PDA

View Full Version : Post a timetable for restoring playable FPS

Sirius
03-27-2011, 07:15 PM
and do it now

or, just update the system requirements to indicate which systems can no longer play the game, and expedite refund requests by players who want their money back because the game won't play on their machine anymore.

Kajones
03-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Must be a machine performance thing. I have no issues with Lag or FPS.

Sirius
03-27-2011, 08:11 PM
your point being?

Horus
03-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Must be a machine performance thing. I have no issues with Lag or FPS.

I love when people answer with "I don't have that problem". I don't think he asked you if you did. Since the last big patch my fps went to shit. I do not even want to pvp anymore. And it is really bad if I go through a couple zones fast. Which sucks since my tribe is basically on 4 zones.

ocoma
03-27-2011, 09:04 PM
Before the recent DirectX optimizations I had no problems with FPS. However now I look like I'm running in slowmode everywhere I go and my FPS is shot. This is with all settings on the lowest possible and I tried the delete options.sav and reset thing, and turned my resolution setting down further.

This makes me sad panda.

Tigrex
03-27-2011, 09:13 PM
My PC that gets 50-60 FPS on Crysis with high settings gets 18-20 FPS on xyson with lowest settings possible.

Deacon
03-27-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm getting alot more lag/loss of FPS as well, and felt as my system was chugging...no longer running smoothly...thought it was my system so I defragged, virus scanned, run CCleaner and discconected & power downed the Cable modem. None of it helped.

ran fine as well prior to last patch.

Sirius
03-27-2011, 09:47 PM
My PC that gets 50-60 FPS on Crysis with high settings gets 18-20 FPS on xyson with lowest settings possible.

This is now my sig, thanks for that

NorCalGooey
03-27-2011, 09:55 PM
the fps problems are zone based I believe.

my gtx 580 is still running 75 fps on max settings. i go down to 10 in some zone change areas

granted, my overall fps has lowered probably 10-20% from before

caldrin
03-28-2011, 12:11 AM
yeah im sure its zone based too..

im in the amazing 740 zone where fps is about 5... move over to the next zone and bam normal gaming again.. shame my camp is in 740 tho as I cant play the game and its been like it for about a week now and before that we had stupid lag.. so really i have not been able to play this game since launch..

Billynomates
03-28-2011, 12:53 AM
I have just bought the game today for my son and he's having the same problems :(

xsuman80
03-28-2011, 01:19 AM
I dont play about 1.5 days. Now I enter and my fps drop to half and I recieve grafical lagspikes every 4-5 seconds.

Plague
03-28-2011, 02:10 AM
Zone 823, all options on max and zero problems, awesome fps. Also when I visit zone 822 or 863 I have no problems.

Post which zone you are on before bitching. Just saying "waaah waaah my game does not work" is not how you report problems.

Vandali
03-28-2011, 02:36 AM
In 823 i get 5-9 fps unless i'm looking down, which then gives around 25 fps. Changing settings does nothing but cause a crash. It just seems the more tribes build up their estate, the worse the game performance becomes, the world is literally coming to a standstill.

kergan
03-28-2011, 07:43 AM
I'm having none of these issues on a GForce 8800 GT...runs flawlessly in every zone, I'm pretty sure I was in 740 yesterday with no problems. I trust you guys are posting hardware specs and the zone info in tech support or somewhere? It does sound like they're on the right track looking at dx issues. Anyways, here's hoping they figure it out soon as it's totally game-breaking for many players. Like we needed one more thing...

ifireallymust
03-28-2011, 08:29 AM
I only lag when I'm changing zones so far, and my system is pretty mediocre. $500 budget system with 4G ram, two or three year old fussy ATI video card, meh quad core.

Sirius
03-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Well, they need to figure out how to scale back the detail in heavy pop/heavily modified zones, or else they're going to lose a big chunk of the playerbase.

Having patience with an indie game dev is one thing, but being unable to play due to unacceptable system performance is not something people will tolerate for long.

niccoli00
03-28-2011, 10:30 AM
It's definitely zone based. I went on a trip, across many zones, found that I would get FPS spikes occasionally when getting closer to a new area.

Try cutting down trees in your area and store the logs. I am betting a huge portion of the lag comes from overall trees, as that's the only thing in the areas where I had large FPS spikes had, lots of trees.

My tribe is in a tree free area and I have zero FPS spikes. Of course, if I need branches I need to go on a walkabout. :P

Sirius
03-28-2011, 10:33 AM
So you're saying there was some kind of overnight explosion of forest growth that suddenly made zones unplayable? And this just happens to be in zones that are packed to the gills with players and terraforming? Kinda doubt it.

On top of that, somebody came by and deforested our whole surrounding area recently (<3) and things are still terrible.

niccoli00
03-28-2011, 10:36 AM
No, I was presenting my theory. However I have no issues in 823, another person says they have <10 FPS. So who knows.

Perhaps people should start comparing settings, and computer specs instead of speculating? Just sayin.

Sirius
03-28-2011, 10:48 AM
What do you think people have been doing? Look at my sig.

Going by the forum conversations, every one of these "trouble" zones has some people with insane rigs who are getting crap FPS, and people with weaker computers that are doing fine.

r4NGe
03-28-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm in the boonies without an Ent in sight. I can confirm my FPS went to shit.

niccoli00
03-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah, that says a lot. "lowest settings possible" and I get "ok" FPS on crysis on high settings.

Doesn't tell us OS, video card, driver versions, amount of RAM, hard drives etc.

Seriously, don't be retarded. If you just started the thread to bitch, by all means, go for it.

Saying "I've got a killer rig and it's fucked" is no help at all, doesn't track down the issues at all.

But by all means, keep QQing about your FPS and gameplay sucking, because that's totally fixing the problem for you.

Sirius
03-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Why would I be posting any of that in the player forums, in a thread asking for a timetable for the fix, when I've already emailed relevant info to support – and when the forums are already chock full of threads where players have posted their specs, demonstrating that machines from the bottom end of the sys req, all the way up to the most cutting-edge gaming PC you could have (all of which were playing the game fine a week ago) suddenly have performance so bad it's like they were running a batch of 3DMark2020 tests?

Blow it out your ass, pal.

niccoli00
03-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Why would I be posting any of that in the player forums, in a thread asking for a timetable for the fix, when I've already emailed relevant info to support – and when the forums are already chock full of threads where players have posted their specs, demonstrating that machines from the bottom end of the sys req, all the way up to the most cutting-edge gaming PC you could have (all of which were playing the game fine a week ago) suddenly have performance so bad it's like they were running a batch of 3DMark2020 tests?

Blow it out your ass, pal.

Oh, I see, so instead you create another redundant post that really has no appreciable goal. Brilliant.

Sirius
03-28-2011, 01:19 PM
The "appreciable goal" is to prod them to attempt to give us some idea, any idea, of how long they think this is going to take, even if it's some grotesquely inexact ballpark figure.

It's right there in the subject line, just in case you are capable of reading.

r0ss0
03-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Would love to know also , Just want to play with the hardware thats in my metal box :(

niccoli00
03-28-2011, 01:22 PM
The "appreciable goal" is to prod them to attempt to give us some idea, any idea, of how long they think this is going to take, even if it's some grotesquely inexact ballpark figure.

It's right there in the subject line, just in case you are capable of reading.

Gotcha, so obviously I was trying to derail your thread and I apologize.

Let me make it up to you.

YEAH, WTF Xsyon, fix this fucking FPS shit.

Better? ;-)

Sirius
03-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Eh, I don't act like that. My post had a pushy tone, but was civil, and really quite reasonable.

I'm not talking about some feature that I want added; not even complaining about the pointlessness of features that are already in; I'm talking about the basic ability to log in and play the game.

Heck, I'm just asking for some kind of estimate of when this game-breaking issue will be resolved. Could I possibly ask for less?

niccoli00
03-28-2011, 01:42 PM
I just can't please you. Sorry. ;)

Sirius
03-28-2011, 01:54 PM
You expect a gold star for off-topic flaming? C'mon.

Delvie
03-28-2011, 02:41 PM
It's definitely zone based. I went on a trip, across many zones, found that I would get FPS spikes occasionally when getting closer to a new area.

Try cutting down trees in your area and store the logs. I am betting a huge portion of the lag comes from overall trees, as that's the only thing in the areas where I had large FPS spikes had, lots of trees.

My tribe is in a tree free area and I have zero FPS spikes. Of course, if I need branches I need to go on a walkabout. :P

ROFL, a plus to living in the wastelands.

Back on topic - I have no problem in my usual zones except when I change zones - takes a couple of minutes to adjust. I do have problems in highly populated zones - not sure if that is because I go to them rarely so they have a lot of loading to do when I do enter them or if it is something else but they never get better which means I travel to them less and less.

Sirius
03-28-2011, 04:07 PM
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2007/03/the-works-on-my-machine-certification-program.html

ifireallymust
03-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Kept an eye on my FPS today. It's in the low but very playable range. I feel very fortunate to be in an area that isn't overcrowded, or whatever it is that's causing some zones problems. Trolling people who are frustrated because they can't play or have a hard time playing is rotten. Shoo, trolls. Go pick on someone who doesn't have a legitimate woe.

If you insist, I'll make a trollworthy thread about how my character should be able to haul long logs up mountains at top speed with her uber 50 strength.

niccoli00
03-28-2011, 05:02 PM
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2007/03/the-works-on-my-machine-certification-program.html

LOL, I like.

http://codinghorror.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a85dcdae970b0128776ff992970c-pi

Baldur
03-28-2011, 09:55 PM
Playing in beta, my FPS was good.
Now, my FPS is bad.

I thought it was going to be the other way around...

JCatano
03-29-2011, 12:39 AM
We're moving away from 740. It's the only solution for the time being. 702 runs normally. 741 and I think 701 aren't all that great, but better than 740.