PDA

View Full Version : Super size high acruacy Xsyon map.

Chavoda
03-27-2011, 06:51 AM
Made this yesterday and is generosly hosted by www.bartertown.eu and http://www.FuismGaming.com

Its a map using the map data files from the game , extracted, puzzles together and zones add.
(bit bigger then we can access currently)
its resolution is nearly 10.000 by 10.000

the light web version can be found at http://www.bartertown.eu/?page_id=33 and http://www.FuismGaming.com/images/st...lated/map.jpeg

the 70mb size PNG version can be download here : http://www.FuismGaming.com/images/st...d/Nieuwmap.png

both are the same in size but the png has a better zoom rate whiteout quality loss.

this is the same png file but incl The Photoshop ZOOM utility, its kind of like Google maps but just for this file and off line, ( can ofc also upload it to your web page and use the map-done.html code ) See below

MAP ( PNG 66mb and JPG 10mb )
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BFIDUWUX

Zoom version
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K51LLVY8

Phayz
03-27-2011, 07:02 AM
Nice, thanks Sparrow

Trenchfoot
03-27-2011, 07:05 AM
Yes nicely done TY. I like that you can see the water better on this one.

Juniper
03-27-2011, 07:24 AM
Nice, first time seeing the game map, nice to know where my little homestead is situated. The world is definetly bigger than I though, I need to go exploring. Thanks for this!

Kroom
03-27-2011, 07:34 AM
Great work, many thanks!

darkbladed
03-27-2011, 08:41 AM
wow amazing thanks

sreckokovac
03-27-2011, 09:09 AM
exellent work by sparrow, he has done great service to xsyon.

I added the link to 70mb as well on site , i have missed that one stupid me.

cheers again

jumpshot
03-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Excellent map, nj!

Book
03-27-2011, 09:42 AM
This is exceedingly cool :D
Thanks!

Deacon
03-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Awesome map. Much thanks :)

Chavoda
03-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the comments people.

Add a 3th version ( ZOOM utility) version, forgot I played around whit that and saved it.

Carlos
03-27-2011, 11:04 AM
I like it very much, thank you! Time to go hunt greedy tribes.

Bluebizzer
03-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Very good job indeed. Downloaded the zoom version, and it's really nice.

Thanks!

vorg
03-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Download not available
The following download is not available:

http://rapidshare.com/files/454601264/maps.rar72184 KB

Unassigned file limit of 10 downloads reached.

sreckokovac
03-27-2011, 11:30 AM
heres zoom map link (http://www.bartertown.eu/datoteke/map-done.html)

Kropos
03-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Arggh! You've just signposted my isolated junkpile!! I had better set out my stall for the tourists :P

NIce map btw :)

EDIT: What is that circular structure below the label for 737? You can also see junkpiles in the mist in south areas of 657 and 658. And Mist bound Carson City has a motherlode of junk...

Cunk
03-27-2011, 12:20 PM
I wonder if everyone complimenting the OP realizes he just extracted this map from the game data. Well, the zone indicators have been added so there's an added value.

But frankly I'll be surprised if this thread is around for long.

Chavoda
03-27-2011, 01:29 PM
I wonder if everyone complimenting the OP realizes he just extracted this map from the game data. Well, the zone indicators have been added so there's an added value.

There always be haters :(

But eh, I add it to my post...

Khisk
03-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Can someone start seeding this on a torrent or can we get it reupped to a different server plox.

Jadzia
03-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Good job, Chavoda, thanks !

vorg
03-27-2011, 02:52 PM

I noticed that it was basicly an negative of a elevation map. If you load it to a paint program, take a nagitive to reverse it, then load into a program like leveller, you will have something of a 3d view of the world. It's not totally correct as the roads seem to all have the same level of grey and they should fade between light/dark based on elevation.

Also I say negative because normally when storing elevation data as a grey scale map, black is low and white is high.

furanku
03-27-2011, 03:10 PM
I like the map.

hrobertson
03-27-2011, 03:53 PM
What did you use to extract the PAK?

Please can we get the high res png uploaded somewhere?

The rapidshare link http://rapidshare.com/files/454601264/maps.rar is not working any more. "Unassigned file limit of 10 downloads reached."

Thanks

Chavoda
03-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Will upload them again in a bit..gona see if i can find a better host the rshare

furanku
03-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Will upload them again in a bit..gona see if i can find a better host the rshare

Chavoda I don't mind hosting it on FuismGaming if you want, just private message me if its something you are interested in.

Chavoda
03-27-2011, 04:26 PM

Zoom version

furanku
03-27-2011, 05:19 PM
http://www.FuismGaming.com/images/stories/Xsyonrelated/Nieuwmap.png

http://www.FuismGaming.com/images/stories/Xsyonrelated/map.jpg

I guess this site doesn't support png.. lol anyway sorry Chv its jpg.. not jpeg lol.

but here we are, :) all hosted for you.

http://www.FuismGaming.com/images/stories/Xsyonrelated/map.jpg

vazzaroth
03-28-2011, 02:08 AM
It looks like scrap piles have a specific color, but this whole thing is greyscale. Could someone get the high quality (to reduce .jpb gradient compression) one or the OP files and substitute that shade of gray with a better contrasting color?

sreckokovac
03-28-2011, 03:56 AM
There we go had to modify few things on server : file available for download as well: http://www.bartertown.eu/?page_id=33

NexAnima
03-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Decided to have a little go at this map, It has been scaled down due to upload size restrictions. There's is also a few discrepancies but I'll try to touch it up every once and a while.

http://www.maplib.net/map.php?id=12202&lat=-52.870787636268155&lng=35.99945068359375&z=9colored .png version full size

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6IM0GISV

Chavoda
03-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Decided to have a little go at this map, It has been scaled down due to upload size restrictions. There's is also a few discrepancies but I'll try to touch it up every once and a while.

colored .png version full size

Very nice work!

Aethaeryn
03-28-2011, 03:33 PM

colored .png version full size

817 is mislabeled. . there are two sectors listed as 815 on the map.

sreckokovac
03-28-2011, 04:21 PM
there ya go both files hoste B&W and Colored http://www.bartertown.eu/?page_id=33 at the bottom

NexAnima
03-28-2011, 04:25 PM
817 is mislabeled. . there are two sectors listed as 815 on the map.

Yea, I'll try and fix that, also updating map to include current mist boundaries.

sreckokovac
03-28-2011, 06:12 PM
no need to add mist ,map will be expanded soon

NexAnima
03-28-2011, 07:03 PM
no need to add mist ,map will be expanded soon

:/ do you know how much of a pain it was to get an accurate mist barrier...lol. How soon are we talking?

sreckokovac
03-29-2011, 12:45 AM
well if ya already done the job then put it in i gues, but i expect expansion in 1-2 months, if they dont break the game again

TrackerCathetel
03-29-2011, 12:50 AM
nice job guys

hrobertson
03-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Again can I ask:

What did you use to extract the PAK?

I've tried a few different PAK extractors but none worked. Or did you do it manually with a hex editor?

Thanks!

Cracky69
03-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Xsyon was designed to have no map. Why do we need this?

Look I realise I'm a minority disenting voice, but isn't this game supposed to be partly about discovery and exploration? When I first started playing I used to cross over the mountains and search for hidden away junk piles, or follow all the rivers looking for the quick ways between connecting points. But now what is the point?

Some people are already moaning there is not much to do in the game. But apparently killing this game for us explorers is great and everyone is cool with it. Is this going to happen again when the map is expanded?... well of course it is. I mean why bother even exploring, let's just use the map code and look at it directly. Want to know where the junk piles are, don't waste time in game doing it the slow way.

Why not stop there? Lets post where all the resources are, where all the Tribes are. Hell, lets have a real-time tracker that shows where all the online players are. Lets run an app to tell us the direction to run up a mountain to have most energy at the top... Why does everyone seem to want the whole game handed to them on a plate?

My only hope is that the developers think seriously about some form of decryption before they open up new areas.

I don't care that I sound like scrooge. The game was designed to have no map. This map (although impressive technically) is just one huge spoiler in my opinion.

Khisk
03-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Xsyon was designed to have no map. Why do we need this?

Look I realise I'm a minority disenting voice, but isn't this game supposed to be partly about discovery and exploration? When I first started playing I used to cross over the mountains and search for hidden away junk piles, or follow all the rivers looking for the quick ways between connecting points. But now what is the point?

Some people are already moaning there is not much to do in the game. But apparently killing this game for us explorers is great and everyone is cool with it. Is this going to happen again when the map is expanded?... well of course it is. I mean why bother even exploring, let's just use the map code and look at it directly. Want to know where the junk piles are, don't waste time in game doing it the slow way.

Why not stop there? Lets post where all the resources are, where all the Tribes are. Hell, lets have a real-time tracker that shows where all the online players are. Lets run an app to tell us the direction to run up a mountain to have most energy at the top... Why does everyone seem to want the whole game handed to them on a plate?

My only hope is that the developers think seriously about some form of decryption before they open up new areas.

I don't care that I sound like scrooge. The game was designed to have no map. This map (although impressive technically) is just one huge spoiler in my opinion.

Did anyone force you "explorers" to look at this map ? no.

Cracky69
03-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Did anyone force you "explorers" to look at this map ? no.

Of course we're not forced to look, but now no one is going to ask us in this Role Playing Game if there are any good sites for a homestead nearby. Or if we can help the PvPer with a good alternative route to a enemy tribe.

PvPers will have a place in the game. Let's have tanks to eliminate their worth.
Crafters have a place in the game. Let's start with everything to eliminate their worth.

How can you not see that by posting the map it immediately changes the way that EVERYONE will play?

Khisk
03-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Pvpers by nature will always look/do whatever gives them a competitive edge, if anyone was going to RP with you they still will.

NexAnima
03-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Of course we're not forced to look, but now no one if going to ask us in this Role Playing Game if there are any good sites for a homestead nearby. Or if we can help the PvPer with a good alternative route to a enemy tribe.

PvPers will have a place in the game. Let's have tanks to eliminate their worth.
Crafters have a place in the game. Let's start with everything to eliminate their worth.

How can you not see that by posting the map it immediately changes the way that EVERYONE will play?

Sorry to ruin your fun, No really... I guess you won't like the fact I am currently detailing this map at 800 times its current size, which will allow you to zoom in farther with a cleaner image.

biophazer242
03-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Cracky69 I can understand your feelings on the issue but did you really expect this to not happen? Frankly I am surprised it took this long. This is not much different than people creating the database of sets and recipes and such. At least you still have no in game compass or map showing your location.

dxwarlock
03-30-2011, 01:53 PM
I am currently detailing this map at 800 times its current size, which will allow you to zoom in farther with a cleaner image.

800x? so your making a 8,000,000 x 8,000,000 pixel map? (map is currently 10k x 10k)
we will be able to zoom in and see individial grains of sand on the shore, at a detail level of each the size of a golf ball?

edit: just realized you might have meant 800% not 800X..thats only 80k x 80k

Cracky69
03-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Cracky69 I can understand your feelings on the issue but did you really expect this to not happen? Frankly I am surprised it took this long. This is not much different than people creating the database of sets and recipes and such. At least you still have no in game compass or map showing your location.

No it wasn't a surprise. I'm just dismayed that I seem to be the only one who actually thinks this is bad for the game. I also think all the wiki info is bad for the game too.

To me this map is just another form of exploit. Just like Macroing or botting or running round with an unlootable basket in a PvP game. The game was designed to have a hidden map but the community has clearly decided that everyone should have one. I think it's cheating and I think it screws over players who actually like discovering stuff for themselves.

I'll try to shut up now on this thread and let people enjoy the easy mode gaming. I can always leave and play something else.

dxwarlock
03-30-2011, 02:16 PM
No it wasn't a surprise. I'm just dismayed that I seem to be the only one who actually thinks this is bad for the game. I also think all the wiki info is bad for the game too.

To me this map is just another form of exploit. Just like Macroing or botting or running round with an unlootable basket in a PvP game. The game was designed to have a hidden map but the community has clearly decided that everyone should have one. I think it's cheating and I think it screws over players who actually like discovering stuff for themselves.

I'll try to shut up now on this thread and let people enjoy the easy mode gaming. I can always leave and play something else.

what else would you play though?
name one MMO where the playerbase hasnt setup extensive wiki/map/info pages on every bit of info thats able to be figured out.

this isnt an attack on you, but a rebuttal to the fact that it seems your trying to say that xyson is the only online game to have had the players publish info they discovered in the game for others to use. and if this isnt the case, didnt you expect this as to NOT do so would be extremely out of the ordinary

Cracky69
03-30-2011, 02:47 PM
what else would you play though?
name one MMO where the playerbase hasnt setup extensive wiki/map/info pages on every bit of info thats able to be figured out.

this isnt an attack on you, but a rebuttal to the fact that it seems your trying to say that xyson is the only online game to have had the players publish info they discovered in the game for others to use. and if this isnt the case, didnt you expect this as to NOT do so would be extremely out of the ordinary

No I had just hoped that perhaps in a niche game like this people might play the game as intended. Instead we've a community of unlootable bag wearers who use /unstuck in PvP to beat their opponents and have already topped out their skills because they're playing whilst AFK. During 2010 this game had a pretty good community, but not any more.

I suspect I'll end up playing single player games again. This game will probably not last and all the people that have helped to ruin it will not even realise the part they played.

NexAnima
03-30-2011, 03:00 PM
No I had just hoped that perhaps in a niche game like this people might play the game as intended. Instead we've a community of unlootable bag wearers who use /unstuck in PvP to beat their opponents and have already topped out their skills because they're playing whilst AFK. During 2010 this game had a pretty good community, but not any more.

I suspect I'll end up playing single player games again. This game will probably not last and all the people that have helped to ruin it will not even realise the part they played.

I think your taking this a bit hard, a map usable by choice is hardly a cheat or exploit. Honestly, perhaps single player is the way to go if you can't handle players documenting the world they play in. This give no more of an advantage to some one who doesn't use it. Hell before this map came out I had already ran the world and figured where everything is.

The times are a changing, you can adapt or fold. Just wait till one of us figures out how to sync it up to a program to use like UOAM.

Cyrus
03-30-2011, 09:13 PM
I agree with Cracky69, that's why I didn't release this map myself, as it was too early for the game sake of exploration, but I'm concerned about a worst case scenario now, as I said in IRC to Shinsei.

Sparrow and any other mapper wannabe. Could you please respect the fog myst and not release all the 1600 zones actually directly readable from the zone.xsip file.

Thanks a lot, for the game and it's players. I won't release it myself, but I guess it's just a matter of time, like always, for a player greedy for "celebrity" to ruin the whole game exploration part.

NexAnima
03-31-2011, 05:43 AM
I agree with Cracky69, that's why I didn't release this map myself, as it was too early for the game sake of exploration, but I'm concerned about a worst case scenario now, as I said in IRC to Shinsei.

Sparrow and any other mapper wannabe. Could you please respect the fog myst and not release all the 1600 zones actually directly readable from the zone.xsip file.

Thanks a lot, for the game and it's players. I won't release it myself, but I guess it's just a matter of time, like always, for a player greedy for "celebrity" to ruin the whole game exploration part.

http://youparkedlikeajackass.com/media/challenge-accepted.png

Trak
03-31-2011, 05:51 AM
800x? so your making a 8,000,000 x 8,000,000 pixel map? (map is currently 10k x 10k)
we will be able to zoom in and see individial grains of sand on the shore, at a detail level of each the size of a golf ball?

Lets see... 8.000.000^2/10.000^2...nope.. not 800.

NexAnima
04-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Now that I'm finished with the full world map, how would the community feel about it's release? It does contain massive spoilers, keep that in mind.

orious13
04-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Now that I'm finished with the full world map, how would the community feel about it's release? It does contain massive spoilers, keep that in mind.

Ask the devs :P.

vorg
04-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Maps are going to be put out anyway, so as long as the devs ok it, go for it.

NexAnima
04-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Maps are going to be put out anyway, so as long as the devs ok it, go for it.

Yea, I had sent in a ticket but no response yet.

Edit: File requested for evaluation by devs, awaiting sanction.

Cracky69
04-04-2011, 08:04 AM

I don't care anymore.

I've left the game because of all these maps - there is simply no point playing as a scout anymore.

Book
04-04-2011, 08:42 AM
It's true that players aren't explicitly forced to use this map... but I think it's also true that once it's out there, it may leave those who don't want to use it at a bit of a disadvantage. When a map shows the location of various commodities, the player choosing to explore the world on foot is at a disadvantage. While it may take him a few days of exploring (having to avoid dangers along the way) to find a particular resource, another player using such a map can just run to the precise location within an hour of mists being lifted. Or a player who had found a nice, quiet, secluded spot may now be dealing with urban sprawl...

On the other hand, say Sparrow had developed a detailed map and chosen not to share it. Sparrow would now have this advantage all to herself, which would be ok I think since resource management and acquisition is part of this game. BUT, Sparrow chose to share this development openly and freely with the whole community. I don't think I would personally have had the technical ability to develop this map, nor should I be taking the time away from work to learn how to do so. By other players releasing these maps, I'm given the choice of whether I want to use it or not, understanding the risks of not using it if I prefer a bit of discovery and surprise. That may well wind up being the road I choose to travel, haven't given my own personal choice that much thought yet as I've been plenty busy with other projects in-game.

I'm sure Sparrow is not the only person able to develop these types of maps, and I think I'd rather have it fairly available to the community as a whole than having a single tribe develop it and keep it behind closed doors for their own advantage.

If developing such a map requires reverse-engineering of proprietary game files resulting in violation of the TOS... well, that's just above my pay-grade and for folks at Notorious Games to handle. I do think, however, that the intent was one of fair-play, not one of gaining personal advantage at the cost of other people's enjoyment.
Mens Rea should always be taken into consideration by those in position to judge.

orious13
04-04-2011, 08:44 AM
I don't care anymore.

I've left the game because of all these maps - there is simply no point playing as a scout anymore.

Yeah there is. Just not as a "Terrain" scout. Not to mention their are more areas coming out then what they have currently mapped... I think (seeing the post in the dev zone). To quit the game because of this seems weird, especially from someone around since 2010.

NexAnima
04-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Well, I'm still waiting to hear from the higher ups. If they say no, then I'll respect their wishes.

On a side note, While there is some discrepancies in the map that I haven't figured out yet, The map hardly gives you the ability to plot travel routes, nor does it give away secret resources other then the overabundant junk supplies.

vorg
04-04-2011, 01:19 PM
And they aren't even finished with the map. They stopped working on it to fix other problems. To quite the game because there are maps is ..... Too many other better reasons then because there too many maps

Sirius
04-04-2011, 01:20 PM
It's unbelievable the things this playerbase thinks are "unfair" or "cheating".

NexAnima
04-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Actually, the world looks quite complete. At least the static world, which is what the map shows.

Cracky69
04-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Yeah there is. Just not as a "Terrain" scout. Not to mention their are more areas coming out then what they have currently mapped... I think (seeing the post in the dev zone). To quit the game because of this seems weird, especially from someone around since 2010.

You're right I've been playing the game for ages. All that time I've enjoyed exploring. When I've met people in game I've sometimes told them stuff about where other Tribes are or where they can find more Junkpiles. It's really helped me to enjoy role-playing and immersion.

Most players now have no idea what it is like to suddenly find a really great scavenging spot, or suddenly discover a Tribe they'd not found before. It's almost impossible to get lost with the Map in front of you.

I actually spent about 3 months in game just mapping the zones and the rivers - and not by hacking files.

I've actually had as much fun in Xsyon as any game for ages just exploring (you see it's just not possible in any other MMO unless you play 24/7 from launch). I had hoped that learning the lay of the land, and the Tribes would be a possible play-style.

You're not the first person to criticise my reasoning. Still, I have more hours in the game than most people on this site and I can say for a fact that I thought the game was much better before these maps. As far as I'm concerned it has ruined the fun.

I'm pretty much decided the (new) community here is full of selfish macroers and cheats. I'm just glad I enjoyed the game with less to do for so long before all the spoilers arrived. Good day to you.

orious13
04-04-2011, 04:52 PM
No I think the game might be more fun without maps (unless given a cartography skill), but I'm more interested in the 1000s of things we haven't seen yet. Actually I have barely even looked at the maps. In beta early February I was pretty interested in the "no coords" thing actually (don't flame me :P). I was learning the terrain instead of learning coords. Honestly if they have the map, taking off the coords might give you a bit of your exploration back...especially if they make cloud movement more random. There're just....1000s of other things to look forward to.

NexAnima
04-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Well I got the "Ok" from the devs, but now after everything is said and done I want to work a little more on it. I'm not fully satisfied with its current state more so if it ends up being one everyone uses.

wyldmagik
04-05-2011, 06:56 AM
waffle waffle, its done can i upload it, i'll wait for devs to ok it, they ok'd it, im not happy with it ill work on it more. waffle waffle :D

just show us some images ffs.

vorg
04-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Upload what you have, you can always post updated versions. Maps are never finished. Especially when the map maker tries to pay attention to detail and is a person takes pride in his work.

NexAnima
04-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Fair enough

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=73XJ0HUS

The full world of Xsyon, each zone is 256x256, total map size is 10240x10240 @ 93.8mb

Bluebizzer
04-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Impressive looking for sure.

sreckokovac
04-05-2011, 02:40 PM
great job nexanima , map available for download from my site as well http://www.bartertown.eu/?page_id=33

i will upload fully html zoomable map as well so there will be no need to dl for those that dont wana.

Tesla
04-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Quite impressive. Refuels dreams of exploration.

NorCalGooey
05-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Bump for amazing map. Had this for a while now...this is the best map by far.

wolfgar
06-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Made this yesterday and is generosly hosted by www.bartertown.eu and http://www.FuismGaming.com

Its a map using the map data files from the game , extracted, puzzles together and zones add.
(bit bigger then we can access currently)
its resolution is nearly 10.000 by 10.000

the light web version can be found at http://www.bartertown.eu/?page_id=33 and http://www.FuismGaming.com/images/st...lated/map.jpeg

the 70mb size PNG version can be download here : http://www.FuismGaming.com/images/st...d/Nieuwmap.png

both are the same in size but the png has a better zoom rate whiteout quality loss.

this is the same png file but incl The Photoshop ZOOM utility, its kind of like Google maps but just for this file and off line, ( can ofc also upload it to your web page and use the map-done.html code ) See below

Zoom version

Just one little problem.. it would seem the FBI has shutdown the website.. www.bartertown.eu

NorCalGooey
06-03-2011, 12:14 AM
Just one little problem.. it would seem the FBI has shutdown the website.. www.bartertown.eu

download it off megaupload. it still works and its a simply phenomonal map. i cannot imagine playing without it anymore :)

you can edit it as well and make your own notes. such as tribe locations etc.

ColonelTEE3
06-03-2011, 12:25 AM
Lol. Can't believe people were bitching over maps being made, and then quitting over it. My god thats pathetic.

wolfgar
06-03-2011, 02:11 AM
Lol. Can't believe people were bitching over maps being made, and then quitting over it. My god thats pathetic.

Must have missed something . Don't see anyone complaining about maps and quitting over them.. Then again i havnt seem much of the forums yet.

Oh and norcal thanks.. got the map off the megaupload site. Just a bit weird that any links would be still present on this site, going to a FBI take down notice..

NorCalGooey
06-03-2011, 06:14 AM
Must have missed something . Don't see anyone complaining about maps and quitting over them.. Then again i havnt seem much of the forums yet.

Oh and norcal thanks.. got the map off the megaupload site. Just a bit weird that any links would be still present on this site, going to a FBI take down notice..

I think we came to the conclusion that the FBI take down notice was fake. I think they just quit the game.

ColonelTEE3
06-03-2011, 07:29 AM

I don't care anymore.

Guy later said the community was full of macroers and cheats. Top quality character right here. He will be missed.