PDA

View Full Version : *a posted notice for Argentum Vex*

Angyll
04-01-2010, 06:41 PM
http://b-losers.com/images/AVwantadcaligwithlogo.jpg

Visit the Main Office (http://www.argentumvex.com/xsyon/)

main office is being temporarily remodeled, please contact management directly

((Argentum Vex is a heavy RP group with a focus on trade/business. We have established base of operations near Round Hill. You can contact Jezra or Eusi in game. Look forward to meeting up with you!))

Ivan Streptovsky
04-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Interesting presentation method.

Is this an existing gaming clan or just now made for Xsyon?

Angyll
04-01-2010, 08:16 PM
The company has been around for quite some time, although we had decided to relocate in the Tahoe basin once when the opportunity first presented itself. Too good of an opportunity, and just the environment many of us have been hoping for. Ya know, fresh air, lakeside property...-chuckles-

((AV has been around as a gaming group for many years. While we are not huge, we focus on a great experience for our members. As a group, we were actually primed to head into a couple different games, but decided against them when their promised features that lured us did not materialize. We have been seeking a world to settle in again and meet great new friends, although we still have current members in 3 other games. That said, some are excited to come set up shop in the Tahoe basin. Feel free to read up more about us here (http://www.argentumvex.com/xsyon/?page_id=43), or just join in with us for a drink (http://www.argentumvex.com/xsyon/).))

Angyll
04-02-2010, 01:31 PM
-sets up a table and settles in with a canteen-

Well, let's get this job fair started. All set to answer any an all questions others might have about the company.

Cradlejoe
04-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Angyll wrote:

-sets up a table and settles in with a canteen-

Well, let's get this job fair started. All set to answer any an all questions others might have about the company.

What's the pension plan like?

Angyll
04-02-2010, 04:37 PM
As the business grows in this new market, we will be able to increase our benefits, including a company town, cheap goods and services. As for a pension, that won't become eligible until an employee has been with us for some time.

Eusi
04-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Just to reinforce a bit of what Angyll said, I have been with AV for quite a bit now and can attest to it being a great organization.

Anyone looking for a tightly knit, community oriented tribe, feel free to contact us! We are very much looking forward to being a part of the Xsyon community, and working together with it's members.

Angyll
04-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Just to answer a couple of questions I've gotten, am going to steal a couple phrases from our site.

What will you be doing in game? Many things!

AV has three departments within the company: Acquisitions (information, rarities, antiquities); Production & Delivery (crafting/transportation); and Security (fighters, muscle). The company supports a wide variety of business endeavors within these departments.
~

The company utilizes a wide variety of skills and employs a varied workforce: Cartographers, crafters, merchants, security, caravans, material and information gatherers, shop and inn keepers, and treasure hunters are just an example. The Ajani entertain creativity in acquiring profit.

Basically, as a group we encourage people to play what they love. Some love to craft, some love to explore (ME!), some love to sit around in town and run a successful business. Our model is meant to incorporate all the many facets of the game within a framework--something to build together.

We plan to run a business, buying and selling goods, information, hired muscle, etc. Make a name for ourselves. We plan to make agreements and build up the community as a whole. own a town and offer things to do. We welcome heavy RP'ers and newcomers alike.

From our Mission Statement:

AV’s Xsyon chapter exists to promote fun, fellowship, and in-depth immersion through the running of a “family-style” business. AV designs to use the full spectrum of economic opportunities within the world to increase in wealth and power. We believe role-play is a natural part of the world; role-play and story arcs will be prevalent as a natural extension of living and breathing in the world. While we do not espouse highly scripted, dictated story arcs, we will provide opportunity, interaction, and even mentoring, to help facilitate immersion and personal story development along with the growth of the family business. As life progresses in the Tahoe basin, so shall AV. AV offers a framework in which your character can relate to the world, but how you develop from there is your own work!

We do not place restrictions on members in terms of abilities, affiliation, or back-story. We ask only that members respect the premise of AV and conduct themselves with honor (as players!), refrain from naming their characters inappropriately, and respect other players.

Now I know for some people, the idea of deep role-play is a bit unnerving. Basically, when I game I hope to be immersed in the game. That just means I want to explore, delve in, and take part in things of interest in game--not listen to debates about health care reform in 2010. And not deal with drama. -shudders- In AV, we strive to make it a fun game time, advancing each others goals. And having fun.

Isn't that what gaming is about? Oh, that and total pixel world domination!

darksideslight
04-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Sign me up.

Angyll
04-03-2010, 09:43 PM
darksideslight wrote:

Sign me up. Looking forward to having you in Xsyon!

Reokon
04-06-2010, 04:22 PM
(I like where you guys are taking this. Xsyon definitely needs more roleplaying groups like yourselves, and if I weren't already involved in the Union I'd give serious thought to joining Argentum Vex, good stuff.)

Virtus
04-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. My Name is Virtus, I'm the local law in these parts. I take it you came in with last nights caravan? Glad to see you made it in safely, things aren't looking good out there and I fear it is only a matter of time till...

But enough of that. Welcome to the Tahoe Basin, finest water around or so I hear. I can assure you you are plenty safe here and we have quiet a few good men to make sure of that. But I see you have your own -nods in the direction of the gentlemen baring arms- Can't hurt to have more though.

Angyll
04-06-2010, 04:41 PM
((Well, thank you muchly Reokon! our groups has long longed for a new world to take root in, instead of games to just pass the time away. We were estatic to find Xsyon.

And AV has no intention of being inclusive--we will be building the community (RP and otherwise) as a whole. We have plans to make our area known for its businesses, as well as run a tavern, inn, host and run different events, and most definitely network with other tribes! We hope to make trade agreements, contacts, allies, and welcome competitors as well.

I believe a community can make a game for players and get people through the rougher times. A bad community can also make people drift away form an otherwise great game. We aim to help build the former.

Look forward to working with you in game. Good contacts are valuable!))

Angyll
04-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Virtus wrote:

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. My Name is Virtus, I'm the local law in these parts. I take it you came in with last nights caravan? Glad to see you made it in safely, things aren't looking good out there and I fear it is only a matter of time till...

But enough of that. Welcome to the Tahoe Basin, finest water around or so I hear. I can assure you you are plenty safe here and we have quiet a few good men to make sure of that. But I see you have your own -nods in the direction of the gentlemen baring arms- Can't hurt to have more though.

*smiles, a polite nod to the man named Virtus*

Ah, pleased to meet a local lawman. Your services are certainly a cornerstone of our communities. Anything we can do to help the "boys in blue", just let us know. AV aims to meet any need. All above board, of course! *smiles broader*

Virtus
04-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Angyll wrote:

Virtus wrote:

*smiles, a polite nod to the man named Virtus*

Ah, pleased to meet a local lawman. Your services are certainly a cornerstone of our communities. Anything we can do to help the "boys in blue", just let us know. AV aims to meet any need. All above board, of course! *smiles broader*

of course *with a insinuating tone*

Hopefully we won't need your help for a long time *looks between the gaps in the mountains as if expecting something any second*

Anyway, you look like your busy, I won't keep you waiting.

Good day ma'am. tips his hat

Angyll
04-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Virtus wrote:

of course *with a insinuating tone*

Hopefully we won't need your help for a long time *looks between the gaps in the mountains as if expecting something any second*

Anyway, you look like your busy, I won't keep you waiting.

Good day ma'am. tips his hat

*chuckles*

Must keep you on duty too long, if you're mistaking me for a sir. Perhaps you are in need...let's see...a pair of spectacles perhaps? Or simply some refreshment for your parched and weary body. We have a selection...

Virtus
04-06-2010, 05:40 PM
((Not sure what your talking about :P ))

Angyll
04-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Virtus wrote:

((Not sure what your talking about :P ))((sneaky moderator man!!!!!!!! :silly: ))

Angyll
04-25-2010, 07:32 PM
((my apologies to those of you who were contacting me via the site--my harddrive tanked very bad last week and just now have new stuff in and installing. I will be getting with you as soon as possible! ))

Angyll
05-14-2010, 01:13 PM
AV has current ground floor positions on with room for quick advancement for the following positions:

In Aquisitions:
* resource gatherers
* explorers
* guides
* treasure hunters
* information gatherers

In Production:
* crafters
* shopkeepers
* caravan leaders

In Security:
* skilled fighters
* tactical advisers
* bodyguards

Please speak visit the main office (http://www.argentumvex.com/xsyon/) or speak with Angyll for further details.

Angyll
08-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Positions still open for enterprising individuals. Apply today!

Angyll
03-07-2011, 03:50 AM
While we have been keeping undercover... I mean, quietly doing legitimate business, we are opening our doors back up to the public. Please forgive us that the office is temporarily closed for remodeling, but be assured we will respond promptly to any business or employment opportunities.

We look forward to hearing from any who think they have what it takes.

Angyll
03-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Argentum Vex has set up a base of operations in Round Hill. All who are interested in getting in on a ground floor position, please contact! We will meet up with you.

((updated the main post with location))

Angyll
03-12-2011, 02:05 AM
For all who are looking for a smart opportunity on the ground floor of a business, please contact Jezra or Eusi. Don't forget, at AV, we aren't just about the bottom line; we're family!