PDA

View Full Version : Apache is selling bins and other items

KeithStone
04-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Apache has been around since beta, we have a strong tribe community and have decided to back our preferred currency.

We are in Zone: 897 Pos: 987x1014 Right on the lake!

We take Dollar bills, Quarters, and Pennies - we would also take any other type of bills like 5's, 10's, etc if they are even in game, also dimes and nickles if they are in game is well, but i doubt it.

We sell the following:
Bins for $15 or 10 for $100
Scavengers Rod/Fishing Pole for $10
Saw Blades $80
Knife Blades: $20
Metal Buckles $150
Metal Decorations $250
Rainbow Trout stack of 10 for $20
Feathers $2

Over 150 recipes in stock! Pricing works like this: Level 40 recipe sells at $20x4 = $80 - recipes under level 20 sells for $60

We will buy the following in limited quantities: We purchase based on available funds
Rainbow Trout Stack of 10 for $15

Nails: Stacks of 30 for $40
Rivets: Stacks of 30 for $40
Bolts: Stacks of 30 for $40
Screws: Stacks of 30 for $40

We will add more items to this list very soon, so check back often!

Note* When we have the ability to use an in game merchant/auction or when they fix the quest system we will not do manual trades, right now we have no other choice.

Contact in game for more info:

Geronimo
TenoMeric
TokTok
Bosillo

Morgan
04-05-2011, 10:06 AM
legitimate question:

How long does it take for you to gather materials and make a bin?
How long does it take to scavenge $25?

I'd be curious to know if it's an equal amount of time.

Rhodes
04-05-2011, 10:12 AM
The time frame is irrelevant in that comparison because not everyone has the ability to make a bin.
Everyone has the ability to scavenge $25.

In addition, a player could scavenge $10, buy a pole and then sell tons of rainbow trout for however much money they need.

Good initiative, Apache.

Morgan
04-05-2011, 11:06 AM
alright, more relevant question:

how long does it take to grind basketry to make a bin?

Those times may be equal.

Miyukini
04-05-2011, 11:17 AM
I pay 10$ for 4grass (a stack)

I sell a bin 15$

Look at my totem

I'm at 817 740 90

xyberviri
04-05-2011, 11:25 AM

not everyone that picks basketry starts with a bin, unless you specifically pick basketry you dont have ability to make bins. also given time to make and fail multiple bins over time compounds the amount of time it takes to make a massive amount of bins there by increasing the cost.

Where scavenging money increased the yield per pull which will further depreciate the value of the money and increase the cost.

KeithStone
04-05-2011, 01:24 PM

As of right now not a single person has a found a bin recipe, so if you don't start with the ability to make bins you won't be able to ever make them. Of course this could change, but that's how it is right now - also it's the first day we went public with some of our pricing, it will take some time to get it down.

biophazer242
04-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Good stuff. I have no need of your services at the moment but nice to see this being advertised. Currency is what we as a community make it, this is a start I suppose.

Morgan
04-05-2011, 03:07 PM
also it's the first day we went public with some of our pricing, it will take some time to get it down.

That's what I was waiting to hear. Because if you were going to insist on gouging, I'll just re roll until I start with bins and undercut you :)

KeithStone
04-05-2011, 03:26 PM
That's what I was waiting to hear. Because if you were going to insist on gouging, I'll just re roll until I start with bins and undercut you :)

updated pricing on bins, seems to be the going rate after some research.

Armand
04-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Good concept. I take it you are no longer a KOS tribe?

biophazer242
04-05-2011, 09:17 PM

Good question Armand. Has Apache changed their policy in regards to KOS anyone not Apache anywhere near their location?

Trak
04-06-2011, 12:00 AM
Where scavenging money increased the yield per pull which will further depreciate the value of the money and increase the cost.

But it also increases the amount of goods pulled in. So that statements validity is very much up in the air. I would even venture a guess and say that scavenging produces a goods/money(as Apache have defined that concept) ratio that, looking at the above price scheme, will bring the dollar price down - should the system take off. Even if we allow for some value added for immediate availability and time spent. The latter is rarely appreciated at very much in MMO markets.

So if, again assuming that this takes off, I were to advice someone, I would say he should hold on to his dollars, because their buying power is bound to increase. It only requires a look at what an average round of scavenging brings in.

But I do applaud the attempt at defining a currency.

EDIT: Just struck me that money, obviously, will stay while most goods will be consumed in one way or the other ofc. And seeing as they will be consumed atm by making goods not really sought after, the theories crafted above are subject to some heavy modifiers. :)

Jizel
04-06-2011, 02:10 AM

Oh now you all know I have to say somethng here. Since I lived on "The Apache Junk pile" until yesterday. In parting I was told not to start trouble or I would be on their "$h!t List" then I was told they didn't have a "$h!t List". By the same person lol. I left for a couple of reasons; 1) the Apache made my time there a living hell by continually KOSing me. I found out today they had changed that policy and I would be under their protection (gag) as long as I was on their pensula/junk pile. Funny that, I see now it was all because they wanted to do this whole curency scheme; it had NOTHING to do with playing nice with the locals. I have to give props to Armand however for going to bat for us locals and trying to make our lives nicer. Sorry it wasn't what we were led to believe by their big um cheif? What a load of crap, I wouldn't trust these guys for all the tea in china. Back to why I left; 2) Lag their builds contribute to the vast amounts of lag in the area, no thanks. and 3) I wanted to enjoy my game time. I will never do business with the Apache tribe and I tell everyone; "Stear clear, it's all smoke and mirrors to suit their own selfish needs."

KeithStone
04-06-2011, 06:19 AM
Good question Armand. Has Apache changed their policy in regards to KOS anyone not Apache anywhere near their location?

We are still a KOS tribe, but we no longer kill people that live in our local area. Anyone that wants to buy from us needs to contact us first so arrangements can be made to deliver or give safe passage, however our focus right now is developing relationships with our locals.

Some reasons for the changes are obvious, however getting along with our locals seemed like the best thing for us in the long run.

All of our pricing has been based on our research by how rare items seem to be, how long it takes to collect the items, how long it takes to make the items and how long it takes to find the currency in comparison.

Also, part of pricing is planning for the future

Added after 8 minutes:

Oh now you all know I have to say somethng here. Since I lived on "The Apache Junk pile" until yesterday. In parting I was told not to start trouble or I would be on their "$h!t List" then I was told they didn't have a "$h!t List". By the same person lol. I left for a couple of reasons; 1) the Apache made my time there a living hell by continually KOSing me. I found out today they had changed that policy and I would be under their protection (gag) as long as I was on their pensula/junk pile. Funny that, I see now it was all because they wanted to do this whole curency scheme; it had NOTHING to do with playing nice with the locals. I have to give props to Armand however for going to bat for us locals and trying to make our lives nicer. Sorry it wasn't what we were led to believe by their big um cheif? What a load of crap, I wouldn't trust these guys for all the tea in china. Back to why I left; 2) Lag their builds contribute to the vast amounts of lag in the area, no thanks. and 3) I wanted to enjoy my game time. I will never do business with the Apache tribe and I tell everyone; "Stear clear, it's all smoke and mirrors to suit their own selfish needs."

I guarentee that nobody even Jizel will be harmed in our local area, we do like to pvp so when we are out in the world looking for pvp we won't hesitate to attack. We will always be a neutral tribe, so when the alignment system is working properly this will better define exactly how we can handle our pvp.

What is funny to me is that the entire time that we were attacking people around us we kept telling them that if they moved off the penninsula they would not be harmed.

Jizel decided she would be part of the rebellion and stick it out and fight with us, this was fun for us because we had more people to fight with.

As soon as Jizel found out we were no longer going to attack her, we even offered to help protect her is when she decided not to live near us.

I made a joke about being on our shit list because she was being extremely negative when everyone else was being friendly, so I assured her after I said it that there was no shit list and we would do everything we could to be friendly with her.

That's when she decided to leave.

I'm not going to say anything else with Jizel in this post, she has a way of dragging out arguments and I'm not going to get into it.

We have given our stance and we will stick to it.

biophazer242
04-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Good drama guys... keeps things in the area at least a bit lively. That being said, think I will keep my interactions with Hopi... they never tried to kill me for being to close to their site :)

Jizel
04-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Ok KeithStoned you called yourself out. First you did say I would be on your "Shit List" then you went on to say your tribe had no such list. What ticked me off was your tribe saying that we all had some sort of protection on the peninsula/junk pile UNTIL the moment we left the area then we were KOS. Your tribe decided this was best for me and as I have stated many times; just because your tribe makes a rule doesn't automatically mean that everyone is going to bow to your statements. Guess you forgot the part about your tribes constant threats and intimidation towards me. Did you think I would just roll over and play dead because "your tribe decided something for me" hardly. One of the last straws was when your tribe decided that ppl could not use a certain emote because it was akin to being a young Afghanistan boy. Your tribe openly admits that they want to rule 3 zones. More so your tribe flips the rules when and only when they benefit your tribe. Your tribe drilled it into my head that the scrap pile would run out and I was using up resources; that were finite. One little homestead was going to do so much damage, I had to be stopped by any and all means. How easily you flip the script the moment your tribe decides to start a monetary system based on the junk your tribe collected from the same junk pile.

Your tribe wants to make a name for it's self, I get that. But by what means and how many enemies in your path? At least; this one.

Minimize all of this all you like but anyone hearing general chat knows the deal, and it stinks to high heavens.

Don't respond I don't much care, I changed my name and moved on. Maybe however I left a couple of alts in your precious tribe, think about it.... I don't roll over and play dead in a pvp game.

KeithStone
04-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Ok KeithStoned you called yourself out. First you did say I would be on your "Shit List" then you went on to say your tribe had no such list. What ticked me off was your tribe saying that we all had some sort of protection on the peninsula/junk pile UNTIL the moment we left the area then we were KOS. Your tribe decided this was best for me and as I have stated many times; just because your tribe makes a rule doesn't automatically mean that everyone is going to bow to your statements. Guess you forgot the part about your tribes constant threats and intimidation towards me. Did you think I would just roll over and play dead because "your tribe decided something for me" hardly. One of the last straws was when your tribe decided that ppl could not use a certain emote because it was akin to being a young Afghanistan boy. Your tribe openly admits that they want to rule 3 zones. More so your tribe flips the rules when and only when they benefit your tribe. Your tribe drilled it into my head that the scrap pile would run out and I was using up resources; that were finite. One little homestead was going to do so much damage, I had to be stopped by any and all means. How easily you flip the script the moment your tribe decides to start a monetary system based on the junk your tribe collected from the same junk pile.

Your tribe wants to make a name for it's self, I get that. But by what means and how many enemies in your path? At least; this one.

Minimize all of this all you like but anyone hearing general chat knows the deal, and it stinks to high heavens.

Don't respond I don't much care, I changed my name and moved on. Maybe however I left a couple of alts in your precious tribe, think about it.... I don't roll over and play dead in a pvp game.

you make me laugh- i have not much to say to you other than all the other settlements that stayed are getting along with us really well.

Jizel
04-06-2011, 12:12 PM
you make me laugh- i have not much to say to you other than all the other settlements that stayed are getting along with us really well.

Oh I know all I hear is high praise for the Apache and how well they treat everyone in their area. They are just the nicest bunch of guys you would ever want to meet. They are what others aspire to be. Ppl hold the Apache up on a pedestal and only wish to be as wonderful and generous.

I am glad I make you laugh, I make me laugh too.

biophazer242
04-06-2011, 02:07 PM
One of the last straws was when your tribe decided that ppl could not use a certain emote because it was akin to being a young Afghanistan boy.

Im sorry... WHAT?

I am not in front of my home pc or I would run thru the emotes, but what the hell are you talking about?!

KeithStone
04-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Im sorry... WHAT?

I am not in front of my home pc or I would run thru the emotes, but what the hell are you talking about?!

I'm not sure what she's talking about because that was never something that I made a rule about lol.

Jizel
04-07-2011, 03:56 AM
I'm not sure what she's talking about because that was never something that I made a rule about lol.

One of the Apache; yes I am sure he was Apache because I even said in general chat "wow" and others replied with similar shock when something to this affect was said;

"That emote is not allowed by men because it is AFG."

AFG

Afghans.

Or a 14-18 year old Afghan boy's interpretation of what it means to be an Afghan. Usually dress in clothes which wouldn't fit their fathers; spike their hair up like John Gotti's grandchildren, love to attend all ages club events (even the overage ones), proclaim themselves to be gangsters or "Gs" (when in actual fact they usually live in the suburbs) and carry an Afghan flag wherever they go.

I don't give a damn what your politics or reasons are to say that any emote is banned from any game. My point being they don't have a right to tell me that any emote that is in the game is banned for any reason.

TBH half the time I don't think that the leaders of the Apache tribe knew what the ppl in their tribe were doing. So to be fair here, maybe the leadership isn't that bad but they have zero control over their tribe.

Added after 20 minutes:

There is one more thing I would like to say here then I don't intend to post again; unless to defend to my position. I was not happy with the restrictions on my game play and I moved far from the Apache, I am looking forward to playing this game without rules from other players; and exploring. They have not soured me on the game because I have met a lot of decent ppl too.

KeithStone
04-07-2011, 06:05 AM
One of the Apache; yes I am sure he was Apache because I even said in general chat "wow" and others replied with similar shock when something to this affect was said;

AFG

Afghans.

Or a 14-18 year old Afghan boy's interpretation of what it means to be an Afghan. Usually dress in clothes which wouldn't fit their fathers; spike their hair up like John Gotti's grandchildren, love to attend all ages club events (even the overage ones), proclaim themselves to be gangsters or "Gs" (when in actual fact they usually live in the suburbs) and carry an Afghan flag wherever they go.

I don't give a damn what your politics or reasons are to say that any emote is banned from any game. My point being they don't have a right to tell me that any emote that is in the game is banned for any reason.

TBH half the time I don't think that the leaders of the Apache tribe knew what the ppl in their tribe were doing. So to be fair here, maybe the leadership isn't that bad but they have zero control over their tribe.

Added after 20 minutes:

There is one more thing I would like to say here then I don't intend to post again; unless to defend to my position. I was not happy with the restrictions on my game play and I moved far from the Apache, I am looking forward to playing this game without rules from other players; and exploring. They have not soured me on the game because I have met a lot of decent ppl too.

Just about everyone that was there before is still there and we are all getting along just fine.

We made lots of jokes with you because you had a tendancy to take things so serious, so I'm sure it may have been said that an emote was ban but it had to be sarcasm.

We don't really restrict our members from doing things other than when I see them calling people names in local is when I ask them to refrain.

We're still a KOS tribe, we don't kill people because of who they are or what they look like or what tribe they are in - we've just pledged to get along with our locals.

Jizel
04-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Just about everyone that was there before is still there and we are all getting along just fine.

We made lots of jokes with you because you had a tendancy to take things so serious, so I'm sure it may have been said that an emote was ban but it had to be sarcasm.

We don't really restrict our members from doing things other than when I see them calling people names in local is when I ask them to refrain.

We're still a KOS tribe, we don't kill people because of who they are or what they look like or what tribe they are in - we've just pledged to get along with our locals.

Right it's all jokes and such. If you guys noticed my mood changed drastically when your tribe members and chiefs started threatening that because I had terraformed for walls that your tribe members/chiefs had spoken to a developer about having me banned for terraforming in a junk pile on my totem.

I took my walls down, and put the ground back as best I could. That threat defiantly contributed to my decision to leave. It's all fun and games until you start threatening someone's rl account. So think it is all fun and games all you wish, your tribe crossed the line a few times with me and your tribe damn well knows it.

If that wasn't enough there was also some BS about how some women like to be talked to badly. Forget that too did ya.

What a bunch of crap. Glad I moved far away.

xyberviri
04-07-2011, 09:22 AM

wow......
really.......
lol....lol....lol....

Jizel is talking about the Meow Emote, and AFG isn't Afghan its the Absolutely Fabulous Guys.

IE: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/419-THE-AFG-Join-us-we-re-just-fabulous-and-super

and i believe the comment was "That emote is not allowed by men because it belongs to the AFG."

how ever i can see how some one who goes around calling people nazi's would also get confused with other social groups and taking things out of context.

Moral of the story is dont talk to Jizel becase that player doesn't understand what your saying, terraforms scrap piles for fun, and likes to call people members of the Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei.

Jizel
04-07-2011, 09:28 AM
wow......
really.......
lol....lol....lol....

Jizel is talking about the Meow Emote, and AFG isn't Afghan its the Absolutely Fabulous Guys.

IE: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/419-THE-AFG-Join-us-we-re-just-fabulous-and-super

and i believe the comment was "That emote is not allowed by men because it belongs to the AFG."

how ever i can see how some one who goes around calling people nazi's would also get confused with other social groups and taking things out of context.

Ok if you say so. At least you admit it was said. And yes I believe your tribe does act like socialists, I wasn't the only person making the compairison at the time either.

xyberviri
04-07-2011, 09:30 AM
go read that link to the AFG tribe page, then think about the emote, then consider if it was supposed to be a joke or if someone was being serious....

/Meow

Jizel
04-07-2011, 10:30 AM
go read that link to the AFG tribe page, then think about the emote, then consider if it was supposed to be a joke or if someone was being serious....

/Meow

Um yeah we already covered that one. Do I agree with what you say you meant? Doubtful. Will I take it at face value? Already did.

Here is a link for you.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=afg

Added after 39 minutes:

Moral of the story is dont talk to Jizel becase that player doesn't understand what your saying, terraforms scrap piles for fun, and likes to call people members of the Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei.

Hadn't noticed this little dig/edit you added to the end of your post till now. What are you expecting me to say here? Bravo for showing your true colors.

KeithStone
04-07-2011, 11:08 AM
let's try to get back on topic please, I appreciate the bumps - however we can start a new thread for bashing each other.

Jizel
04-07-2011, 11:36 AM
let's try to get back on topic please, I appreciate the bumps - however we can start a new thread for bashing each other.

How many times exactly did you post to me "Jizel" in this thread KeithStoned? Now that the tide has turned and you are shown for what your really all about you want to get back on topic. Interestin that.

Goods and Serivices Via The Apache Tribe

1) They tried to drive the locals off "their penisula" off "their junk pile". In my case apparently they suceeded; I no longer wish to live near them.
2) When they realized that the locals could in fact freely terraform and build roads threw "their penisula" and "their junk pile". They decided to tell the locals that they are "under the protection of the Apache."
3) The Apache then decided to start an iw market based on "found dollars and coins" to sell the junk they had collected from said junk pile.
4) When doing business with the Apache you know where they are going, once you realize how they got there. Intimidation and harrasment of other players.

Good luck with that.

KeithStone
04-07-2011, 03:17 PM
How many times exactly did you post to me "Jizel" in this thread KeithStoned? Now that the tide has turned and you are shown for what your really all about you want to get back on topic. Interestin that.

Goods and Serivices Via The Apache Tribe

1) They tried to drive the locals off "their penisula" off "their junk pile". In my case apparently they suceeded; I no longer wish to live near them.
2) When they realized that the locals could in fact freely terraform and build roads threw "their penisula" and "their junk pile". They decided to tell the locals that they are "under the protection of the Apache."
3) The Apache then decided to start an iw market based on "found dollars and coins" to sell the junk they had collected from said junk pile.
4) When doing business with the Apache you know where they are going, once you realize how they got there. Intimidation and harrasment of other players.

Good luck with that.

thank you, bump again.