PDA

View Full Version : Limestone bridges now in game

Kinslayer
04-11-2011, 12:52 AM
The Architects of the Audacian Republic have tackled an engineering feat. Why build log bridges when you can use bricks?

Dubanka
04-11-2011, 08:26 AM
making bricks is the best sleep aid i've ever used.

bricks + bourbon = maybe 1 wall and nappy time.
bricks + no bourbon = 2.5 walls, maybe.

nice job on fighting the sleepies :)

fatboy21007
04-11-2011, 09:16 AM
nice to see some1 else figures that out. Dub if u hate bricks then ull hate my city. ima need 30k-40k ofem XD

Cyrus
04-11-2011, 03:14 PM
The Architects of the Audacian Republic have tackled an engineering feat. Why build log bridges when you can use bricks?

Les Cendres did it with logs (http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/6423-Les-Cendres-The-Bridge) because logs floats on water and ... uhm ... it was not really THIS type of castle gate bridge.

I think we just like the natural aspect of Xsyon, so beautiful before player land their hands on it ;)
But to do something like the big sand castles we currently see ingame in real life, you would need months of work, to move some TONS of earth with BULLDOZERS and TRUCKS. And rain will cause EROSION ... and MUD walls.

It's currently so easy to terraform anything that most don't bother to add walls or anything to hide the (ugly) unique texture we currently could add to a terraformed zone : a deformed road texture.
Not really the player fault, here, but some of them should pay a little attention to their mud walls aspect. And to the future climbing skill ...

Please note this is the author personal opinion and it may not reflect the whole Les Cendres tribe opinion on the masterfull work of your architects (on the wall part only, not on the mud).

boomer0901
04-11-2011, 03:46 PM
all the dirt walls will be covered kind of like the undergarments before we actually put the walls up otherwise yes it would just be a dirt castle, we are only about 20-25% complete it's a huge project.

Cyrus
04-11-2011, 03:51 PM
all the dirt walls will be covered kind of like the undergarments before we actually put the walls up otherwise yes it would just be a dirt castle, we are only about 20-25% complete it's a huge project.

Ok, it was just not the case on the viewable part here ... :)
I'm eager to view your finished castle !

zorglub28
04-11-2011, 09:06 PM
it's nice !!! i like the idea. i'm waiting for the little wall to do the same thing. your bridge is really big :)