PDA

View Full Version : Random crashes..

Codax44
03-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Hi all!
After the snow came my game has crashed all the time! Does anyone else have the same problem?

caldrin
03-21-2011, 01:13 AM
Yeah I have crashed a few times since the snow.. maybe in a 4 hour session yesterday i crashed 3 times

kiwiitis
03-21-2011, 01:28 AM
I am crashing a lot tonight not nice.

caaahl
03-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Crashing every 20 minutes atm. Windows 7 64 bit.

PS: regarding the "loading entities" issue and therefore the long loading times this is quite annoying...

doowac13
03-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Yea your not the only one, today ive been on for prob. around an hour now "just got home from work"and all ready crashed 3 times so ive been playing for prob a half hour and loading to play for around a half hour.64 bit vista here and i properly installed the game like it tells ya too so dont no what the problem is ,but i would have to guess and say its just sheer volume of people trying to log on to play around this time in the US but still i got to give them credit thay got alot of stuff fixed in 1 weeks time hopefully in a week this will be old news

billpaustin
03-21-2011, 02:36 PM
I've been playing on the same h/w since before the Feb 18 release. Recently, been getting a ton of crashes. Probably about every 20-30 minutes. win 7 64 bit.

bruisie159
03-21-2011, 03:00 PM
i crashed once. unfortunately during pvp, needless to say i lost!

gjunior123
03-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Hi I 'm not having any crashing at all , my Rig : Windows7 64bit , 8GO ram , ATI radeon 5870 last drivers possible.

jumpshot
03-21-2011, 03:56 PM
my clannies had some Direct X crashes today, not sure if it's related.

Toughluck
03-21-2011, 04:03 PM
I crashed several times yesterday. Usually occurred while running. Drivers were checked and are up-to-date. Win 7 64 bit.

Plague
03-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Random crashes here as well, usualy when runing, but it does crash (less often) when doing something else.

Edit: One more crash when runing just 5 sec ago, I jinxed it with this post.:)

doowac13
03-21-2011, 05:24 PM
My problem seems to be just going threw bags or simple actions just set it off ,,my computer doesnt freeze ,,the server just simply kicks me off 5 times now today in a 4 hour span, im done cant play no more tonight just not dealing with it on a work night not enough time

psyrox2k
03-21-2011, 06:00 PM
same issue no warning, other then i crafted used the same materials about 7 times, I was like this is weird then boom crash to login screen, no errors etc etc. sent a ping to a website got replies, so seems to be a game issue =)

cod3r_
03-21-2011, 06:12 PM
yup i'm crashing as well right now..

just realized i had a defunct xsyon process running.. going to kill that and see if it keeps happening.. others might try the same after a crash..

billpaustin
03-21-2011, 07:10 PM
I spent a long time just poking around a small area, running very short distances and scavenging. No problem, played for hours.

Then I decided to move to a new location and started really running for distance, crash in 10 minutes.

cod3r_
03-21-2011, 07:17 PM
yeah i'm running all over and crashing left and right.. different crash every time. .can't stay on for more than a few minutes if i keep moving..

Solaris74
03-21-2011, 07:30 PM
ya i keep crashing as well and some asshat decides to come kill me as i crash ..pretty shitty.. should get my stuff back due to the game crashing on thier behalf and not mine

xyberviri
03-21-2011, 07:44 PM
random crashes typically happen when crossing zones, you can almost predict when they will crash if you watch your position.

psyrox2k
03-21-2011, 08:12 PM
This strengthens my post http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/5755-Multiple-networking-issues-causing-all-the-problem it seems when you guys are making the server try to move more data by running long distances or changing zones, you lost network connectivity (I'm guessing but that's what's happening to me) and "crashing". Technically it's not crashing at all, the server thinks you are disconnected because it's not sending data, and therefore not receiving data, and you are going to a login screen.

Someone please confirm this part, are you guys getting dumped to a login screen, or are you getting Windows error reports and completely crashing to desktop?

The devs should be asking these questions ><

Solaris74
03-21-2011, 09:13 PM
ya when i crash it goes to windows error and trys to find soulution to fix problem and crashes to desktop

Saolite
03-21-2011, 09:36 PM
This strengthens my post http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/5755-Multiple-networking-issues-causing-all-the-problem it seems when you guys are making the server try to move more data by running long distances or changing zones, you lost network connectivity (I'm guessing but that's what's happening to me) and "crashing". Technically it's not crashing at all, the server thinks you are disconnected because it's not sending data, and therefore not receiving data, and you are going to a login screen.

Someone please confirm this part, are you guys getting dumped to a login screen, or are you getting Windows error reports and completely crashing to desktop?

I agree, in large part due to multiple issues. Loading Entities hang that everyone has been getting, at some point, pulls almost no system resources and crawls forward at that point. Individual bandwidth, when Xsyon first opens, it pulls like normal, and then suddenly bottlenecks right when Loading Entities comes up, as well.

If that theory is correct, then it's a matter of coding. Likely something in the ' loading optimization ' that was done. De-syncing users to the point the server thinks they're not connected? Also, if the game isn't pulling the amount of resources from your PC required to run it, then you could also crash to desktop. Coding is odd like that. The game doesn't naturally just pull everything -- it only pulls X amount needed to run, and pulls more if needed up to X limit ( that I've seen thus far ).

caaahl
03-21-2011, 11:58 PM
I crashed while standing still, sorting my backs. So this was not connected to zone change.
And its a CTD, little window pops up saying something like "A problem has occured with Xsyon" with the two options "Search online for a solution" or "Exit the program" (i got a german OS, so these are not the exact wordings)

caldrin
03-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Yeah again i have had a few more.. this has also only been sicne the patch that fixed msot fo the lag.. That was days ago now and the server has not been rebooted since. I tried to play last night but tool 30 mins to get it only to be laggy as hell.

Think they need to start rebooting theirs servers at least once day like msot other mmos.

Saolite
03-22-2011, 01:17 AM
Yeah again i have had a few more.. this has also only been sicne the patch that fixed msot fo the lag.. That was days ago now and the server has not been rebooted since. I tried to play last night but tool 30 mins to get it only to be laggy as hell.

Think they need to start rebooting theirs servers at least once day like msot other mmos.

Most MMO's actually don't restart their servers until there's a new patch or update out. Servers, and server operating systems, generally don't take well to being shut down, even if it's in a restart. That's my own personal experience with servers, however. There are a few exceptions to this, such as EVE, which does nightly cleaning.

I don't think server restarts would actually fix the lag. I think, at this point, it's just a combination of things -- with the large thing being something coding or network related that's bottlenecking badnwidth, ram, or cpu useage to the Xsyon servers.

caldrin
03-22-2011, 01:34 AM
well ok the last load of mmos i played do server restarted everyday.

Darkfall
Age of Conan
EQ2
Now i only played wow on release for a month but that used to have shut down once a week for like half a day.
SWG used to

cant remember all the other MMOS i played but im pretty sure msot had downtime every day for maintenance..

But yes its a combination of things but it slowly built up after the last time the servers where restarted.. before the patch it used to build up in like half hour but after it took about a day before it got really bad, now after a weekend of no restarts i was basically unable to play last night. Tho they did say it was not server laod related so we can rule that out...

Anyway guess this should be for another topic...

cod3r_
03-22-2011, 05:00 AM
i'm crashing to desktop every time.. never dumped to login. Sometimes it says "can't load ground level for zone" when I switch zones. Other times it's a windows exception.. and even one time it was just a blank red box.

Never dropping me to the login screen.

Also continued happening after the server shutdown last night..

wulvgar
03-22-2011, 05:35 AM
yep random crashes Win 7 32 bit, never did until this patch

Sirius
03-22-2011, 05:37 AM
Win XP 32, Pentium 4.

Have always randomly crashed upon login, about 1/3 - 1/2 the time. No change since last patch.

Have never crashed once in-game.

Currently averaging roughly 2-3 frames per second.

This game is broken.

billpaustin
03-22-2011, 08:23 AM

The message i get is: Xsyon has stopped working. Then crash to desktop. It doesn't always happen when crossing zone boundaries. Sometimes crossing is no problem, sometimes it crashes when not crossing. The only common thing seems to be prolonged running or swimming.

xyberviri
03-22-2011, 08:34 AM
We did a Run around the lake two days ago, when we started entering the 3 zone the crashes occuring at each zone transition for random members depending when we crashed last.

We started with 15 people, the crashes were bad then. then slowly moved around the lake and it widdled back down to 3 people, as we went down in the number of people "zoneing" at one time the crashes became less frequent.

This was a windows "you application has stopped responding and will be forced to close" message. i needed to wait for the "already logged in" error to go away since everyone else said that we were still running in place on there screen.

ryushidr
03-22-2011, 11:22 AM
This is happening for me as well. It crashes to the desktop with "windows is searching for a solution."

I've made sure to update my drivers and download all windows updates and nothing helps. I really hope they fix this soon.

bruisie159
03-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Up until 2 days ago - no problems at all. Since then i crash often. More often when i have crossed a few zones on a long run but not always. I do also crash when im standing still crafting or whatever. Usually goes to the xsyon.exe seaching for solution thing

doowac13
03-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Yea ever since the last patch i get roughy 1 crash an hour and that counting the loading time ,i get prob 4 hours a day to play if im lucky and with it crashing every hour its starting to drive me crazy tryed everything from full sceern mode to window mode from higher end graffix to the most simple combo's in the interface and nothing is working still keep getting booted off every hour