PDA

View Full Version : Xsyon post Sandcastle Completion?

Vicid
03-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Hello All,

So I'm wondering what you all will be doing after you've finished your sand castle? I know there was a lot of activity a couple weeks ago about where to place said castle but now that that's sorted I'm sure a lot of you are nearing completion.

My own tribe has spent many hours forming our sandcastle. We've built massive walls that overlook our lands and guard our fish bins. After building said wall one of our members was attacked! We all rushed to render aid to our poor gatherer but she was fine. Apparently the mad man could do nothing to harm her! She was even standing outside of our protective wall! Well.... at least the walls look pretty even though they're apparently otherwise useless.

After the excitement some of our tribe mates began wondering what kind of sandcastle this interloper had come from. We decided that if we were to be proper guests we should dress the part. We created wondrous attire like hats and shoes so we could be properly clothed while we wandered around admiring other people's sand castles. This practice eventually ended once we realized that the people who had built other sand castles never left their homes unless they were completely naked and sporting a giant axe that they could never let go of. This axe also seemed to make any sort of armor or weapon we created utterly useless. Disheartened we ditched our clothes as they merely served to slow us down when walking from one sandcastle to the next.

With crafting not an option we thought about cutting down trees and making the world look like the moon. After all, the moon is quite pretty. This worked and made the naked axe wielding people moon people... but it also seemed to agitate them and they spent much of their time either resting just outside their own sandcastle or running in circles swinging their weapons at us.

We retreated to the safety of our sandcastle to discuss the situation but we were constantly interrupted by people talking on the other side of a mountain.

Since that day we've spent much of our time milling around eating fish and drinking water. The question we've faced with is quite simple: now that our sandcastle (beautiful if totally unnecessary as it is) has been finished what is there to do?

furanku
03-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Nothing.

The game has no actual content yet other than building the tribe, and I hate to sound like a quest person and all that but there are no dungeons, nothing to truely gain, no interesting items yet, No epic rare +10 I'll kill your mother for metal or materials to make higher grade items. All there is ...... yup Castle Building.

Archangei
03-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Well i can only speak for Deathwatch.

We have multiple plans for the future, and we've only completed phase 1 of our village, will be uploading a tour of the village today.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5259/screenshot201132373314.jpg

And we'll prob start working on the Event, Commerce side now which will be bigger than our storage / private house area.

Other than that we have about 2-3 projects where the biggest one will take a couple of months atleast.

To not risk getting bored we do abit of crafting, events, laugh and just have fun:)

furanku
03-23-2011, 02:11 AM
someone uses fraps..
anyway that wasn't his question mate :) but good job on the bridge.

Archangei
03-23-2011, 02:32 AM
someone uses fraps..
anyway that wasn't his question mate :) but good job on the bridge.

Misread it then:P sorry

Proto
03-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Well i can only speak for Deathwatch.

We have multiple plans for the future, and we've only completed phase 1 of our village, will be uploading a tour of the village today.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5259/screenshot201132373314.jpg

And we'll prob start working on the Event, Commerce side now which will be bigger than our storage / private house area.

Other than that we have about 2-3 projects where the biggest one will take a couple of months atleast.

To not risk getting bored we do abit of crafting, events, laugh and just have fun:)

wtb asset destruction in game asap.

Proto
03-23-2011, 05:52 PM
u and me????

Niburu
03-23-2011, 05:58 PM
I have the same thoughts. The ideas and everything that jordi has sounds great.....but nothing of that is really ingame. Atm it is building online were the stuff you build has no purpose...deep economy or specialized rolls, i didn't saw them

Xidian
03-23-2011, 06:14 PM
All that it would take to add so much more content is to make buildings and walls useful and have item decay. INSTANT CONTENT.

furanku
03-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Even flying pigs would be instant content but we are whinning thinking it will change anytime soon when the ground we walk on is not even stable lol

Dade512
03-24-2011, 01:49 AM
Nothing.

The game has no actual content yet other than building the tribe, and I hate to sound like a quest person and all that but there are no dungeons, nothing to truely gain, no interesting items yet, No epic rare +10 I'll kill your mother for metal or materials to make higher grade items. All there is ...... yup Castle Building.

Didn't you know this when you started looking into the game? Players are responsible for quests etc. It's been said before that entirety of prelude is for everyone to to get going and establish their place to live, so yeah...it's castle building. We all knew that. What sort of items are you expecting to appear? Some WoW rares or something?
If your bored, create quests on your totem. Invite people to do them so maybe they'll do the same. Then there will be more things to do. =D

Koll
03-24-2011, 05:35 AM
I think he meant they want to start smashing other peoples stuff. Smashing other people's stuff is a lot of fun for some people.

Dade512
03-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Oh....i thought he was complaining it wasn't WoW...my bad... O.o

Brilliant
03-24-2011, 10:46 AM
If your bored, create quests on your totem. Invite people to do them so maybe they'll do the same. Then there will be more things to do. =D
Would be nice if it wasn't broken.

Dade512
03-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Would be nice if it wasn't broken.

We created some early on and they worked just fine.

Brilliant
03-24-2011, 12:08 PM
We created some early on and they worked just fine.

Really? Because last we tested them, someone could come along and accept everything on the totem and then just run away, locking the reward in the totem forever. Also, the totem didn't actually dispense the rewards itself, someone had to manually do it upon completion.

/shrug

Maybe they stealth-fixed it since launch, though.

Surly
03-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Really? Because last we tested them, someone could come along and accept everything on the totem and then just run away, locking the reward in the totem forever. Also, the totem didn't actually dispense the rewards itself, someone had to manually do it upon completion.

/shrug

Maybe they stealth-fixed it since launch, though.
That's still how it "works." And I use the word "works" loosely. It's broken as shit.

paranoia
03-25-2011, 01:47 AM
Hello All,

So I'm wondering what you all will be doing after you've finished your sand castle? I know there was a lot of activity a couple weeks ago about where to place said castle but now that that's sorted I'm sure a lot of you are nearing completion.

My own tribe has spent many hours forming our sandcastle. We've built massive walls that overlook our lands and guard our fish bins. After building said wall one of our members was attacked! We all rushed to render aid to our poor gatherer but she was fine. Apparently the mad man could do nothing to harm her! She was even standing outside of our protective wall! Well.... at least the walls look pretty even though they're apparently otherwise useless.

After the excitement some of our tribe mates began wondering what kind of sandcastle this interloper had come from. We decided that if we were to be proper guests we should dress the part. We created wondrous attire like hats and shoes so we could be properly clothed while we wandered around admiring other people's sand castles. This practice eventually ended once we realized that the people who had built other sand castles never left their homes unless they were completely naked and sporting a giant axe that they could never let go of. This axe also seemed to make any sort of armor or weapon we created utterly useless. Disheartened we ditched our clothes as they merely served to slow us down when walking from one sandcastle to the next.

With crafting not an option we thought about cutting down trees and making the world look like the moon. After all, the moon is quite pretty. This worked and made the naked axe wielding people moon people... but it also seemed to agitate them and they spent much of their time either resting just outside their own sandcastle or running in circles swinging their weapons at us.

We retreated to the safety of our sandcastle to discuss the situation but we were constantly interrupted by people talking on the other side of a mountain.

Since that day we've spent much of our time milling around eating fish and drinking water. The question we've faced with is quite simple: now that our sandcastle (beautiful if totally unnecessary as it is) has been finished what is there to do?

QFT - many good points in this post.
Many of them easy to change for DEVs.

What i dont like the most - tribe safe zones.
Can we just get rid of them?
And wipe please. Eh, Im afraid its already to late.
Seriously, what is the purpose of safe zones outside starting areas in sandbox? Can anyone explain in to me?

AngelusDD
03-25-2011, 05:29 AM
indeed many good points here.

making quests (not the totem stuff) on our own would mean that the evil tribes go out forcing their way upon the game world, while the good tribes stand in their path to protect the good values or so.
but for making this entertaining or even possible for the evil tribes, the safe zones need to go away and instead make buildings useful.
i suppose there is no point for the evil tribes to attack others when everybody can just hide inside their safe zones. and as long the evil tribes are not attacking, the good tribes are bored too.....

edit: and i dont mention building useless buildings or crafting hundreds of undestroyable items....

Salvadore
03-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Seriously, what is the purpose of safe zones outside starting areas in sandbox? Can anyone explain in to me?

Many personally desire a place they can go to be free of the fear of pvp. It is pretty much a hard coded exploitable crutch some people need to ensure their own personal securities, find ways to get a well needed advantage, and gain unecessary benefits over others. Some will chest thumb "all reward/no risk" all day long for their own personal gains regardless of how bad it is for the overal mechanics of the game.

Case in point - the ones that scream the loudest for safezones are usually the one crying the hardest over macroers. No safezones -> virtually no macroers due to the risk of loss.

AlexTaldren
03-25-2011, 11:36 AM
What if he tweaked the safe zones so they weren't instant? Meaning, if a tribe member steps foot on his/her land, it takes 60 seconds before their invulnerable state is turned on? This would keep people from running back to their safe zone and immediately be safe. Of course, others would be safe if they didn't leave, but at least you could pursue the ones who flee to their safe zones?

Once we have gates and some kind of destruction/decay system in place for walls, etc., safe zones can go away completely. Until then, why not tweak them so they can't be abused so easily?

Jadzia
03-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Case in point - the ones that scream the loudest for safezones are usually the one crying the hardest over macroers. No safezones -> virtually no macroers due to the risk of loss.

Loss of what ?