PDA

View Full Version : FIX THE DAM COMBAT FRAME LAG

STAR_GOD
04-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Seriously havent been able to pvp for month properly... you think u hitting person from behind but actualy he is its just behind u this is dam dumb... Pvp system is bad and we know but dont make it stupid that we cant even pvp because of unstable server... seriously that needs to be looked at no one even pvps anymore... so all we can do is carebare

Armand
04-02-2011, 11:51 AM
What's the matter, lost another match? lol

I have to agree that it's particularly bad though at the moment.

STAR_GOD
04-02-2011, 11:52 AM
What's the matter, lost another match? lol

I have to agree that it's particularly bad though at the moment.

yeah i think all pvpers know what i atalking about who wants to go out and fight when its like this loool... its all about luck then

Armand
04-02-2011, 11:54 AM
yeah i think all pvpers know what i atalking about who wants to go out and fight when its like this loool... its all about luck then

Exactly. Some people just happen to be unlucky 100% of the time.

tripthedancers
04-02-2011, 11:58 AM
chased a guy down for awhile couldnt move past his model yet couldnt land a blow

AlexTaldren
04-02-2011, 11:59 AM
The zone lag makes it difficult to PvP along borders, but if you're within a zone, the combat hasn't changed a bit since the start. As bad as the combat system is, it isn't like it's only bad for some--we're all dealing with it. Yet, at the same time, some people seem to be adapting to it better than others.

Additional note to developers: Remove the ability to caps lock thread titles. Thanks.

STAR_GOD
04-02-2011, 12:09 PM
The zone lag makes it difficult to PvP along borders, but if you're within a zone, the combat hasn't changed a bit since the start. As bad as the combat system is, it isn't like it's only bad for some--we're all dealing with it. Yet, at the same time, some people seem to be adapting to it better than others.

Additional note to developers: Remove the ability to caps lock thread titles. Thanks.

I dont think u have even read thread and just trying to troll and you are boring me beyound... I know we all dealing with the incompetance of this game... we are just crafting and thats all we can do the pvp frame lag hasnt been fixed since beta and still here now its even worse since one of the patch releasese it has made pvp just pointless...

You cant hit and if you kill someone it aint skill it just you had lag on ur side lol... this aint pvp and you got to agree i dont think anyone disagrees...

But the again because u in hopi u think bunch guys that come down in bone armor take on naked people and win should be glorified because the lag was on their side and they were all pimped out ^^ that aint pvp thats just stupidity ^^ BIG MAN

Armand
04-02-2011, 12:12 PM
I dont think u have even read thread and just trying to troll and you are boring me beyound... I know we all dealing with the incompetance of this game... we are just crafting and thats all we can do the pvp frame lag hasnt been fixed since beta and still here now its even worse since one of the patch releasese it has made pvp just pointless...

You cant hit and if you kill someone it aint skill it just you had lag on ur side lol... this aint pvp and you got to agree i dont think anyone disagrees...

But the again because u in hopi u think bunch guys that come down in bone armor take on naked people and win should be glorified because the lag was on their side and they were all pimped out ^^ that aint pvp thats just stupidity ^^ BIG MAN

Hey, if you talk the talk, then walk the walk.

AlexTaldren
04-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Based on what I've heard, your PvP problems are rooted in more than just lag.

...my own guild leader couldn't lead himself out of a paper bag...

STAR_GOD
04-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Based on what I've heard, your PvP problems are rooted in more than just lag.

You take word of Cejay that post is many weeks old I aint even bringing this subject up... I would be mroe concerned with your own tribe Alex 103 members and state of your city is no further then junk pile doesnt say much about hopi tribe... You guys fail too much...

Armand
04-02-2011, 12:29 PM
You take word of Cejay that post is many weeks old I aint even bringing this subject up... I would be mroe concerned with your own tribe Alex 103 members and state of your city is no further then junk pile doesnt say much about hopi tribe... You guys fail too much...

How is babby formed?

jokhul
04-02-2011, 12:32 PM

WTF ?

Pandemic claiming they can "carebear" better than Hopi ? What is the world coming to ?

But I guess if you can't win at PvP, there's always terraforming... :D

STAR_GOD
04-02-2011, 12:34 PM
keep talking guys when they fix this lag i will be eating ur corpses

Armand
04-02-2011, 12:42 PM
keep talking guys when they fix this lag i will be easting ur corpses

I hear easting too fast gives you undigestitation. Be careful.

STAR_GOD
04-02-2011, 12:43 PM
i can see by amount of hopi repply u guys got nothing to do ^^.. how boring...

jokhul
04-02-2011, 12:45 PM
keep talking guys when they fix this lag i will be eating ur corpses

Before u can do that, u'd actually have to WIN at PvP, lol

Now, perhaps u'd like to enroll for one of our "How to fight in Xsyon" teaching courses ? Our fees are quite reasonable....

Rhodes
04-02-2011, 12:58 PM
i can see by amount of hopi repply u guys got nothing to do ^^.. how boring...

We just finished hauling over 200 full stacks of raw materials through 2 zones.. In that time, you've flatenned your area.
How do we gauge success? If it's by the cummulative value of our tribes, then we have you beat for the next two years on our sheer overwhelming amount of resources, alone.
Is it by PvP prowess? We've engaged three large tribes, killed many dozens of players, and have yet to die a single time.
If the system is based on luck, then I'm retiring tonight, off a lottery ticket.

We came to your tribe, by request, to defend ourselves against your taunts. We beat you into the ground.
So yes.. When the lag is fixed, you may perform better. But it's not like we're going to perform worse.

I'd like to see all this trolling cleared up, on the forums. The game is up and relatively stable. If we have words to be said, we can say them in game.
I'm not placing any blame, there are Hopi members that are clearly trolling this thread.

Let's try to keep it on topic and let this matter settle here.

In Note:
I know some of you would like us to prove our lack of defeats. However, it's not up to us to post these things.
Ask the people we have engaged to show the proof themselves because we have none.

[EDIT]

Let's not mistake intelligence for arrogance.
Doing so will only prove my point.

STAR_GOD
04-02-2011, 01:08 PM
So much arrogance it will be great seeing you more around ^^

Sirius
04-02-2011, 01:17 PM
The zone lag makes it difficult to PvP along borders, but if you're within a zone, the combat hasn't changed a bit since the start.

This statement is complete and utter BS. The end.

As bad as the combat system is, it isn't like it's only bad for some--we're all dealing with it. Yet, at the same time, some people seem to be adapting to it better than others.

Please explain how you "adapt" to a system in which your client only updates the position, direction, and velocity of other players every 3-5 seconds? Oh yeah -- you don't. You make "guestimates" as to where your opponent is, and those "guestimates" will be wrong 100% of the time unless the opponent is a complete idiot or AFK.

I'd like to see all this trolling cleared up, on the forums. The game is up and relatively stable.

Hmm let's see: player position/movement sync is on a 5 second delay. But the server isn't crashing! Totally playable, d00dz!

AlexTaldren
04-02-2011, 01:25 PM

Please explain how you "adapt" to a system in which your client only updates the position, direction, and velocity of other players every 3-5 seconds? Oh yeah -- you don't. You make "guestimates" as to where your opponent is, and those "guestimates" will be wrong 100% of the time unless the opponent is a complete idiot or AFK.

Hmm let's see: player position/movement sync is on a 5 second delay. But the server isn't crashing! Totally playable, d00dz!

Not sure what to tell you. We aren't having the same rampant problems you are with the PvP. Are there sync issues? Sure. Are they bad enough to make it 100% luck that determines the outcomes of equal engagements? Not in my experience.

Sorry if this upsets you, but I have no reason to lie about it.

Sirius
04-02-2011, 01:40 PM
If you think "combat hasn't changed a bit since the start", it's clear you're not experiencing the same sync issues as other people, and thus pretty ridiculous and stupid for you to presume to lecture people on how it's manageable.

Why don't you put this in your sig? http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2007/03/the-works-on-my-machine-certification-program.html

Yeah ... FYI: 5 second desync --> outcome = 100% luck, unless, as I said, your opponent is a complete idiot or AFK.

AlexTaldren
04-02-2011, 01:52 PM
If you think "combat hasn't changed a bit since the start", it's clear you're not experiencing the same sync issues as other people, and thus pretty ridiculous and stupid for you to presume to lecture people on how it's manageable.

Why don't you put this in your sig? http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2007/03/the-works-on-my-machine-certification-program.html

Yeah ... FYI: 5 second desync --> outcome = 100% luck, unless, as I said, your opponent is a complete idiot or AFK.

I wasn't lecturing, just simply explaining my experience with the combat thus far. Again, I apologize if my opinion on the subject upsets you. I hope whatever issues you're having get resolved.

Sirius
04-02-2011, 02:05 PM
The following quote definitively shows that what you just said is also utter BS:

but if you're within a zone, the combat hasn't changed a bit since the start. As bad as the combat system is, it isn't like it's only bad for some--we're all dealing with it

Not only are you wrong for saying "combat hasn't changed a bit since the start", since some people are having huge desync and you've admitted yours is not that bad, it's clear you're also wrong when you say everyone is having the same sync problems, for exactly the same reasons.

Hence when you tell people they simply need to "adapt" when you're not having the same desync, that is lecturing, and it is ridiculous. Your "opinion" on the subject doesn't upset me, but making false claims about the server status isn't an "opinion".. it's just false claims.

The end.

Now, I have to go afk awhile, so I won't be around to correct what you say. Thus, please don't post anything for awhile.

Armand
04-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Are some of you playing with 486s? That might be more of an issue.

-Edit-

Back up to very decent framerates on minimum settings in a crowded zone on a Pentium 4 system that uses PC3200 RAM and an AGP slot. I kind of doubt anyone has a lower-specced machine than this, so I've got to assume that the FPS is fixed for most everyone.

Oh there it is.

STAR_GOD
04-02-2011, 02:29 PM

I really could not have said it better.. kudos to sirius...

Sirius
04-02-2011, 02:46 PM

Oh there it is.

Since I experience the same thing on my dual-core system and my tribe mates experience the same thing with 4 and 6 core systems, great cards, etc, it's pretty clear that it's not because of my hardware spec.

Thanks for the "it must be your machine" suggestion, though. Always helpful and relevant.

AlexTaldren
04-02-2011, 02:47 PM
The following quote definitively shows that what you just said is also utter BS:

Not only are you wrong for saying "combat hasn't changed a bit since the start", since some people are having huge desync and you've admitted yours is not that bad, it's clear you're also wrong when you say everyone is having the same sync problems, for exactly the same reasons.

Hence when you tell people they simply need to "adapt" when you're not having the same desync, that is lecturing, and it is ridiculous. Your "opinion" on the subject doesn't upset me, but making false claims about the server status isn't an "opinion".. it's just false claims.

The end.

Now, I have to go afk awhile, so I won't be around to correct what you say. Thus, please don't post anything for awhile.

Sorry to hear you're still having issues, mate. Have you upgraded your DirectX lately? I hear DirectX 7 fixes a lot of the issues.

Armand
04-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Since I experience the same thing on my dual-core system and my tribe mates experience the same thing with 4 and 6 core systems, great cards, etc, it's pretty clear that it's not because of my hardware spec.

Thanks for the "it must be your machine" suggestion, though. Always helpful and relevant.

Have you tried the game on a toaster yet for comparison?

Sirius
04-02-2011, 03:06 PM
So you both admit you have no relevant comments to contribute to this discussion and are just here to flame people?

Armand
04-02-2011, 03:21 PM
So you both admit you have no relevant comments to contribute to this discussion and are just here to flame people?

Pointing out that outdated hardware may be a contributing factor in poor overall performance?

Oh the humanity...

Sirius
04-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Pointing out that outdated hardware may be a contributing factor in poor overall performance?

After I pointed out that people on mid-range and high-end systems were having exactly the same issues, you suggested I try playing the game on a toaster.

That's flaming, not "pointing out that outdated hardware may be a contributing factor in poor overall performance", you clueless nub.

Armand
04-02-2011, 03:34 PM
After I demonstrated that people on mid-range and high-end systems were having exactly the same issues, you suggested I try playing the game on a toaster.

That's flaming, not "pointing out that outdated hardware may be a contributing factor in poor overall performance", you clueless nub.

How did you demonstrate this, as opposed to claim it? I raise your "clueless nub" with an "illiterate buffoon" good sir.

Sirius
04-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Fixed. Nitpicking on vocabulary when it's obvious what I meant -- 4tw.

Armand
04-02-2011, 04:16 PM

-Fin.

*fade to black*

Sirius
04-02-2011, 04:21 PM
You think this is expert trolling, don't you?

AlexTaldren
04-02-2011, 04:22 PM

Words have different meanings for a reason. If you want to be understood and communicate clearly, using the correct words is crucial.

Sirius
04-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Sure. But it wasn't crucial here. You and Armand both knew what I meant. The reader is ordinarily expected not to willfully misunderstand what he's reading.

Shrimps
04-02-2011, 05:11 PM

-Edit-

Oh there it is.

Hardware is not the issue. I'm receiving the same horrendous warping on my machine and I'm running

Windows 7
Intel core i5 overclocked
Nvidia Geforce GTX 570
Dedicated sound card
4GB ram

Not exactly a shabby system and I get a constant 40ms ping (barring lag spikes)

So the issue is server / code related.

Armand
04-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Hardware is not the issue. I'm receiving the same horrendous warping on my machine and I'm running

Windows 7
Intel core i5 overclocked
Nvidia Geforce GTX 570
Dedicated sound card
4GB ram

Not exactly a shabby system and I get a constant 40ms ping (barring lag spikes)

So the issue is server / code related.

So the tests have shown that it's 100% server side for those with low end hardware, correct?

STAR_GOD
04-02-2011, 05:21 PM
And this was supposed to be serious thread...

Shrimps
04-02-2011, 05:22 PM
So the tests have shown that it's 100% server side for those with low end hardware, correct?

Well I suppose I could've gone on to say that everyone in my clan has these issues and we are all on rigs equivilant or better than mine.

So common sense would dictate that if the higher end machines and the lower end machines are both having these issues then it would be safe to say that it is server side.

Of course if common sense is not coming in to play, which I suspect it is not here. You could say that it's all caused by an angry donut, but that would require a level of denial that baffles me and yet is very much commonplace on the forums.

Sirius
04-02-2011, 05:28 PM

The tests have shown that the result is the same regardless of hardware; hence it's irrelevant to inquire about what hardware a player has... unless you are going to claim that it's those few players running at the low end of the system requirements that are causing the sync problems for everybody, in which case it's still something that needs to be fixed in the client or server code by Notorious Games – unless they want to revise the system requirements upwards.

Or maybe you want to claim that people with older hardware have only their hardware to blame, while people with high-end systems are having the exact same problem for completely unknown reasons?

Man, you sure are expending a lot of effort to dig yourself out of this hole. Hint: more digging is not the answer.

Of course if common sense is not coming in to play, which I suspect it is not here. You could say that it's all caused by an angry donut, but that would require a level of denial that baffles me and yet is very much commonplace on the forums.

I LOL'd.. very well said.

Armand
04-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Well I suppose I could've gone on to say that everyone in my clan has these issues and we are all on rigs equivilant or better than mine.

So common sense would dictate that if the higher end machines and the lower end machines are both having these issues then it would be safe to say that it is server side.

So what you're saying is that people playing the game on Pentiums are having the exact same issues as thiose with i7s, and that the disparity between the hardware contributes in no way to the intensity of playability issues.

Makes perfect sense.

Excuse me while I dust off my old 386 and boot up Crysis 2.

d3m0nd0
04-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Its funny, Hopi Tribe, comes and kills like 3 of our crafters, and then claims UBER L33t PVP SKILLS! Then they feel the need to make a video and post pictures of them killing said crafters. Hardcore.

Which brings me to a quote I read on these very forums, "Who are the real carebears, Carebears who Craft All day, Or the "PvP"ers Who Kill Only Carebears".

Oops, looks like some noobs just got burned, Looks like there gonna have to run back to there city, oops, i mean "UBER L33T" fortress! AKA Collection of Tents and nothing else, to replan there failed trolling stratgy.

Sirius
04-02-2011, 05:34 PM
So what you're saying is that people playing the game on Pentiums are having the exact same issues as thiose with i7s, and that the disparity between the hardware contributes in no way to the intensity of playability issues.

Makes perfect sense.

Excuse me while I dust off my old 386 and boot up Crysis 2.

Wow, you fail at logic.. hardcore.

PROTIP 4 U: saying that this particular sync problem in this particular game is unaffected by the hardware a given client is running on != saying that the causes of all performance problems in all games are hardware independent

Every time you post, you say something more stupid.

Armand
04-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Wow, you fail at logic.. hardcore.

PROTIP 4 U: saying that this particular sync problem in this particular game is unaffected by the hardware a given client is running on != saying that the causes of all performance problems in all games are hardware independent

Every time you post, you say something more stupid.

You're the one supporting that correlation, not me. I'm only saying it's a possibility, and that your ability to properly assess the causes is void due to your ancient hardware.

"Learn 2 English", bub.

GuideEzekiel
04-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Play nicely on the forums, boys and girls.

Virtus
04-02-2011, 05:46 PM
but isn't any more, locked