PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone?

TheDevil
03-23-2011, 01:14 AM
I'm starting to wonder if Xsyon has switched to a singleplayer game, because I'm hardly seeing anyone. Had my alt running along the junk pile gathering for hours the last few nights and have only been attacked twice.

It's probably because

1) Combat is a joke

2) You cant loot anyone because they all carry private bins on their backs.

3) Crafting is bad - right click on your tools and ingredients every time, even if your crafting the same thing over again!

4) No animals

5) Safe zones - The only places there are people to kill seem to be right around their safe zones. As soon as you attack them they bolt to safety, even though their backpacks cant be looted anyways.

The only people I'm seeing play this game are people hiding away in their safe zone terraforming, because it is the only feature this game does well.

I see more people playing Mortal Online, and this game has only been released for 1 week + 1 day and everyone has a 2 month sub.

caldrin
03-23-2011, 01:19 AM
I think the main reason peopel are not playign is because of performance issues and lag.

Before in beta lots of peopel where playing and having a good time, even pvp was semi fun.. well until someone ran into the water.

Yeah crafting needs tweaking think maybe if you have all the items on you you should just need to click craft and thats it.

Safe Zones area a good thing at the moment...

Anyway peopel are not logging on because of all the issues with the performance at least thats the case with my tribe, in beta we had about 10 people so far only 5 have logged in, created a character and managed to get to our location before giving up.

Bisjul
03-23-2011, 01:34 AM
I forgot what this game was about.

Is it a crafting game with PvP elements? Or is it a PvP game oriented towards crafting?

I can't stand the quirkiness of the gameplay - It feels like we've lost features since beta and only gained more restrictions to what we can and cannot do.

I'll just keep checking.

XeoStyle
03-23-2011, 01:40 AM
People are busy building up their tribe area and mindind their own business so far..

Since PvP is hardly a feature ingame, people rather skill up and build their tribe area instead of go PvP'ing and so forth..

blackzilla
03-23-2011, 04:38 AM
I'm starting to wonder if Xsyon has switched to a singleplayer game, because I'm hardly seeing anyone. Had my alt running along the junk pile gathering for hours the last few nights and have only been attacked twice.

It's probably because

1) Combat is a joke

3) Crafting is bad - right click on your tools and ingredients every time, even if your crafting the same thing over again!

4) No animals

5) Safe zones - The only places there are people to kill seem to be right around their safe zones. As soon as you attack them they bolt to safety, even though their backpacks cant be looted anyways.

The only people I'm seeing play this game are people hiding away in their safe zone terraforming, because it is the only feature this game does well.

I see more people playing Mortal Online, and this game has only been released for 1 week + 1 day and everyone has a 2 month sub.

I disagree with you. Game is fun for me and no one from our 50+ member tribe has left yet, more join everyday to be honest... Something must be right...

joecool87
03-23-2011, 04:46 AM
another 5hrs of unscheduled down time...i dont think im playing a game...

Jadzia
03-23-2011, 04:53 AM
I see a lot of people playing every night, running around on junkpiles.

XeoStyle
03-23-2011, 04:57 AM
another 5hrs of unscheduled down time...i dont think im playing a game...

Instead of fucking whining everytime, be thankfull that they are fixing this game for us and getting rid of the lag...! Go out and play soccer or something boy..

d3m0nd0
03-23-2011, 05:01 AM
NO MOTHER! I DONT WANT TO LEAVE MY PC! WAHHHHH!

Kajones
03-23-2011, 05:05 AM
If you want some PvP, try moving your totem off of that Tar so people actually have a chance to get at it. It's the only draw to your area there is and you've got it locked down inside a homestead.

Sittin' at the top of that peak on the southern lake island, bitchin about nothing to do, and you have one of the biggest draws in the game sealed up. Go figure.

cod3r_
03-23-2011, 05:17 AM
Almost everything you described was PVP oriented.. You'll seriously have to give it some time to get that part in and done.. The devs have said the combat is going to change.. Safezones will change, etc.. Prelude is just a place to start building up your tribe and building a territory. Once we are out of prelude expect mass destruction and tons of PVP fun..

for now PVP is the least developed part of the game.. but it should be obvious why. there is so much detail to every aspect of this game it's crazy. Also I think you've seen as everyone else has the billion totems placed in every inch of the game. People are probably just waiting for more bugs to get fixed or perhaps still just rerolling until they find a place they want to be..

mgilbrtsn
03-23-2011, 05:35 AM
If you don't see anyone, then you must be in a really bad location. We have thriving communities all around us. I think it will thrive even more once they get some of the lag issues taken care of. I think the population will be bumped even more as they start adding more features. Either way you look at it, I think the future is bright so far. As far as is it a pvp game or crafting game. Its whatever you want. I have pvp'ed maybe 2 times. The rest of the time I spend crafting (Trying to get my bloody architecture up), while others of my tribe are much more pvp oriented. I think thats one of the good things about the game. The choices of playing how you want.

xenoclix
03-23-2011, 06:38 AM
Im loving this game so far -performance issues, i had that in the first week. Now, perfect, no lag when i play, no fps issues etc.

Its been a long time since a game really got me hooked over the past few years. I actually am excited when i know i will log into the game and play it while some games in the past i was like MEH, logging in, ok, done, logging out.

ac1dtrip
03-23-2011, 06:49 AM
If you want some PvP, try moving your totem off of that Tar so people actually have a chance to get at it. It's the only draw to your area there is and you've got it locked down inside a homestead.

Sittin' at the top of that peak on the southern lake island, bitchin about nothing to do, and you have one of the biggest draws in the game sealed up. Go figure.

I've noticed this also. Totem on tar makes it inaccessible to all others in the game and I'm not talking hard to get I'm talking litteraly the game will not let you grab the Tar. This seems very game breaking. So atm we have one tribe that has access to an item no one else can have just by having their totem in the right place at the right time. I'm sure there may be other places with tar but it's very rare and so far seems to be the only item you litteraly cannot pick up unless you are in the tribe that placed the totem or there is no totem around. If I'm mistaken or there is another thread on this please do direct me that way. Thank you.

Jadzia
03-23-2011, 06:57 AM
I've noticed this also. Totem on tar makes it inaccessible to all others in the game and I'm not talking hard to get I'm talking litteraly the game will not let you grab the Tar. This seems very game breaking. So atm we have one tribe that has access to an item no one else can have just by having their totem in the right place at the right time. I'm sure there may be other places with tar but it's very rare and so far seems to be the only item you litteraly cannot pick up unless you are in the tribe that placed the totem or there is no totem around. If I'm mistaken or there is another thread on this please do direct me that way. Thank you.

As far as I know tar has no use for now. How knows, when they open up new lands there might be a lot of tar.

ac1dtrip
03-23-2011, 07:00 AM
As far as I know tar has no use for now. How knows, when they open up new lands there might be a lot of tar.

Or tar is used to make fire arrows or other weapons only these special tribes can have. Either way doesn't seem balanced or fair the way it is now.

Dontaze_Mebro
03-23-2011, 07:03 AM

It's probably because

1) Combat is a joke

4) No animals

I disagree with your topic, but totally agree with you on these gamekilling bugs. They need fixed immediately. Private backpacks and swimming are ruining PVP.

wolfmoonstrike
03-23-2011, 07:10 AM
Or tar is used to make fire arrows or other weapons only these special tribes can have. Either way doesn't seem balanced or fair the way it is now.

Balanced, fair? Sorry but if they are the only ones to do it then yeah that sucks but thats how goes. Figure out a way to beat them despite the advantage, if this ever comes true.

ac1dtrip
03-23-2011, 07:13 AM
Balanced, fair? Sorry but if they are the only ones to do it then yeah that sucks but thats how goes. Figure out a way to beat them despite the advantage, if this ever comes true.

Except with current game mechanics even when tribes are able to be attacked they can choose to be attacked. Also this tar seems to be in a safe zone so attacking them anyhow is impossible. Only strategy is straight up joining their guild and conning them out of it or buying it which again gives them a huge advantage.

Jadzia
03-23-2011, 07:13 AM

If I remember well Jordi said tar will only be used in a later phase of the game, after Prelude.

Dontaze_Mebro
03-23-2011, 07:15 AM
He who controls the tar controls the universe.

ac1dtrip
03-23-2011, 07:18 AM
If I remember well Jordi said tar will only be used in a later phase of the game, after Prelude.

Well as of now only a small percentage of people have access to this and can stock up, hypothetically, a lot more than people could catch up with. Still makes little sense this is the only item you cannot access once a totem is put near it.

He who controls the tar controls the universe.

At this point that is very plausible in the Universe of Xsyon.

orious13
03-23-2011, 07:22 AM
If you don't see anyone, then you must be in a really bad location.

Or a really good location :P....

wolfmoonstrike
03-23-2011, 07:50 AM
Except with current game mechanics even when tribes are able to be attacked they can choose to be attacked. Also this tar seems to be in a safe zone so attacking them anyhow is impossible. Only strategy is straight up joining their guild and conning them out of it or buying it which again gives them a huge advantage.

Sure currently they have an advantage but we have no idea what the future will bring. Plus as far as I know tar is useless currently.

Vicid
03-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Combats a joke and preorder wepons make crafting a joke. Why play once you're done with your sandcastle?

Jadzia
03-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Combats a joke and preorder wepons make crafting a joke. Why play once you're done with your sandcastle?

If you are bored, switch all of your tribe baskets to public, announce it on the forum, then try to protect the stuffs you have :P

Serious question, if a tribe choose to be evil, is their area safe or not ?

Vicid
03-23-2011, 12:33 PM
So far there's no difference between being good or evil.

Also setting one's basket to pubic doesn't matter if it is on our tribal land because the game stops non tribe members from accessing it anyway... also there isn't really anything worth stealing in game but fish...

but please try and think of something to do in this game Jadzia I'm curious now.

Jadzia
03-23-2011, 12:54 PM
So far there's no difference between being good or evil.

Also setting one's basket to pubic doesn't matter if it is on our tribal land because the game stops non tribe members from accessing it anyway... also there isn't really anything worth stealing in game but fish...

but please try and think of something to do in this game Jadzia I'm curious now.

I'm having great fun in the game, skilling up, crafting a lot, making friends, trading. Haven't even touched terraforming and arch yet so I have a lot to do. Well I don't use macros I guess this helps as well in having fun.

If you are not interested in all of this then try to organize PvP events....terraform and arena, invite friends/enemies to fight there, offer reward to the victor and so on.
Organize an event where players are invited to a race across some zones, the goal should be to get something hidden in a basket in a given coordinates. The winner is who gets the item and gets back to the starting point first. So on the way back the lucky one who was the first at the basket would be the main target to the other runners, they should try to kill him and steal the item from him.

Get creative :)

xyberviri
03-23-2011, 12:59 PM
People are busy building up their tribe area and mindind their own business so far..

Since PvP is hardly a feature ingame, people rather skill up and build their tribe area instead of go PvP'ing and so forth..

This is what you should be out doing.....

silverhaze
03-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Smart ones are playing a game that's not broken

Vicid
03-23-2011, 02:02 PM
I'm having great fun in the game, skilling up, crafting a lot, making friends, trading.

And what are you getting out of it? You can make a new useless hat?... also if you're already in a gaming guild you'e got enough online friends

If you are not interested in all of this then try to organize PvP events....terraform and arena, invite friends/enemies to fight there, offer reward to the victor and so on.
Again combats a joke and any reward would be useless

Organize an event where players are invited to a race across some zones, the goal should be to get something hidden in a basket in a given coordinates. The winner is who gets the item and gets back to the starting point first. So on the way back the lucky one who was the first at the basket would be the main target to the other runners, they should try to kill him and steal the item from him.
If I wanted to organize something like this it would be a lot more fun in real life... I shouldn't have to make up things to make a game interesting

Get creative :)

Hahah if you want me to get creative why don't I cut down all the trees and dig random holes near your tribe... oh wait that'd be griefing, nm.

Dade512
03-23-2011, 02:28 PM
I thought her ideas were pretty good. Considering players are responsible for quests etc, player run events could be fun.

Jadzia
03-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Hahah if you want me to get creative why don't I cut down all the trees and dig random holes near your tribe... oh wait that'd be griefing, nm.

Since you seem to be determined to be bored in game I guess none of us can help you :)

wulvgar
03-23-2011, 03:03 PM
most have quit and gave up on the game, fan boys will say its not true. But the fact is was very very bad launch and still is

Server empty and pretty boring

Kroom
03-23-2011, 03:05 PM
most have quit and gave up on the game, fan boys will say its not true. But the fact is was very very bad launch and still is

Server empty and pretty boring

And you're posting because?!?!?

BYE!

orious13
03-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Nah ... player run pvp events.... world wide treasure hunts when/if they add cartography and maps can be placed around the world...

Creative things that the community itself can start are all ideas I've wanted to see.

Games do too much of a push in direction. I'd like for some guilds to set up a "chaos zone" where there's just a crap ton of players roaming around pvping. I bet you all would have a crap ton of fun with that.

Ask Virtus to make a thread or post a sticky on the prelude section called "Hot Zones" or something where players can post time and zones for player run events.

Andius
03-23-2011, 03:10 PM

It's probably because

1) Combat is a joke

4) No animals

It's either timezone or location or both. I see plenty of people running around my scrap pile. In fact the day before yesterday I was unable to go out scavenging because of PKers with homesteads right next to mine. I instead spent the night fighting with them, which... was a lot more fun than scavenging anyway. All the time I see neutral and friendly players running around too. I could easily go out and find a fight within five minutes if I was a random PKer. I mean I ran into Drevar, Frog, and Rotchschild at least 5 times per player last night. Sometimes far from their homestead with a log on their back. Hell, if you went and killed them, and I was online, I would hunt you down. And I always play fully geared.

You just aren't finding fights because you aren't in a very populated area. If you don't want to be a hermit, don't choose hermit locations. I chose my location for the very reason that it is crowded.

If you really want some fights, find some homesteads and tribes that appear fairly active, and then place near them. And they do exist.

kiwiitis
03-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Me have loads of fun.Being small lots to do as you don't have everything handed to you.

Watch this space for "Drifter's Campground" $100 for 24hrs safety!

wulvgar
03-23-2011, 03:36 PM
And you're posting because?!?!?

BYE!

not going anywhere paid my 40$ so happy to cry with the rest of the crowd. Plus gives you something to reply to because we know your board of picking cloth all day making armor for an empty server

biotek
03-23-2011, 03:49 PM
hmmmm, I see plenty of players online when I'm playing. Why would anyone buy the game just for the pvp? Before I bought Xsyon I read a little bit about it and knew before installing that pvp wasn't going to be a major feature for a good while.

As a side note - If you dislike the content of the game so much that you feel you need to macro, then perhaps it's just the wrong game for you.

Dade512
03-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Why would anyone want to pvp when the combat is garbage? That's the point. The pvp currently in the game isn't fun and players whose focus is pvp aren't enjoying it.

I guess I'm missing something. lotta people say this, but what more do you need? You swing and you hit or miss with armor absorbing some of the damage. Isn't that the overall gist of combat?

stew890
03-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Except for acceptable performance issues as expected with any new release MMO, i have no complaints, only compliments for a very fine game, my advice to you trolls that hate the game but insist on playing it just to moan about how much you dont like it... Go back to whatever game you came from, if you dont like Xsyon, dont log in... problem solved, seems pretty easy really :confused:

Zarin
03-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Most other "sandbox" MMO's have focused primarily on the PvP, Xsyon has chosen to leave a basic combat system and address other features of a sandbox game...

I think that if we are patient and enjoy the many unique features in the game at the moment, then soon (hopefully by the end of prelude) we will see a better combat and PvP system, making the game much more interesting in that aspect of the game.

Niburu
03-23-2011, 05:50 PM
i can only hope the character system is not shit like the darkfall one. iam tired of the beeing able to do everything and it starts to be the same in xsyon. iam a hunter weapon crafter who crafts bricks from time to time to build walls while i have decent combat skills.....ofc iam also a master scavanger and fishing men

Dade512
03-23-2011, 06:36 PM
I think that will change with skill decay Niburu. Also, masonry and woodcraft (I believe) don't count much towards the soft cap. Also, the groups of skills are separate from each other, if I recall correctly.