PDA

View Full Version : Why this game fail.

xsuman80
03-27-2011, 06:12 AM
So. Sorry for my bad English. I really mad - becouse after week of play is nothing to do in this game.
This is my thread why this game is fail.
1. No pvp - now it WORST pvp system in ALL games.
2. No real craft. Craft now is grind boring actions. When you choose basket craft as main craft you gain BEST advantage in craft system. Why? Becouse only in this way you can craft baskets. In all other craft you can maxed it and get all sets just grind scrap land. And NO ONE BASKET RECIEPE DROP.
3. Terraforming
a) 1 lvl and 99 lvl - NO DIFFERENCE.
b) grind exp fo free using macro (just stand and use build road or clear land).
c) cant do anything whith rock area - and you cant know about it BEFORE you place totem and start terraforming.
d) exploit of noending dust standing in 1 point (I describe this to dev team in support section and dont tell who dont know it yet).
4. Camera - WORST CAMERA. All modes are bad. And some visual bugs when using first person view.
5. Control - this whole thread about it - look at it - whith most I agree.
6. Safe zones broke whole section of gameplay - you can be killed in anymoment and you dont be informed about entered to someones land - only when scavenging on it or try doing something same. It pvp exploit - when tribes get big area and kill any who enter to this land WHITHOUT any chance to kill attackers.
7. No mobs - animal SO sparadic, so wheak, their animation, pathfinding and AI bad as shit.
8. No real exploration - small area have same types - only water (lake or river), grassland, mountain (boulder), scrap lands and forests. If you seen it in 1 place - you dont get new in another.
9. MAIN - NO CONTENT. There nothing to do - only build sand castle, grind boring craft (where 50 types of it????), do worst pvp ever.
10. No real economic - only basketseller get advantage. Other craft useless (maybe some tools for new comers - but system when you gain all in craft just grinding).
11. No conquest. If someone build totem and dont play - you cant use this land (see many empty scrap field in mountain - that you cant use - and owner dont play (I`m sure whith it).
12. Fishing boring. And in another crafts - no minigames - and it boring. We not all korean - so we dont like grind this method.
13. Performance problems (some area laggy after 2 weeks of release), fps drop and lagspike when change area.
14. STUPIDEST sector square system. They so lazy to name it - and only give numbers. I`m not an army man and I dont want orientiried in word remember tons of numbers. I want normal names for areas.
15. Not working eat-drink system.
16. Tons of bugs, dozens of exploits, crashes, lags.

THIS IS NOR RELEASE GAME. THiS BETA.
SO plz return all money to your subscribers. Made game really intresting and AFTER THIS RELEASE!
Prelude system is horrible.
It only work when you have good basic contant for ALL players - not only for low-lifer grinder korean type players. And when you add something new every day.
I love this game whole week and HATE it now. And I`m one of half you buyers of Xsyon.
FAIL.

Aethaeryn
03-27-2011, 06:30 AM
Just two things.

1) I don't think they want it to be easy to find your way around. . that is why there is no in game map. So sector numbers are fine with me.
2) How does the eating and drinking "not work"?

scambammer
03-27-2011, 06:33 AM
Why are you looking for content in a sandbox that is not sand?

ModMunkir
03-27-2011, 06:36 AM
This thread is one persons opinion and I am going to leave it, Please do not degernate this into a flaming session, or it will be closed

Thank You

ModMunkir

xsuman80
03-27-2011, 06:39 AM
Just two things.

1) I don't think they want it to be easy to find your way around. . that is why there is no in game map. So sector numbers are fine with me.
2) How does the eating and drinking "not work"?

1) You loke numbers in names - I dont. And most dont like. Or all countrys and geografical names must be been as 42314 - as Germany, 532 as Europ or 1 as Earth. Did you want live in world where all geografical names are numbers?
2) I 6 day was full filled all time (have tons of fishes) - and no increase of wight. And when I full stomach I run in such speed as emty stomach - this is stupid - why add in game eat-drinking if it not involve in game process.

Redus
03-27-2011, 06:40 AM
3. You use less stamina whole terraforming if you have more points in it.

14. That's just silly. The zones might not have names, but the area's are named after how they are called IRL. Why would they need to give a name to a zone then as well? EDIT: Meaning you can actually get a real map and look at the area you are to find out where you are!

Yes the game has problems and well frankly I expected this! If you did not you then this must be either you first MMO or your simply ignorant. Even AAA games often have crappy and buggy released (AOC) and this is even worse for most indy developed MMO's. From all those I do believe this is the one of the few released that actually has a lot of features it promised and is actually pretty stable compared to some other released. I have not played EvE, but from what I heard the release was also pretty bad (Populated area's still lag like hell in EvE!)

Also....really what about the grind? I really did not have a big problem with it (Then again I never really have the urge to get max as soon as I can) and is not bigger then other games like this (even less because you can spend points you gain from doing other tasks!). I agree the game needs work and a lot of it. I recommend you to keep the game installed though and play it again the last free week and see the improvements. I expect there to be some and frankly it needs it. If there then still working on the performance and lag issues they not going to get a lot of subscribers.

Andius
03-27-2011, 06:40 AM
Prelude is a nicer way of saying, "We can't afford to continue developing without money, so we are going to have people pay for the beta."

Now I'm sure that may really piss off the more high strung people in the crowd, but oh well. I can see the improvements being made, and I am enjoying the game so far because I don't let the things I can't do yet bother me. Oh no! I can't have full scale wars the second the game is released!!! There is progress being made. Not as fast as the whiners would like but there are enough loyal members I think this game will get far enough to become something really good, and when it does, the people who are running away in tears right now, will come back. But well have one heck of a head start on them. ;)

bruisie159
03-27-2011, 06:41 AM
Well, you do speak some truth...

1. WORST pvp system in ALL games.

2. Craft now is grind boring actions. b) grind exp fo free using macro (just stand and use build road or clear land).
c) cant do anything whith rock area - and you cant know about it BEFORE you place totem and start terraforming.
).

6. . It pvp exploit - when tribes get big area and kill any who enter to this land WHITHOUT any chance to kill attackers.

7. No mobs - animal SO sparadic, so wheak, their animation, pathfinding and AI bad as shit.

8. No real exploration - small area have same types - only water (lake or river), grassland, mountain (boulder), scrap lands and forests. If you seen it in 1 place - you dont get new in another.

11. No conquest. If someone build totem and dont play - you cant use this land (see many empty scrap field in mountain - that you cant use - and owner dont play (I`m sure whith it).

12. Fishing boring. And in another crafts - no minigames - and it boring. We not all korean - so we dont like grind this method.

13. Performance problems (some area laggy after 2 weeks of release), fps drop and lagspike when change area.
Tons of bugs, dozens of exploits, crashes, lags.

Ive quoted the bits there that i agree with. I dont beleive basketeers get an advantage at all. Yes, they can trade baskets but thats what its all about. Other trades can also sell, ive really started to notice the benefit of crafted weapons and armour now.

Yes its a shame that the same resources (almost) are found all over the place, missed opportunity to create some movement and trade there) maybe in future that will be addressed.

Animal animations are terrible no doubting that and they are very scarce. I know they are supposed to be rare which is great but maybe at least racoons should be a bit more common!

All in all though i had a couple of week spell where i was starting to hate xsyon but this last week i have found a new love for it. WHen you start to look deeper in to whats happening there is a lot to do. We just need those that stopped playing cos of the lag to start coming back. I have set up a metal/cloth trading post and doing some hunting in my "spare time" and im enjoying it again.

You will get flamed of course, but really most people will agree with at least 50% of your points. Maybe though the game isnt for you, the potential is still there though.

xsuman80
03-27-2011, 06:45 AM
- Why are you looking for content in a sandbox that is not sand?

becouse I buy it. For 40 dollars. This cost for projects having a contant (sand). I`m not philanthropist - I buy product - not just gave money for nothing.
Such game must have trials. Or it only look - that they just want grab some money fast and then go to bankruptcy as it was whith APB and then just sell basic core to some big company. I hate such politics and now it looks like this.

bruisie159
03-27-2011, 06:51 AM
-grab some money fast and then go to bankruptcy as it was whith APB and then just sell basic core to some big company.

Jordy - Lightbulb moment!

scambammer
03-27-2011, 06:53 AM
Basketeers have a disadvantage imo....my tribe had no basketeer. We traded for an enormous bunch of baskets early and then didn't think of baskets again for more than a week....

- Why are you looking for content in a sandbox that is not sand?

becouse I buy it. For 40 dollars. This cost for projects having a contant (sand). I`m not philanthropist - I buy product - not just gave money for nothing.
Such game must have trials. Or it only look - that they just want grab some money fast and then go to bankruptcy as it was whith APB and then just sell basic core to some big company. I hate such politics and now it looks like this.

What am I suppossed to say to this? Don't spend money on something you are unsure of........??

xsuman80
03-27-2011, 06:55 AM
- it again the last free week and see the improvements.

Ah and about free weeks.
Look at my subscribtion info:

Monthly Subscription
03/17/2011 04/17/2011

So where you see free weeks? it 1 month. And 20 day after I cant play game if I dont pay it. So for me it is was LIE and about play time.
PS - I already add this to support and yet it not been fixed. So for ME I buy ONLY month of play. Exelent! I like be special...

cod3r_
03-27-2011, 07:08 AM
yeah they probably made all of 20k.. They headed to south america with our monies!!!! whatamaroon..

anyway.. they released the prelude.. lota shit aint in.. It's a time for you to build your tribe and claim your land because at some point you'll have to fight for it. Crafting is the same as it is in all games.. its very nature is grind. This craft system is a lot better than any of the other ones out there.. and it's the only game with true world building..

game has mad potential.. when they add a solid combat system and sieging it will be the most epic game out there.. just got to be patient..

Trenchfoot
03-27-2011, 07:11 AM
What Andius and cod3r said ^^

I've watched this game go from vaporware (it wasn't) to scam (it isn't) to highly elaborate con job (long way to go if you ask me). Its developer has survived and persevered vicious personal attacks on the web, ignored those people, stuck to his passion, and proved them wrong.

Through all of this I'd say the game deserves a chance to fail seeing as how far it has come. If you want to be a part of making it into something you'll love, welcome home. If you want a polished dream game, well some of us have been waiting for that since the early UO days.

The devs can't do it alone, they need us. So for you to come in and crap all over everything creates the scenario you describe, where indy devs sell out to big companies because no one will support them. You're in essence causing the problem we all hate. Try some constructive criticism.

Shouting Fail Ragequit only tells everyone you're angry/frustrated, and saying this and that or the other thing isn't done (aside from being something you'd think someone should already know, ever heard of buyer beware?), only tells everyone you want to lash out in your own form of revenge.

The fact that the mod left the thread in place is in part a testimony to them freely admitting where the game is currently at. It shows integrity to air your dirty laundry.

And cod3r is right. If they get this right it could be an all time classic groundbreaking in its genre MMO.

goofy3k
03-27-2011, 08:18 AM
I agree with the OP. I think it's funny that after he lists a load of true points about the game, the only thing people can post in reply is "how is the eating/drinking system not working". I mean, its like you are trying to defend the game so fervently yet fail to even address the other very real points he has made.

cod3r_
03-27-2011, 08:34 AM
I agree with the OP. I think it's funny that after he lists a load of true points about the game, the only thing people can post in reply is "how is the eating/drinking system not working". I mean, its like you are trying to defend the game so fervently yet fail to even address the other very real points he has made.

you failed to address that the devs told you this is how the game was before you bought it.. Did you and the OP just think they were lying?

xsuman80
03-27-2011, 09:15 AM
you failed to address that the devs told you this is how the game was before you bought it.. Did you and the OP just think they were lying?
Yes and we waiting 2 weeks. And NOTHING added. As it was before - it stayed. Lags-performance is good - but I dont play only becouse it lesser lags. Its stupid motivation becouse most games have no or little lags.

Dade512
03-27-2011, 09:20 AM
I have to disagree with most of what the OP had to say. For example, it does tell you every time you enter new territory. There is no way you can't know you're on someones land. The content is player made, we knew this before ever getting into game. Level of skill really does make a difference, and I'm sure will have greater impact once item quality and decay are active. Also, I'm not sure if he was saying he leveled by macroing or was complaining about macroers. Also, basket weavers are not the only ones making trades, I see a lot of trade where we are. Also, I saw a guy with a basket recipe for trade, he was just asking a lot for it.
Really, it seems like the OP just didn't look to far into the game before buying.

wulvgar
03-27-2011, 09:24 AM

yep biggest reason most my tribe has quit and lots of others. The fact they only slap you on the hand if you macro is just another Darkfail

Dade512
03-27-2011, 09:30 AM

yep biggest reason most my tribe has quit and lots of others. The fact they only slap you on the hand if you macro is just another Darkfail

It's a warning then a ban, that's something. But as much as it's dependant on GMs finding macroers, players also need to report suspected macroers.

Salvadore
03-27-2011, 09:39 AM
Oh look...ANOTHER thread with the #1 complaint being pvp/combat....

I agree completely. Hopefully, someone at the top will actually realize that a few simple tweaks and bandages will stop the massive leak in exiting players involving this matter.

game has mad potential.. when they add a solid combat system and sieging it will be the most epic game out there.. just got to be patient..

This is the only reason im still here. Im sitting in for all the other players of all the other communities im involved with praying that a game like this ACTUALLY happens. However, patience is but tolerable only for a matter of seconds in the MMO world. Too many have been burnt by too many other games to consider giving anyone a chance or have patience.

Potential, although possibly the strongest "selling point" in an MMO game, is totally useless whenever an MMO is written-off as another /fail project. People generally dont return after the initial burn.

Added after 6 minutes:

It's a warning then a ban, that's something. But as much as it's dependant on GMs finding macroers, players also need to report suspected macroers.

This is all an oxymoron.

Nobody is really "exploring" like the op has said.
Nobody is actively pursuing pvp, due to safezones.
Safezones promote macroing, and are exploitable.
Player A cant do shit about player B macroing in player B's safezone, besides /report.
/report to a Dev team/Guide team that are already overwhelmed.
Combat is /fail, thus neuter the majority of ideas behind leaving safezone.
No real benefit to having max skills in everything, as to nothing, besides neat clothing/weapons that do nothing.
Thus, /reporting macroer has NO POINT WHAT SO EVER.

The End.

*I guess that IS something people can log in to do - walk around and try to find macroers to report!

xsuman80
03-27-2011, 09:40 AM
People generally dont return after the initial burn.

This. I have in DF character costed 700-900 dollars and have exelent stats. But I throw it - becouse for me DF stand stagnating project and not evolve. I easy trow Xsyon if it not add content in this month. I DONT CARE what going in summer now. I pay NOW and whant play NOW. And if I left Xsyon whith me left about 40 peoples becouse I have right arguments to explain for them WHAT the game are Xsyon.
So Dev must sole his souls to Devil, or rent millions proggrammers to add content QUICK. OR they just loose their base. And from Summer many other most wanted projects start entered to release.

mrcalhou
03-27-2011, 10:03 AM
I agree mostly with what the op said. I'm hoping that eventually the devs will get rid of the needless grindy, click-wait systems and actually add content that isn't the same ole, same ole that we've been shoveled for the last decade.

It kind of baffels me that Eve-online is the only player-driven game that has gotten most of the game balanced and where there's actually a reason to explore and craft items. Yeah, Eve isn't perfect but it works a lot better then anything else on the market.

Dade512
03-27-2011, 10:04 AM
sal, your arguments are kinda poor besides the fact combat might need work. Safe zones aren't an excuse for no pvp when there is plenty of space outside someone land. And not reporting suspected macroers because you feel nothing will be done is just lazy, at the very least you tried. I know, tho, it's hard to type out a few letters on your keyboard.

Xsuman, really maybe before buying you should have seen what was active in the game NOW and checked into the state of the game so you would have known what you were buying. Tons of info on the forums so you could have been informed and not gotten into something you aren't happy with. It's hard to feel sympathy for you when so much info from people in game was available to read and decide if you still wanted to play.

PvP for example, he stated a while back that combat was going to be getting reworked.

joexxxz
03-27-2011, 10:16 AM
check out this idea about safe zones. Add one of yours

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/5982-Idea-for-SAFE-ZONES?p=71296&viewfull=1#post71296

xsuman80
03-27-2011, 10:28 AM
- Tons of info on the forums so you could have been informed and not gotten into something you aren't happy with.

When I buy game most infor was about beta and many things are not enabled in release. But they was in somehow in beta. So Why I need read millions of posts if I can open Feautures page of game read what in INGAME (no word about it BEEN IN FUTURE). I`m looking Videos, looking screenshots. I seen many Huntings, many builings, zombies battles. And no info for example - that this tent useless.
So I buy game and read - it Prelude and we add content soon. But for me 1 month is SOON enoth. Or I need wait another 128 years? I pay - work. This main for WHOLE WORLD RULE. And if you only telling how your work be splendid in future, but you boss dont see anything (or you clean your workinplace!) - how long you be worked on him? Why for games I must give many monthes to release all this? I pay NOW. Or maybe - let did such - WHEN XSYON TEAM RELEASE ALL THIS MENTIONED STUFF - ONLY THEN I PAY THEM. For me it fair.

Added after 8 minutes:

check out this idea about safe zones. Add one of yours

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/5982-Idea-for-SAFE-ZONES?p=71296&viewfull=1#post71296

too many algebra. I dont mind counting - but it too many.
I want rented system of safe zone. And in some started areas (if world become in 10 times bigger - it good if starting area be some safe zone from old players (but free pvp for any new subscribers). If you want made safe zone for you - you need work about deffence system - walls, pits whith something painfull, some guarders (mercenaries, slaves, pets) - but not virtual area on open field.
For save your items - some bank system to storing items but whith lillte chance to be conquared - and who gain - can recieve some procents of gaining items from owner (for returning) or if he not pay in some time (let say about 2 weeks) - he get all his conquared items. Or he can free return but recieve some honor system points - worked whith his aligment system and so on.
I really cant freely describe on English many things. And dont sure it needed to developers.

Melaquinn
03-27-2011, 10:36 AM
This game does have alot of potential. I have spend many in game hours completely enjoying my time. I have made friends, trade agreements, explored, crafted, killed animals. For my $40, I have gotten my monies worth of playing and still have free time left before I have to start paying for sub. One can easily spend that $40 on dinner and enjoy it for only a couple of hours at best. If you are really unhappy about the way the game plays, why come here and shout that it is 'this bad' 'that bad' 'the other bad'? I spent quite a bit of time reading the forums here and talking with people who had already bought the game and even with the problems that have happened in the last month, I am really not unhappy. The dev team is a very small group of people that I have seen busting their arse to get things working properly. As far as I see, you have 2 choices. Either find something to enjoy about the game as is or don't come back and play until the game is 'perfect' in your opinion. As for myself and my tribe, we are here for the long haul.

Dade512
03-27-2011, 10:38 AM
This game does have alot of potential. I have spend many in game hours completely enjoying my time. I have made friends, trade agreements, explored, crafted, killed animals. For my $40, I have gotten my monies worth of playing and still have free time left before I have to start paying for sub. One can easily spend that $40 on dinner and enjoy it for only a couple of hours at best. If you are really unhappy about the way the game plays, why come here and shout that it is 'this bad' 'that bad' 'the other bad'? I spent quite a bit of time reading the forums here and talking with people who had already bought the game and even with the problems that have happened in the last month, I am really not unhappy. The dev team is a very small group of people that I have seen busting their arse to get things working properly. As far as I see, you have 2 choices. Either find something to enjoy about the game as is or don't come back and play until the game is 'perfect' in your opinion. As for myself and my tribe, we are here for the long haul.

Very well said.

xsuman80
03-27-2011, 11:13 AM

All this water. You nothing mentioned about what have in game for play exept boring crafting, boring sandcastle building and boring exploration.
Tribes it is just community - you have nor wars, nor conquest, nor building real towns - only walls, walls, walls.
Name it all.
Not only - my husband work and I can spend his money as much I want.
For some 40 dollars for dinner entertainmant. For another space fly for millions is entertainment. And he dont spend many time in their buy pay in million times more. This is MMO world. In this world - 40 dollars is price for READY PROJECT. If you want - you can spend you dinner to Dev team - give them 40k dollars. You are rich girl)
Now Xsyon empty, loosing his subscirbers only word featured game. It is fact. What yours facts?

MeTaylorMe
03-27-2011, 11:22 AM
I think the euro guy is just broke. Hes mad he lost 40 bucks....And probably is just terrible at this game. This game is so basic atm, you should have read before you bought it!

orious13
03-27-2011, 11:38 AM
@Xsuman
I'd say that the devs know what the game needs. The thing is exactly as has been said.... no one blindfolded or tricked anyone into buying the game. All of what it is is right at everyone's fingertips. When I saw Prelude is 6+ months, I tried my hardest to figure out what prelude actually meant before buying. To me it just means the game will be finishing most of the initial not-so-existent content by 6+ months. It's kind of like playing an RTS and everyone's like "No-Rush! Building phase is XX months long" except the game isn't going to end.

@Someone else...forget the name...
Of course no one is going to say "I disagree with all of your points" to Xsuman. The game still needs a lot of things (maybe not really a lot, but some key things) to jump it up a few notches.

Salvadore
03-27-2011, 12:43 PM
sal, your arguments are kinda poor besides the fact combat might need work.

OK, on what grounds are my arguments "kinda poor"? Elaborate? I mean, I've already had this conversation in at least 10 other threads, but why not here? Elaborate for me, and lets make it an open minded debate instead of a blind argument.

Safe zones aren't an excuse for no pvp when there is plenty of space outside someone land.

...that nobody really has a need to go to. No animals. No real combat system or warfare. No way to enforce consequences besides naked monkey fighting. No loot due to permission baskets. Im sure about ALL totems are placed on or as close to junk piles as necessary. If not, go homestead one. If you are leaving your safe zone by your own accord, you are simply doing it wrong. Everything is provided right inside of one's own safezone, or can be created a safe zone as necessary.

At this point, its more than just an exploit. Its a crutch that the majority of the community is relying on simply to get skills higher (via macro or real-time button spamming) and horde wealth/resources. Of course, there are hurt feelings from someone pk'ing you as well, which seems to stem from the part of playerbase that has simply NEVER pvp'd before, or NEVER WON at pvp before....but thats ok, everyone is needed in THIS game.

And not reporting suspected macroers because you feel nothing will be done is just lazy, at the very least you tried. I know, tho, it's hard to type out a few letters on your keyboard.

Thats fine, call me lazy. But, like in my previous paragraph, I have highlighted why nobody (me/you included) really has a reason to leave one's safe zone TO EVEN LOOK FOR someone thats macroing. Ill just abuse the safe zone just like everyone else!

TBH, id prefer everyone to have a maxed out charater anyway...they might actually leave the totem and look for action...AKA COMBAT.

Xsuman, really maybe before buying you should have seen what was active in the game NOW and checked into the state of the game so you would have known what you were buying. Tons of info on the forums so you could have been informed and not gotten into something you aren't happy with. It's hard to feel sympathy for you when so much info from people in game was available to read and decide if you still wanted to play.

Bad thing about this is we are going to see much more of it. People are being "sold" with specific selling points that attract different niche crowds and then not delivered to due to the current "paid beta" model that so many other mmo's have already abused. It wont take long at all and people will simply quit buying this, and as we are currently seeing, the majority of current subscribers are hemhoraging out of the game. Pretty counter-productive if you ask me.

I dont think its HIS fault for not doing enough research, but i suppose we can all just put all the blame in his lap and just HOPE this game survives for awhile.../sarcasm

PvP for example, he stated a while back that combat was going to be getting reworked.

Yup, over a month ago, and stated "as soon as he gets comfortable with the code..." yet we've seen NOTHING supporting any evidence of this. Again, maybe they can do something productive besides the community saying "check back in a few months, this stagnation period was PLANNED (lol)" or, even worse "good riddance, this isnt the playerbase for you" or equivalent statement. Counterproductive imo.

joexxxz
03-27-2011, 12:55 PM
@Salvadore +5 ;)

Well said!

boomer0901
03-27-2011, 12:57 PM
I knew everything that was wrong, or that would be potentially wrong when I bought it, and if you would have spent some time on the forums you would have known it too. There is no such thing and will every be a fully complete MMO on launch or until it gets shut down. You have to have balance you can't just say fix pvp without making sure you have working gates on your sand castle. You can't have seiges without tribal war components or possibly religion (and archery!!). All in good time, how much time I'm willing to give before I see progress, I haven't determined that yet myself but we all have our limits.

Salvadore
03-27-2011, 01:02 PM
I knew everything that was wrong, or that would be potentially wrong when I bought it, and if you would have spent some time on the forums you would have known it too. There is no such thing and will every be a fully complete MMO on launch or until it gets shut down. You have to have balance you can't just say fix pvp without making sure you have working gates on your sand castle. You can't have seiges without tribal war components or possibly religion (and archery!!). All in good time, how much time I'm willing to give before I see progress, I haven't determined that yet myself but we all have our limits.

Great points, but they dont seem to be addressing the things that need addressed in order to remedy any of the current problems.

EG "expanding green mist" isnt even an issue that seems related to ANYTHING worthwhile in this game, but ignoring addressing pretty much everything you posted (balance, pvp, gates, seiges, tribal war, religion, archery) isnt seems counterproductive to keeping the game alive.

*Sure they are addressing the lag portions of the game, but then again, they should ALWAYS be doing that.

**Who in their right mind would PAY 15/month for the idea of "potential" rather than the visible proof of improvement? If you say youd buy for the "potential", then ive got something to sell ya!

Andius
03-27-2011, 02:20 PM
- it again the last free week and see the improvements.

Ah and about free weeks.
Look at my subscribtion info:

Monthly Subscription
03/17/2011 04/17/2011

So where you see free weeks? it 1 month. And 20 day after I cant play game if I dont pay it. So for me it is was LIE and about play time.
PS - I already add this to support and yet it not been fixed. So for ME I buy ONLY month of play. Exelent! I like be special...

Yeah, I wouldn't even expect the free time. I'm sure they could really use the money right now to help development costs. I've actually considered subbing a second account to let my friends try the game, and give them a little more $$$ to help keep this game better.

orious13
03-27-2011, 02:27 PM
EG "expanding green mist" isnt even an issue that seems related to ANYTHING worthwhile in this game, but ignoring addressing pretty much everything you posted (balance, pvp, gates, seiges, tribal war, religion, archery) isnt seems counterproductive to keeping the game alive.

Nah... I think expanding the green mist has many advantages.

The number one is that there will be more room for animals to grow. This means that closer to towns where animals are probably killed often (whenever they turn them on completely that is) will be fairly weak. Further away from the cluster of humanity I think the animals will be considerably more powerful by killing off other animals. Possibly even godly. Hopefully they have godly resources (Godly black bear round bone) in the future.

Secondly if they raise the mist they could easily make an area have obsidian or something and it can be "owned" by a tribe of zombies (thus you can't place a tribe and claim it). Then you will have PvPvEvCrafting all in one at that crazy area. That alone could be quite fun.......even with the current combat (but not with the current possible lag or fps problems others have). Spawn? If a player dies there that should equal 1 more zombie?

Thirdly, there's more exploration availiable.

If you want creatures or areas with more/rare resources and reasons to pvp, expanding the mist can give you this... and I expect creatures are one of the main reasons they want to expand the mist. It's not for the luls.

Then add in the fact that expanding the mist is being done by the artists (moreso) and almost everything else you mentioned requires coding, but the coders are currently working on game stability and possibly combat as well. Speaking about that coder. I have no clue what kind of "evidence" you're talking about. Them saying they have a guy who will be working on combat is telling you combat is one of the many priorities.

Salvadore
03-27-2011, 04:40 PM
The number one is that there will be more room for animals to grow. This means that closer to towns where animals are probably killed often (whenever they turn them on completely that is) will be fairly weak. Further away from the cluster of humanity I think the animals will be considerably more powerful by killing off other animals. Possibly even godly. Hopefully they have godly resources (Godly black bear round bone) in the future.

I thought they were having the problem of animals massing toward the green mist and it killing them? If so, expanding the map to make the green mist farther from the border is simply going to make them travel another zone or 2 before being killed by the same mist.

Secondly if they raise the mist they could easily make an area have obsidian or something and it can be "owned" by a tribe of zombies (thus you can't place a tribe and claim it). Then you will have PvPvEvCrafting all in one at that crazy area. That alone could be quite fun.......even with the current combat (but not with the current possible lag or fps problems others have). Spawn? If a player dies there that should equal 1 more zombie?

Of course they "COULD" add content...with coding, and balancing, and various other stuff. As great as this sounds (i likes) we both know thats quite a far ways off still. They can't even seem to get the 4 animals they have programmed into the game to work after all this time, so I doubt any of this is even logical in the near future.

Thirdly, there's more exploration availiable.

Again, this basically means nothing due to all stated above. Just more space causing more lag that does nothing besides lets people spread out more. I doubt we are having population issues judging by the amount of people that are /quitting en masse.

If you want creatures or areas with more/rare resources and reasons to pvp, expanding the mist can give you this... and I expect creatures are one of the main reasons they want to expand the mist. It's not for the luls.

Then add in the fact that expanding the mist is being done by the artists (moreso) and almost everything else you mentioned requires coding, but the coders are currently working on game stability and possibly combat as well. Speaking about that coder. I have no clue what kind of "evidence" you're talking about. Them saying they have a guy who will be working on combat is telling you combat is one of the many priorities.

They can literally add a million possible crafted items in this game; it would still be pointless without a legitimate use for said items. It doesnt matter if you can make over 50 weapons, 200 types of armor, and even entire cities whenever they have no point whatsoever besides looks and screenshots.

The "evidence" I speak of: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/3752-Mount-n-blade-Combat.?highlight=Mount+Blade+style+combat

*Like the ideas presented about pve->resources, but still quite a way off...and pointless if combat isnt addressed. People will obviously have to fight over zones, and with mobs, but not balanced simply means no fun.

Horus
03-27-2011, 04:43 PM
PVP needs more than "a little" work. The pvp is quite shit in the game. Most horrid sorry excuse for pvp I have seen in my life. I love fps skill based pvp. But running in circles hoping to hit, hit boxes that don't make sense. Or weapons like axes not having an actual weapon arc, the axe or club a weapon that you swing hits like you are thrusting it at someone.

I have tested all the weapons and none of them have an arc, they all hit like they are thrusting.

And the zone to zone lag is worse than loading up for an instance. Whose Idea was it to put all these meaningless zone boundaries?? Is there 20k people playing the game?? If I move through zones at a quick pace it seems I build up lag and a high fps.

Jadzia
03-27-2011, 04:57 PM
I thought they were having the problem of animals massing toward the green mist and it killing them? If so, expanding the map to make the green mist farther from the border is simply going to make them travel another zone or 2 before being killed by the same mist.

No, the problem is that the animals don't like crowded areas thats why they roam away.

The main issues are crowding of the Tahoe basin and driving creatures away from the starting zones too quickly.

Salvadore
03-27-2011, 05:14 PM
No, the problem is that the animals don't like crowded areas thats why they roam away.

The main issues are crowding of the Tahoe basin and driving creatures away from the starting zones too quickly.

Maybe they should just simply adjust the creature starting zones THEN focus on other stuff...

This is the exact reason my tribe moved a couple squares inland. They shouldnt be adjusting code simply because of the players desire to crowd certain areas. Get me? A tribe choosing to move into a more populated area should expect to see less creatures and wildlife...but see much more people.

It would be understandable to expect more creatures to be found along the rivers and forests rather than lakeside.

Jadzia
03-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Maybe they should just simply adjust the creature starting zones THEN focus on other stuff...

This is the exact reason my tribe moved a couple squares inland. They shouldnt be adjusting code simply because of the players desire to crowd certain areas. Get me? A tribe choosing to move into a more populated area should expect to see less creatures and wildlife...but see much more people.

It would be understandable to expect more creatures to be found along the rivers and forests rather than lakeside.

It was the players' starting zone he talked about, aka the whole map right now, not the creatures' starting zone. The creatures have no zone, they are supposed to mate and breed. The problem is that they need some free land to do so, and seems the area is too small for them, players kill them before they could breed and they can't find enough place to hide.

I guess the goal is what you described. Less animals in the crowded areas, much more out in the open spaces where the animals can breed in peace.

orious13
03-27-2011, 06:27 PM
I guess the goal is what you described. Less animals in the crowded areas, much more out in the open spaces where the animals can breed in peace.

This is what I'm expecting. And from this you will have hunting parties going out to find these creatures. If people go out to find them then they will be free to get pked. Lots of things can go right with just the removed mist. The other things I said could already be in game for all we know (an area with a lot of obsidian... guarded by numerous mobs and un-capturable).

@sal
Also you said causing more lag? I'm not sure how far you can go before you "fall off the world", but my thought was that they had a large area already (you can see pretty deep into the mist) and the mist being lifted means you can now enter that area. I get more lag in mist than out of it. That's for FPS and latency. If this is how it's built right now then removing much of the mist may actually improve performance in some areas.

Mobs aren't supposed to die in the mist. They are supposed to get mutated in it and come out as a mutated version of itself. I'm not sure if that's coming with the other 16 mobs or not, but that's why the mist doesn't kill them.

mgilbrtsn
03-27-2011, 07:30 PM
This thread is one persons opinion and I am going to leave it, Please do not degernate this into a flaming session, or it will be closed

Thank You

ModMunkir
but then we can't complain that you are keeping the community down!!! ;)

xsuman80
03-28-2011, 01:25 AM
Today I enter the game and I see fps frop to half and lagspike every 4-5 seconds.
This is shit! And game just a piece of shit. I dont want anymore spend time of this useless project. I demand return my money back and return money to all your subscribers and name it not prelude - THIS IS BETA FUCKING SHIT!
Made game playable - and only then SELL IT.
Worst sandbox game now in MMO.

caaahl
03-28-2011, 01:35 AM
I think i know you from the darkfall boards... same english, same moaning. ;)

Sabina
03-28-2011, 01:54 AM
Someone got out of the bed the wrong side this morning!

ModMunkir
03-28-2011, 02:04 AM
Today I enter the game and I see fps frop to half and lagspike every 4-5 seconds.
This is shit! And game just a piece of shit. I dont want anymore spend time of this useless project. I demand return my money back and return money to all your subscribers and name it not prelude - THIS IS BETA FUCKING SHIT!
Made game playable - and only then SELL IT.
Worst sandbox game now in MMO.

You have had your voice, and expressed your thoughts on the game, if you wish to discuss accounts issues please direct your browser to www.xsyon.com/support
As this thread seems to have now run it's course, I am closing it.

Thank you

ModMunkir