PDA

View Full Version : Draug's chat

Draug
04-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Hi there, folks! Surfing through forums I saw that many people wanna meet developers. So I decided to introduce myself to you, guys. Really we have tons of work to do and that's why didn't participate in forum life. Well, if you have any questions about art part that I can answer, you are welcome. Or maybe just want to ask questions about me. Please talk not so complex language cause I'm not so experienced in literary English.

firstblooduk
04-01-2010, 02:03 AM
Are the pictures in the Gallery made in a 3D modelling program and not ingame?

Farmerbob
04-01-2010, 02:04 AM
Good to meet you!

Without having been ingame or seen any well lit video I can't comment on the graphics yet, but hopefully soon!

celestial_fury
04-01-2010, 02:10 AM
HI everyone!

In the same way as Draug,I would like to introduce my self too. I'm the musician and fx developer of the game,although I've been around the forum.If you have any question about music or fx I can answer.

See you all

Draug
04-01-2010, 02:15 AM
firstblooduk wrote:

Are the pictures in the Gallery made in a 3D modelling program and not ingame?

If you mean screenshots part, so they made on game engine. Other artwork made by our concept artists. :)

Apollo
04-01-2010, 02:42 AM
All I want in this game is a cowboy hat and a duster, any chance I will see that?

Angyll
04-01-2010, 02:47 AM
Hello! Good to see you poking in! :laugh:

Valdemaros
04-01-2010, 02:50 AM
Hi there, kak zyla?

Draug
04-01-2010, 02:54 AM
Apollo wrote:

All I want in this game is a cowboy hat and a duster, any chance I will see that?

Hi, yeah, we have a lot of different hats and some necks like duster. And of cause we will add much more in near future. So it's good you tell us what you want, it will help us in future armor design. See ya. ;)

Draug
04-01-2010, 02:56 AM
Valdemaros wrote:

Hi there, kak zyla?

Hi, if you asking me how am I, I'm ok and trying to read forum and make some creatures ;)

Apollo
04-01-2010, 03:40 AM
:)

Loc Legend
04-01-2010, 03:45 AM
Oh hello.

Atrox
04-01-2010, 03:54 AM
Hi There :)

Largion
04-01-2010, 06:52 AM
All devs should post some pics so we can do fun stuff and post them on the forum.

Jadzia
04-01-2010, 07:01 AM
Nice to meet you, guys !

themadhatter
04-01-2010, 07:06 AM
Quick question, if I were to pre-order today, Would I be able to get in?

celestial_fury
04-01-2010, 07:07 AM
I don't think so themadhatter

Archetype
04-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Would love to see some concept art that you are working on RIGHT now.

Would also love to hear some sound, or music clips from Celestial Fury.

Also nice to meet you both :cheer:

Draug
04-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Largion wrote:

All devs should post some pics so we can do fun stuff and post them on the forum.

Largion, what pictures do you want? I'll try to post.

Dana
04-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Art wise, I am a big fan of immense character customization. So long as a game allows me to make a character look like I want (armor/clothes aside) I am happy.

I like having the ability to make a scrawny guy, a muscular woman, a fat man, a feminine looking guy, a rough looking woman...

Basically the things that most MMOs dont allow lol. For somereason most MMOs follow the dainty supermodel woman and wide as a house and ripped like a body builder man.

What area of art do you work on in the game? All of it or just a certain section?

Crunch
04-01-2010, 09:15 PM
I hate you, GTFO.

And you too Loc.

Draug
04-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Dana wrote:

Art wise, I am a big fan of immense character customization. So long as a game allows me to make a character look like I want (armor/clothes aside) I am happy.

I like having the ability to make a scrawny guy, a muscular woman, a fat man, a feminine looking guy, a rough looking woman...

Basically the things that most MMOs dont allow lol. For somereason most MMOs follow the dainty supermodel woman and wide as a house and ripped like a body builder man.

What area of art do you work on in the game? All of it or just a certain section?

Hi there. I'm lead character/armor artist. Also make animals, some concept art, part of logo design.

MrDDT
04-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Very nice.

Nezabyte
04-01-2010, 10:19 PM
I approve of the dog model. Can't wait to tame 'em :cheer:

Bedouin
04-01-2010, 11:13 PM
You have some mad skills Draug B)
I wouldn't want to run into that guy in a dark alley.

Archetype
04-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Awesome looking dog! Definitely going to tame one of those!

The anatomy/folds looks amazing as well. Sort of reminds me of Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen, but without the blue.

Draug
04-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Bedouin wrote:

You have some mad skills Draug B)
I wouldn't want to run into that guy in a dark alley.

Thanks, mate!:) Yup, guy came out really brutal.

Draug
04-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Archetype wrote:

Awesome looking dog! Definitely going to tame one of those!

The anatomy/folds looks amazing as well. Sort of reminds me of Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen, but without the blue.

Haha! Dr. Manhattan, never thought that way about this model))). Thanks for warm words, guys. Really, it always pleasure to read good comments.

Xbwalker
04-01-2010, 11:39 PM
What modeling program do you use? Maya? 3DStudio? Gmax etc...

Draug
04-01-2010, 11:50 PM
I use Autodesk 3ds Max 9 for base models. And if I need high poly model I export my base models and use ZBrush for making bump.

Lizzy
04-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Draug wrote:

Archetype wrote:

Would love to see some concept art that you are working on RIGHT now.

Would also love to hear some sound, or music clips from Celestial Fury.

Also nice to meet you both :cheer:

Ok, there is finished Rottweiler http://www.xsyon.com/images/fbfiles/images/rottweiler_m.jpg . Soon you'll be able to tame or buy this pet. Hope you like it.

Oh wow looks just like my little baby (rottie that is not my actual baby! ;) ) I WILL have one of those in game!!

r0ss0
04-02-2010, 02:21 AM
Do you have Border collies in the game ? Or designing them? :)

lazyfroguk
04-02-2010, 02:26 AM
Hello Draug and Celestial fury! great to see you guys poking around, and also glad to have such a talented modeller involved. I am totally better than you though, once I made a cube with a hole through it =D
Will you guys be playing in game?

Draug
04-02-2010, 02:34 AM
r0ss0 wrote:

Do you have Border collies in the game ? Or designing them? :)

I think in near future we will try to make as many animal types as we can. So of cause we will take to account your wish to have Border collie. It's cool that you pass your opinions. Thanks to all! Our will is to surprise and rejoice you with new cute pets and other cool things like new armor sets and different features.

Draug
04-02-2010, 02:40 AM
lazyfroguk wrote:

Hello Draug and Celestial fury! great to see you guys poking around, and also glad to have such a talented modeller involved. I am totally better than you though, once I made a cube with a hole through it =D
Will you guys be playing in game?

Haha!! Well, cube it's just a beginning, my first model was simple sphere. Practice that's all ;).

Yeah, of cause we are going to play as soon as it possible. You couldn't even imagine how we wanna play, cause we was with this project from the beginning. Now we just need to finish all things. Hope we all have fun soon. And will see in the game.

r0ss0
04-02-2010, 02:44 AM
Nice Work Though Celestial and Draug , Loving the music and designs , And im hard to impress! :)

Keep it up guys and wish you all the success.. wanna join my tribe? haha jokes.. No srsly?

;)

warzenkai
04-02-2010, 03:26 AM
You better make a creature named Warzenkai ,be sure it will be very dangerous or im a gona cut you arms.

PS : Welcoem to da forum man

edaw22
04-02-2010, 03:30 AM
Hi Draug,

Nice to get a chance to meet a few of the devs.

Could you post a pic of your favorite armor set and favorite weapon?

That would be awesome.

Draug
04-02-2010, 03:30 AM
r0ss0 wrote:

Nice Work Though Celestial and Draug , Loving the music and designs , And im hard to impress! :)

Keep it up guys and wish you all the success.. wanna join my tribe? haha jokes.. No srsly?

;)

Thanks, man! We are doing our best. And bout tribes, really don't know if we have time to play as normal players and not like game masters. In addition we always have to make new models and textures and etc. But if all is ok I will think about your invitation ;).

Korvos666
04-02-2010, 03:35 AM
looks really good so far Draug

Draug
04-02-2010, 03:53 AM
warzenkai wrote:

You better make a creature named Warzenkai ,be sure it will be very dangerous or im a gona cut you arms.

and how that creature should looks like? :) maybe we can make high level puppy named Warzenkai?)))

r0ss0
04-02-2010, 04:12 AM
Draug wrote:

warzenkai wrote:

and how that creature should looks like? :) maybe we can make high level puppy named Warzenkai?)))

to represent Warzenkai , Just model a turd. No longer than five minutes . Sorted! :lol:

r0ss0
04-02-2010, 04:47 AM
Thats awesome . I do like how none of it matches . Like the left arm and right arm , Whats on his back . Feathers or a bow?

p.s you havent really met war yet ;)

Draug
04-02-2010, 05:01 AM
r0ss0 wrote:

Thats awesome . I do like how none of it matches . Like the left arm and right arm , Whats on his back . Feathers or a bow?

p.s you havent really met war yet ;)

Glad to hear you like it). There are feathers on his back yup, but yeah bow with such feathers would be cool adding to this set).

Keller
04-02-2010, 05:16 AM
Hey Guys!
Good work on the creatures there Draug.

Will there be Martens, Weasels, Wolverines or badgers? Any Mustelids at all?

http://www.texasferret.org/news/Mustelids.jpg

http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/31/2331-004-B7226BC7.jpg

greets
Keller

celestial_fury
04-02-2010, 05:18 AM
We already have raccoons.

JCatano
04-02-2010, 05:20 AM
You should get some outfit ideas from The Postman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQWbz5CNwHQ&feature=related

We need some goggles. I haven't really looked at the screenshots well enough to notice if there were any.

Keller
04-02-2010, 05:26 AM
celestial_fury wrote:

We already have raccoons.

cool! But Raccoons are not mustelids ;-)

edaw22
04-02-2010, 05:27 AM
I think I need to watch that movie. Looked great.

lazyfroguk
04-02-2010, 05:58 AM
so celestial, im curious about the procedure for making sound for a project like this. I want to go into sound design for film and tv and have some electronic music experience, but just cant imagine how to put together something like this music for xsyon. I am guessing it involves lots and lots of sampling? and a bit of live recording? im just not sure.

celestial_fury
04-02-2010, 06:28 AM
Both ways sampling and live.

Draug
04-02-2010, 09:26 AM
You know, guys. I saw many posts that we have bad graphic in game. But strange, many people like my design and Hunter(our lead animator) animations, many like speed tree and etc. So, question is, what's wrong with game graphics at all, why do you think it's bad or not so good, cause I think we have better graphic that many games have. Yeah, it's not so real or sweet, but it rocks I think. Really want to know your appropriate opinion.

LSky
04-02-2010, 09:34 AM
From what I've seen, it looks quite nice! Keep up the good work and keep posting pictures of your work!

Iron Maiden
04-02-2010, 09:36 AM
The graphics aren't the best on the market but they certainly aren't bad, and i've never seen a sandbox game with these type of graphics. (They're great)

I guess it's because people are taking videos of low res bad quality. But in-game i'm sure it's alot different seeing the speedtree move for yourself and all the other cool stuff.

(Thumbs up) keep up the great work.

Kitsume
04-02-2010, 09:49 AM
I have to say I'm impressed with the level of detail in the graphics in the world. I wasn't expecting this from what was represented in the earlier screen shots. I know it is impossible with current resources to recreate the density of foliage in the Tahoe area, but It does give a good feel. I've spent a bit of time around Lake Tahoe over the years.

I'm not sure on the characters and animations. Haven't seen enough to form a proper judgement, but they do seem a little disjointed. I'd like to see more of a close up on the character creation, especially on the faces, and on the characters once in game.

Derek
04-02-2010, 09:57 AM
http://www.xsyon.com/images/fbfiles/images/cloth_007_01.jpg

Hey Draug,
Thanks for posting in the forums! The open communication you guys have is unprecedented and I'm loving it.

As for the negative criticism the game has been getting on graphics - I think the screenshots don't accurately reflect the rendering in game. I was looking at the videos posted by players and the models and animations look much better than I expected.

The only constructive criticism I have of this screenshot is the blank ghostly expression on the face and dull eyes. I think adding a little more detail to the eyes and facial expression will help make the model "come alive". Otherwise, looking good and great work!

JCatano
04-02-2010, 02:44 PM
edaw22 wrote:

The acting isn't very good, but it's cool to watch if you have the time. :)

JCatano
04-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Draug wrote:

You know, guys. I saw many posts that we have bad graphic in game. But strange, many people like my design and Hunter(our lead animator) animations, many like speed tree and etc. So, question is, what's wrong with game graphics at all, why do you think it's bad or not so good, cause I think we have better graphic that many games have. Yeah, it's not so real or sweet, but it rocks I think. Really want to know your appropriate opinion.

I will admit that when I first saw the screenshots for this game I wasn't very impressed. It looked a bit cartoony.

After seeing ingame footage the last few days, the site-screenshots don't seem to represent the game very well. The videos look much better than the site-screens. I don't know why that is.

I also agree with Derek. The character faces look "dead" to me, and it's probably because of the eyes.

Draug
04-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Thanks to all of you guys who answered my last post. Very positive criticism. I will take to account all of your opinions. About screenshots. I don't know why but they really look different that game looks like))). About faces, yup, you right they need some expression, but my render was made from 3dMax just to show you my favorite armor set. I hope soon we will make some cool face animations to bring life to characters.

And wanna post our last winter screenshot that I extremely like. Hope you like it. That one is very close to how game looks like.\\

Draug
04-02-2010, 09:49 PM
http://www.xsyon.com/images/fbfiles/images/winter_000001.jpg

JCatano
04-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Looks good, Draug. :)

Which graphics card is that?

Natdaprat
04-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Hi devs, are there any plans to update the combat? It doesn't look too good from the videos, and combat plays a big part in all games. Appreciate any kind of response.

HighTimes
04-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Draug you are the man.

you are clearly talented but what impresses me about you is the fact that you openly share your work and leave yourself very vulnerable to criticism. Shows you exude confidence in what you do and that can only command respect from others.

and i like your name, reminds me of mind altering substances

good day to you sir

Draug
04-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Hi to all again.)) I spent my weekend celebrating holiday Easter, so didn't answer. Thanks to all warm words and wish.

JCatano, don't know, cause it was not my screen). But I'll try to ask if it's critical.

Natdaprat, really don't know what exactly happening in programmers part, but our animators team improving animal and human animations right now, so in some way we improving combat). That's all I know).

HighTimes, thanks, man!) My nick was borrowed form J.R.R Tolkien elven language.)))

Farmerbob
04-04-2010, 10:04 PM
JCatano wrote:

edaw22 wrote:

The acting isn't very good, but it's cool to watch if you have the time. :)

Speaking about The Postman, I believe.

The book was better, I think, but then again, books normally are better than the movies that are made from them.

bartillo
04-05-2010, 02:08 AM
Draug wrote:

http://www.xsyon.com/images/fbfiles/images/winter_000001.jpg

:O

Oakstead
04-05-2010, 02:50 AM
Agreed, this screenshot is awesome in the way the snow collects on the trees and blends into the pond water.... now to add footprints :)

Palo god
04-05-2010, 03:19 AM
Can you add some armor, clothes, and weapons from the mad max 2 and 3 movies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFuzGU1wXq8

Largion
04-05-2010, 04:36 AM
I r boomerang Kid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQn0KEgLNjg

vanyok
04-05-2010, 09:08 AM
??????????? B)

Largion
04-05-2010, 11:31 AM
kattbajsimunnen. :ohmy:

Diarmue
04-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Draug,

Thank you for your comments and sharing your work. The artwork in the game is great. I think some people may be looking for an art style similar to Age of Conan. I think it's perfect. My favorite screenshots are the ones with the guys in the grass style clothes.

Umberto
04-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Hey there :)

CattBoy
04-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Is this allods online?

Mrvader
04-05-2010, 01:42 PM
No CattBoy this is hello kitty online foo!

Case
04-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Draug wrote:

I'd take that more as a reflection on the general visual style, rather than the quality of art within that style.

Palo god
04-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Largion wrote:

I r boomerang Kid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQn0KEgLNjg

We go in! We kill! We kill!!!

Kitsume
04-06-2010, 12:55 PM
What sort of wildlife will we see in game? I know bears, but what else?

Personally I'd like to see this, but that should be obvious.

http://www.dennispollardphotography.com/uploads/processed/0851/0812161745361fox_in_tree_2.jpg

Virtus
04-06-2010, 12:58 PM
There are already a bunch more animals being created including rodents and small animals and puppies as we all know

kiwibird
04-07-2010, 03:19 AM
Stop teasing! It's so unfair lol!

Great to see the artwork thou, can't wait, literally can't wait!

Draug
04-07-2010, 03:30 AM
kiwibird wrote:

Stop teasing! It's so unfair lol!

Great to see the artwork thou, can't wait, literally can't wait!

Sorry, kiwibird, and all who wanna play, I can only show you art work, talk to you and make good models, but I can't faster release date(((. I wanna play myself too!!)))

Korvos666
04-07-2010, 03:34 AM
very awesome work Draug!! I want that hamster! :P

kiwibird
04-07-2010, 03:34 AM
I want the Rooster lol, hopefully a certain bird can make it into the game... would be fun for a New Zealander to have a Kiwi...:D... but perhaps I should stop replying in case you add more creatures.

Draug
04-07-2010, 04:03 AM
kiwibird wrote:

I want the Rooster lol, hopefully a certain bird can make it into the game... would be fun for a New Zealander to have a Kiwi...:D... but perhaps I should stop replying in case you add more creatures.

sorry, kiwibird, but we don't have kiwi))). and about NZ I really wanna visit your beautiful and magic country.

Draug
04-07-2010, 04:24 AM
Korvos666 wrote:

very awesome work Draug!! I want that hamster! :P

most of all animals we planned for release are almost ready, just need some animations, so soon you will have that hamster pet.))

Palo god
04-07-2010, 05:29 AM
Draug wrote:

So, here is another pet. It's adult Ragdoll cat. I really like it's fur looks like. http://www.xsyon.com/images/fbfiles/images/ragdoll_m.jpg

Can you add some armor from the video i posted?

Jadzia
04-07-2010, 06:23 AM
I do like the graphics of the game, the animals, landscape, the animations...my only problem is the eyes. I don't know why but on the screenshots I've seen they look odd...too big or too bulging eyes perhaps ?

Derek
04-07-2010, 06:33 AM
Jadzia wrote:

I do like the graphics of the game, the animals, landscape, the animations...my only problem is the eyes. I don't know why but on the screenshots I've seen they look odd...too big or too bulging eyes perhaps ?

Draug already addressed that issue. He hasn't gotten around to facial animations/detail yet.

Derek
04-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Here:

Draug wrote:

... About faces, yup, you right they need some expression, but my render was made from 3dMax just to show you my favorite armor set. I hope soon we will make some cool face animations to bring life to characters.

Jadzia
04-07-2010, 06:38 AM
Derek wrote:

Here:

Draug wrote:

... About faces, yup, you right they need some expression, but my render was made from 3dMax just to show you my favorite armor set. I hope soon we will make some cool face animations to bring life to characters.

Oh cool, thanks

darkrounge
04-07-2010, 06:55 AM
Maybe different horses and/or a bull would be awesome :)

tredo
04-07-2010, 07:45 AM
I see lots of equipment like football pads, hockey gear, baseball gear from what it looks like.. Where is the kevlar, other bulletproof gear, and more advanced weapons? I can't imagine a post apocalyptic game without modern weapons. Where did they all go after the war, did they just vanish?

Largion
04-07-2010, 07:49 AM
tredo wrote:

I see lots of equipment like football pads, hockey gear, baseball gear from what it looks like.. Where is the kevlar, other bulletproof gear, and more advanced weapons? I can't imagine a post apocalyptic game without modern weapons. Where did they all go after the war, did they just vanish?

Modern technology has consumed itself. War has ravaged the planet, opening a rift to another reality. The survivors of the grisly destruction rise from the ashes of ruin to encounter a world that has changed. A world that once existed only in the realm of mythology, legend and imagination has become concrete and very real. You have forgotten the past and are welcomed by a new primitive future.

Atleast read the first the site before posting... http://xsyon.com/

zoxdon
04-07-2010, 07:52 AM
how about to like a cart to make to help carry stuff,make those pets work,, ;)

Draug
04-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Largion, Derek, thanks for support and help with answers!

zoxdon, I think we will have some kind of pets backpacks and we'll make them work, yeah!)))

tredo, think of how much people in our reality have guns? And then think about such thing. When you running off nuclear explosion or an other type of cataclysm will you take your gun with you? Or maybe you'll be able to visit guns shop? No! You just take your pants and passport and run away as quickly as you can. And yes, our game is shifted reality so be patient, I think we will have many stuff in future and guns too, but bot in Prelude.

Zennoya
04-07-2010, 08:47 AM
I agree.
In my country its illegal to carry gun, except police and military. Its very possible that casual people that survived hadn't chance to get a gun, and most common weapons would be some self made knifes, swords etc.
Also should remember that even if someone took his gun with him he had probably some amount of ammo. When no ammo producing factories working the weapon would be probably useless after a week or two, and thrown away. Its more possible that some self made muzzleloader will be avalible than some high tech guns with high tech ammo.

Hattori Naki
04-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Draug, any chance that we may see armor or clothing fashionable to the Shinobi?

Farmerbob
04-07-2010, 09:33 AM
This game is based on a specific region of the US, and the US is a nation with a very large number of firearms owners. Many of whom would be likely to forget their pants before their guns if they perceive danger.

However, that being said, the game also has the premise of a resurgence of old gods. Perhaps the old gods are now powerful enough to eliminate the advanced technology items from the world somehow, or even render the physical function of these items impossible.

Coyote thought to himself, "The firearm was a major factor in the downfall of my people, I will not allow them to deface this land again." And soon the remaining world was full of tricksters, finding, stealing, or damaging all firearms. Within months there were none left in the world.

Palo god
04-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Zennoya wrote:

I agree.
In my country its illegal to carry gun, except police and military. Its very possible that casual people that survived hadn't chance to get a gun, and most common weapons would be some self made knifes, swords etc.
Also should remember that even if someone took his gun with him he had probably some amount of ammo. When no ammo producing factories working the weapon would be probably useless after a week or two, and thrown away. Its more possible that some self made muzzleloader will be avalible than some high tech guns with high tech ammo.

The game is based in the US. We have guns and lots of them. Yes, I'd also take my gun with me if I was on the run. The dev team should leave a few guns in game and a few (for the time being) uncraftable bullets.

Crunch
04-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Do you think I'm as cool as everyone else does?

tredo
04-07-2010, 07:57 PM
zoxdon wrote:

how about to like a cart to make to help carry stuff,make those pets work,, ;)

Thought about that too... put it into the features forums..

https://xsyon.com/forums/28-features/15060-tools-of-the-trade-

Farmerbob
04-07-2010, 09:09 PM
A travois would be nice too, if the devs don't want to deal with carts which would be more graphically intensive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travois

Jadzia
04-08-2010, 06:28 PM
I loved the picture of the kitten, and the chicken too...it looks so realistic. Great work, Draug !

Ciik
04-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Farmerbob wrote:

A travois would be nice too, if the devs don't want to deal with carts which would be more graphically intensive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travois

I like that, and should perhaps be at the rudimentary end of transporting, then building up from there.

bibidybop
04-09-2010, 11:25 AM
The website explains why in the begining there will be no guns or modern equipment available. It also explains why there will be the need for your tribes to find this "lost" knowledge in books to advance your tribes. Its a race kiddies, sharpen your axes and build your walls cause I smell tribal wars!

Draug
04-14-2010, 11:29 PM
Hi all! I was really busy these days and didn't check forum. Wanna say I and Hunter(our lead animator) almost finished creatures we planned to add, so I hope we all can have these pets in May. Now I'm working on new women leather armor sets. I'll try to finish 1st tonight and post here some screens.

REVKhA
04-15-2010, 04:09 AM
very cool news

zoxdon
04-24-2010, 11:59 AM
hi guys ,hope all good in the game ,may15 is coming real fast ,,i preordered the game....hope i can get in than,,alot in this game, hope you guys can pull it off...it looks almost to good to be true,,i idea is a long time coming so far from what ive seen noone has pulled it of..darkfall is ok,,but is lacking,,well good luck guys ,,waitting to play your fan zoxdon

Draug
04-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Hi, zoxdon. You right, 15 of May is coming really really fast, bit I think we'll make it!) And of course have fun.

Draug
04-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Hello everyone! Want to say thanks for all of you, who are participating, helping, backing and supporting and stay calm and patient. THANK YOU! :). It good to have such kind people with us. These words come really from hart...

Jadzia
05-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Hi Draug :)

I'm continuing the conversation we had here before the forum rollback.
I asked a tribemate to make a video about female character creation, so that you could see how it is different from your 3D models. ( Unfortunately we lost your post with that screenshot of a girl in leather armor because of the forum rollback, perhaps you could post it again ? )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSGajbB69-E&feature=player_embedded

The girl on your screenshot looked beautiful and her body was proportional :) But for some reason in this video we can see that a woman who's upper body and face look like she has been starving for months still has really big butts and wide tights.

If anyone is able to create a proportional female body can he-she please post it ?

Xsyon
05-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Hello Jazdia,

Can you find out what was the game resolution for that video? The entire screen looks stretched a bit.

The butt is a bit wide, I agree, but it's not that bad. The in game models are the same as in Draug's renderings.

Further adjusting the models is on the todo list though.

pid73
05-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Weeks ago there was a video post by inferno3887 (or whatever that number was :laugh:).

It showed the same flaws in the character creation phase and then the very same female model in-game, and it was way better.
As the lightning is definetily not the same, maybe the camera is different too. This means that a slight difference in the aspect ratio could be the cause.

It's just my opinion, but I think this should be corrected, but not now. There are far more important things to do... It would be best to put a bugfix work item on the backlog and move on with the planned stuff.

Jadzia
05-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Xsyon wrote:

Hello Jazdia,

Can you find out what was the game resolution for that video? The entire screen looks stretched a bit.

The butt is a bit wide, I agree, but it's not that bad. The in game models are the same as in Draug's renderings.

Further adjusting the models is on the todo list though.
Sure, I'll ask my tribemate about the resolution. I'm not being stubborn about this, just that everyone who actually played said that the female models have unproportional lower body :)

aliksteel
05-01-2010, 04:18 PM
It was my video. Using Fraps

Aspire 5536
AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core 2.10 GHz
4 GB
ATI Radeon HD? 3200
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Play with the Resolution set at 1680 X 1050

With all setting set at the lowest setting, are turned off when I can.

Xsyon
05-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Hello aliksteel,

What are your monitor specs?

aliksteel
05-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Not sure if this is what you want.

LG's Flatron W2252TQ
Widescreen monitor aspect ratio of 16:10
1:1 pixel mapping
2ms response time

Hope this helps.

Xsyon
05-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Yes, that helps. The Character Creation screen does look stretched. It's possible that it's not being adjusted for the aspect ratio. I'll put this on my list of things to check.

aliksteel
05-01-2010, 05:04 PM
I just want to point out, I like big butt's and I can not lie.

I would post the video, But don't want to de-rail this post, I was just saying not every one is into to fLat bottom babes, We could use some fat bottom babes in-game.

Xsyon
05-01-2010, 05:23 PM
I just want to point out, I like big butt's and I can not lie.

When I saw your video, I was thinking you should have used that as the accompanying music. :laugh:

aliksteel
05-01-2010, 06:31 PM
YouTube has a bad habit of muting my video's when I use music that we all know. So I have had to go indie music. But yea, It was for sure the first song I thought of.

Diarmue
05-18-2010, 01:04 PM
I would like to make a request. Would it be possible to get a few more male facial hair options. All the options now seem to include the same moustache with varying beards around it.

Could we possibly get some sideburns, chinstraps, goatee that's not a van dyke, or perhaps some different types of moustaches...handle bar moustache.

Some examples of different beard styles:

http://nixbased.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/beardtypes1.jpg

Thanks

Calimos
05-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Add to that more female hair styles.

kiwibird
05-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Facial hair: Before the update, there was a few different ones that we have now, I think this is already made.

Female hair: I would think the same for facial hair, that is we only have a sample of the possible choices in game. Who knows, maybe we can have a hair stylist in game.

Draug
09-16-2010, 06:08 AM
So... :blush: I'm really sorry I was offline so much time. I would say it was difficult time for me. Much personal problems. And not so much interesting was done for game. Just tones of data tables, bug fixing, adding models to game and etc. I moved to my homeland and it took much time to settle up here again. But you can say that my problems are my problems and we wanna art!)) And you'll be right, so as was said after we move on new servers I will add some new interesting art. And before it we can just talk and I can answer some of your questions.

Snake
09-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Great you're back Draug. It's right that your problems are yours, but it's also right that f.e. I am happy if folks working at this game are back and have solved those issues. Not just because this is good for 'us' but also because we want a happy group here around ;). So welcome back Draug. :)

Draug
09-17-2010, 03:16 AM
Well, I was solving much issues all this time;), I just was offline and worked in my dark cave!)))))

Draug
10-08-2010, 10:24 AM
So, if anyone have questions about art part of the game you are welcome. Here we can discuss some art problems, models that are in game already and maybe think of new concepts and any crazy ideas. Some of them surely will enter the game in future.

Bossman
10-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Hey Draug... great idea... maybe a fresh post to keep it neat and tidy?

joexxxz
10-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Ya i got a question. There is not enough of green bright grass.
Everything seems brownish. The grass looks dark and unfriendly.

Draug
10-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Bossman, exuse me? Really don't understand what you mean.

joexxxz, this world is unfriendly))) but yeah, we'll look again at grass, thanks for your comments

tredo
10-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Here is one for ya Draug, so the difference in metals, working with metal armor vs working with grass or cloth, will metal armor catch the sunlight and reflect like a mirror? If someone is way off in the distance, might there be a chance you could see them because of the way light reflects off their armor or perhaps a polished blade they might be using?

Lebannehn
10-08-2010, 12:50 PM
??????? ?? ?????? ??????? ?? ??????.
?????? ??? ?? ????????.
???? ???? ?????? ????? ? ?.?. ????? ?? ????????? ????????\\????????.
??? ??? ???????? ??????? ?? ?????? ??????? (=

Xbwalker
10-08-2010, 02:28 PM
joexxxz wrote:

Well it is post apocalyptic Earth. Not exactly the garden of eden here.

Draug
10-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Xbwalker, yup, you are right))

tredo, well, we just didn't set up specularity yet, cause it's huge and really hard task for programmers, who haven't much free time in day now... But as I know we have this task in plans. To say the truth WOW had specularity only in Wrath of the Lich King, so I think we will have it faster)))

tredo
10-08-2010, 11:00 PM
That's great news.... good to know. Glad you're back, hopefully things will go better for you in the coming months.

Cunk
10-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Xbwalker wrote:

joexxxz wrote:

Well it is post apocalyptic Earth. Not exactly the garden of eden here.
Careful, or you'll summon those who come down on you for calling this a "post" apocalyptic game when in fact the apocalypse is on-going. As if there's a practical difference.

dezgard
10-11-2010, 01:02 AM
first of all Hi Draug,i would like to ask a few questions.

1)The game seems very craftier friendly and i was wondering just how in depth the system will be, simple being add recipe items get a generic item back or add add recipe items and get an item back with stats that are skill-quality of recipe-random%?

2)Combat is twitch based (a nightmare for rpgmmo's) the best I've seen to this day is Reakktors "Neocron" witch was a favorite or mine, how will combat function in your current state of game and will it change?, will there be gun's, ranged combat?

3)fast travel system? i haven't seen anything mentioned about one, will there be one or a limited one?

Deacon
10-11-2010, 09:26 AM

Keep in mind there are seasons in Xsyon...and it is currently Fall/winter...as it is snowing sometimes as well. So naturaly the ground is barren of grasses etc, but when spring arrives, it will get much greener etc. (even some trees lose ther leaves in winter...which is cool)

Kitsume
10-11-2010, 09:55 AM
There is no fast travel, probably won't be any until sometime after the Prelude stage. No fast travel makes tribal locations more strategic, you have to plan to be near necessary resources.

As it is right now, it takes about two hours to travel all the way around the lake.

I expect once the game expands, there will either be a limited fast travel, or players will be able to make transports that move faster than walk/run.

Draug
10-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Well, dezgard... It's hard to say how things go in future. Cause game always changes, we look at your suggestions, think of new ways to make things better and make it))). So it all up to us, people, how game, game balance, crafting system and etc will look.
About guns and other ranged weapon, of course we plan to add them in near future, cause it's simply ridiculous don't have them))). But I think it will be after Prelude.
I think you'd better ask Jordi about combat mode and craft if you want to understand it better and know nuances ;).
About fast travel system. We plan to add mounts and who knows how thing will go in future, cause maybe someone will discover/invent trains and steam engine or even planes!) ;).

dezgard
10-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Ok you've set me off going nuts wanting a steam powered plane i hope your happy lol.

Draug
10-11-2010, 11:50 PM
haha) I would love to make a game model of that plane, but all should be sequentially ;)

trenixdecease
01-09-2011, 08:06 PM
I really liked the animal models, very life-like.

vier
01-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Is your game engine in house or are you using a licenced one like unreal, gamebryo, source, etc etc
Also what do you use for modeling?

Diocletian
01-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Is your game engine in house or are you using a licenced one like unreal, gamebryo, source, etc etc
Also what do you use for modeling?

The game engine is developed in house.

Draug
01-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Glad you like our models, hope they will be better and better. About engine, it's our own development, we just bought Speed Tree as a part of game engine. Soft I'm using for my models is 3dMax 9 and Photoshop for textures and of course pencil and paper for some sketches.

Chavoda
02-22-2011, 12:06 AM
celestial_fury seeing your the music man.

Whats up whit the odd pictures "hidden" in the Music files. being in the mystery exploration song and the mystery war song.
?

Draug
03-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Ok, long time no post. Sorry for that. Really tones of work and no time and wish to read all the forum and post any comments. In addition I broke my hand not so long time ago, so I think you understand. So, I will try to be here more frequently. And if you have any questions(about art part only), please ask, will be glad to answer.

Cyrus
03-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Ok, long time no post. Sorry for that. Really tones of work and no time and wish to read all the forum and post any comments. In addition I broke my hand not so long time ago, so I think you understand. So, I will try to be here more frequently. And if you have any questions(about art part only), please ask, will be glad to answer.

First, what's your current artistic task list on the Xsyon project ? Are you adding more objects models (animals, pets, new skills items ...), preparing some additional zone decorum for future occupation (placing rocks, trees, herbs ...), fixing some ugly facial hair for current char creation (please add some more fancy options ^^), optimizing the texture resolution or performance, ... ?

And if I may ask more specific questions, could you tell me how many rocks cave is there in the current Xsyon game world ? Our tribe choosed the totem location nearby such a cave, because we love your work on this rare (?) object, that could go well with our tribe lore. We just need some wall painting in this cave to be at home. If your answer state a low enough number of cave in Xsyon, we could even start a tourism industry :)

fatboy21007
03-21-2011, 11:54 AM
will you guys take arch and add in the ability to make second and third floors to our cities? ( i love arch ) So as u probally will find out my cities certainly gonna be different! but anyhow can we expect to be able to build second floors?

Draug
03-23-2011, 03:09 AM
First, what's your current artistic task list on the Xsyon project ? Are you adding more objects models (animals, pets, new skills items ...), preparing some additional zone decorum for future occupation (placing rocks, trees, herbs ...), fixing some ugly facial hair for current char creation (please add some more fancy options ^^), optimizing the texture resolution or performance, ... ?

And if I may ask more specific questions, could you tell me how many rocks cave is there in the current Xsyon game world ? Our tribe choosed the totem location nearby such a cave, because we love your work on this rare (?) object, that could go well with our tribe lore. We just need some wall painting in this cave to be at home. If your answer state a low enough number of cave in Xsyon, we could even start a tourism industry :)

Hi, Cyrus! My artistic tasks are huge now))). Well, first of all we are finishing now new cool female cloth and leather armor sets. This is main task for now(there are a lot of work, believe me). Next most people now are involved into zone work. We want to expand world as much as possible and quick. About caves, how do you think is it good or bad to have many caves per one zone? For now there are 1-3 caves per zone and maybe 1-2 just interesting places with rocks, different texture. About character options)))). Well, it's really pain now, cause no time to do this. The main goal is to make game stable and playable. According to my big experience in MMO, character options are not so important in general, Yeah, it's cool to make really cool and unique char, but then, after 5 minutes of playing, you forget about how your char looks like and begin to play, craft, pvp, dungeons and so on, what game can offer. Well, I hope I answered your questions. And please, feel free to ask me, it will be nice to talk and discuss game art.

Draug
03-23-2011, 03:17 AM
will you guys take arch and add in the ability to make second and third floors to our cities? ( i love arch ) So as u probally will find out my cities certainly gonna be different! but anyhow can we expect to be able to build second floors?

Hey, man!) Of course we have such plans, but, I can't promise anything about schedule time really. There are a lot of work for programmers. Bug fixing, code improvements and etc. And for us to finish zones, stuff and so on. So I hope soon situation will be more clear so I can answer this question more accurately ;). But you should understand, that this land has much more, than you can explore now). Big disturbed cities, some hide bunkers....hehe))). So we have a plan ;).

xsuman80
03-23-2011, 06:12 AM

It can be done now. Not easy way, but using some ingame staff - you can made some sort of floors of your cities.

Draug
03-23-2011, 01:21 PM
It can be done now. Not easy way, but using some ingame staff - you can made some sort of floors of your cities.

mmmm....xsuman80, maybe you tell me how to do it fast and without time?

xsuman80
03-25-2011, 01:59 PM
using long timber logs and correct and pointfull terraforming. As example - dig small hole in land and try lay some logs there and in some angle it layed as roof of this hole. And you can walk on them freely.
In such way once I made one-side door to my castle) I can enter and cant exit) it was a little funny situation and looks not bad. But I not need now doors - so I remove this already

vira
04-03-2011, 05:15 AM
Creatures are good. How about something like a gryphon?

Valdemaros wrote:

Hi, if you asking me how am I, I'm ok and trying to read forum and make some creatures ;)

Xidian
04-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Creatures are good. How about something like a gryphon?

This isn't WoW.

Mitsarugii
04-05-2011, 11:13 AM
This isn't WoW.

gryphons dont only exist in WoW

xyberviri
04-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Im still waiting for a cowboy style duster with no frills and dark brown/black like used back in the old west, not like matrix or anything but something more like this:

http://www.agelesspatterns.com/images/BB-8.GIF

Dubanka
04-05-2011, 03:01 PM
there is one, it's just sleeveless.

Xidian
04-05-2011, 04:34 PM
gryphons dont only exist in WoW

Those flying mounts might as well be gryphons.

xyberviri
04-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Nah, that south camp and the other one with the deer horns on it is two flashy, im talking about a simple basic duster from the pioneer age, with no flash, the shoulder rain guards is about as flashy as they got.

MrDDT
04-06-2011, 12:40 PM
I would like to see some more armor looking like this.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn52/ShadowM99/NiceOutfit.jpg?t=1242535851

Mitsarugii
04-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Those flying mounts might as well be gryphons.

what crack are you smoking as that reply made no sense =) , i was simply pointing out that gryphons have existed in mythology for hundreds of years since ancient greece for example