PDA

View Full Version : Perormance hit since last patch

caldrin
03-20-2011, 06:55 AM
Hi

Since the last patch me and my clan mates have noticed a performance hit in this game.. before i could run the game maxed out without any issues at all but now since the patch that mainly fixed the lag my fps in game is basically a joke.. I have tried turning everything right down but its exactly the same.

All members of my tribe are also having similar issues.

I could not find a post from anyone on the forums so just wanted to check if anyone else has had the issues and if they know any way to resolve it..

Thanks

Larsa
03-20-2011, 07:14 AM
No issues here, but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with your location, because I know of a location close to our camp where I will get lag whenever I go there.

r0ss0
03-20-2011, 07:27 AM
ive noticed a performance hit to.

Sirius
03-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Same for me. My FPS has dropped about 95% (now it's about 3-5, previously it was steadily close to 100) -- and CPU is jacked to the max at all times. It's borderline unplayable.

mrevil
03-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Same for me. My FPS has dropped about 95% (now it's about 3-5, previously it was steadily close to 100) -- and CPU is jacked to the max at all times. It's borderline unplayable.

same here, q9550@ 4 Ghz, 2* 5850 Toxic .... got instead of 100-150 fps 13-20 fps all maxed

Sirius
03-20-2011, 08:19 AM
I'm talking about having all (all!) settings at the hard minimum, though. It's pretty painful.

<--- Pentium 4 / AGP slot system here.

caldrin
03-20-2011, 08:25 AM
well glad we aint the only ones..

AMD 1055T running at 3.5ghz
4GB Ram
ATI 6850
Win 7 pro x64

r0ss0
03-20-2011, 08:45 AM
thought i would stick my specs so that no one can say "lol upgrade"

core 2 duo quad q8300 at 3.35 ghz - water cooled

12 gb ddr3

5770 1gb ddr5 x 2 crossfire

ssd 320 gb (xsyon is on there )

1tb hard drive

all drivers are up to date and all other games run without errors or hiccups - apart from rift which is suffering from a mem leak on the card.

im to scard to look up and the scenery as the fps is just appaling,

savageasf
03-20-2011, 09:13 AM
I am expierencing the same problem.. I was running the game at 100fps easily and now its dipping under 30 at times hovering around 35-40.. kinda sluggish especially when mouselooking while running around

rosso how much did you pay for a 320gb ssd? I just bought a 64gb one for 199...

r0ss0
03-20-2011, 09:31 AM
managed to get one for 500 quid with member discount etc

STAR_GOD
03-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Didnt you know? This is optimisation rolleback since last patch

Sirius
03-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Once more, in English?

Kropos
03-20-2011, 09:50 AM
How does one measure fps in the game anyway....

orious13
03-20-2011, 10:06 AM
I run at 70 fps (using fraps to check) standing still and like 40-60 moving. I have the game on medium graphics I guess across the board.

Duo 2.8 GHZ
4 gigs Ram (3 usable)
GeForce GTS 250

One reason for other players having lower FPS is possibly because of the amount of generated content in their area. There are very few people in my zone.

Meziahn
03-20-2011, 10:12 AM
I blame it on the snow

Sirius
03-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Blame it on the rain – yeah, yeah.

Added after 45 minutes:

Anyone had any favorable results from upgrading the process priority of Xsyon.exe?

And if so, any tips on how I could do this without having to alt-tab to the Task Manager? Ordinarily I would do this with a custom shortcut (e.g. "/start /high xsyon.exe") but I don't see how this can be done with Xsyon since you can't launch Xsyon.exe manually.

JCatano
03-20-2011, 12:39 PM
I run at 70 fps (using fraps to check) standing still and like 40-60 moving. I have the game on medium graphics I guess across the board.

Duo 2.8 GHZ
4 gigs Ram (3 usable)
GeForce GTS 250

One reason for other players having lower FPS is possibly because of the amount of generated content in their area. There are very few people in my zone.

It's not solely the content in the zone. My FPS performance was flawless until the update. As soon as the server went back up... It was very, very sluggish. All structures were obviously the same, since I was on right after the server was up.

Vandali
03-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Performance has fallen dramatically recently when entering a zone that has become more developed. At first i thought it was my laptop, but having entered the same area on my desktop, its easy to see that its the game rather than a persons hardware that is the problem.
Hopefully the incoming optimizations will help, as it is currently it feels like loading a 200 player siege when loading in a new zone thats been developed.

Saolite
03-20-2011, 01:37 PM
My FPS in-game was always consistently pretty high. But yes, after the patch, I crashed for the first time and began to crash every 2-3 hours fairly consistently.

I also got FPS lag seemingly randomly -- I could stand on top of a mountain and look at the scenary around me just fine, but when I was off the mountain and down on some plain drinking water, my FPS would suddenly die for a few seconds.

Er, might not be related, but there's another thread about Loading Entities? I didn't have a problem with that until just now, today -- not sure if that's because of the recent patch or not, as well.

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T @ 4.2
G.Skill 16 GB's Ripjaw X Series RAM
80GB SSD (OS)
3 1TB WD Caviar Black in RAID setup
2* 6950 2GB Edition

But on that note, my other rig plays Xsyon just fine, too, without much noticeable difference in terms of FPS. The former has better load speeds, obviously, but that's about it.
AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.6
G.Skill 4GB Trident X RAM
1 WD Caviar Black HD
5850 Toxic Edition

Also, not sure if it's related to the patch or not, but when I did log in -- all my bars were at minimum. Including comfort. And my ping was 0 ms, so.....yeah. First time I've ever seen that.

orious13
03-20-2011, 01:48 PM
It's not solely the content in the zone. My FPS performance was flawless until the update. As soon as the server went back up... It was very, very sluggish. All structures were obviously the same, since I was on right after the server was up.

Yes this is probably true. I'm just not experiencing fps problems (unless I transfer zones I have a hiccup bigger than usual) and I'm borderline alone in my zone. So while there was probably a problem in the patch, it seems to be less of a problem for me (except now it's really netlaggy most of the day).

bruisie159
03-20-2011, 01:52 PM
It wasd snowing yesterday too and for me the game was perfectly playable although with the odd lag spike of 5 seconds or so even at peak times. Today tho i eventually get in after a 10 min loading screen to somewhere over 12 minute lag. So much so that i cant even exit the game. Whatever happened its made the game totally unplayable again .

Saolite
03-20-2011, 01:58 PM
It wasd snowing yesterday too and for me the game was perfectly playable although with the odd lag spike of 5 seconds or so even at peak times. Today tho i eventually get in after a 10 min loading screen to somewhere over 12 minute lag. So much so that i cant even exit the game. Whatever happened its made the game totally unplayable again .

That's the general word right now. Honestly, I think they should just roll back the patch and spend a little more time on it. At least that way, the majority of players ( I think? ) could play the game.

Vandali
03-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Also, not sure if it's related to the patch or not, but when I did log in -- all my bars were at minimum. Including comfort. And my ping was 0 ms, so.....yeah. First time I've ever seen that.

This started happening today for the first time for me.

Saolite
03-20-2011, 03:05 PM
This started happening today for the first time for me.

Alright, so....the problem is getting past the Loading Entities screen. It can take anywhere from five minutes to a reported fourty five minutes. Once in, you'll spend another 2-10 minutes loading your bars and everything else. After that, you should be fine.

PS ---

Also, your tribe is awesome. Just thought I'd say that. o_o

Mizzlexx
03-20-2011, 03:41 PM
I'm talking about having all (all!) settings at the hard minimum, though. It's pretty painful.

<--- Pentium 4 / AGP slot system here.

Ur system may be ur main problem with this situation pentium 4 is a very old processor
on a side note
< Phenom black quad cor 3ghz
Geforce 490 GTX 1.5gig Vram
4 gigs of ram
and i am having lagg issues i dont have fps problems with ANY game and i mean ANY Talking dragon age, GTA4 very high requirement games and this one is killing my machine graphic errors every 5 mins crashing over and over. I have faith in you guyz i know theres a fix on the way

Maffin01
03-23-2011, 03:18 AM
I got also big performance problems 7-16fps

System:
Athlon 64 X2 5600+
4Gb Ram
Windows 7 32bit
Geforce 260 GTX

Sirius
03-23-2011, 03:35 AM
Alright, so....the problem is getting past the Loading Entities screen. It can take anywhere from five minutes to a reported fourty five minutes. Once in, you'll spend another 2-10 minutes loading your bars and everything else. After that, you should be fine.

I really don't think the loading entities thing has anything at all to do with the FPS thing. The loading entities thing didn't pop up until a day or two after the FPS problem; and regardless of whether it takes 1 minute or 30 for me to get in, the result is always the same: about 2-3 FPS at 1024/768 with everything turned all the way down/off.

caldrin
03-23-2011, 03:40 AM
I agree Sirus, the fps issue was there before the loading entities problem popped up..

Well server is down for a patch so maybe this will get sorted :)

r0ss0
03-23-2011, 12:13 PM
yay worse fps than before... Loving the new patch

Its now unplayable

denzil71
03-23-2011, 12:17 PM
can't even get past loading entities myself - yay for the anti-patch eh?

xyberviri
03-23-2011, 12:57 PM
one of the members of our tribe is playing the game on 4 year old hardware and doesn't crash or have FPS issues as much as us with the newer faster "better" hardware. we did a lap around the lake and he was one of the members that didn't crash.

GuideEzekiel
03-23-2011, 01:00 PM
Use http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/5794-Server-status-thread to talk about the current state of the server.

Just trying to limit the amount of such threads in Prelude, since many of them say the same things.