PDA

View Full Version : Your Funniest Game Experience so far!

Archangei
03-16-2011, 08:04 AM
In before the wipe i saw a dude who wish to remain unmentioned shouting in local for help, he was almost dead and had a coyote chasing him.

So not to give any more thought about that i get to relive a benny hill moment..
I see the guy coming running from east to west while im travling north myself, and with the funky sprint in this game it was a true benny hill moment:)

coca
03-16-2011, 08:09 AM
Killing pickles and reaver and not making it into Rippers video was pretty funny to me.. but the funniest thing was probably last night
I had a coyote spawn just outside my homestead area. I thought game mechanics for the animals would be the same as with players, so I lag ran into my zone only to be killed next to the totem. The lag was horrible and I could't hit the friggin thing. I respwaned 3 more times before I could kill it.... he was bind camping me !!!

Dontaze_Mebro
03-16-2011, 08:20 AM
Alright ill start.

So me and friends where gathering at a junkpile and this guy comes running saying it is his junk.. Fair enough they have a totem near here, but then again their tribal border is 200m away so screw it.

We kept gathering all the sudden they attack us and they die we loot em, tell me guys to only attack if we are being attacked.

so time passes and we keep gathering, that dude + friends start smacking in local about us being griefers for taking his junk... (again 200m to border), but i encourage him to report it if he felt griefed or harrased in any way.

After rinse n repeat a few times from the above the start to naked attack us, we lose a few so we decide to pull back.

Funny thing is.. "Im gonna report you, get you banned.. gonna talk to jordi (i think he even spelt wrong) and he was gonna give him a ring"

Now this guy claimed to have run a game community for 12 years or similar.. Anyway funny stuff.

Hint: DA

Try and keep this thread clean and share your greatest moments:)
If someone reports someone for defending themselves then they need banned themselves. "Stealing junk" made me laugh. I'd have started at their border and cleared the junk from around their claim.

blackzilla
03-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Alright ill start.

So me and friends where gathering at a junkpile and this guy comes running saying it is his junk.. Fair enough they have a totem near here, but then again their tribal border is 200m away so screw it.

We kept gathering all the sudden they attack us and they die we loot em, tell me guys to only attack if we are being attacked.

so time passes and we keep gathering, that dude + friends start smacking in local about us being griefers for taking his junk... (again 200m to border), but i encourage him to report it if he felt griefed or harrased in any way.

After rinse n repeat a few times from the above the start to naked attack us, we lose a few so we decide to pull back.

Funny thing is.. "Im gonna report you, get you banned.. gonna talk to jordi (i think he even spelt wrong) and he was gonna give him a ring"

Now this guy claimed to have run a game community for 12 years or similar.. Anyway funny stuff.

Hint: DA

Try and keep this thread clean and share your greatest moments:)

This stuff cracks me up everytime...love it.

baka77
03-16-2011, 08:48 AM
<3 DA...don't suppose you could post coords for their totem? We'd love to pop in & say hi to them. :)

Oh, funny story, right.

So, DA tried to take the spot that Templars have been using for nearly a year now. They actually got the spot on the first totem drop & gloated mightily. On the second (and final) drop, they lost out & left the area. A hearty chuckle was had by all.

CoolDude1240
03-16-2011, 08:58 AM
I would like to point out that Archangei and his deathwatch are a bunch of trolls and mostly everyone in our little section of the world knows that. I'm assuming what he said is either completely untrue or so biased that he's gotten the facts wrong. Either way, don't listen to him.

Spitfire5
03-16-2011, 09:06 AM
http://www.own3d.tv/Bearodactyl#/watch/88576

Archangei
03-16-2011, 09:09 AM
I would like to point out that Archangei and his deathwatch are a bunch of trolls and mostly everyone in our little section of the world knows that. I'm assuming what he said is either completely untrue or so biased that he's gotten the facts wrong. Either way, don't listen to him.

And verify whatever you want with recon:)

Arnt you a DA member?

And cords.. 1022 bordering to 982

jumpshot
03-16-2011, 09:09 AM
neat stories but not as funny as I was hoping.

I wanted to hear more stories of being bindcamped by critters!

Melaquinn
03-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Out exploring before wipe, came over a hill and ran into a coyote. Now, I was unarmed (yeah I know..idiot), died to said coyote. As I lay waiting to respawn, I watched the coyote run off, went around a tree only to be ganked by a bear. They fought for a minute before the coyote decided retreating was the best option and ran away with bear chasing him.

That type of funny?

CoolDude1240
03-16-2011, 09:50 AM

Arnt you a DA member?

Yeah, I am a part of the divided allegiance, but I'm just trying to say there's always two sides to the story.

Aethaeryn
03-16-2011, 09:57 AM
I logged in after they turned animals on and did not know. I am trying to access my totem and had my camera turned on to "Free" or whatever so I was looking at my guy from the front (to show my wife how with clothes on he actually looks worse) and what do I see. . the biggest bear I have seen in game comes running up from behind me ( I always look for bears to hunt).

Of course my wife starts freaking out and yelling "run! run!" at me. I manage to turn around and back up despite the camera angle and get my weapon drawn. The bear kills me almost isntantly. . just as the lagged out 70s trippy transporter window comes on. . my wife says "your guy still sucks". She doesn't understand or accept the "lag" excuse of course.

Niburu
03-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Early afternoon ( EU-Time) when the server had no lag we had a nice fight with the tribes around us about the tree's. Was really fun but in the middle of the fights the 5 min lag kicked in

Hooflung
03-16-2011, 10:54 AM
Had a couple "critters" start attacking me in the junk pile last nite. They didn't understand that they could not hurt me in my own area. Played slap and tickle for a while, they would leave, come back. Went on for an hour. They finally figured it out when i was scav'ing and they ran on me in the middle of the act. I calmly finished scaving and just turned around to face him, and sat down (the whooshing sounds were a nice added touch). After a few seconds he got the hint, and bolted to the safety of his totem.

I would like to thank Crooked Creek for killing me as I waving to our new friends from the junkpile. 3 straight hits to the back. It wasn't like I wasn't with 3 of our other tribe members. I see who my friends are >.> :P

Judger
03-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I am a part of the divided allegiance, but I'm just trying to say there's always two sides to the story.

Yes said side of the only 2 ppl at first in the junk yard was myself and another DW member we were rescourse gathering from a NEUTRAL junk yard, the two of us were accosted by 5 members of the said opposing tribe no mallice was indicated from us until they attacked us, therefore we took a tactical retreat to gather reinforcements, upon doing this we then had some good fun disemboweling them. However they just dont realise that unless a jp is within thier tribal area they dont have sole rights to that jp, seems to me ppl dont read up on games any more and therefore rely on advice from other ppl , a lazy way to go imho.

sionide
03-16-2011, 01:23 PM
<3 DA...don't suppose you could post coords for their totem? We'd love to pop in & say hi to them. :)

Oh, funny story, right.

So, DA tried to take the spot that Templars have been using for nearly a year now. They actually got the spot on the first totem drop & gloated mightily. On the second (and final) drop, they lost out & left the area. A hearty chuckle was had by all.

Funny how there are two sides to every story. Since, I never saw you at that location you probably have no clue of what actually happened.

I am not going to go into details of who had what early on, that doesn't matter. The server wipe was the server wipe. We log in and get our tribe made at that location. We see Templars log in and start talking smack of how they will grief us and that we should watch our back since "this is their spot," etc etc. We just ignore them, so Iksis, the leader of Templars, calls a Guide to make us leave and to help them "claim" the land. Now that is funny! We all laugh at his whining and him calling a Guide into this. The Guide says that he can't do anything and leaves.

The next day, we log in and get the totem up. I hear Iksis is whining in IRC about how he didn't get his totem placed where he wanted. I mean he is going on and on about it. So I log in to IRC to just stir the pot. Ok, I was kind of a dick, but I guess when I see a wounded whiner, I pounce on it to make the tears flow harder. He goes on and on, and tells me how he how is going to camp us, etc etc. Been there, heard that, nothing new.

Later that day, the second wipe comes from the second "official place your totem" time occurred and we lose it. We all leave and found another area. It sucked, but we never said anything or complained and just moved on.

So really...the funny thing is what you guys did.

d3m0nd0
03-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Funniest Experience in Xsyon so far? Terraforming in 2 min delays of lag.

Snickle1980
03-16-2011, 02:33 PM
i was off at my favorite garbage pile looking for metal, when on vent, i hear someone in the tribe say a bear spawned inside our camp! the lag was horribe and i heard 5 or six of them die one by one via vent. it was a complete tribe slaughter. bears dont have lag. bears EAT those with lag and laugh. i didnt see the slaughter, but hearing it go down on vent was great.

now when it gets dark, even with this huge flatscreen for a monitor, it's still hard to see where you're going sometimes. especially when your camp is under construction. all i wanted was a drink of water and some fish so i walk up and over the wall and suddenly i fall 30 feet off the wall into a deep trench on the other side. someone improved our defenses and they damn near killed me in the middle of the night. i'm like mr magoo when it gets dark...

Deksam
03-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Happened to me this morning, strangely enough.. I was out exploring and came upon a bear. He was a nice bear... but I figured I'd kill him anyways. I Had a shovel and a club equipped (which I've used to kill plenty o' bears before) and proceeded to fly at him like a trained spider monkey when lag hit me like a ton of bricks. Before I knew it, the bear was gone. Not thinking much of it I started to walk away... and then I noticed my health dropping.

I looked around and couldn't see the bear anywhere, but sure enough I heard him. I was at a sliver of health when I ran like a little girl... stopped next to my totem at what I believed was a safe distance... layed down to rest... and was killed by my invisible bear buddy. While waiting to respawn he became visible again, and I saw him run off. All attempts to find him were unsuccessful. I guess if any of you guys see an invisible bear, you let me know.

Dirt
03-16-2011, 02:44 PM
.....mr. magoo.
you show your age and its got to involve a little grey.

Delvie
03-16-2011, 03:08 PM
.....mr. magoo.

hehe, so true

My funny story involves a stag - I'm sorting out stuff and trying to put it in a basket when suddenly this stag appears from inside the boulder in front of me and starts attacking. My first thought is oooo I want those antlers. Second thought is ok get in combat mode - only problem is that I'd been trying to open this basket for a bit. So I get to watch the stag beat me up halfway and then suddenly I'm in combat mode - get in a few good stabs and he turns around and disappears into the boulder.

So I run around the boulder as best I can in the lag and see him frolicking off in the distance. Funniest part of all this is that later my husband gets on and is crafting and a stag attacks him (it's late at night in rl now) and he kills it, gets all kind of stuff like eye balls, tongue, etc. He decides to use the antlers to make something and crafting fails. Tells me about it this morning and I nearly killed him for stealing my antlers :)

Snickle1980
03-16-2011, 04:40 PM
....mr. magoo.

i may just BE the old man here at the ripe ol age of 30, but no grey so far. we had mr magoo reruns back when i had 13 channels and the letter U. i miss PBS...but yeah. i'm probably the old man here. now get off my lawn.

rajaxone
03-16-2011, 05:17 PM

Arnt you a DA member?

Divided Allegiance - Zone 1022, Location: 602 | 442 | 574 - Members 32 - to be exact ;)

Melaquinn
03-16-2011, 06:40 PM
i may just BE the old man here at the ripe ol age of 30, but no grey so far. we had mr magoo reruns back when i had 13 channels and the letter U. i miss PBS...but yeah. i'm probably the old man here. now get off my lawn.

No, you aren't the old man here, we have 50+ players here.

jumpshot
03-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Totally approve of all the critter stories, those WERE actually exactly what I was looking for!

I do have a PvP story from Beta (v1) that I just remembered that was kinda silly.

Towards the end of beta I had lost all desire to grind and was running around looking for people to fight. I came across a homesteader doing some terraforming just downhill of me. He wanted to fight but was playing it safe and kept trying to drag me into his safe zone.

I would run downhill into his zone for a second and engage then try to drag him out as the melee ensued. He would then run uphill out of his zone and engage me, and then try to drag me in as the melee ensued. It was clear he wasn't going to let me kill him easily.

This cycle repeated a time or two. In a last heroic effort to get me engaged he barreled up over his safe zone boundry, and just as he did so completely stam'd out and started huffing and puffing. Needless to say he didn't make it back into his safe zone :p

vagabond80
03-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Mine would be when I was in a certain other tribes territory getting a drink from a river (my own area has no water) and one of them chopped a tree down on top of me

Morketh
03-17-2011, 09:45 AM
So we are a group of 3 people and not planning to get much larger. We have our little homestead near a junkpile and a neighboring tribe of 13 or so people has warned us that they will fight if necessary and we tried to befriend them letting them know that we are all 3 very strong pvp'ers.

Later on that day they had one of their guys come over to our homestead and start chopping all the trees down and leaving the wood behind thinking that it was his only (newb). We proceed to loot all of the logs and carry them into our homestead and stack em up nice and neat. He finally sees what we are doing and starts yelling at us so we do him a favor and kill him to send him back to his tribe.

him and 3 buddies come over and start talking crap and we kind of ignore it as they stake claim to all that is around them.. "whatever guy".

Later on as we are harvesting "their" junk pile we see the same guy log on and take off up the mountain. I call my buddy to follow him so we run up the mountain sneaking behind him. As he goes to rest we jump on him like spidermonkeys and he gets up to run away yet all he can do is sit there and breathe as he is out of energy lol. Again we send him back to his tribe, now we are waiting for them to come whine to us how we killed them again ;)

santoclawz
03-17-2011, 02:31 PM
So we are a group of 3 people and not planning to get much larger. We have our little homestead near a junkpile and a neighboring tribe of 13 or so people has warned us that they will fight if necessary and we tried to befriend them letting them know that we are all 3 very strong pvp'ers.

LOL pvp in this game is all random at this point hit detection and lag make it a crap shoot, i have swung at air and hit people 20 ft away and have had the same happen to me, i have seen a guy hacking away at the air thinking he was swinging at me, people who try to grow their e-peen in the games current state are silly

esudar
03-17-2011, 02:43 PM
LOL pvp in this game is all random at this point hit detection and lag make it a crap shoot, i have swung at air and hit people 20 ft away and have had the same happen to me, i have seen a guy hacking away at the air thinking he was swinging at me, people who try to grow their e-peen in the games current state are silly

not really.
won a 3v6, a 2v3 and others vs the local zerg tribe that thinks he can do whatever he wants.
enough to stroke the epeen

but yeah pvp mechanics are really really terrible

Delvie
03-19-2011, 01:11 AM
So we've started a project to expand the lake near us (need the dirt, but don't want to ruin the view) and had some very weird effects tonight as we worked to fill it up with water. Then a neighbor comes by to see what we're doing and I jump into the new deep end and walk out. He jumps in and for some reason (we think because he's taller than us, not sure and we aren't tiny but couldn't figure out any other reason) can't get out, no matter what he tries. Finally my hubbie had to dig him a way out. Gave me an idea for a swimming maze/obstacle course, might be fun to use in a festival contest.

What a way to treat the neighbors :)