PDA

View Full Version : Rather than delete this I would like a response

oneyedwang
03-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Last night guides improperly used the kick function. Whether this was intentional or not they inadvertently kicked off several zones worth of players.

The guide who preformed the kick is a new guide and while this could be considered an accident... This guide has also confirmed to other players in game that they are going into the mist and tracking and killing animals for their bones.

I would like to state that a number of times I personally have voiced concerns about the guide system and like before I would like to make clear there are very good guides out there. But the guide removed today is one of the guides who were a part of the problem but is not the guide I am speaking about above.

We need a lead guide or community relations manager who oversees these people.

This person cannot play the game as long as there is one server.

This person needs to have a log of all guide commands used and all trades/movement of resources in the game.

Guides should have set "coverage" times when they are to be on to assist players.
(some guides are abusing their privileges and logging on their guide account to summon/kill players)

Again a player supplied help system is a good thing much like atitd and eq. But there needs to be more checks in place on these people.

Armand
03-25-2011, 01:55 PM
I'd hate to have a guide as a tribal enemy...

oneyedwang
03-25-2011, 01:58 PM
I'd hate to have a guide as a tribal enemy...

I find this comment funny and supporting of my concerns considering the accusations made against your tribe in beta and the things said over that now infamous vent recording.

if this was somehow a threat? lol

Lily
03-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Regards
LeadGuideRaguel
Community Manager

Email: GuideRaguel@notorious-games.com

Considering he's the guy that responded to the last guide issue, seems the best one to send your screenshots and whatever to. Put a copy in the mmorpg thread too so we can see who's being a naughty boy ;)

Dirt
03-25-2011, 02:11 PM
How come all those players were booted last night? macroing? i sure hope so, that would be really cool. does anyone want to enlighten us please?

oneyedwang
03-25-2011, 02:16 PM
How come all those players were booted last night? macroing? i sure hope so, that would be really cool. does anyone want to enlighten us please?

From what information I have. A guide who I won't name, did attempt to boot some macro'ers but "accidentally" kicked off several zones worth of people.

AlexTaldren
03-25-2011, 02:17 PM
I find this comment funny and supporting of my concerns considering the accusations made against your tribe in beta and the things said over that now infamous vent recording.

Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter. And, believe me, you don't matter.

oneyedwang
03-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter. And, believe me, you don't matter.

Another combative statement from hopi...... perhaps you guys do have something to lose from this.

Dirt
03-25-2011, 02:26 PM
"From what information I have. A guide who I won't name, did attempt to boot some macro'ers but "accidentally" kicked off several zones worth of people."
Oopsy Daisy.

Jadzia
03-25-2011, 02:30 PM
From what information I have. A guide who I won't name, did attempt to boot some macro'ers but "accidentally" kicked off several zones worth of people.

Well he probably mistyped something lol. That happens, they are humans too...but at least the intention (kicking macroers) was good :)

Armand
03-25-2011, 02:32 PM

That "was not is" a threat buddy. I'm as concerned about the situation as anyone.

Niburu
03-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Macroes don't get kicked they get a 72h ban

Mitsarugii
03-25-2011, 02:37 PM
This person cannot play the game as long as there is one server.

Being a guide is an unpaid volunteer job for ppl in the community to apply for. Finding ppl outside of the game todo this job 20hrs a week unpaid would be a mission.

ifireallymust
03-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Anyone can go into the mists a certain distance without dying. If you want to hunt there, you can, you'll just have to keep an eye on your health bar, not to mention either have a good sense of direction, or such a bad sense of direction that you're lost whether you can see or not, like me!

orious13
03-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Next time just e-mail Raguel.

AlexTaldren
03-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Another combative statement from hopi...... perhaps you guys do have something to lose from this.

Get over yourself, mate. There is no guide/Hopi connection or favoritism. It's a myth, nothing more. Like the existence of Obsidian. Now, would you kindly move on.

oneyedwang
03-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Anyone can go into the mists a certain distance without dying. If you want to hunt there, you can, you'll just have to keep an eye on your health bar, not to mention either have a good sense of direction, or such a bad sense of direction that you're lost whether you can see or not, like me!

Guides cannot be killed, the inference we got was that they are not only hunting in the deep mist but can track the animals.

That "was not is" a threat buddy. I'm as concerned about the situation as anyone.

Fact is "buddy" your tribe has been surrounded by rumor on this matter and your initial statement was vague. I appreciate the clarification

In all honesty despite some of the hostility from hopi, this isn't a hopi matter it isn't an individual guide matter. This is a checks and balance matter "absolute power corrupts absolutely", even some of the best people will do things they shouldn't when there is little to no oversight.

Lily
03-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Well he probably mistyped something lol. That happens, they are humans too...but at least the intention (kicking macroers) was good :)

And the other point, where the guide is allegedly going into the mist to chase down critters for their bones?

niccoli00
03-25-2011, 03:06 PM
And the other point, where the guide is allegedly going into the mist to chase down critters for their bones?

Well it's probably ok if he wasn't using a macro.

xyberviri
03-25-2011, 03:06 PM
I really dont see what the big point if some one got kicked off the server, if you just log back in, the only people that should be complaining are people that macro.

ModMunkir
03-25-2011, 03:14 PM
This issue has been forwarded to the Lead Guide, and now closed