up late enough and no one is on it doesnt lag... grats just so you know it's been like that since yesterday also, I'll give grats to the devs when they handle the current problem at hand which is the server saving actions instead of dumping them thus creating the lag.

Delvie
03-17-2011, 07:15 AM
Grats to the devs definitely. Last night was able to play without lag much earlier in the evening. Basically after work I get on and try to do something - when lag gets horrible I get off and wait an hour and then try again. There is a noticeable improvement.

Sirius
03-17-2011, 08:06 AM
So in the dead of night, when the vast majority of North American players are in bed and the vast majority of Euro players are at work, the game runs smoothly. Roger! :rolleyes: