PDA

View Full Version : Disable snow!

Jasdemi
03-19-2011, 10:16 AM
I don't see anything and don't feel like logging in anymore with this annoying white snow.

Please disable it and after revamping, enable it again.

Do it.

XSYON, would you like to play your game if it looked like this?
http://jasdemi.com/stuff/Screenshot_2011319_17_12_32.jpg

jumpshot
03-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Hey look something happened.

Lets complain about it.

YamiOkami
03-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Disable jumpshot, it is clearly ruining the game xD

Ceronic
03-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Oh hey, disable anything new, since that will ruin the game play we have now.

Killarai
03-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Turn your bloom off if it's on, won't be so annoying.

Koll
03-19-2011, 10:22 AM
I disagree. I like the snow.

Armand
03-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Revamp the snow? Should it be made transparent like its real life equivalent?

Quavis
03-19-2011, 10:31 AM
I really liked the snow. The snow covering on the trees was a nice touch.

However, it does cause a few problems. The chat window is almost impossible to read with heavy snow on the ground. We need to be able to either change the colors, or set the chat window transparency.

Also, grass does look horribly out of place in heavy snow, and makes it harder on the eyes. Heavy snow needs to cover up the grass, just like any other ground texture. It could be that we only got a few inches so far and it will eventually cover, in which case thats great.

Overall, winter looks very awesome! I'm sure my opinion will change once the freezing cold affects my character, but for now I love the winter! :cool:

Liil
03-19-2011, 10:34 AM
I'm confused I haven't seen any snow at all since launch. Are you referring to the puddles that appear after there has been a rain?

mgilbrtsn
03-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Keep the snow. Quit the complaining

Mitsarugii
03-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Keep the snow. Quit the complaining

+1

PWEETY SNOW

ITS SO FLUFFY I COULD DIE !!!!!!!!

Dade512
03-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Yeah, that screenshot up there looked like grass poking thru the snow. I don't know how you can make snow look...uh, not like white snow...? o.O

And Quavis, is not being able to see the local spam, I mean, chat really that big of a deal? =P

redrazor
03-19-2011, 10:40 AM
You can always quit and come back when its summer :)

Delvie
03-19-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm confused I haven't seen any snow at all since launch. Are you referring to the puddles that appear after there has been a rain?

It's been snowing in our zone pretty heavily this morning. And yes the snow gets deeper and covers up more stuff. The effect on the trees was very kewl.

And you thought reading red on white was tough? Reading white chat on white snow is horrid.

Deatu
03-19-2011, 10:45 AM
The only beef I have is knowing where I am paving or not. Otherwise, stop whining about snow, you mild-weathered, sun-loving snowbird of ungrateful proportion.

niccoli00
03-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Seriously, someone is going to complain about every aspect. I don't see nearly as many active posters as people on the threads/forum. IF everyone was upset about it, more would be complaining. But they aren't.

Keep adding stuff, keep tweaking, take all these "complaints" with large grains of salt and work on your vision for the game.

StarvingSteve
03-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Obvious troll is too obvious.

Morigen
03-19-2011, 10:57 AM
I'd actually prefer a method for us dealing with the snow.

For example, shoveling it out of the way so we can see the underlying terrain, like for example Deatu's comment about seeing the paving.

jumpshot
03-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Lets take this thread to a more productive level and complain about loading entities.

Geesh I've been at this like 10 minutes it seems.

Kiriath
03-19-2011, 11:06 AM
I don't see anything and don't feel like logging in anymore with this annoying white snow.

Do it.

XSYON, would you like to play your game if it looked like this?
http://jasdemi.com/stuff/Screenshot_2011319_17_12_32.jpg

Is this a serious whinepost or should I just report it for trolling?

Jasdemi
03-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Is this a serious whinepost or should I just report it for trolling?
Click the screenshot. Watch it. Post again.

Liil
03-19-2011, 11:27 AM
It's been snowing in our zone pretty heavily this morning. And yes the snow gets deeper and covers up more stuff. The effect on the trees was very kewl.

And you thought reading red on white was tough? Reading white chat on white snow is horrid.

Oh didnt realise we had different weather in different areas on the map, I thought we wwere all roughly the same. Theres has been some thought by the Devs there, good on them!

On another note, it snowed in our area since the pacth just now :)

redseal
03-19-2011, 11:34 AM

QQ It's part of the game. It's also another element that is very interesting about the game. Don't like it? No one is making ya stay...

I also think that your SS looks great! I like the snow.

RogueBagel
03-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Where is the skill that shovels snow off the ground :)

Good idea?

redseal
03-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Yeah that and clear terrain and the water resource were also good ideas.

Nemikal
03-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Revamp the snow? Should it be made transparent like its real life equivalent?

Holy shit, that made me spit coffee all over the desk. Thanks a lot.

biotek
03-19-2011, 02:14 PM
I agree that we could use a method to uncover the roads and such.
I actually thought this was going to be a complaint about the graphics for precipitation in general - which I would agree with. The rain and snow falling down are much too opaque and/or are allowed too near the camera.

AlexTaldren
03-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Let us shovel snow to show paved roads underneath. And if there is a way to add better shadows so we can see changes in height easier, that would be cool.

Zarin
03-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Snow isn't that bad, maybe they could change the texture and make it more transparent.

The real graphic problem is the grass, probably the most unattractive looking part of the game in my opinion.

Hefe18
03-19-2011, 03:46 PM
I like the snow, much easier to see people coming and just a nice and bright landscape to run around.

Snow in game awesome, snow IRL no!

Xidian
03-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Snow isn't that bad, maybe they could change the texture and make it more transparent.

The real graphic problem is the grass, probably the most unattractive looking part of the game in my opinion.

I agree that they need to change the grass at some point, since it's essentially 2D that turns with your viewpoint. If they found a way to make the grass spots act more like trees it would be better but might cause more lag.

I also agree that we should be able to clear the snow in a very similar fashion to terraforming, if not just an added feature in the terraforming menu. This suggestion goes in the book of good suggestions that people have along with Wells for water and such.

Zarin
03-19-2011, 04:12 PM
I agree that they need to change the grass at some point, since it's essentially 2D that turns with your viewpoint. If they found a way to make the grass spots act more like trees it would be better but might cause more lag.

I also agree that we should be able to clear the snow in a very similar fashion to terraforming, if not just an added feature in the terraforming menu. This suggestion goes in the book of good suggestions that people have along with Wells for water and such.

Yeah, there could be some work with the textures, but I applaud them for putting snow in game.

Zarma
03-19-2011, 04:19 PM
The snows fine. It makes it hard to scavenge, but then again, scavenging in the snow should be hard.

Xidian
03-19-2011, 04:57 PM
The snows fine. It makes it hard to scavenge, but then again, scavenging in the snow should be hard.

I agree it should be more difficult, but people know where the JPs are from the spring season.

The only problem I have with snow currently is that it has been piling up at the bottom of rivers, which is kinda VERY unrealistic. As well as rain going through roofs.

Zarin
03-19-2011, 05:44 PM
I agree it should be more difficult, but people know where the JPs are from the spring season.

The only problem I have with snow currently is that it has been piling up at the bottom of rivers, which is kinda VERY unrealistic. As well as rain going through roofs.

It's not unrealistic if you have used poor materials to make the roof.

Xidian
03-19-2011, 06:48 PM
It's not unrealistic if you have used poor materials to make the roof.

Very true, lol.

savageasf
03-19-2011, 06:48 PM
IMO they should just add an option to terraforming to shovel the snow (and it gets put in your inv like dirt)

Xidian
03-19-2011, 06:51 PM
IMO they should just add an option to terraforming to shovel the snow (and it gets put in your inv like dirt)

True, that could work, but I think that they would have to make snow act like terrain which could cause problems. Maybe not though.

wirerzo
03-19-2011, 06:59 PM
I like the snow. Always have for some reason. Then again I am not a terraformer really, so making roads and seeing them is low on my list. I feel like I am generally one of the few who enjoys the stuff. Makes me feel like I am in Tahoe :D

randomt
03-19-2011, 06:59 PM
I agree.. Shovel the snow.. very logical, perhaps it can be collected in some kind of bucket for water, or just removed.. Or add it as a basic everyone skill..

The grass.. sure it's not the best, but it's better then just a texture on the ground, and I guess laying in it is hiding, to some extent

ArrakisTheDragon
03-19-2011, 07:30 PM
This is the effect the game was advertised to have to begin with. Personally I think it adds a unique touch to the game.

gdhthree
03-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Love the snow! Yeah it makes things difficult especially terraforming, but wouldn't a big snow do that? Feeling the seasons change just pulls you more into Xsyon.

Risk
03-20-2011, 12:45 AM
We got full snow now again?? sweet...love the snow...so much easier to type in.

Shrimps
03-20-2011, 01:05 AM
disable snow until you can move it when terraforming. It's nearly impossible to terraform at the moment.

bOOmerDK
03-20-2011, 01:56 AM
I like the snow. Realism is my thing

Plague
03-20-2011, 02:22 AM
I like snow too. It adds to the feeling of apocalypse.

ifireallymust
03-20-2011, 06:19 AM
I terraformed in snow for several hours with no problem. Not sure what the big deal is, once you turn bloom off.