PDA

View Full Version : Low FPS !!!! plz help

gogos14
03-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Hello, im a totally new player, and i must say im not happy.
With medium settings my fps vary from 5-30, with an average 11-15 (using FRAPS).
I got OS:win7 64bit, CPU:Intel Core 2 Q8300 Quad core 2.5Ghz, GPU:6870 ATI, RAM:4Gb.
Latest drivers, latest DX.
I expected to run this game on max settings easily but I see the games unplayable for me even in the low sets.
The settings that seem to have an impact are: water transparency around 3-4 fps, soft shadows, antialiasing (not quite sure). The resolution plays role as well but i wouldnt want to use a resolution lower than 1920x1080 cos it wouldnt be right on my wide screen.
If anyone had similar problem , i could really use his advice!

PS I also have a major problem with the loading times when i start the game, but ill post another thread about that. Not a really welcoming game:(

Mizzlexx
03-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Welcome To Xsyon! ;) but no seriously there's not much of a fix for it yet. I Have a very high end comp 485 GTX quad core phenom black 3.0 ghz 4 gigs of ram etc. , and I have to run this game on low settings. It's fairly annoying yes, but the devs are working on it. It's actually better than it used to be, but sadly yes in some areas it's fairly unplayable sad too say. Give it some time maybe try moving to a different zone that's less populated.

Also, as for the loading issues there's quite a few people that have this problem I have it a few times a day but it is better than it was. (Waiting 30mins to an hour to get in) Hope you stick around for the long haul once the devs get this game a little more stable it is really a lot of fun.

blackice
03-28-2011, 11:19 PM
you say 5-30. 30 is average for most people and judging by your specs your comp is decent. Your video card might be lacking.

caldrin
03-29-2011, 12:16 AM
you say 5-30. 30 is average for most people and judging by your specs your comp is decent. Your video card might be lacking.

LOL nice one you do realise how good those 6870s are for the price right? sure the rest of his spec is getting on a bit but it should be more than enough to run this game...

Anyway its not your system.. its the game its boned at the moment, I ahve not been able to paly since launch to start with it was 10 mins of lag then when they fially fixed that we had the crappy fps issues in different zones and its been like it for well voer a week now. I dont expect it to be fixed anytime soon.. but you never know we all live in hope.

gogos14
03-29-2011, 04:22 AM
Interesting replies guys, appreciated.
From what u say,it seems like the issues are on the games side and not mine.
I should learn sometime soon though, never to join an "indie" mmorpg so soon after launch again,
since you usually give 40 bucks to buy a bucket full of bugs.
Cheers and lets hope there s gonna be some fixes soon

r0ss0
03-29-2011, 05:50 AM
Common problem right now mate , Not much you can do but wait :(

Im suffering the same problem managed to dip to 0.8fps last night :D

BTW , Oc that CPU to 3.2ghz or 420mhz in the FSB in the bios , That speed will certainly bottleneck your card in other games ;)

GuideRaguel
03-29-2011, 06:30 AM
Greetings Community,

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with FPS, please don't threat about it, this is not a problem with your computers, unless your rig is around 3-4+ years old.

There is a fix for this issue which should greatly increase the FPS you get in game, however I don't want to state when it will be released as its best coming from the top man himself, however it is coming much sooner than most people think.

Teehee :)

r0ss0
03-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Thanks for that Raguel , I look forward to seeing the patch :)

STAR_GOD
03-29-2011, 08:10 AM
Yeah I think everyone is having problem with Fps which really makes pvp impossible too ^^

caldrin
03-29-2011, 08:14 AM
Greetings Community,

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with FPS, please don't threat about it, this is not a problem with your computers, unless your rig is around 3-4+ years old.

There is a fix for this issue which should greatly increase the FPS you get in game, however I don't want to state when it will be released as its best coming from the top man himself, however it is coming much sooner than most people think.

Teehee :)

That does make me a happy man.. :)

wyldmagik
03-29-2011, 08:22 AM
it does not really make me happy though, as that reply and idea of it happening sooner than folk think, is pretty bloody standard response these days. :D

unless you got a 3/4 yr old pc ? what the heck, seriously? Ive yet to see a game released TODAY that I can not run with my 3yr old pc. Raguel, that is not a real clever way to write anything here to be honest, the game has been running fine for the most part for all with rigs of varying ages im sure. For it not to after a zone db update of 1.5gb's, be told its to fix forming of the land etc, and then still be ok then suddenly next day log in and its useless on fps out the blue is a crazy thing to say to the paying public here.

Things have been changing of late with little feedback on what has been changed, this is what gets up peoples noses ( yes defo mine ) and then spewed about how ur rig is at fault, hey throw some money at it to hide the inconsistency with the code that will fix it right? pfft..

Lets have some proper community feedback, good old honest straight down the line stuff, no vague reply, and the audacity to put TEEHEE at the end like its fun.

its not..

Sirius
03-29-2011, 09:05 AM
however it is coming much sooner than most people think.

ORLY? You sure about that? Because based on the latest "Xsyon Updates" post, a lot of people were probably expecting it yesterday:

We are working primarily on improving the patcher and patch system this weekend in addition to some continued improvements to the server and client. I expect to update everything on Monday!

But, kudos for blaming the playerbase for daring to play the game with anything less than a [insert whatever hottest gaming rig is as of 3/29/11].

Aramanu
03-29-2011, 09:06 AM
keyword: expect.

Sirius
03-29-2011, 09:14 AM
I can read. I saw the word "expect". Your point?

ifireallymust
03-29-2011, 09:16 AM
If you didn't pick a spot to homestead yet, gogo, you should try wandering and exploring the map a bit. If you die and lose your stuff, no big deal at this point, reroll and start from a new starting area. Not only is it rather fun, and not only will you see a lot of places before you decide where you want to live, you'll also probably find zones where your fps is fairly high. They tend to be quieter zones, but they're not always on the outer edges of the map. Speaking of map, check the zone maps from these forums to help you find your way around.

Zenmaster13
03-29-2011, 09:20 AM
ORLY? You sure about that? Because based on the latest "Xsyon Updates" post, a lot of people were probably expecting it yesterday:

But, kudos for blaming the playerbase for daring to play the game with anything less than a [insert whatever hottest gaming rig is as of 3/29/11].

Sirius, how do you expect anyone in life to give you what you want? Every post it is the same approach "Stomp around, scream, fuss, alienate, act like a child, etc". You clearly do not like enough about this game. So why do you play? Self-punishment?

On topic: Keep pounding away at the problems, we appreciate it

Sirius
03-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Thanks for stopping in to insult me. I appreciate and respect that, since this is the "what you think about certain players" forum.

The game has not been playable since March 7th. I know, I know, I'm just being a whiny child for having a problem with that, right? Yeah.

If you think sensible discussion and legitimate pursuit of self-interest are "acting like a child", I feel sorry for your future kids.

Dade512
03-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Sirius, you're never happy with anything. Something breaks you're unhappy, they say something is in the works to fix things your unhappy. You get this worked up about a game, your stress level irl must be thru the roof. =P

And moose, I think that was moose anyway, my old pc was three when bad company 2 came out. It took a lot of tweaking to get it to run with enough frames to make it comfortable to play.

r0ss0
03-29-2011, 09:33 AM
Im going out on a limb here but may take the pressure of Jordi a little bit,

Heres an email i recieved.

If this is agaisnt TOS Please delete

Hey Ross,

It’s good to see you around! We’re patching out an update today or tonight that should improve frame rate a lot (it boosted from 25 to 100 and 15 to 60 on low settings on my main system here at a slow location.

The problem was primarily with lights and campfires. We’re still optimizing old code, but with our new graphics expert it’s going well!

Thanks for the report.

Xsyon Support Team

Notorious Games

Email: bugs@notorious-games.com

Sirius
03-29-2011, 09:37 AM
Hey Ross,

It’s good to see you around! We’re patching out an update today or tonight that should improve frame rate a lot (it boosted from 25 to 100 and 15 to 60 on low settings on my main system here at a slow location.

The problem was primarily with lights and campfires. We’re still optimizing old code, but with our new graphics expert it’s going well!

Thanks for the report.

Xsyon Support Team
Notorious Games

Wow. If only they would just post updates like that. Hope that email isn't made-up.

Zenmaster13
03-29-2011, 09:37 AM
Thanks for stopping in to insult me. I appreciate and respect that, since this is the "what you think about certain players" forum.

The game has not been playable since March 7th. I know, I know, I'm just being a whiny child for having a problem with that, right? Yeah.

If you think sensible discussion and legitimate pursuit of self-interest are "acting like a child", I feel sorry for your future kids.

Notify me when you have developed the ability to have a sensible conversation. I have seen nothing in any of your posts, that indicates you have the ability to do so. I didn't come here to insult you, but rather enlighten you on your poor attitude. Maybe take a break, play something that "works" for you.

The game has been quite playable for me for a while now. I know many people are having problems, but the devs did state they are working on it. Their word is the only one we have to go with. They may not have everything done right now, but I have noticed much improvement from the start. Bug squashing takes time. You are not aware of this being just a player, but there it is the whole truth.

r0ss0
03-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Wow. If only they would just post updates like that. Hope that email isn't made-up.

No its not as it has my original email attached to it via reply

wyldmagik
03-29-2011, 09:41 AM
@Dade, I have no idea about your tweaking :D, but I think you are missing the point here, If I could not play xsyon with my pc at all since beta then fine I would hold my hands up, this is not about having a pc needing tweaking to play bf2 or xsyon, the game was fine on the pc, the only issues were the ping, that got fixed and now the game is laggy system wise.

If you are not seeing any graphical lag ( with no changes to game content or amounts might I add ) then its more than likely you have a system at this time that does not see these issues, do you know what frames you were getting before last 1.5gb update and now after? Id like to see if you have a drop. and if so the drop would be still in acceptable levels so you dont get the problems.

oh and btw I can play bf2 in dx10 and AA on with no problems :D

Oh and its unplayable for mike as well he says now.. and his setup is again one step up from mine :D

Dade512
03-29-2011, 09:54 AM
I know what you were getting at. =P Most people weren't having an issue before the patch. Besides, 3 or 4 yr isn't really old for a pc since most games are in development for such a long time.
I don't know what my pre-patch frames were but now I average about 33fps. In our zone I don't notice any issue, however if I cross into 822 for trees I take a frame hit got about 30 sec then it stabilizes

Sirius
03-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Notify me when you have developed the ability to have a sensible conversation. I have seen nothing in any of your posts, that indicates you have the ability to do so. I didn't come here to insult you, but rather enlighten you on your poor attitude. Maybe take a break, play something that "works" for you.

The game has been quite playable for me for a while now. I know many people are having problems, but the devs did state they are working on it. Their word is the only one we have to go with. They may not have everything done right now, but I have noticed much improvement from the start. Bug squashing takes time. You are not aware of this being just a player, but there it is the whole truth.

Zenmaster, I'm thrilled the game plays fine for you and I'm glad you take it upon yourself to constantly post that players who aren't so lucky should simply shut up and stop complaining. Your opinions on what other players should do, say, and think are extremely valuable.

/sarcasm off, you're unintelligent and incredibly self-righteous. If the game runs great for you, then go play it instead of trolling people who want answers on when this paid-for product will begin working.

Zenmaster13
03-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Zenmaster, I'm thrilled the game plays fine for you and I'm glad you take it upon yourself to constantly post that players who aren't so lucky should simply shut up and stop complaining. Your opinions on what other players should do, say, and think are extremely valuable.

/sarcasm off, you're unintelligent and incredibly self-righteous. If the game runs great for you, then go play it instead of trolling people who want answers on when this paid-for product will begin working.

Not trolling at all. In fact if you take the crap out of your eyes and brain, then proceed to read like the smart person you think you are, you would see that I wrote "I know many people are having problems".

Also, to further discount your lies and BS, this is the first time I have stated the game is working fairly good for me. No, it is not working perfectly for me, but that is why bug reports, suggestions, questions, etc. are there.

You really have to stop calling other people unitelligent. I know tonnes more about computers, programming, etc. than you. If you knew as much as I did, your requests and responses would have alot less "screaming and stomping" in them. Are you blind to all the normal people calling you out for acting this way? Grow up Sirius. Add constructive comments, provide solutions. Do not rage, rant, and have your panties in a bind all the time. It just pisses people off, including the people who you NEED to help you. Patience is the key for you, or perhaps some other game or activity in the mean time, while they sort the problems out. If you need more anger management, I am always around to help a damaged fellow like yourself

Sirius
03-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Acknowledging players are having legit problems + insulting players for demanding fix timetable/etc = trolling
I'm not even sure where you're getting that I've been putting out "lies and BS" about whether the game is working for you. Are you insane?
I've made suggestions and bug reports and all I've asked for is a simple timeframe for when they think they will have this resolved. Why you feel the need to speak out against that is beyond me.

I'm glad you know more than me about computers and programming, but I know plenty. I am aware it takes time to fix problems, and it takes time even to identify problems. I am aware that compromises may have to be made which might detrimentally affect one segment of players, in order to produce the best results for the majority of players. Somehow, this doesn't magically make me unconcerned as to whether I can actually play this game that I like and have paid for.

None of this makes me "rage", although I'll admit the idiotic fanboy responses, dropping insults like highway litter and telling people to STFU and like it, come pretty close.

You sure resort to insults and name-calling a lot for someone who brings zero substantive discussion to the table and seems to drop in on threads only to tell people to stop complaining...

Zenmaster13
03-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Acknowledging players are having legit problems + insulting players for demanding fix timetable/etc = trolling
I'm not even sure where you're getting that I've been putting out "lies and BS" about whether the game is working for you. Are you insane?
I've made suggestions and bug reports and all I've asked for is a simple timeframe for when they think they will have this resolved. Why you feel the need to speak out against that is beyond me.

I'm glad you know more than me about computers and programming, but I know plenty. I am aware it takes time to fix problems, and it takes time even to identify problems. I am aware that compromises may have to be made which might detrimentally affect one segment of players, in order to produce the best results for the majority of players. Somehow, this doesn't magically make me unconcerned as to whether I can actually play this game that I like and have paid for.

None of this makes me "rage", although I'll admit the idiotic fanboy responses, dropping insults like highway litter and telling people to STFU and like it, come pretty close.

You sure resort to insults and name-calling a lot for someone who brings zero substantive discussion to the table and seems to drop in on threads only to tell people to stop complaining...

Please don't misquote me. It just makes you look like more of a fool. I have never told anyone to "STFU and like it". You really are in a blind rage over all this.

Insults, hmmm. Just about every post you make is filled with insults "idiotic fanboy responses". Sirius, learn how to take what you dish out. I mean you give off the air of a bad ass, but the stink of a weakling.

Your demands and raging, compiled with your ignorance and drama-queen tactics are some of the problems you have. Anyone who says anything against you is labelled "fanboy". You need to try harder than that.

Bottom line: Be nice and you will get more, be who you are now, and get less, plus reaonable people like myself will not feel the need to down your BS and child-like tactics

r0ss0
03-29-2011, 10:31 AM
guys take your knicker party elsewhere and keep this thread for those that have problems with fps. pm or something jeez

caaahl
03-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Im going out on a limb here but may take the pressure of Jordi a little bit,

Heres an email i recieved.

If this is agaisnt TOS Please delete

Hey Ross,

Thanks for the report.

Xsyon Support Team

Notorious Games

Email: bugs@notorious-games.com

Sweet. I am looking forward to that. 8)

((if you trololol us you better start hiding))

Zenmaster13
03-29-2011, 10:38 AM
guys take your knicker party elsewhere and keep this thread for those that have problems with fps. pm or something jeez

You are right Rosso.

I am wondering if the low FPS is a result of too much terraforming, combined with too many objects (tribes, chars, fires, structures, etc.). Is zone 740 overburdened? I don't get low FPS where I am, but it is not densely populated, thus my guesses on performance problems. I am quite sure it is not the individuals systems, although I have an XP laptop where the game crashes every time after a few seconds in, even though it exceeds the min req.

Sirius
03-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Please don't misquote me. It just makes you look like more of a fool. I have never told anyone to "STFU and like it". You really are in a blind rage over all this.

Insults, hmmm. Just about every post you make is filled with insults "idiotic fanboy responses". Sirius, learn how to take what you dish out. I mean you give off the air of a bad ass, but the stink of a weakling.

Your demands and raging, compiled with your ignorance and drama-queen tactics are some of the problems you have. Anyone who says anything against you is labelled "fanboy". You need to try harder than that.

Bottom line: Be nice and you will get more, be who you are now, and get less, plus reaonable people like myself will not feel the need to down your BS and child-like tactics

I'm not pretending to "quote" you. It's called paraphrasing. [Also still wondering what you meant by your "BS and lies" comment in the previous post. Are you just making stuff up, or genuinely crazy?] The sum total of posts you have addressed to me have simply told me to stop complaining about things I have very legitimate complaints about, plus a helping of insults. There's a big difference between relying on insults when you have nothing intelligent to say (which is what you have been doing) and dishing back insults to someone who is dishing them at you, but still making a substantive argument and not relying on the insults to make your point (which is what I have been doing).

I don't call people "fanboys" when they engage in legit discussion of competing visions of gameplay mechanics or other topics. But when someone comes in and does nothing more than insult me and tell me I should stop criticizing the devs, I call them a fanboy.

Bottom line: if you aren't having any of these same problems and don't want to hear about people who are having those problems, why not enjoy playing the game instead of trolling the forums looking to dump insults on people who cannot play the game through no fault of their own?

r0ss0
03-29-2011, 11:10 AM
You are right Rosso.

I am wondering if the low FPS is a result of too much terraforming, combined with too many objects (tribes, chars, fires, structures, etc.). Is zone 740 overburdened? I don't get low FPS where I am, but it is not densely populated, thus my guesses on performance problems. I am quite sure it is not the individuals systems, although I have an XP laptop where the game crashes every time after a few seconds in, even though it exceeds the min req.

yep all of those combined dont help i dont think , but each zone has its own performance drop or performs better , so lets hope the update fixes that :)

Zenmaster13
03-29-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm not pretending to "quote" you. It's called paraphrasing. [Also still wondering what you meant by your "BS and lies" comment in the previous post. Are you just making stuff up, or genuinely crazy?] The sum total of posts you have addressed to me have simply told me to stop complaining about things I have very legitimate complaints about, plus a helping of insults. There's a big difference between relying on insults when you have nothing intelligent to say (which is what you have been doing) and dishing back insults to someone who is dishing them at you, but still making a substantive argument and not relying on the insults to make your point (which is what I have been doing).

I don't call people "fanboys" when they engage in legit discussion of competing visions of gameplay mechanics or other topics. But when someone comes in and does nothing more than insult me and tell me I should stop criticizing the devs, I call them a fanboy.

Bottom line: if you aren't having any of these same problems and don't want to hear about people who are having those problems, why not enjoy playing the game instead of trolling the forums looking to dump insults on people who cannot play the game through no fault of their own?

You keep making up stuff Sirius. It is a tiny bit entertaining. You really don't understand english very well do you? You should not paraphrase what I say, because you clearly do not get it.

You think you are just being a little bit "pushy" but everyone can agree you are down right arrogant. You do insult everyone who opposes you. Your most used insult are "fanboy", "insane", "unintelligent", "crazy", "stupid", etc. Read what you write, practice what you preach.

I never, I repeat for your narrow-mind, never insult anyone for raising a legitimate complaint. I insult you, because you "cry, stomp, panty bind, etc." on every post. You don't know how to be nice. I keep trying to help you with your anger, but you keep stomping around like a fool. Again Sirius, grow up, act like an adult, and maybe someone will respect what you have to say.

Now please learn how to take criticism. I tried to go back on topic, but you are too much of a self-important jackass to let it go (oh no another insult, here is a tissue and some rage cream".

Anger management Sirius, it is the key to you living past 30

yep all of those combined dont help i dont think , but each zone has its own performance drop or performs better , so lets hope the update fixes that :)

I find that shadows seem to be my main FPS drag in normal play. This of course is normal. Also, I find some lag/fps drop when changing zones, and it seems to do this consistently. Again, I do expect zone changes to be a slight drag, when you consider a database asset change from zone to zone.

Sirius
03-29-2011, 11:44 AM
My command and comprehension of the English language are impeccable, and likely well beyond your own (which might be especially embarassing for you, since I suspect you're a Brit).

If I were actually making anything up or failing to understand something, you could provide an example or two. But you can't. You trot out statements about "BS and lies" and claim I lack reading comprehension, but show nothing whatever to demonstrate that this is anything more than additional attempts to smear me.

My responses to your posts are clear and topical, with insults tacked on only in direct response to your own insults. The difference is that my arguments don't rely on the claim that you're an idiot, whereas your arguments are without substance and amount to nothing more than character attacks. For example, you say I don't know anything about software so I should stop complaining; I'm just a griefer so nothing I say should be listened to; I spread "BS and lies" [still wondering if there is any basis whatsoever, even a mistaken one for that comment]; I keep "making stuff up" [again, what the hell do you mean by this?]; I can't understand English, so you won't bother directly responding to anything I say (you'll just insult me instead); me and my guild mates are lying when we say we've played MMOs in which players policed the game;

You say you don't insult people making legit complaints, or insult people as a substitute for discussion, but that's exactly what you've been doing throughout the entire time that you have been talking to me. You do nothing but insult. Your very first post that was in any way addressed to me was this:

You venereal disease folks are quite entertaining in your attacks. Any intelligent person can see through them. It's the same old BS over and over. "We want to keep the ability to grief, and not be punished for it". "Any punishment you suggest will be shot down by us with alot of conjecture and hypotheticals." I have a hard time taking any of you serious "All up in yo grillz". I have seen more badasses at an over 50s bar.

Translation, "I don't want to engage in this discussion [involving conjecture and hypotheticals, oh my!] so I'll just call you idiots."

This is your MO. You don't respond to anything that is said. You post a wall of text calling the person stupid and immature and then declare victory.

Case in point is you here in this thread, admitting you have no problems with unplayably low framerate but flaming people who do have such problems and dare to complain about it.

P.S. What is the in-game name of your Hopi Tribe main character?

Dubanka
03-29-2011, 11:54 AM
just a second guys, i ran out of popcorn.

Sirius
03-29-2011, 12:00 PM
ohhhh SNAP! don't get too snarky, dubs, or I might just log in and flood a trench! ;)

(jk, obviously.. i would die a little inside if that happened)

boomer0901
03-29-2011, 12:15 PM
I make it a point when walking through a zone and I see abandoned homesteads or tribes, to take down any built or ghost structure, fire pits all that jazz to help free up some lag, don't know if it helps.

wyldmagik
03-29-2011, 12:21 PM
I make it a point when walking through a zone and I see abandoned homesteads or tribes, to take down any built or ghost structure, fire pits all that jazz to help free up some lag, don't know if it helps.

thats actually very thoughtful of you, wonder how many others bother..

on a diff note: why does the forum keep loosing and gaining 1hr on posts from announcements thread..?

Sirius
03-29-2011, 12:26 PM
It might be that, when looking at those timestamps, sometimes you are logged in (and so your forum time display preferences kick in) and sometimes you are not (and so it just displays using the default time zone).