PDA

View Full Version : Who did I piss off?

ifireallymust
03-25-2011, 02:44 PM
My character has just been deleted.

I have not macroed, exploited anything in any way, harassed or said so much as a mean word to a single player, or done anything against any rule that I know of.

But my character screen is blank, with an option to create a new player.

So I guess I pissed someone off pretty good. That, or this is one helluva bug!

Burnt
03-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Why did you post this in prelude talk, and not the bugs section?
No need to announce it to the world like you are special or anything, you get enough attention as it is :)

Jadzia
03-25-2011, 02:48 PM
It must be a bug, and a scary one. Hope you will get it back asap.

ifireallymust
03-25-2011, 02:48 PM
No need to announce it to the world like you are special or anything, you get enough attention as it is :)

I just got the kind of attention I would certainly rather do without, pardon me for reeling in shock and posting in the wrong section. Brat. ;)

Burnt
03-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Nah, its ok buddy, If I lost my character I would probably have done the same :P

oneyedwang
03-25-2011, 02:52 PM
I just got the kind of attention I would certainly rather do without, pardon me for reeling in shock and posting in the wrong section. Brat. ;)

Rofl, do whatever helps. I'd be pissed off too

Dirt
03-25-2011, 02:57 PM
I suppose i could lend you one of my gazzillion accounts.....

Dontaze_Mebro
03-25-2011, 02:57 PM

I have not macroed, exploited anything in any way, harassed or said so much as a mean word to a single player, or done anything against any rule that I know of.

But my character screen is blank, with an option to create a new player.

So I guess I pissed someone off pretty good. That, or this is one helluva bug!

Do you have a room mate? I'd be duct taping them up and sticking ice picks under their fingernails to get answers.

niccoli00
03-25-2011, 03:01 PM
I have noticed that about half of the time logging in, I go to click on Enter and it selects delete. Just waiting for the time when I'm not paying attention and click yes.

I think my issue has something to do with running in windowed mode. I can have my mouse cursor over the select button, just above the middle point but delete is highlighted.

Personally I think the delete button should be moved, first. Then a system that requires you to type DELETE or your character name to confirm deletion.

ifireallymust
03-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Do you have a room mate? I'd be duct taping them up and sticking ice picks under their fingernails to get answers.

An appealing thought, considering the mood I'm in right now. But I'm the only one who has ever been on this account. Besides, I was sitting in this chair when I crashed, and still sitting in it when I finally got back online. Unless someone deleted my character from another computer, this was not an 'outside job'. Must be a crazy bug. Which will quickly drive me crazy if not fixed. I also get to worry about whether my location, with all my baskets, will still be there when I finally get my toon back.

If anyone has a roommate you don't especially want or care for, send them my way, I'm sharpening up the icepicks now.

Dontaze_Mebro
03-25-2011, 03:05 PM
I have noticed that about half of the time logging in, I go to click on Enter and it selects delete. Just waiting for the time when I'm not paying attention and click yes.

I think my issue has something to do with running in windowed mode. I can have my mouse cursor over the select button, just above the middle point but delete is highlighted.

Personally I think the delete button should be moved, first. Then a system that requires you to type DELETE or your character name to confirm deletion.

I deleted my guy once in beta. It happens in a heartbeat. They really need an "Are you really really sure?" tossed in there.

silverhaze
03-25-2011, 03:13 PM

you are a pretty rude person he pays to use forums as much as you do get a life

Dubanka
03-25-2011, 03:13 PM

This is absolutely correct. the delete button should be in a seperate corner by itself, not next to the select char and log in buttons.

ifireallymust
03-25-2011, 03:17 PM
I did NOT delete my character. She was there when I crashed and not there when I finally got back to the character screen.

kiwiitis
03-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Sorry hope it's sorted soon.Of course it was natural to post here GL.

bruisie159
03-25-2011, 03:27 PM
hehe it must be frustrating when everyone assumes you must have accidently deleted it! but then again maybe you did? No, honestly im sure its a bug :) or is it?

Sirius
03-25-2011, 03:31 PM

If that happened to me, I would post about it wherever I damn well pleased.

ifireallymust
03-25-2011, 03:34 PM
After reading the bug report section where someone actually was allowed to log on as someone else's character, I know it wasn't me that deleted her. Something major screwy is going on here in character selection land.

Burnt
03-25-2011, 03:34 PM
If that happened to me, I would post about it wherever I damn well pleased.

If you read the second post I made, you might have seen that i said I would have probably done the same. Was just pointing out that he should post in the bugs section if he had not already.

Dirt
03-25-2011, 03:35 PM
I headed over the mountain to check your land out Ifireallymust, and there was a pole there still. Everything looks good. Funny thing though, It said Reaver on it. Just kidding, i hope you will be resurrected directly. Good luck!

ifireallymust
03-25-2011, 03:36 PM
I headed over the mountain to check your land out Ifireallymust, and there was a pole there still. Everything looks good. Funny thing though, It said Reaver on it. Just kidding, i hope you will be resurrected directly. Good luck!

Ha ha damn, does that mean I now have myself on ignore?

Sabina
03-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Did you send in a copy of your crash log, there may be something in there that might indicate what happened to your character.

Sucks having to start again though!

Sirius
03-25-2011, 03:39 PM
If you read the second post I made, you might have seen that i said I would have probably done the same. Was just pointing out that he should post in the bugs section if he had not already.

Yes, I saw your second post. That needn't stop me from pointing out that your first post, which looked like a flame and not a helpful post ("No need to announce it to the world like you are special or anything, you get enough attention as it is"), was pointless and unhelpful. However, if you'd like to discuss this at length, by all means, let's begin.

sloffe
03-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Don't know if its related but between the crash and the shutdown I logged in to find a toon named Bordin or something standing there in my character screen. I restarted and got my character back. Your toon might also have been shifted to another account, hopefully he'll be back after the break.

ifireallymust
03-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Don't know if its related but between the crash and the shutdown I logged in to find a toon named Bordin or something standing there in my character screen. I restarted and got my character back. Your toon might also have been shifted to another account, hopefully he'll be back after the break.

I restarted several times, but no character has returned. Some baffled player who ended up with my character on their screen could have deleted her hoping to have theirs back, I suppose.

sloffe
03-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Yeah my first impulse was to delete, then I thought "what the hell" and tried to enter the game as Bordin just to see if I could but the enter button wasn't active. So I relogged and got my character back but it took about 30min to login and I only had 3 min before the server shutdown. Good luck anyway.

ifireallymust
03-25-2011, 04:04 PM
She's still gone, so this really sucks. I don't know if I should make a new character and at least try to go plant a totem so I can protect my baskets, or if I should just wait.

Jadzia
03-25-2011, 04:13 PM
She's still gone, so this really sucks. I don't know if I should make a new character and at least try to go plant a totem so I can protect my baskets, or if I should just wait.

The devs should recover your character from the backup files, or if they are not able to they should give you the stats/skills/recipes you had before, teleport you to your totem and help to get it back.This is the minimum in case of character loss which should never happen in a game.

ifireallymust
03-25-2011, 04:16 PM
The devs should recover your character from the backup files, or if they are not able to they should give you the stats/skills/recipes you had before, teleport you to your totem and help to get it back.This is the minimum in case of character loss which should never happen in a game.

Good to know, thanks! I'm not in a panic quite yet, and I already got an email and a pm about it from staff, too. So they're quick. My biggest worry over having to start over would be that the thought of skilling up scavenging to a useful level a second time does not appeal!

Lily
03-25-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm sure there's some people around that can help you macro that ;)

ColonelTEE3
03-25-2011, 09:09 PM

I'm sorry but i just had to reply to this.

I know a lot of the macroers are pvpers and want safe zones gone ASAP.
Guess what, cheaters?
No.

Ban them, or make sure we all have a chance to catch up before their cheating gives them a real edge, please.
I prefer banning, myself. Wish it were up to me.

If you macro, I hope you get banned.

If you don't get banned, I at least hope you never, ever get any pvp anywhere you go. You don't deserve it. You deserve to have nothing to do with your combat skills, and I for one will be sure to give you nothing to do with those skills.

If I know you macro, or your tribe macros, I won't fight you, and I'll stay far away from you when you're out looking for a fight. Enjoy your boredom, cheaters.

Yeah, you're a real pocket full of sunshine.

Saorlan
03-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Please post in the Bugs section, or email bugs@notorious-games.com

Your character would never be deleted by Staff.

Oops Mod fail - post not moved and not locked. Oh dear Mr. Raguel.

Redus
03-26-2011, 02:14 AM
IYeah, you're a real pocket full of sunshine.

I do not see how this is mean. It would be mean if he state he does not want to play with certain people because of there age or color of the skins. He prefer people who break the TOS to be banned.

Bear5732
03-26-2011, 02:37 AM
I do not see how this is mean. It would be mean if he state he does not want to play with certain people because of there age or color of the skins. He prefer people who break the TOS to be banned.

Maybe ColonelTEE3 is the guy he pissed off..

Risk
03-26-2011, 05:03 AM
....me.....

there 10 chars

redrazor
03-26-2011, 07:00 AM
Yes. I also stand by someone who actually wishes people who macro and try to exploit the game be banned.

Unfortunetly, the Guide's comment states that staff does not delete characters, wich is a shame.

Also, its a shame to see a person that refuses to macro even get this bug. It would be an excelent chance for Karma to actually delete a character who has macroed and see the guy come up on the forums crying for his wasted 84379474 hours of AFK/watching tv gameplay.

Unfortunetly, this was not the case.

Anyway, OP, any news on this matter. Has it been solved?

ifireallymust
03-26-2011, 11:14 AM
I got my character back, rather quickly and with good timing (I happened to the email telling me she was restored a few minutes before I was ready to login to play today). Nothing was missing except a craft knife that I had no trouble replacing, so I'm very happy, and thank you, devs!

Jadzia
03-26-2011, 11:21 AM
I got my character back, rather quickly and with good timing (I happened to the email telling me she was restored a few minutes before I was ready to login to play today). Nothing was missing except a craft knife that I had no trouble replacing, so I'm very happy, and thank you, devs!

Yay very good news, so happy to hear you got it back !

ifireallymust
03-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks, Jadzia! Me too! :)

The safe zone cannot save you from your own fumbly fingers, carebear.

Except I didn't delete my character, pvp brat!

d3m0nd0
03-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks, Jadzia! Me too! :)

Except I didn't delete my character, pvp brat!

To be a PvP brat wouldnt one have to be able to PvP? From what i see hes a fail troll brat :)

GuideEzekiel
03-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Issue resolved, so locking.