PDA

View Full Version : Congrats for no more lag!

Andro Bourne
03-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Congrats on handling the lag!

I did want to mention 1 quick thing just for helping out with troubleshooting but it seems everytime your scripted runs to clear the actions there is a small quick lag spike nothing to complain about just thought you should know.

Everyone else not in the game get your asses in and start building shit!

Vicid
03-17-2011, 04:32 PM
is this legit?

baka77
03-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Didn't the server just come up a little while ago? There is almost never lag for awhile after a reset. Once we have 24 hrs of no lag, then we can come back to this thread. :)

Andro Bourne
03-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Nope I take it back, after about 30 minutes the lag came back in force... Devs get back to work.

and no the server has been up for about 45-1hr with Joni saying it was at high pop they did a small patch to dump actions in the files which was should have stopped the lag but didn't last that long.

caldrin
03-17-2011, 04:47 PM
haha never talk about the lag :(

Vicid
03-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Radically depressing thread thanks

Plague
03-17-2011, 04:55 PM
There is much much less lag then before and at times we had 0 lag. It's working. If you can't make a difference between now and yesterday its because you spend all your time on forum and never log in.

Go devs, doing well so far, it's getting better.

bruisie159
03-17-2011, 05:08 PM
well, ive done a lot of moaning about the lag and the devs! But! aftre this last little update (at peak time) i played for an hour after it with pretty much no lag. ping up and down but no lag!

Niburu
03-17-2011, 05:09 PM
They slowly fixing it, so there is hope.

Server was online now for 1 hour and after 30-40 min it began to lag but it was not some 5 min delay as usually and also the lag disapeard after some minutes. When everything went smooth again the server was shutting down so maybe they found another quick fix to reduce the lag even more.......we getting closer and closer to a playable game ^^

rajaxone
03-17-2011, 05:13 PM
They slowly fixing it, so there is hope.

Server was online now for 1 hour and after 30-40 min it began to lag but it was not some 5 min delay as usually and also the lag disapeard after some minutes. When everything went smooth again the server was shutting down so maybe they found another quick fix to reduce the lag even more.......we getting closer and closer to a playable game ^^

agreed. (10 chars)

wolfmoonstrike
03-17-2011, 05:15 PM
The lag was about 10 second delay at worst times (instead of 6min+) and usually only lasted as spikes and would go back to normal latency. So whatever they did its a hell of alot better now.

Towel
03-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Thats good to read, did they give indication how long the server would be down for?

Niburu
03-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Thats good to read, did they give indication how long the server would be down for?
No information. Maybe 30min

moonskins
03-17-2011, 05:28 PM
I bought the game last week and have been trying to play through the lag in hopes the developers would come through. And throughout the whole process the developers are talking to us through general and working to get it fixed. I'm pretty happy that their hardwork is starting to show. Thanks guys, now just turn the server back on so I can play some more. :cool:

gehnukester
03-17-2011, 05:29 PM
was tons of fun playing for 45 minutes with 0 lag, but as soon as it started to build my clan reloged and played for 15 more minutes with no lag till the server shut down. if everyone reloged when the lag started to build, then i dont think we would have any issues imho.

VeryWiiTee
03-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Even tho the lag rose to 2-5s it still caught up again instead of building up. That is a good sign =) especially if it was a high population :D!

lazyfroguk
03-17-2011, 05:30 PM
for me, from the last patch until server shut down 10ish minutes ago, i had almost no delay throughout. 200 times better than this morning and yesterday.

mindtrigger
03-17-2011, 05:32 PM
It's only a matter of time. They are going through all the problem areas they find and optimizing them to prevent the data bottleneck. Soon the lag will be gone and we will all forget it ever happened because the game is so awesome.

Zarin
03-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Lag seems to have improved well, especially in the amount of time - of coarse there still is lag that will come up, but hopefully that will be cleared up soon.

Keep up the good work devs, coming along good!

wirerzo
03-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Good to hear. Will have to check it out when I can get in game. The lag was even better yesterday than prior, I am sure they will get it working. For you guys who only know this game with lag, do not worry, it's a freaking awesome game when it works (it will soon hopefully!)

Hollywood
03-17-2011, 09:41 PM
I had very minimal lag over the past 3-4 hours! I had to relog once or twice to clear a bit lag, but not a big deal. Good job so far devs, thank you!

Andro Bourne
03-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Since the second update game has been up for hours with some lag spikes up nothing to bad lag is way better so give it another 12 hours we will see.

Kiriath
03-18-2011, 03:21 AM
yea they are definitely making progress wit the lag.

mgilbrtsn
03-18-2011, 04:19 AM
Great Progress!! Its no longer a chore to log in

XeoStyle
03-18-2011, 04:30 AM
Logged in this morning and all was good! /Clap at devs!! Good work guys - Keep it up, and we will soon have a playable game! ;)

Chile
03-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Had a great session last night for 4 hours. Built, crafted, scavanged and killed a bear all with no lag. Great work devs!

Goqua
03-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Lies. There is still lag. As soon as people hear there is no lag, the server fills up and the lag returns. (The time you play also has an effect)

Kajones
03-18-2011, 01:00 PM
I played for hours last night, and again this morning with little to no lag. It was beautiful, got a lot done. Keep up the good work guys, the efforts are definately starting to pay off.

doowac13
03-18-2011, 01:29 PM
now if the server be up when i come home from work i be happy but have had no such luck, every time i tryed to logg on this week has been a bad experince bad lagg practly unplayable i just hope this weekend it will be running right but i dought it with more people on =more lagg and now the server is down so when it comes back up im expecting the same amount of lagg and bs..sry dont mean to troll this thred just loseing my cool with this game that has some much potental arggg

coca
03-18-2011, 01:33 PM
the lag has been fixed.. .. oh damn it's friday.. perfect time for an update.. when people are at home and can play
lets drop the server make a bunch of changes add some more bull shit... and see if we can get that good ole lag back !!!

Bear5732
03-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Well I was pretty bummed out today when I logged in for the first time in a week or so, and the lag was almost as bad as it was a week before - then 5 minutes later the server went down for patching - hmm seems like in a week absolutely nothing has changed -

On a side note: I was trying to play the mortal online trial during this time - and the server resets every 15 minutes to 2 hours on that game almost nonstop the first 3 days I played. (Seriously do not offer a trial period of your product when its not working) Not too mention it seems to be a community of douchebags or everyone is roleplaying a douchebag really, really well...

ifireallymust
03-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Well I was pretty bummed out today when I logged in for the first time in a week or so, and the lag was almost as bad as it was a week before - then 5 minutes later the server went down for patching - hmm seems like in a week absolutely nothing has changed -

as a side note: I was trying to play the mortal online trial during this time - and the server resets every 15 minutes to 2 hours on that game almost nonstop the first 3 days I played. Not too mention it seems to be a community of douchebags or everyone is roleplaying a douchebag really, really well...

You have bad timing. Up until about an hour ago, the game was running great.

Kiriath
03-19-2011, 10:42 AM
lag has been pretty bad today, yesterday it was running smooth but today something is up, either too many ppl are on again, or the devs are testing stuff that dont work.

ifireallymust
03-19-2011, 10:48 AM
lag has been pretty bad today, yesterday it was running smooth but today something is up, either too many ppl are on again, or the devs are testing stuff that dont work.

I must've been lucky in where I was in the game world or something, then. How many hours ago did lag start up for you?

Gracen
03-19-2011, 12:56 PM
LOL, I just wanted to post to say you are nuts to say there is no lag :P

This game is all about clicking and waiting. Open a bin...... open the inventory of the bin...... moving items...... all so slow. With the lag it is...... crazy....

Kiriath
03-19-2011, 12:58 PM
yea nm this post, 10 min spikes are back.

ifireallymust
03-19-2011, 01:11 PM
LOL, I just wanted to post to say you are nuts to say there is no lag :P

This game is all about clicking and waiting. Open a bin...... open the inventory of the bin...... moving items...... all so slow. With the lag it is...... crazy....

Yeah, it hit me this time. It wasn't at all earlier, though.

jumpshot
03-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Ya for 2 days teh game has been running smooth as could be, today it's doodoo for me :(

Not sure if its' teh patch, the snow, or the weekend

Dade512
03-19-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm getting a little lag but it's not enough to make things unplayable by any means. It might be a second delay, nothing too huge. It'll be nice when they work out a way to get rid of all the lag but as long as it doesn't go back to 5 or 10 min delays just to pluck some grass I'm not going to complain. =P

Kiriath
03-19-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm getting a little lag but it's not enough to make things unplayable by any means. It might be a second delay, nothing too huge. It'll be nice when they work out a way to get rid of all the lag but as long as it doesn't go back to 5 or 10 min delays just to pluck some grass I'm not going to complain. =P

the lag is different to different people. I just had a duel with two guys, theres mega lag but somehow I manage to kill one, I dont even bother trying to loot cause of the lag and heads back home. Starts to train jump since thats awesome to do during lag, and 10 minutes later I die in my base. Aparantly the second guy killed me 10 mins ago. Anyway I respawn 5 mins later after the nice new long loadingscreen, half my gear gone and char is bugged in animation so I relog, after I relog all my gear is gone so guess even information showing what gear I had left lagged hardcore lol. Anyway after trying to chat for a while, and noticing theres 10 mins delay on my messeges and no delay on a few other ppls stuff, ive concluded that the lag is different for each person. Pretty strange.

Dweetybyrd
03-19-2011, 01:23 PM
unplayable the last 45 mins.. awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15-30 second lag

Dade512
03-19-2011, 01:27 PM
the lag is different to different people. I just had a duel with two guys, theres mega lag but somehow I manage to kill one, I dont even bother trying to loot cause of the lag and heads back home. Starts to train jump since thats awesome to do during lag, and 10 minutes later I die in my base. Aparantly the second guy killed me 10 mins ago. Anyway I respawn 5 mins later after the nice new long loadingscreen, half my gear gone and char is bugged in animation so I relog, after I relog all my gear is gone so guess even information showing what gear I had left lagged hardcore lol. Anyway after trying to chat for a while, and noticing theres 10 mins delay on my messeges and no delay on a few other ppls stuff, ive concluded that the lag is different for each person. Pretty strange.

Ah, yeah. I think that's been implied before. I seem to remember something about if you log out when it starts getting too laggy for you it will clear your "personal lag". Very odd.
I know they've been focusing on the lag issues so hopefully they get it cleared up before long.

Andro Bourne
03-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Well it was great for the last day then since downtime it's been nothing but the same lag as before...

Maybe they just forgot to turn the script on and peaced off to sleep...

Well like most you said above atleast they are showing us things are actually being fixed rather then just talking about it, good start.

ac1dtrip
03-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Lag has seemed really well over the weekend. Game seems to be shaping up nice. Maybe it's just the area I'm in but congrats dev team.