PDA

View Full Version : Xsypn Is Boring.

astromin1
03-25-2011, 04:38 AM
What is there to do? I go pking everyday but I lost the meaning to it after finishing all of ny crafting skills. Building a fort also lost its reason. I havent lo gged in for about a week mainly because of lag and how boring this game is

Kajones
03-25-2011, 04:41 AM
You didn't really read up on this game before getting it did you? It's still in development, Dur.

Wait, you've been on the forums since Aug 10. Lot longer than me... you should know this.

caldrin
03-25-2011, 05:28 AM
Yes in its current state the game can get a bit boring doing the same thing over and over.. but as kajones said its still in development and you should know this.

joecool87
03-25-2011, 05:37 AM
go kick some bear asses!

wulvgar
03-25-2011, 06:11 AM
go kick some bear asses!

what bears and why ? all two of them

then make armor,wait why make armor already have 100 sets

Cragvis
03-25-2011, 09:27 AM
Fished all your crafting skills?

Have 100 sets of armor?

How about you stop playing the game 24/7 and do something else in life. You clearly burnt yourself out!

I play the game 1-2 hours a day at most and i love it, NEVER burn yourself out of anything.

orious13
03-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Fished all your crafting skills?

Have 100 sets of armor?

How about you stop playing the game 24/7 and do something else in life. You clearly burnt yourself out!

I play the game 1-2 hours a day at most and i love it, NEVER burn yourself out of anything.

Me 2... 1 to 2 hours. Don't need to play any more than that. I think my max crafting skill is 40.

Cragvis
03-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Me 2... 1 to 2 hours. Don't need to play any more than that. I think my max crafting skill is 40.

Yea, but there will always be people with no job or school and can play all day and all night long, and end up with everything in a few days, and then complain that the game is boring now. Its not the games fault at all. They just have way too much free time on their hands.

joexxxz
03-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Be patient. Game will be great. Xsyon said like in summer it will be expended. Lots of new things will be added. Right now, its just the basics.

orious13
03-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Yea, but there will always be people with no job or school and can play all day and all night long, and end up with everything in a few days, and then complain that the game is boring now. Its not the games fault at all. They just have way too much free time on their hands.

I just graduated and am unemployed... still not playing all day.

We aren't playing xsypn anyway. lol. Didn't catch that initially.

orious13
03-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Can you clarify the way the Prelude works for people who are unfamiliar with the game? Are there a limited number of pre-orders? Is the release limited to a certain number of players? If so, what are the post-release expansion plans?

The Prelude is basically a simple version of what I originally designed many years ago. A lot of features are in a simple form, intended to get better with time as we grow the company and the game. It serves as a base for players to construct a virtual world that can then expand to support a lot of unique features I have planned. For those, you will have to stay tuned!

You're playing a game in development. If you play it 6 hours a day you're going to have nothing to do. Simple. Does that suck? Yeah, maybe, if all you have to do all day is play Xsyon. That is the first interview after searching in google. Before I bought the game, I read that amongst others.

Dade512
03-25-2011, 01:19 PM
It says all over the place that Prelude is a basic version of the game just to get people in and get settlements set up. I don't know how people are already maxing things, I'm in game quite a bit but I still don't have very high crafting skills or anything. But i'm also not sitting just focusing on one thing, grinding away to get to the top asap, there's plenty of time to get there.

Kroom
03-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Complaint: Xsyon lacks meaning besides leveling skills.

Excuses: Game is in development / You played the game too much.

Good thread guys

Wrong, the OP is at fault. Let’s review the possibilities:
I am not sure what to do after I have “built my castle”; this would elicit a totally different response. More constructive and provides potential repliers direction.

I am bored because “we need change”; promotion of another theory craft thread motivated by personal desires. This could at least spark discussion and debate, over the same topics for the 100th time. A step up from “I’m bored…”.

I am just bored; don’t know what to tell you. We are not responsible for your entertainment. I wouldn’t waste my time trying convince you why a movie you hate is funny. Pointless…

See my point?

Andius
03-26-2011, 03:20 AM
I've been playing this game a fair amount since release. I go around, check out what other people built, talk in local, hunt down ruffians, work on my fort, etc.

I would encourage you to slow your butt down and smell the roses, if you really have so little to do with your time other than game that it doesn't work, play another game while you wait for more content.

Maligno
03-26-2011, 11:34 AM
I've spent more time patching this game then playing it and still like it.

KeithStone
03-26-2011, 12:03 PM
This is what are tribe does and it keeps us from getting bored.

1. We have a city building project that is going to takes us 3-4 months to complete. (lots of new features will come out during this time)
2. We guard an area 4-5x larger tha our actual tribe border, we KOS anyone that comes inside this area. (This is an everyday ongoing thing)
3. Every time we reach a certain amount of members we do a run around the lake.
4. We have members that go out on raids looking for pvp, animals and scouting for other tribes.
5. We have members that go out and explore for possible rare resources that haven't been found yet.
6. We have members that go out and scout out possible outposts for setting up a quest totem.
7. We use fish as our tribe currency atm which helps with trading within our tribe.
8. Most of our members use the quest system to do most of their trading. (it acts as a 24/7 vendor)

That's just some of the things we do, to me it seems you are not using enough imagination to keep yourself going in a game that allows you to do whatever you want.

You say you have 100 pieces of armor, have you gone out to see if you could offer trades for other people that need that armor?

Try starting a real tribe, the kind that takes 20+ members to create- that in itself will keep you busy every day.

There are so many options that people don't realize I guess, you just need to be more creative.

clangedon
03-26-2011, 12:25 PM
i agree the game for now is boring no animals no pvp only craft

xsuman80
03-26-2011, 01:20 PM
I love Xsyon. BUT now it boring game. Total. It has gigantic potential. Working of Dev team are splendid. BUT now - it boring game.
I play in so many MMO (all spicies) and can tell - if Developer made in real what they thinking, if they save communication about how game need to be whith his subscribers, if they take best from Wurm, Darkfall, Heaven and Hearth, Mortal online, Ultima online as sanbox games and from other projects for needed things - Xsyon be best sandbox. Dev team steal good ideas and technologics finding and add correctly to game. Plz do this)
But now plaing in Xsyon for most part is boring.

Zenmaster13
03-28-2011, 07:15 AM
First of all, No. No one sees your point as your post was absolute nonsense. Let's review the possibilities of what exactly?

Also, you need a lot of direction for someone who is embarking on quite possibly the emptiest sandbox ever made. Let me help you by highlighting the question.

I see his point quite clearly. What are you missing? If someone is maxed at all their skills this early in the game, I have to question how are they playing. Are they macroing everything (almost definitely), or are they on 20 hours a day (which would be impossible with the current uptime/downtime situation). In either of these situations, the PLAYER is to blame. I play maybe 10 or so hours a week, so I am only near max on 1 skill. I am not bored. If I was bored, I would stop playing, and not complain about it. Everyone wants more content. It is just a statement of the obvious, like saying the sky is blue.

joexxxz
03-28-2011, 09:11 AM
The reason why is boring is because your electrons in your brain is kind of not active. For it to be fun, u need to face new challenges majority of the time. More content. Thats all, and new content. For it to be fun, your hard work spend by playing the game should pay you off. If its not pays off, then its boring.

AlexTaldren
03-28-2011, 01:18 PM
People who wait for a sandbox game to deliver them meaning are waiting on a train that won't come. Sandbox games give you the tools to create your own meaning and goals within the game.

bodangly
03-28-2011, 02:09 PM
People who wait for a sandbox game to deliver them meaning are waiting on a train that won't come. Sandbox games give you the tools to create your own meaning and goals within the game.

While I agree with this in theory, and I do enjoy Xsyon for what it is, lets not twist the truth here. Saying Xsyon is empty of content is calling a spade a spade. There is no denying the game needs some updated/new systems and mechanics to fill this void. Is EvE not a sandbox? EvE is FILLED with content. Obviously it has been in development far longer than Xsyon, but the point still stands.

You can put a jungle gym in a sandbox and it is still a sandbox. PLEASE GIVE US SOME MONKEY BARS OR SOMETHING.

AlexTaldren
03-29-2011, 10:26 AM
To clarify, I'm not arguing against the adding of new system, skills, or content. I'm merely pointing out that at some point, players will have to create their own meaning. Right now, some of us are able to do it with what's currently available.

Sounds like Bad as Can should be renamed to Bad as Cannot.

AlexTaldren
03-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Not every tribe is a 200-member circus act and wants to play 'who can dig up the most bottle caps in one hour.'

Nobody's perfect.

xyberviri
03-29-2011, 10:50 AM
It says all over the place that Prelude is a basic version of the game just to get people in and get settlements set up. I don't know how people are already maxing things, I'm in game quite a bit but I still don't have very high crafting skills or anything. But i'm also not sitting just focusing on one thing, grinding away to get to the top asap, there's plenty of time to get there.

^ This is what you should be doing..... this is why you are bored.

Cunning_Linguist
03-29-2011, 12:04 PM
^ This is what you should be doing..... this is why you are bored.

They don't read. Give up on them. I'll do some forum bitch slapping and see if we can shut them up for a while.

Hey guys let's have a competition in-game to see who is the best gladiato -- oh wait...

Hey guys let's have a competition in-game to craft the best ax -- oh wait...

Hey guys, how bout you we have a race around Lake Tahoe! Woohoo sandboxes ftw!
Hey guys, lets go play Xsyon knowing its in development and then retardedly post on the forums that we are pissed its not finished!

Oh wait...

Tehroth
03-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Yet we are using up our game time for beta, why? If the game is so great why are we complaining? Yes the game has potential, but many others did as well and they went down the shitter.

Cctcowboy
03-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Yet we are using up our game time for beta, why? If the game is so great why are we complaining? Yes the game has potential, but many others did as well and they went down the shitter.

couldn't agree more

Hodo
04-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Every sandbox is boring when you have no imagination.

bodangly
04-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Every sandbox is boring when you have no imagination.

Biggest cop-out in the history of sandbox gaming.

Hodo
04-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Biggest cop-out in the history of sandbox gaming.

Do you honestly need everything handed to you on a platter for you to have fun? NO.

The current generation of gamers seem to only be able to think of one thing, ganking.

If they dont gank, and talk shit then they cry on the forums about how boring things are. Or how broken the game is. If you need to have your hand held to get through a MMORPG sandbox then god forbid you ever play a old fashioned pencile and paper RPG run by a person. And they ask you.... what do you WANT to do?

How do you get through life? Do you even know what you are going to do day to day? Do you have to have mommy and daddy hold your hand through that too? Does someone have to come up for a quest system for you to go wipe your ass and take a shower?

Seriously most of the current crop of "gamers" are nothing more than spoiled whinny little brats that have had everything, including their education handed to them. I feel for them when they get to the REAL world and the REAL work place where they have to survive on their own initiative.

bodangly
04-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Do you honestly need everything handed to you on a platter for you to have fun? NO.

The current generation of gamers seem to only be able to think of one thing, ganking.

If they dont gank, and talk shit then they cry on the forums about how boring things are. Or how broken the game is. If you need to have your hand held to get through a MMORPG sandbox then god forbid you ever play a old fashioned pencile and paper RPG run by a person. And they ask you.... what do you WANT to do?

How do you get through life? Do you even know what you are going to do day to day? Do you have to have mommy and daddy hold your hand through that too? Does someone have to come up for a quest system for you to go wipe your ass and take a shower?

Seriously most of the current crop of "gamers" are nothing more than spoiled whinny little brats that have had everything, including their education handed to them. I feel for them when they get to the REAL world and the REAL work place where they have to survive on their own initiative.

I don't disagree with your points, but it doesn't change the fact that telling customers they aren't having fun because its their fault is a really thin and poor argument. The best sandbox games have all provided players with a LONG list of things they could do ingame. EvE Online is the current example. EVERYTHING in that game is complex and deep, and there are a multitude of in-game mechanics. I've said it before and I'll say it again - just because you bring toys into a sandbox doesn't diminish it - it only gives you more options.

clangedon
04-01-2011, 03:43 PM
this game need contents need a true combat system need a lot of things before we can call xsyon a complete game this is a alfa.
i want see when we must pay to play xsyon :)

Hodo
04-02-2011, 08:04 PM
I don't disagree with your points, but it doesn't change the fact that telling customers they aren't having fun because its their fault is a really thin and poor argument. The best sandbox games have all provided players with a LONG list of things they could do ingame. EvE Online is the current example. EVERYTHING in that game is complex and deep, and there are a multitude of in-game mechanics. I've said it before and I'll say it again - just because you bring toys into a sandbox doesn't diminish it - it only gives you more options.

Yes you need SOME toys, but even with said toys in the "sandbox", vast majority of the current crop of "gamers" dont know what to do with them. They would just complain about not having anything to do, or not knowing what to do with them. If it doesnt give them a big assed arrow that points to where they need to go on some mini-map at the corner of their screen with a NPC telling them that they need to go said direction, the players wouldnt know what to do.

This is my problem with the most of the current generation of gamers. The "old" school gamers, those who remember Ultima Online, Tribes Online, SVGA Battletech, and the MUD gaming rooms. And even those who are older who remember when D&D was just D&D, and when Cyberpunk was more than just a genre of music. When we used to take up whole convention centers going to gaming conventions with minatures and figurines, bags of dice, and binders of character sheets, maps and graphs. When the guy dragging the cart behind him filled to the brim with books was the guy who was going to be running the campaign. Back when character death had REAL consequences, but now... NO!!! You meantion any harsh punishment for death and its like you have announced a Jihad on some childhood hero of theirs.

But let me step off my soapbox here.

this game need contents need a true combat system need a lot of things before we can call xsyon a complete game this is a alfa.
i want see when we must pay to play xsyon :)

For some reason I see this a lot, are you aware what "ALPHA" stage is? Probably not seeing as you have used it wrong.

d3m0nd0
04-03-2011, 02:53 AM
Personally Ive never played Xsypn, But I Do Enjoy Xsyon, Maybe you should all play that.

Cunning_Linguist
04-05-2011, 06:26 PM
For some reason I see this a lot, are you aware what "ALPHA" stage is? Probably not seeing as you have used it wrong.

It's that stage where we grow alfalfa lol.

alfa. lol

MMORPG forum users are so much fun sometimes.

xyberviri
04-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Yes you need SOME toys, but even with said toys in the "sandbox", vast majority of the current crop of "gamers" dont know what to do with them. They would just complain about not having anything to do, or not knowing what to do with them. If it doesnt give them a big assed arrow that points to where they need to go on some mini-map at the corner of their screen with a NPC telling them that they need to go said direction, the players wouldnt know what to do.

This is my problem with the most of the current generation of gamers. The "old" school gamers, those who remember Ultima Online, Tribes Online, SVGA Battletech, and the MUD gaming rooms. And even those who are older who remember when D&D was just D&D, and when Cyberpunk was more than just a genre of music. When we used to take up whole convention centers going to gaming conventions with minatures and figurines, bags of dice, and binders of character sheets, maps and graphs. When the guy dragging the cart behind him filled to the brim with books was the guy who was going to be running the campaign. Back when character death had REAL consequences, but now... NO!!! You meantion any harsh punishment for death and its like you have announced a Jihad on some childhood hero of theirs.

But let me step off my soapbox here.

This is exactly how i feel, some people here have never played a pencil and paper RPG game with friends and therefore only want "Super Mario Bros" of mmo, a nice linear progression from point A to Z where you level up save the princess and when you done they add "Super Mario Bros 2 Now with floating princess".

This game can be RPers heaven, same with Sims freaks, how ever its allot harder work and im talking about with what we have right now.

Hodo
04-06-2011, 03:26 PM
This is exactly how i feel, some people here have never played a pencil and paper RPG game with friends and therefore only want "Super Mario Bros" of mmo, a nice linear progression from point A to Z where you level up save the princess and when you done they add "Super Mario Bros 2 Now with floating princess".

This game can be RPers heaven, same with Sims freaks, how ever its allot harder work and im talking about with what we have right now.

I am glad I am not the only one that feels this way. I know a few others I know from other games feel the same way, but the loud PVP minority kids are the vast majority in most game forums.