PDA

View Full Version : 6h Downtime Rage Thread

Niburu
03-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Please unleash your anger here...

d3m0nd0
03-18-2011, 09:48 AM
I trolled the server so it crashed. True Story.

Zaviran
03-18-2011, 09:49 AM
No rollback please !!!! No rollback !!

WTF... a 6h maintenance not planned?

Dzarren
03-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Lol just made one of my own at the same time, crazy

Niburu
03-18-2011, 09:52 AM
I had soo much fun building up stufff RAAGGEEE. Let's see what the Updates brings

mrevil
03-18-2011, 09:53 AM
hahahaha...

d3m0nd0
03-18-2011, 09:54 AM
I had soo much fun building up stufff RAAGGEEE. Let's see what the Updates brings

A 15 hour rollback :D

caldrin
03-18-2011, 09:59 AM
guess us european players dont get to play again.. awesome thanks xsyon devs.. i guess this means we get another free day added onto our time? or maybe 4 days as the game has basically been unplayable..
Please can be get some official comment on this..

6 hours downtime is not right for a game that has been released..

Rage rage rage.. actually this one has pissed me off quite a bit..

amoklauf187
03-18-2011, 10:00 AM
at least they should let us know what they are plan to do in the 6 hours...

Niburu
03-18-2011, 10:01 AM
at least they should let us know what they are plan to do in the 6 hours...

Okay i try to be smart:

An Update and Maintinance, maybe

Lily
03-18-2011, 10:02 AM
I'm sure there will be plenty of Euros, just getting home from work, looking forward to getting some gaming done after the improvements in the lag problem who will pretty pissed off about this.

But then, when you have a global user base, when is a good time to take the game down for 6 hours? It'd be interesting to know the numbers of players over the different continents.

Think I'll go play Wurm for a bit, my deed needs some maintenance done anyway.

Zaviran
03-18-2011, 10:03 AM
technical problem certainly

darkbladed
03-18-2011, 10:03 AM
It sucks but its whats gotta happen.
Would you rather it went back to unplayable lag?

but I agree some info as to what they are doing (even brief) would make people feel better about it

Dade512
03-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Thread says server maintenance so it's likely their host as opposed to the devs...

STAR_GOD
03-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Advance warrning would have been nice

Hooflung
03-18-2011, 10:12 AM
First rule of MMO, never update on Fridays!
Second rule of MMO, NEVER UPDATE ON FRIDAYS!!

Saorlan
03-18-2011, 10:13 AM
But everything was working really well - no lag at all.

I do hope this is a major patch and we are getting zombies...

cdemko
03-18-2011, 10:15 AM
I have an idea... go outside.

I havent played since the first rollback and have been quite productive this week. thx xsyon

teriyaki
03-18-2011, 10:29 AM
But everything was working really well - no lag at all.

I do hope this is a major patch and we are getting zombies...

Atm I'd be pretty pleased with the basic prelude stuff like animal respawning (all 15 of them, or whatever the number is) decay and comfort...

But a zombie invasion would be more than sweet as well.. Yummie.. Just the thing to shake up things a bit and put the game back on media map. :)

MastaKane
03-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Zombies = Stupid. End of Story.

Dontaze_Mebro
03-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Seriously they deleted my angry villagers? It was a joke. I'm not even allowed to play today because it's my wife's birthday.

dunaias
03-18-2011, 10:41 AM
friday 16:00 GMT and 6h downtime ??
crazy devs

Redimp47
03-18-2011, 10:44 AM
The way the server went down it had to be unplanned.....Everything was smooth for hours and than it froze. Hardware most likely crashed but I'm guessing! Prolly need some new parts!

maelwydd
03-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Why rage?

They are probably fixing stuff that you were raging about because they hadn't fixed yet!!!!

Go outside, watch a film, interact with other humans face to face...

Hellaciouss
03-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Devs have been working hard you know. Easily seen with the vast improvements to lag. Give them a break. Call your boss and tell him you all of a sudden got better and can work today since I'm sure some of you called out. Even WoW had a bad first week of launch. I know, I was there...lag made it pretty unplayable and there was a bit of DT. Xyson Prelude has only online for 3 days and we've seen massive improvements! Chill out!

teriyaki
03-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Seriously they deleted my angry villagers? It was a joke. I'm not even allowed to play today because it's my wife's birthday.

No sense of humor :( I mean if they're doing this to their paying customers who have been with them through the thick of it they should allow us at least to make some fun out of the whole situation.

http://mtglair.de/img/python/Angry_Mob.jpg

OldKnees
03-18-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm a bit pissed. I was gonna watch the tournament games on one monitor and play on the other. Got my pizza here and I'm ready to go only to find down for 6 hours. Nice. Knowing my luck the stability that happened yesterday will have gone away and playability will suck once again.

Dontaze_Mebro
03-18-2011, 10:47 AM
I should make a website that tells bosses of possible fake sick days by gamers.

Is it because the mob was black?

Jadzia
03-18-2011, 10:49 AM
I have an idea... go outside.

I can't go outside its cold and raining :(
But I had no opportunity to play in the next 6 hours anyway so I'm kind of glad I don't feel the urge now :P

MastaKane
03-18-2011, 10:49 AM
Why would you complain about updates and maintenance. This is a normal part of any MMORPG and it should be expected. How do they keep the server running smoothly and add new data without downtime?

The team at Xsyon has been making great improvements on the lag over the past few days. Lets let them continue without having to waste their efforts explaining every little thing they do and trolling their forums when they are improving the game.

RogueBagel
03-18-2011, 10:55 AM
You guys are all silly...

Why rage?

They are probably fixing stuff that you were raging about because they hadn't fixed yet!!!!

Go outside, watch a film, interact with other humans face to face...

Except this guy

randomt
03-18-2011, 10:56 AM
In their defense, this is happening in the middle of the work/school day for the continent the server and jooki are at.

Sucks to be us though

Crodak
03-18-2011, 10:58 AM
when in europe time is the patch done ? i dont know the time the downtime starts...

teriyaki
03-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Why would you complain about updates and maintenance. This is a normal part of any MMORPG and it should be expected. How do they keep the server running smoothly and add new data without downtime?

The team at Xsyon has been making great improvements on the lag over the past few days. Lets let them continue without having to waste their efforts explaining every little thing they do and trolling their forums when they are improving the game.

Masta Kane.. I'm a paying customer and as such I am perfectly entitled to complain. I'll complain till I get blue in the face if I want to because I'm paying for it. And yes this forum that we're writing on is paid by my money and those of other subscribers like me.

You can see that the "complainers" in this thread are generally an amiable lot and are not taking this whole thing too hard. In fact considering how immensely supportive and tolerant the player community has been during these past few troubled weeks I'd consider it most unwise to go on antagonizing it by placing some arbitrary limitations to open comunication between Xsyon devs and players which has been an exemplar to the whole mmo commmunity so far... because this very openness has been pretty much the main reason this whole thing hasn't blown up yet.

So, I can't play and therefore I complain. I wouldn't be complaining if I could spend this time playing.. which I cannot. I paid good money to Notorious Games for the entertainment I had planned for my evening. I'm still going to get my money's worth in entertainment by complaining here on this site that I'm financing. Dig?

.. that being said, it's no biggie. Annoying? Yes. But considering how well the game's been behaving this last day since the miracle patch I'm in a pretty optimistic mood.. especially if they turn on some features (ANIMALS! DECAY!) In fact I'm considering yelling "miracle patch!!!!" all over mmorpg.com for example and being called a fanboi be damned.

anywayz:
http://filmforno.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/bruteforce3.jpg

Chile
03-18-2011, 11:02 AM
You can please some of the people some of the time. You can even please most of the people most of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time.

Most of you will laugh at this moment in the future when your brains are melting from playing this game 40+ hours a week!

Relax, grab a dew and chill for a bit.

jumpshot
03-18-2011, 11:05 AM
raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage, with a side of sky-is-falling paranoia

maelwydd
03-18-2011, 11:07 AM
raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage, with a side of sky-is-falling paranoia

Can I make that a large?

cod3r_
03-18-2011, 11:10 AM
poor euros.. It's middle of the day on a work day here in America. Glad they are doing a 6h downtime =P

Lily
03-18-2011, 11:14 AM
when in europe time is the patch done ? i dont know the time the downtime starts...

Following the 'at least 6 hours', it'll be back 11:30pm earliest for mainland europe

jaqknife
03-18-2011, 11:15 AM
you know it does say "at least 6 hours". Just thought I would throw a little gas on the flames here. :O

ifireallymust
03-18-2011, 11:17 AM
I should make a website that tells bosses of possible fake sick days by gamers.

Is it because the mob was black?

Evil fink! Don't you dare!

esudar
03-18-2011, 11:29 AM
aye
zombie attacks every night would be the most epic thing that can happen to this game

Kiriath
03-18-2011, 11:31 AM
after getting royally owned by the 18 hours rollback this dosnt even tickle.

teriyaki
03-18-2011, 11:53 AM
aye
zombie attacks every night would be the most epic thing that can happen to this game

YES!

http://www.screamingmonkeys.com/images/smurf-zombies.jpg

Saiko
03-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Zombie invasions in this game = Epic WIN

The server today run perfect, i dont know the reason for this maintenance on FRIDAY! xD but we need animals and more content... and zombies xD

niccoli00
03-18-2011, 11:59 AM
aye

Brrrraaaiins!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NVkGR52OLQM/TQO4eGbsfgI/AAAAAAAAAJU/iaQFcoW6GXA/s1600/minecraft+zombies.jpg

sloffe
03-18-2011, 11:59 AM
I don't think the developers had much choice this time. The server had been running pretty well with only the odd lag spike to contend with. Then the server decided to crash. They attempted to restart twice but it kept crashing so now they're having to do some unplanned maintainence. Feel free to keep on complaining though, at the very least it's good for a giggle :D

warmslumbers13
03-18-2011, 12:09 PM
< Insert Rage Here >

wil this game ever run during the day time :(

jumpshot
03-18-2011, 12:09 PM
I don't think the developers had much choice this time. The server had been running pretty well with only the odd lag spike to contend with. Then the server decided to crash. They attempted to restart twice but it kept crashing so now they're having to do some unplanned maintainence. Feel free to keep on complaining though, at the very least it's good for a giggle :D

this...

... in fact i would like to change my order to just a large Sky Is Falling Paranoia, hold the rage. I think there's enough there for a meal.

orious13
03-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Complaining is a waste of energy.

jojotheduck
03-18-2011, 12:12 PM
You should be looking at the maintenance as a good thing. Would have to be a big thing for it to last 6 hours right? Maybe they're upgrading servers or something. Stay positive people!

Mitsarugii
03-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Zombies = Stupid. End of Story.

zombies WILL be in this game, there is screenshots to prove it. Now, whether they are "Undead" or "mutants" that is up to interpritation. Religion will play a large part in this game because the gods are back, thats part of the games mythology and you should know that.

whether we have zombies because one of the gods unleashes them on us or because the rift is open it has severed the path for souls to get to the afterlife i dont know, but i do know this ... zombies make EVERYTHING more WINNING !!

esudar
03-18-2011, 12:18 PM
OMG ITS ZOMBIES IM SO EXCITED ^^

teriyaki
03-18-2011, 12:18 PM
zombies WILL be in this game, there is screenshots to prove it. Now, whether they are "Undead" or "mutants" that is up to interpritation. Religion will play a large part in this game because the gods are back, thats part of the games mythology and you should know that.

whether we have zombies because one of the gods unleashes them on us or because the rift is open it has severed the path for souls to get to the afterlife i dont know, but i do know this ... zombies make EVERYTHING more WINNING !!

YEAH!

http://cdn.gamefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/zombies-ate-my-neighbors.jpg

Once they eat everybody else this huge junk pile is going to be mine, ALL MINE, MUAHHAHHAHAHHA!!!!

Deacon
03-18-2011, 12:34 PM

I'm not so sure pe-beta screenshots prove Zombies will be in....they could just be extra toons created via the character creation system, with hue etc changed to represent the dead-ish people.

joecool87
03-18-2011, 12:40 PM
bought this today, played for an hour...

Dontaze_Mebro
03-18-2011, 12:41 PM
That's an hour more than I've played. Be patient it's worth the wait.

Niburu
03-18-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm not so sure pe-beta screenshots prove Zombies will be in....they could just be extra toons created via the character creation system, with hue etc changed to represent the dead-ish people.

FAQ, creatures can "evolve" to mutants or champions

doowac13
03-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Yea i am usally the one that likes to stay postive but my patence is wearing thin with every restart and patch. I understand that that are makeing progress but this stuff shoulda been handled before the launch of the game arggg i just hope that thay can keep up the server this weekend if not there is going to be alot of pissed of people inculding me, and if thay keep this up there going to lose everybody to differnt games i hate to see this game fail with so much potential so GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!!!
p.s. yea i know i suck at spelling never been any good at it

blackzilla
03-18-2011, 01:04 PM
FAQ, creatures can "evolve" to mutants or champions

actually says zombie invasions in FAQ as well...

coca
03-18-2011, 01:28 PM
guess us european players dont get to play again.. awesome thanks xsyon devs.. i guess this means we get another free day added onto our time? or maybe 4 days as the game has basically been unplayable..
Please can be get some official comment on this..

6 hours downtime is not right for a game that has been released..

Rage rage rage.. actually this one has pissed me off quite a bit..

BURN BURN AH HAHAHAHA

silverhaze
03-18-2011, 01:32 PM
more like 12 hours current estimate 9 p.m. pst :mad:

Niburu
03-18-2011, 01:33 PM
fuck :-( so no playing today

blackzilla
03-18-2011, 01:33 PM
more like 12 hours current estimate 9 p.m. pst :mad:

Where did you pull that number from? Oh wait a minute...

patois
03-18-2011, 01:46 PM
RRRRRAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEE!!!! I quit F this. My mommy says if I ask nice you will give me my money back.

Kiriath
03-18-2011, 01:46 PM
getting closer to that 18 hour rollback!

caldrin
03-18-2011, 01:50 PM
I really dont think ill stick around if we get many more of these..

first strike 24 hour roll back or whatever it was
second strike this

we all know what happens on the third haha.. yes i go get a life :)

Phazaar
03-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Here's hoping for a 15 hour roll back and 2 gig patch with that! :D Rollonmoreflames:)

saltcreep
03-18-2011, 01:52 PM
RAWR..... damnitall

patois
03-18-2011, 01:54 PM
I hear they are resetting totems....

wyldmagik
03-18-2011, 01:57 PM
why u all talking about roll backs when he has stated he backed up the data before he took it off line, just incase.. ?

Andro Bourne
03-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Honestly if they fix the lag and make things more in sync I'll be happy to wait a day, it's not the end of the world guys go get a girl friend or something.

Lily
03-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Honestly if they fix the lag and make things more in sync I'll be happy to wait a day, it's not the end of the world guys go get a girl friend or something.

Girlfriends play games too ...

Kiriath
03-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Girlfriends play games too ...

yea, unfortunately not computergames.

blackzilla
03-18-2011, 02:16 PM

One liner of the day folks, kudos boss that was whitty....

jumpshot
03-18-2011, 02:26 PM
i have to lol at the people that are talking refund for a patch...

... I mean yes it's less than ideal to not get to play for a day... but seriously... even the almighty WOW is down for a 12 hours on patchday...

Niburu
03-18-2011, 02:39 PM
i have to lol at the people that are talking refund for a patch...

... I mean yes it's less than ideal to not get to play for a day... but seriously... even the almighty WOW is down for a 12 hours on patchday...

i like the sort of people that cry for fixes in one thread and complain about downtime for optimazing server/updates in other threads

opkluu
03-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Damnit, and todays a perfectly good Friday to waste...

joecool87
03-18-2011, 02:44 PM
try to be fair. its an unannounced unknown-hours server "maintenance". WOW ever did that?

edit: devs say its an important update, so that is unannounced unknown-hours server "important update"

Chile
03-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Perfect! I get off work at 5pm. Get home at 6pm. Change, eat, relax... that should put me at around 9pm pst. :)

Dade512
03-18-2011, 02:54 PM
i like the sort of people that cry for fixes in one thread and complain about downtime for optimazing server/updates in other threads

this is exactly what I have been thinking all day.

Aethaeryn
03-18-2011, 03:19 PM

awesome :)

rajaxone
03-18-2011, 03:36 PM

You spoke my mind.

Plague
03-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Forced sleep time. It will do me good. Go devs, thinking about my health as well;)

Saolite
03-18-2011, 03:39 PM
You spoke my mind.

Nice signature. I count 10 layers, depending on software used and how much time went into it. It blends together quite well.

Anyway, back on topic. I stayed up all night playing Xsyon, so when they shut down the servers, it was actually a blessing for me. I needed the sleep. Since then I've been playing Shogun 2 and random other assortment of steam games. It's nice to take a break from Xsyon every now and then so you don't burn yourself out on it.

kelmorian
03-18-2011, 03:45 PM
urgh a full day of downtime...

Dubanka
03-18-2011, 03:54 PM
i'd just like to see some patch notes :)

i mean with the state its been in, we can hope that the result is a full playable game.

but yeah...
'server status thread'- server will be down until xxx for some important updates.
'update thread'- during our downtime we will be doing x, y, z, p, d and q. hopefully this will correct the problems that have plagued the game for the last month. thank you for your continued patience.

that would be nice and uhm, businesslike :p

dxwarlock
03-18-2011, 03:59 PM
I prefer long downtime as he works, than continual issues as he ignores them
keep it down for 3 days if need be..if that's what he think he needs..so be it :)

kelmorian
03-18-2011, 04:05 PM
I prefer long downtime as he works, than continual issues as he ignores them
keep it down for 3 days if need be..if that's what he think he needs..so be it :)

I just keep telling myself that SWG and WoW had the same issues with their first week of launch but when you wanna play its hard not to get antsy.

caldrin
03-18-2011, 04:08 PM
could they keep the server down during US peak time as well please..

Otherwise they wil lget an unfair advantage LOL :)

dxwarlock
03-18-2011, 04:10 PM
I just keep telling myself that SWG and WoW had the same issues with their first week of launch but when you wanna play its hard not to get antsy.

yea, every MMO I've played..yet to see one where the launch was a agreement of everyone going "this is a well planned, near flawless launch..bravo team!" granted some are better than others..but yet to be one I know of that didnt have a week or so of the community wanting to hang the dev team after 'go live" date.

I expected it coming in, others that have played MMO sometimes tend to forget the rocky starts for a few weeks they all had, and only remember the year+ or so they played where it was good and stable.

I think Jooky with his SMALL dev team, is proportionally doing MUCH better than others MMOS in the same timeframe..if you consider the manhours put into bugfixes..

WoW/SWG/AoC had a 50+ devteam for 2 weeks grinding away at code to get it fixed..Jooky has what, 2 people actually working on code? at the 'manhour' rate he techinically has a few months before hes doing worse than those launches.

jaqknife
03-18-2011, 04:12 PM
could they keep the server down during US peak time as well please..

Otherwise they wil lget an unfair advantage LOL :)

it already will be 9pm PST is only an estimate.

ironfist69
03-18-2011, 04:22 PM
why is it called 6 hour downtime? isnt it closer to 12 hours? zZzZzzZzzZZZzZZz

blackzilla
03-18-2011, 04:25 PM
it already will be 9pm PST is only an estimate.

Nope still 4 hours to go for everyone boss.

XeoStyle
03-18-2011, 04:48 PM
With such a major patch, I fear that either they gonna fuck it totally up again, or they fixed some of the lag issues we've been having the last week.. Or both.. :S

Changes, good or bad, mostly never come alone with one of the former.. Anyway devs, you managed to fix alot of issues already, so I hope we wont be thrown back to the stone age again.. (Though right now it feels like we actually are in the stone age :) )

Niburu
03-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Cross your fingers Archery makes it in ^^

But lets see, since the maintinance+update was after some crash i bet they update something server side and not something gameplay wise

Sabina
03-18-2011, 04:53 PM
They already posted that it was a server update if anyone bothered to read it

Zarin
03-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Server back up, good that they estimated large rather than a small estimate.

Niburu
03-18-2011, 05:57 PM
4h before ETA, Rage threads are usually up after 1min, were are the Thank you Dev's-Threads ?

Sirius
03-18-2011, 06:05 PM
I made my own, and it was better than this one.

saltcreep
03-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Glad it is back up , but I'm swimming in a sea of green now....?

orious13
03-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Glad it is back up , but I'm swimming in a sea of green now....?

Why is that a quuestionn? (*overemphasized pitch inflection included*)