PDA

View Full Version : Animals question

Plague
03-17-2011, 03:25 AM
Animals used to be all over camps at start. Now all trees are gone next to my homestead /and much wider, its barren lands) as neighbouring tribe chopped them all down. Now I can not find any animals at all even in wider radius around my homestead. Could it be related?

santoclawz
03-17-2011, 06:46 AM
i have not seen 1 animal since launch and i have traveled alot

ac1dtrip
03-17-2011, 07:05 AM
Had a bear attack our homestead last night. Was pretty kool except for the lag. Can't wait to be prepared for em.

Delvie
03-17-2011, 07:08 AM
We've had deer around, and someone in zone chat has major bear problems (at least 3 a night).

jumpshot
03-17-2011, 12:28 PM
I think it has more to do with everyone killing all the animals as soon as the lag died down, more than with the trees. Not sure though!

Mikee
03-17-2011, 12:44 PM
I BET PLAGUEBLACK CUT DOWN ALL THE TREES.

windoze
03-19-2011, 03:48 AM
I have been looking in the large wildernesses close to the mist and there is no animals to be found. So at this point I believe they are instict except for maybe some random spawning animals that are killed within minutes from they spawn in.

This makes bonecrafting a pain as all you can do is scavenge all day and hope for some random bones...

BarnyG
03-19-2011, 04:20 AM
After the devs managed to reduce lag to a decent level they should really increase the animal spawn huge time. I talked to a couple of bonecrafters ingame. They gave up searching for animals. I used 2h to walk on the border of the mist, i did not find a single animal. The only way to craft at least some items is to scavenge for bones. Basketry, Logging, fishing, leathercrafting, toolcrafting ... all these professions have their resources may be even on tribearea.
So make bonecrafting and hunting doable ! Make respawning times may be WOW spawning time / 10. Its ok if it is far away from the lake or occupied area in general but make these areas hunting grounds.

galagah
03-19-2011, 06:07 AM
Jooki has said ingame , after a server restart , that currently the Animals are vanishing into the Mist . He has a new coder currently reworking the Animal AI code , but until that is done , he will reset animals as often as need be so players do get at least some hunting .

Karasu
03-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Jooki has said ingame , after a server restart , that currently the Animals are vanishing into the Mist . He has a new coder currently reworking the Animal AI code , but until that is done , he will reset animals as often as need be so players do get at least some hunting .

basically, the AI is too good?

Delvie
03-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Well I think the AI is too good and not good enough. When animals were around (several nights ago) I kept getting attacked by deer, I wasn't out hunting. It was like they spawned, looked around, saw someone off in the distance and made a beeline straight towards them. Result equals dead deer faster than pizza can be delivered. Most animals are a bit more cautious.

Melaquinn
03-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Our camp is usually over ran with animals, but since Wednesday we have not seen a single one. No clear cutting of the lands, we have a good cave nearby and water. I'm used to having raccoons spawn out of our campfires! Its a good thing we don't rely on them for food, but very bad for our bonecrafters.

jumpshot
03-19-2011, 10:47 AM

This. So it may suck now but a fix is in the works.

This too... I think he had a really good semi-complex system that was awesome when tehre were 200 players. Now there's like 10x that and the system doesn't work.

Aglos
03-19-2011, 12:02 PM
I am hunter and bone crafter.... I am very fucked.

Redus
03-19-2011, 12:54 PM

Walking into a toxic mix that will mutate the animal. Doubt mutating is pretty for anyone :P

windoze
03-20-2011, 06:08 AM
I am hunter and bone crafter.... I am very fucked.

Welcome to the club!

WTB Animals. :P

randomt
03-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Once again over-population bites us in the arse? Too many people, no room for animals to do their thing, so they move on to where no one is.. the mist..

Yea..