PDA

View Full Version : Save the Junkpiles!

Dontaze_Mebro
04-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Worried that someone will come and pave over your junkpile in the dead of night just for the lolz? Set up a grid of baskets, and no one will be able to terraform the area.

Mizzlexx
04-01-2011, 09:08 AM
If they put a totem down they can pick up the basket.

Dubanka
04-01-2011, 09:09 AM
use pouches. much harder to see, same effect.

HyBrasil
04-01-2011, 09:13 AM
I hope we get farming and mining soon, and will be able to teach each other recipes and patterns. Then the only thing a junk pile will be needed for is plastic.

It will be so nice to not worry about them.

Xidian
04-01-2011, 09:16 AM
If/when we do get mining, it should be pretty hard to make metals from rock, but the tribes that master it will have a near limitless supply of metal.

HyBrasil
04-01-2011, 09:58 AM
It's not hard at all!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a5/TimnaChalcolithicMine.JPG/800px-TimnaChalcolithicMine.JPG

The stone forge is outside, ready to smelt the ore.

A single player could do it just fine, just takes time.

boomer0901
04-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Screw that, not to worried about it, what we need to save the junk piles is from some of these idiot homesteaders who just blantantly terraform right over the junk without salvaging it first, seen more than my share thus far. I have a feeling when tribal war comes into play you're gonna get burned out of your area just for that fact alone.

And yes I know I've seen more than homesteaders do it too, seen a few tribes as well.

The one I was more impressed with was the british empire on 901, they salvaged all their junk then terraformed their pile into a nice looking little city.

ifireallymust
04-01-2011, 10:23 AM
You mean there are people going around making life harder for new players and encouraging people to both horde items and live directly on junk piles?

Brilliant, guys. Just brilliant.

I sincerely hope a bear eats you.

xyberviri
04-01-2011, 10:55 AM
No, what he is saying is that players are going and terraforming the junk piles just because they dont know any better. If there is a harvest able resource on the junk pile you shouldn't be able to terraform.

Tbh one day the junk piles will be gone and when that happens its not going to be as big of a issue anymore.

NexAnima
04-01-2011, 12:24 PM
No, what he is saying is that players are going and terraforming the junk piles just because they dont know any better. If there is a harvest able resource on the junk pile you shouldn't be able to terraform.

Tbh one day the junk piles will be gone and when that happens its not going to be as big of a issue anymore.

I have seen the full world, junk depletion will not be a issue for a very long time.

Dubanka
04-01-2011, 12:25 PM
I have seen the full world, junk depletion will not be a issue for a very long time.

which is a bad thing.

NexAnima
04-01-2011, 12:35 PM
which is a bad thing.
I don't disagree, it should have been a limited resource to get the ball rolling.

ifireallymust
04-01-2011, 12:46 PM
I don't disagree, it should have been a limited resource to get the ball rolling.

Limited to whom?

Mitsarugii
04-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Screw that, not to worried about it, what we need to save the junk piles is from some of these idiot homesteaders who just blantantly terraform right over the junk without salvaging it first, seen more than my share thus far. I have a feeling when tribal war comes into play you're gonna get burned out of your area just for that fact alone.

And yes I know I've seen more than homesteaders do it too, seen a few tribes as well.

The one I was more impressed with was the british empire on 901, they salvaged all their junk then terraformed their pile into a nice looking little city.

cheers for the recognition geeze =) its been bloody hard working gathering the junk, sorting the junk, making a billion baskets to organise the junk, then spending DAYS terraforming and leveling everything to the perfect heights lol

NexAnima
04-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Limited to whom?

To all of us.

oneyedwang
04-01-2011, 01:03 PM
this is a sandbox and they are exploiting resources within the rules!!!

this isn't griefing...

Longer cd's on homestead's should be considered though.6 hour cd makes this to easy a task to accomplish on a wide scale over just a couple days at 30 mins to clear an area.

There is also one flaw in the terraforming that is a problem atm, outside of that. I personally don't have a problem with people destroying junk.

ifireallymust
04-01-2011, 01:05 PM
To all of us.

To all of us presently playing the game? What about new players?

NexAnima
04-01-2011, 01:30 PM
To all of us presently playing the game? What about new players?

What about the new players? Junk should have been for the use of prelude to get the world built, then after should come new technology that would do away with the need for junk.

ifireallymust
04-01-2011, 01:36 PM
What about the new players? Junk should have been for the use of prelude to get the world built, then after should come new technology that would do away with the need for junk.

I have already met new players however, and I should hope there will be many more during Prelude. If all of the junk is claimed on Friday, then on Saturday when a new player logs on for the first time, what shall they do? (Not to say that I believe all junk will be claimed by midnight tonight, you understand, this is just to illustrate the point).

Plus, if some idiots are going around destroying junk piles, that means I will have to move back onto a junk pile, because I'm not nearly done skilling any craft. And this will piss me off and make me want to know who they are and where they live so that I may later extract proper vengeance.

d3m0nd0
04-01-2011, 01:39 PM
I have already met new players however, and I should hope there will be many more during Prelude. If all of the junk is claimed on Friday, then on Saturday when a new player logs on for the first time, what shall they do? (Not to say that I believe all junk will be claimed by midnight tonight, you understand, this is just to illustrate the point).

Plus, if some idiots are going around destroying junk piles, that means I will have to move back onto a junk pile, because I'm not nearly done skilling any craft. And this will piss me off and make me want to know who they are and where they live so that I may later extract proper vengeance.

You just need a resource which you can trade for junk, Basalt, Limestone, Mortar, Sand, etc. All these when traded can convert into the junk you need. This is what we at pandemic do.

ifireallymust
04-01-2011, 01:47 PM
You just need a resource which you can trade for junk, Basalt, Limestone, Mortar, Sand, etc. All these when traded can convert into the junk you need. This is what we at pandemic do.

The transaction cost of doing what you describe is far too high. It will be far more efficient to move back onto a junk pile. I suppose if a resource terrorist enters my area, I will move back onto a pile. I hope I catch the name of whoever is doing it, though.

Plague
04-02-2011, 03:42 AM
Last night one of the local griefers though he can hurt me by doing this:

LOL (http://img846.imageshack.us/i/screenshot201142102618.jpg)

It was this guy:

LOL part 2 (http://img834.imageshack.us/i/screenshot201141232627.jpg/)

Member of most pathetic tribe out there. So the story that lone homesteaders will do this is bullcrap. It's the wannabe griefer tribes that move their totems around, run around naked shit on everything adding zero value to Xsyon.

The poor bastard does not realise that part of the junkpile I have covered with my totem is enough for 3 lifetimes in Xsyon. Even worse he does not get that I can do this to his tribe in just 3-4 days by paving all their junkpiles which would force them to move after building a gigantic sand castle. So he potentially punished his entire tribe by being a total moron. Pathetic really:) By starting "junkpile wars" there will be no junkpiles left. An eye for an eye and the whole world turns blind, a great man said it once and it stands here. A junkpile for junkpile and we will have none soon.

Now the whole mechanics of junkpiles is simply bad. So is moving totems in just few hours and swaping tribes in such a short time. And for the end paving roads with no tool, barehanded, is retarted (whoever came up with that idea?). To build a road you should at least have a showel if nothing else.

People like Durin are irrelevant in the long run, they leave for Hello Kitty Online as soon as they cant grief any more in a game. This is why I would not be too bothered by "saving junkpiles" now, just relax and skil up:)

d3m0nd0
04-02-2011, 05:53 AM
Thats all the junk you own? Pfft. Our Junk Pile Is Bigger than Your Junk Pile!

Plague
04-02-2011, 06:31 AM
Sure it is. But I don't have to share it with people like you. There is never enough trash and junk for pathetic tribe if you get my point :P

ifireallymust
04-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Thats all the junk you own? Pfft. Our Junk Pile Is Bigger than Your Junk Pile!

Would that be a Pandemic member, by chance? Tearing up the junk piles around other people? And what happened to that whole bit where you said you trade for what you need? Hm. Guess it's time for me to move, before tribes trying to create scarcity succeed. And all the tribes doing this, those are the tribes the rest of us should always be damn sure never to trade with, too.

Shrimps
04-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Rescource wars only started because the PVP system is fucked.

If people had the proper systems and tools to fight back by destroying their tribe and stealing their rescources in retalliation it would be more rare.

Actually I would settle for just combat that's not so warpy, you can't hardly kill the griefers if they run anymore :(

d3m0nd0
04-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Would that be a Pandemic member, by chance? Tearing up the junk piles around other people? And what happened to that whole bit where you said you trade for what you need? Hm. Guess it's time for me to move, before tribes trying to create scarcity succeed. And all the tribes doing this, those are the tribes the rest of us should always be damn sure never to trade with, too.

Im sorry, but dont force you morals on others. You consider doing these things are evil, but thats is only from your own perspective. And as far as im concerned, you aint the voice of the community honey. The Community can speak for its self.

ifireallymust
04-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Im sorry, but dont force you morals on others. You consider doing these things are evil, but thats is only from your own perspective. And as far as im concerned, you aint the voice of the community honey. The Community can speak for its self.

How quickly they turn! Listen, honey, the community can take that suggestion of mine or leave it, I don't really care. Nor can I force my morals on others even if I wanted to. Yes, I think destroying junk while hording your own to create scarcity is a despicable thing to do, because it has the potential to frustrate and perhaps even drive away new players.

In any case, I'm glad to have seen your true colors shining through. You want power, so you're going to do whatever you can to get it. Not power to do what you want in the game, but power over others. Well, that's how a lot of people play MMOs, and that's how a lot of people go through life, too. But it's not how I play. So I'll enjoy playing my way, back on a junk pile to prevent your way from ruining my fun. And that, honey, is what it's all about.

d3m0nd0
04-03-2011, 03:03 AM
How quickly they turn! Listen, honey, the community can take that suggestion of mine or leave it, I don't really care. Nor can I force my morals on others even if I wanted to. Yes, I think destroying junk while hording your own to create scarcity is a despicable thing to do, because it has the potential to frustrate and perhaps even drive away new players.

In any case, I'm glad to have seen your true colors shining through. You want power, so you're going to do whatever you can to get it. Not power to do what you want in the game, but power over others. Well, that's how a lot of people play MMOs, and that's how a lot of people go through life, too. But it's not how I play. So I'll enjoy playing my way, back on a junk pile to prevent your way from ruining my fun. And that, honey, is what it's all about.

If anything, Pandemic has done nothing but increase the player, base, look how many new players we take on and show how to play. They stick around longer than any other new players because, they get helped. Sure we slowly turn them into
trolls, harrassers, griefers, junk pile destroyers, sometimes carebears to sort out our loot bags so we dont have to or even use them to sort out trade agreements. Power? No you misunderstand completely. Where here to be douchebags. Lovable ones. So sit there and cry about your tiny junk pile being destoyed, theres plently of people who can play this game even without a junk pile. We often trade out junk for Bricks and Morter, As its time consuming, Sure the guy at the other end gets screw'd over, but atleast they get what they need.

pendergraft
04-03-2011, 04:16 AM
If anything, Pandemic has done nothing but increase the player, base, look how many new players we take on and show how to play. They stick around longer than any other new players because, they get helped. Sure we slowly turn them into
trolls, harrassers, griefers, junk pile destroyers, sometimes carebears to sort out our loot bags so we dont have to or even use them to sort out trade agreements. Power? No you misunderstand completely. Where here to be douchebags. Lovable ones. So sit there and cry about your tiny junk pile being destoyed, theres plently of people who can play this game even without a junk pile. We often trade out junk for Bricks and Morter, As its time consuming, Sure the guy at the other end gets screw'd over, but atleast they get what they need.

I salute your mother for her unflappable dedication to picnicking beneath high-voltage power lines whilst you oafishly gestated within her bedraggled womb. Who knew you could raise paint chip ingestion to an art form?

Plague
04-03-2011, 04:17 AM
How shortsighted and how arrogant you are my dear wannabe top griefer. Only thing you will achieve is to make people move far away from you while you destroy junk piles next to you. That tactics is extremly retarted and very pathetic. And once PVP is fixed it will take you 3 hours to reach the area where someone will be there to fight you. It's either that or leaving your sand castle behind and moving yourself.

You do not shit in your own garden - ancient wisdom you forget so often. If there is someone crapping up their own back yard that is you. It is only a matter of time before people start leaving pathetic tribe due to complete lack of wisdom and long term plan. Even I as a solo player have a 2 months plan in xsyon and your only plan is to grief others.

d3m0nd0
04-03-2011, 06:57 AM
How shortsighted and how arrogant you are my dear wannabe top griefer. Only thing you will achieve is to make people move far away from you while you destroy junk piles next to you. That tactics is extremly retarted and very pathetic. And once PVP is fixed it will take you 3 hours to reach the area where someone will be there to fight you. It's either that or leaving your sand castle behind and moving yourself.

You do not shit in your own garden - ancient wisdom you forget so often. If there is someone crapping up their own back yard that is you. It is only a matter of time before people start leaving pathetic tribe due to complete lack of wisdom and long term plan. Even I as a solo player have a 2 months plan in xsyon and your only plan is to grief others.

First off, Whats a "Retart." Secondly, We aint crapping in our own guardian, Were crapping in everyone elses. And Finally, Is one of the best things about this game, is people like us? People that drive the community to band together for a purpose?
Otherwise you would all most likely destroy each other with your TERRIBLE (yes ur prime suspect in this one plague) Suggestions you litter this forums with, with no real thought behind them whatsoever. You assume the community is full of people who love each other and skip down roads singing pre-school songs. Its the opposite. Most people playing this game, are trolls, griefers, pvpers, witha few carebear crafters dazzled on top.

Even hopi tribe in the last few days has shown there true colours, advertising themselves as a friendly, carebear loving, crafter whoring, community. But there no different, They kill crafters, troll threads, and brag about pathetic achievements just as much. And as a solo player, who only cares for things that affect you, that makes you more so selfish when compared to tribes who works together and help each other. So dont pretend to be on some form of high horse buddy. You'r just a dirty, trollin, griefer like the rest of us. You may not know it, but you are. Try reading half the posts you make.

And as the Mods/Ingame Guides have said multiple times, and here i will quote them again, "If it aint on ur property (tribe land), It aint yours, BRAH!" (I added the Brah bit!).

Jadzia
04-03-2011, 07:21 AM

Totally agree. Thats why I find this tactic very funny...actually the griefers kill the game for themselves. They will be soon all alone in their area, and will quit out of boredom. Thats why some already complaining that they never see anyone....lol what do you expect in an open PvP game where you have to be afraid from other players ? Everyone will hide and only show himself for friends. Quite funny imo. All the griefers will be gone and the game will be filled with us, happy carebears ;)

To be serious earlier I thought that the game will work well with the planned PK penalties. After seeing how much open PvP decrease the amount of social interactions in the game more and more I'd like to see another version of Xsyon, one with a big PvP zone and big safe zone. It would be interesting to see how the game works with that setting.

Dontaze_Mebro
04-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Totally agree. Thats why I find this tactic very funny...actually the griefers kill the game for themselves. They will be soon all alone in their area, and will quit out of boredom. Thats why some already complaining that they never see anyone....lol what do you expect in an open PvP game where you have to be afraid from other players ? Everyone will hide and only show himself for friends. Quite funny imo. All the griefers will be gone and the game will be filled with us, happy carebears ;)

To be serious earlier I thought that the game will work well with the planned PK penalties. After seeing how much open PvP decrease the amount of social interactions in the game more and more I'd like to see another version of Xsyon, one with a big PvP zone and big safe zone. It would be interesting to see how the game works with that setting.

I find all of your ideas in this post to be bad. Mainly if all the pvp leave do you really think this game will be "filled" with carebears? I think you're sorely mistaken, but that's how carebears think. They don't want other players in the sandbox that don't agree with how they think things should be done. PVP don't really care what you do. They feel if you want to do something about it organize and defend yourself as is intended in an open world sandbox with full loot pvp.

d3m0nd0
04-03-2011, 07:55 AM
I find all of your ideas in this post to be bad. Mainly if all the pvp leave do you really think this game will be "filled" with carebears? I think you're sorely mistaken, but that's how carebears think. They don't want other players in the sandbox that don't agree with how they think things should be done. PVP don't really care what you do. They feel if you want to do something about it organize and defend yourself as is intended in an open world sandbox with full loot pvp.

If PvP was removed, Griefers would fine another way of Griefing you. A Known Fact. They do it to make people angry, To make themselves feel better. And by letting them know that you are angry (by posting endless "rage/complain/whine" topics on a forum for example) you just merely feed them. And even if you think you "owned" them, you aint. They will just continue to grief. Best way to hurt a griefer? Just plain outright ignore em. But people are to easily tricked into doing otherwise. ^^

Jadzia
04-03-2011, 08:57 AM
I didn't post any ideas in my comment, did I ? I said how I see the future of that kind of griefing tactic. Its ok if you don't agree with it but I can already see it happening, people who concentrate on griefing are already quitting the game. And yes, if all the PvPers leave the ones who will stay are the carebears...or is there any other type of players ? If you mean that carebears will leave after the PvPers left my guess is you are wrong, but only time can tell. But if you pay attention on the smiley in my post, I was kind of joking.

And I didn't say I wanted the PvPers to be removed form the game, I said they kill the game for themselves so they leave. How is this an idea ?

d3m0nd0
04-03-2011, 09:23 AM
I didn't post any ideas in my comment, did I ? I said how I see the future of that kind of griefing tactic. Its ok if you don't agree with it but I can already see it happening, people who concentrate on griefing are already quitting the game. And yes, if all the PvPers leave the ones who will stay are the carebears...or is there any other type of players ? If you mean that carebears will leave after the PvPers left my guess is you are wrong, but only time can tell. But if you pay attention on the smiley in my post, I was kind of joking.

And I didn't say I wanted the PvPers to be removed form the game, I said they kill the game for themselves so they leave. How is this an idea ?

Your confusing a Pvper witha griefer. To PvP Is Not to Grief. PKing Is Griefing, but it doesnt make you a Griefer, and as i said there are other ways to Grief Someone, other than to Kill Them. Example. Paving Over a Junkyard, Deforesting, Breaking game mechanic's to ruin anothers fun, Spamming campfires to make a word thats someone might find offensive, non of those are PvP. Griefing is completely seperate from Pvp, its just To Kill Someone then harass them is one way inwhich you can grief someone, and tbh its the beginner griefers that use this. More advanced griefing requires... more advanced methods. Its Almost an Artform within itself.

Jadzia
04-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Your confusing a Pvper witha griefer. To PvP Is Not to Grief. PKing Is Griefing, but it doesnt make you a Griefer, and as i said there are other ways to Grief Someone, other than to Kill Them. Example. Paving Over a Junkyard, Deforesting, Breaking game mechanic's to ruin anothers fun, Spamming campfires to make a word thats someone might find offensive, non of those are PvP. Griefing is completely seperate from Pvp, its just To Kill Someone then harass them is one way inwhich you can grief someone, and tbh its the beginner griefers that use this. More advanced griefing requires... more advanced methods. Its Almost an Artform within itself.

You are right, PvP and griefing are 2 totally different things, I didn't want to mix them up, if it sounded so I'm sorry. In my fist post I didn't even mention PvP players, I meant griefers and only them, actually was talking about griefers who destroy junk piles and trees. In my 2nd post I only mentioned PvPers to reply to Dontaze_Mebro who started to talk about them.

Amnesia
04-03-2011, 09:59 AM
First off, Whats a "Retart." Secondly, We aint crapping in our own guardian, Were crapping in everyone elses.

Lovely how, people that correct someone's spelling, drop the ball themselves so often.

orious13
04-03-2011, 10:12 AM
We still need players like demondo and pandemic. Their antics make eventual pvp for good and neutrals more fun (even if they are neutral they're still evil :] )...even if griefing possibilities go away completely (which would be nearly impossible).

Plague
04-04-2011, 01:28 AM

Hey don't talk too much when you don't know what you are saying. I killed your griefer Durin two times last night while he was paving junkpiles next to me and in the end he dropped a totem on a junkpile so he can not be killed any more. That is not pvp, that is pure cowardly griefage. Then I went to sleep and 7 hours later he was still paving junkpiles. His statement was "but there is nothing else to do in Xsyon". Your tribe is not PVP, just admit what you are so we can move on.

And yes you will be left alone in your back yard with all the junkpiles paved and no one around you for at least 2 zones. Good luck emoragequiting after that.

STAR_GOD
04-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Oh i remember that fire campfires looooool... thats quite funnny but that wasnt us thats society of anvil so get your facts right ^^.. plus judging by ur posts I think the message that is spelled in hillside states true fact...

xyberviri
04-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Then I went to sleep and 7 hours later he was still paving junkpiles.

You do know that if this player was doing this for 7 hours strait you could have reported it to a guide since it is considered griefing. you also had plenty of time for the guide to show up and see the player greifing.

Sirius
04-04-2011, 08:58 AM

this post hurt my ears

Plague
04-05-2011, 01:40 AM
You do know that if this player was doing this for 7 hours strait you could have reported it to a guide since it is considered griefing. you also had plenty of time for the guide to show up and see the player greifing.

You are wrong. I spoke with GMs about this already and paving junkpiles IS ALLOWED. It goes with terraforming land around someone, placing walls, moving rivers (if possible), chopping down all trees etc. And I'm fine with that since he can not touch junk I have covered with my totem. But trees do hurt and since there is no regrowth chopping down trees out of malice, although allowed, is bad taste.

Also I would like to APPOLOGISE to Pandemic tribe for assuming that Durin is Pandemic member. I didn't do my homework on this one, Durin and griefers around him belong to SOTA. This makes SOTA worst tribe in Xsyon by far. Again sorry Pandemic, I still think you suck in general but I do owe you this one. If its any consolation I went to your lands yesterday and I think you did a good job on your sandcastle, pretty impressive.

Bigdaddy2292
04-06-2011, 04:43 AM
. This makes SOTA worst tribe in Xsyon by far. .

you may be underestimating 420's ability to fail :)

Dubanka
04-06-2011, 07:23 AM
I meant griefers and only them, actually was talking about griefers who destroy junk piles and trees.

I don't see chopping down trees as griefing. It's economic warfare.
We chopped down a lot of trees.
We got our trees chopped down around us.
However we logged and stockpiled a lot of our own trees before they got got.
Now, if crafting were worth 2 shits, i'd be saying:

/Trade: Hi. I'm Dubanka. I have lots of stockpiled lumber, mostly precut into small logs. I am willing to trade my timber for [something else of value if anything else was of value].

I'd have a virtual monopoly on the market!

now, if seiging was in. You could say:
/war SCREW YOU DUBANKA I"M GONNA COME TAKE YOUR LUMBER BECAUSE YOU'RE MEAN FOR CUTTING DOWN EVERYONE'S TREES!

and then you could try.

and lose.

and i'd still have a monopoloy on lumber.

but it would have been fun.

a lot more fun than crying on the forum because someone took all your trees or bulldozed your junk pile.

xyberviri
04-06-2011, 08:11 AM
You are wrong. I spoke with GMs about this already and paving junkpiles IS ALLOWED. It goes with terraforming land around someone, placing walls, moving rivers (if possible), chopping down all trees etc. And I'm fine with that since he can not touch junk I have covered with my totem. But trees do hurt and since there is no regrowth chopping down trees out of malice, although allowed, is bad taste.

to the information I got was if they terraform junk and then pull the totem and then move it and then start terraforming again then that is considered greifing.

r4NGe
04-07-2011, 11:01 AM
double posteded

r4NGe
04-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Also I would like to APPOLOGISE to Pandemic tribe for assuming that Durin is Pandemic member. I didn't do my homework on this one, Durin and griefers around him belong to SOTA. This makes SOTA worst tribe in Xsyon by far. Again sorry Pandemic, I still think you suck in general but I do owe you this one. If its any consolation I went to your lands yesterday and I think you did a good job on your sandcastle, pretty impressive.

Finally, credit where credit is due.

Plague
04-07-2011, 01:44 PM
to the information I got was if they terraform junk and then pull the totem and then move it and then start terraforming again then that is considered greifing.

Are you sure? If this is the case then SOTA are officialy griefers and should be reported and banned for it as Durin moves his totem around and destroys junk. Confirm / deny please.

orious13
04-07-2011, 01:59 PM
I think the concept of destroying the junkpiles is fine when one uses the (take the resources tactic). I do not agree that totem hoping to terraform should be a viable way to destroy junkpiles. I guess paving them would work as of now(right?), but I wish that paving would only work on "cleared" or grassy terrain if that's possible.

Koll
04-08-2011, 09:56 PM
I don't see chopping down trees as griefing. It's economic warfare.
We chopped down a lot of trees.
We got our trees chopped down around us.
However we logged and stockpiled a lot of our own trees before they got got.
Now, if crafting were worth 2 shits, i'd be saying:

/Trade: Hi. I'm Dubanka. I have lots of stockpiled lumber, mostly precut into small logs. I am willing to trade my timber for [something else of value if anything else was of value].

I'd have a virtual monopoly on the market!

now, if seiging was in. You could say:
/war SCREW YOU DUBANKA I"M GONNA COME TAKE YOUR LUMBER BECAUSE YOU'RE MEAN FOR CUTTING DOWN EVERYONE'S TREES!

and then you could try.

and lose.

and i'd still have a monopoloy on lumber.

but it would have been fun.

a lot more fun than crying on the forum because someone took all your trees or bulldozed your junk pile.

you seems like a fun guy... but sadly I think you will get bored too soon :(

nekosun
04-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Worried that someone will come and pave over your junkpile in the dead of night just for the lolz? Set up a grid of baskets, and no one will be able to terraform the area.

Haven & Hearth remove skill points on baskets, it 1200+ baskets in one zone

Plague
04-09-2011, 04:04 AM
Haven & Hearth remove skill points on baskets, it 1200+ baskets in one zone

No. Place a totem and you can move baskets. This is what totem-hoppers do. No skill required.

MrDDT
04-09-2011, 10:18 AM
I agree they shouldnt be doing this, however, I do believe its best for the game. Sadly it will cause people to want to trade resources, which is soooo needed in this game to improve the ECON.

But I think the devs should set the resource locs not players. This would prevent some players having all the piles because they griefed others out of theirs.

Cyrus
04-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Just watched one soloer do this and waste one radius of dump near us with terraform, before leaving.

Didn't get the reason before reading this post.

An NO way to kill him inside his "safe zone".

Should be classed as evil at least.

meissner61
04-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Im not sure what this thread is about now, but i do believe there were talks about making the land go back to its original points after a tribe disbands

jokhul
04-10-2011, 12:03 AM
In a game where PvP is an important part of the action, economic warfare (destroying trees and junkpiles) should be a legitimate practice.

However, the protection of said resources should be equally possible. Without the ability to build walls around assets and install a gate to keep out raiders, the situation becomes unbalanced. You cannot defend something if you are not there to defend it, and nobody can be logged-in to a game 24/7. Even if you have nothing else to do in RL, you have to sleep sometimes.

The protection of assets in MMO's is always a tricky problem. The game has to simulate RL, but unlike RL, you do not participate in a game 24/7. That's why most games have "attack windows" where assets only become vulnerable at specific times. These systems and "counterbalances" do not exist in Xsyon yet. Instead we have a temporary solution where some things can never be attacked while others can always be attacked.

This unbalanced state is a common problem in games that start with only "core features" at launch, and are then developed further piece by piece. An example would be the implementation of magic spells for combat before magic resistance is implemented. Suddenly everyone plays a mage, because they are OP untill the rest of the system is working.