PDA

View Full Version : Animals??

Horus
03-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Some tribe mates and I traveled at least 20 zones today and did not see 1 animal. The spawn rate or spawns need to be increased greatly. I want to be a hunter/pvp. I do not want to craft all day. With pvp being less than desirable right now I want to go kill a rabbit. Since release I have only killed 1 coyote.

billpaustin
03-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Agreed, have encountered no animals in many zones. Killed one.

Animals should respawn according to size: rabbits should be numerous and always present. Coons should be common. Deer and coyotes should run in packs, and stay populated. Bears should be rare and very tough.

rajaxone
03-26-2011, 06:34 PM

Animals should respawn according to size: rabbits should be numerous and always present. Coons should be common. Deer and coyotes should run in packs, and stay populated. Bears should be rare and very tough.

agreed, right now animal spawn rates are terrible.

blake378
03-26-2011, 06:36 PM
already signed one of these posts and will sign this one animal spawn rate needs a drastic overhaul

Chile
03-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Animals? There's animals in this game?

wirerzo
03-26-2011, 08:31 PM
It's disappointing right now. One of my favorite things to do in beta was to go animal tracking and maybe get a little pvp, at least when I first started. It is not possible now. I have spent quite a few hours just running around looking for something to kill and I have now given up. Sucks too, because I need some animal parts for my craft.

Armand
03-26-2011, 09:30 PM
More animals = more hunters = more random encounters = more pvp = win

Millstone
03-26-2011, 09:33 PM
You think? Yeah, I waster an hour running around looking for animals. I am really trying to be a Bonecrafter, but it is pretty hard without bones.

billpaustin
03-26-2011, 09:51 PM
I spent an entire evening exploring some far mountains, next to the mist. I never saw a person, and never saw an animal either.

Let's add another couple basics:
1) coyotes and raccoons can live among humans. They should spawn among them, at a rapid rate.
2) deer will come down to water in the evenings, or at least once a day
3) bears will head to junk piles at night. It is common to see bears going through the trash bins at night around where I live.

Belchonok
03-26-2011, 10:42 PM
I spent an entire evening exploring some far mountains, next to the mist. I never saw a person, and never saw an animal either.

1) coyotes and raccoons can live among humans. They should spawn among them, at a rapid rate.
3) bears will head to junk piles at night. It is common to see bears going through the trash bins at night around where I live.

Y'know , it's so...depressing to see posts like this on Xsyon forum. Community got all the great ideas to fix if not latency/lag , but gameplay so it would be bearable and fun to explore. Tons of fresh and good ideas , and not so hard to implement them (if you've got tools and experience to do it).
Is there any way to forward this post to devs so it will be implemented?

1) not just among people. coyotes and racoons may live on their own too , so just measure entire map with squares of (for ex) 200-200 and place spawn in each
2) hard to code and handle after coding. Better make them spawn somewhere near lake or river and then wander around (70% will go away from water , 30% get stuck near water).
3) what bear forgot in a scrap pile of plastic, metal, leather (!) and cloth? That feature makes no sense for creature that survived atomic war. Would be nice to put them like deers near water (bears fishing in rivers , makes sense) , but will overcrowd watery areas with deers using same logic)

mrcalhou
03-26-2011, 10:45 PM
for creature that survived atomic war.

You did read the lore right?

Belchonok
03-27-2011, 12:17 AM
You did read the lore right?

Oh yeah. War AND mutated creatures and gods from another dimension. Silly me.

Freyar
03-27-2011, 01:25 AM
As it is, the world feels very static and lifeless. Don't get me wrong, that may be something that the devs are going for, but that doesn't make for a fun or interesting game.

Juniper
03-27-2011, 01:49 AM
Guess I was lucky, on my first day I encountered and killed three animals. Haven't seen any since, but haven't really left my homestead anyway.

Redus
03-27-2011, 02:27 AM
As it is, the world feels very static and lifeless. Don't get me wrong, that may be something that the devs are going for, but that doesn't make for a fun or interesting game.

Very static? I mean I understand the lifeless part, but static? You have seasons, you can terraform, your can chops trees and remove rocks. The world feels all but static to me. Anyhow to animal need to be fixed yes, but not sure if already implemented but does it not work like this. The more animal in a certain area of the same type the faster they will spawn there? Meaning that if we keep hunting them the spaws stay slow?

Koll
03-27-2011, 03:23 AM
Its winter; ze animals are azleep.

Chile
03-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Its winter; ze animals are azleep.

You are right, I forgot... deer, raccoons, coyotes, etc. all hibernate during the winter. My bad!

Horus
03-27-2011, 09:49 AM
I agree with all of you. Also animals are pretty smart. If there was an apocalypse and this was pretty much the only forested territory left this place would be packed with furry little creatures.

Iceman
03-27-2011, 09:54 AM
in the begging of the prelude animals where everywhere and i loved it then it seemed like they just deleted them all stopped the spawning and left us with 1 spawning an hour. i know they say they ran into the mist but did they start spawning there too?

vorg
03-27-2011, 11:42 AM
You are right, I forgot... deer, raccoons, coyotes, etc. all hibernate during the winter. My bad!

Umm, I don't think deer and coyotes hibernate. Bears, yes, racoons, I think so.

orious13
03-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Last night I killed two bears pretty close to my area.

I think after they move the mist you will be able to find some nice hunting areas. I still don't think they've turned on the creatures at maximum yet with the 16 other creatures they have.

Dade512
03-27-2011, 12:50 PM

I think both of these are good ideas.

blake378
03-27-2011, 06:08 PM
well after the server shutdown today ive killed 2 mule deer 2 raccoons and a bear and then got killed by 3 mule deer + a raccoon + a bear so either they spawned on server reset of they fixed animal spawn