PDA

View Full Version : who renew when free period is over?

clangedon
04-12-2011, 06:46 PM
1:i certainly will renew
2: i not renew
3:renewal only if they add content and fix the technical problems before i must pay to play

write number of your answer this is the only way with out poll system (poll system is disable now).

darkbladed
04-12-2011, 06:48 PM
1 is my choice!

LennyLeak
04-12-2011, 06:53 PM
3 - But in a less negative wording. More like, if I see any real indication that things are moving forward, I will def. renew. Seeing animals for the first time today was very positive.
EDIT: I can live with the current tech issues. I just need to see a few more features going online and I'm down.

Xidian
04-12-2011, 07:01 PM
I am only going to renew if they add content that actually makes me want to log in.

Hanover
04-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Since my crystal ball is in the shop, I'll go with option...

4 I'll make a decision based on the state of the game when my free time runs out.

boomer0901
04-12-2011, 07:14 PM

4 I'll make a decision based on the state of the game when my free time runs out.

Ding, Ding, Ding we have a winner.

Kinslayer
04-12-2011, 11:42 PM

Yeh, this. Plus, they need to stop shutting down the servers every damn day when I am trying to play. I wont renew if the servers are down every time I want to play.

AngelusDD
04-13-2011, 12:15 AM
3 - I may renew, but not when i see indication of the game going in the right direction. I want, no, i need to have some things implemented by then. Because its my money.

mmogaddict
04-13-2011, 03:03 AM
3. I too need to start seeing some positive moves towards new content, like the missing arch recipies etc.

Currently I'm downloadingWurm to give that a go. Then I'll look at both games when my freetime runs out.

Dzarren
04-13-2011, 06:17 AM
1 if resubscribe works before that :)

Malivius
04-13-2011, 06:21 AM
3 for me here. Potential the game has in spades, but without some solid progress and added new functioning content, the game will be close to dead by that time anyway. I'd bet in a poll of all players who purchased the game 3 would be the most popular answer...

Jadzia
04-13-2011, 06:44 AM
Definitely 1.

Kajones
04-13-2011, 06:51 AM

4 also. I just want to know WHEN the monthly fees start, and IF we will be notified in advance, and IF there will be an unsubscribe/cancel option on theh Order page.

Hanover
04-13-2011, 07:13 AM
IF there will be an unsubscribe/cancel option on theh Order page.

I'd assume you could just control payments directly through Paypal.

Sorakin
04-13-2011, 07:39 AM
3... why isn't this a poll...

mrcalhou
04-13-2011, 07:56 AM

But I haven't logged in for weeks now. There's no point in playing since there's hardly anything to do. The amount of area that you can build/terraform is extremely limited, there's hardly any mobs, there's no PvE challenge what-so-ever, there's hardly any difference in equipment, there's practically no regional resources, people just safe-spot resources so they don't have to move, and there's no skill/abilities for combat. It's just click-click-click-click-click until someone dies; no tactics, no forethought, just whoever can circlestrafe and keep the mouse straight best.

I don't need my hand held to play the game, but I do need more motivation than what I would find in an FPS/TPS arena-based game. I know that some people just want to build in peace and that's fine--give them an area where they can build in peace, but give the rest of us something to do.

jemmus
04-13-2011, 08:28 AM

coca
04-13-2011, 08:49 AM
I plan to wait and see about renewing my subscription. I would not pay to play right now without some added content.

dxwarlock
04-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Maybe it's the taco bell I just ate.. Is this English?
when at a loss on how to troll a post, fall back on the old tried and true "grammar mistakes..LAWL!" response.

Dweetybyrd
04-13-2011, 08:54 AM
That is up to Notorious games now. Make it worth my money and count me as a loyal subber. Fix the combat, add some things to kill, get and sustain a population and I will gladly pay.

I hope I get to pet :)

ColonelTEE3
04-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Depends. If the DF expansion comes out, and its great, and this game is still like this, no.

If they fix pvp in xsyon, and/or the DF expansion is a mega let down, ill probably stick around.

afterclap
04-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Maybe it's the taco bell I just ate.. Is this English?

Holy shit guy. I type books campared to this and do not have as many errors. Try harder. No one is going to take you serious, if a thread you started is incoherent and badly worded.

I plan to wait and see about renewing my subscription. I would not pay to play right now without some added content.

seriously, you don't understand the OP's post? and i don't see why you shouldn't take this post seriously. If you wrote this because you really wanted to help improve on his english it's far from constructive or useful (check your social skills), but it was probably because you try to put other people down to rise yourself.
people like you really makes me sick. pathetic.

to get back on-topic:
i'd probably choose the forementioned 4th option and decide when the time comes if i will renew. no point in deciding while i still got in-game time left to review.

caaahl
04-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Depends. If the DF expansion comes out, and its great, and this game is still like this, no.

If they fix pvp in xsyon, and/or the DF expansion is a mega let down, ill probably stick around.

I wont make it depending on any DF update as long as DF wont include terraforming and other real sandbox features.

Book
04-13-2011, 11:50 AM
1, unless there is a real-world apocalypse at which point I will need to be gathering scrap in real life.

Oh, and Coca...
I think you meant "compared," not campared. There's even a little red line under the word to help you.
Also, you might try "take you seriously," rather than "take you serious," if you're worried about encouraging proper use of the English language.
I normally wouldn't mention it, but you seemed concerned about it. It's a noble endeavor I suppose but your approach is a bit less than appealing, or productive.

orious13
04-13-2011, 11:57 AM
If this job offer comes through it'll probably be 1 for me. If not I might have to hold off.

robofriven
04-13-2011, 02:17 PM
I just started working again. So I'm definitely paying when it comes through. I'll have extra cash even though I have a lot less time to play. I'm lookin' forward to new things added in but am not against throwing in a few months worth to get the ball rolling. After all, if I can find just 5 hours a MONTH to play then it's still extremely cheap fun.

pilok
04-13-2011, 04:06 PM
2.i will not renew.
I've played for less than 3 hours when the game went live, haven't logged in since.

robofriven
04-13-2011, 04:08 PM
2.i will not renew.
I've played for less than 3 hours when the game went live, haven't logged in since.

The real question is. If you've played so little and don't care about this game. Then why in the world are you checking the forums?

pilok
04-13-2011, 04:11 PM
The real question is. If you've played so little and don't care about this game. Then why in the world are you checking the forums?

Isn't that obvious?

I payed for the game and it is possible they add more to the game to make it more interesting for me.

robofriven
04-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Isn't that obvious?

I payed for the game and it is possible they add more to the game to make it more interesting for me.

I thought you knew that forums weren't for anything productive or helpful but to whine and complain about either the game or the people whining and complaining about the game. If you want to see what's in the game the best way is to go into the game. :)

mgilbrtsn
04-13-2011, 06:33 PM

.......This +1

caldrin
04-14-2011, 01:42 AM
its a 3 for me as well im afraid..

aspercaedes
04-14-2011, 01:54 AM
playing since few days - will definitely resub

pilok
04-14-2011, 03:59 AM
I thought you knew that forums weren't for anything productive or helpful but to whine and complain about either the game or the people whining and complaining about the game. If you want to see what's in the game the best way is to go into the game. :)

I've learned to read between the whines :)

unclean666
04-14-2011, 06:19 AM
Sure will might even make another account and have a crafter and fighter.

coca
04-14-2011, 08:09 AM
I'd assume you could just control payments directly through Paypal.

I asked for mine using the main page.

Hanover
04-14-2011, 09:09 AM
I asked for mine using the main page.

What are you babbling about? ASked for what?

fatboy21007
04-14-2011, 09:15 AM
1. Sub shall stay the way it is. 15 a month :-). the game is worth it and after awhile things will be ingame and more fixs done.

Nafiti
04-14-2011, 10:43 AM
1. Sub will continue for now. I have things to do in game that will still provide a few hours of entertainment a month.
Note that I typically compare my game entertainment costs to that of going to see a movie. Where I am, that movie would be $15 for about 2 hours of entertainment.

Niburu
04-14-2011, 12:08 PM
3, if there is meaning to stuff ingame ( aka item decay or remove of safezones+added gates and walls ).

The technical aspect is still not really working for me players port around and stuff

Vicid
04-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Already un-subbed. Even our most hopeful members have given up after that 'event'

Right now those that bother to log in are building a giant VD

Horus
04-14-2011, 12:48 PM
I will pick the option 3 or 4. I wasted 9 months of my like playing MO on potential. I will never waste money on a game on potential alone ever again.

unzubaru
04-14-2011, 01:51 PM
1! This game doesn't have potential or promise. It already has things, if you were in the beta you would've known :3, though I wasn't, my tribes' been telling me about all the cool stuff.

Just gonna wait it out and support these guys =)!

Dubanka
04-14-2011, 01:59 PM
they've got about 30 days to pull out hte miracle patch...one which at least gives me some hopethat the game will do what i want it to do.

Presently, I don't have a lot of hope...they can barely make the game run.

I continue to log in, because making bricks is, by far, the best sleep aid I have EVER found.

rajaxone
04-14-2011, 04:22 PM

Agreed. (10 char)

Aethaeryn
04-14-2011, 04:32 PM
1! This game doesn't have potential or promise. It already has things, if you were in the beta you would've known :3, though I wasn't, my tribes' been telling me about all the cool stuff.

Just gonna wait it out and support these guys =)!

What was in beta that was that much different? What part of beta. It must have been a different beta than what I was in. Did they have more in the alpha or early beta stages that was not in the end of beta?

coca
04-14-2011, 04:39 PM
What are you babbling about? ASked for what?

I sent in the request to deactivate my account last night. If the game picks up or some combat changes are made I might return. I really loved this game.. but right now the devs are catering to people that enjoy to sit in peace and craft.. and they are allowing those players to have all the benefits. I don't mind being the underdog if there is a reason to be.. or something to gain from it..of even if its just to have some fun... but as it stands pvp isn't even functioning. PVP is 75% of why I play an online game. The other 25% is social... and since most of my friends have gone already that leaves me with not much intrest in logging in.

This could be a hell of a game..but right now its just an idea... an idea, that is being heavily influenced by loud people that want to solo the game in complete safety. They have managed to turn this into a boreing wasteland.

clangedon
04-14-2011, 05:20 PM
i hope in some contents soon maybe combat or me and 20 char no renew

joexxxz
04-14-2011, 06:00 PM
They hired a new programmer for combat. They are working on it ;)

clangedon
04-14-2011, 06:45 PM
this game can't survive only with crafter need a serious pve and a good combat system

wowrobert
04-15-2011, 12:36 AM
I am gonna go with number 3.
But i don't have much faith in new content coming soon seeing that until now not even the basic stuff (crafting window, confirmation for dismantling, etc.) have not been fixed. Guess will just have to wait and see, i wish them all the luck, this game really has potential.

coca
04-15-2011, 06:31 AM
They hired a new programmer for combat. They are working on it ;)

I talked with Dezgard two nights ago.. whom I am pretty sure is the head or "lead" programer. He told me he hasn't met with the guy you are refering too yet.. I asked specifically.

My account hasn't been turned off yet... I went ahead and loaded up my toold and goodies incase it goes down and I resub I'll have a decent start. This sucks.. so much wasted potential.
I'm just bored out of my skull running around. My homestead has been built for weeks and weeks now. I've crafted enough sets of armour to last a small tribe... I've used the broken combat mechanics to pvp slap bow for months.... there isn't anything fun other than the ideas now.. and the ideas are being watered down by people afraid to risk their pixels.

China
04-15-2011, 09:06 AM
I talked with Dezgard two nights ago.. whom I am pretty sure is the head or "lead" programer. He told me he hasn't met with the guy you are refering too yet.. I asked specifically.

My account hasn't been turned off yet... I went ahead and loaded up my toold and goodies incase it goes down and I resub I'll have a decent start. This sucks.. so much wasted potential.
I'm just bored out of my skull running around. My homestead has been built for weeks and weeks now. I've crafted enough sets of armour to last a small tribe... I've used the broken combat mechanics to pvp slap bow for months.... there isn't anything fun other than the ideas now.. and the ideas are being watered down by people afraid to risk their pixels.

You are so full of hyperbole Coca. What do you mean months? Your join date is Feb 18, 2011. 3 whole days from now it will be a total of 2 months (a total of 56 days as of today). Of course, I'm sure that the Devs deserve no weekends in your estimation, but lets just pretend for a moment they actually have a life and are not robots. Subtract approx. 14 - 16 days of timeoff.

Now, because you are a smart boy, you realized when this game launched that the PVP/combat system was not finished, and that it was on the drawing board. They very distinctly stated that there was going to be 6-9 months of "Prelude" and that PVP/combat would be one of the things in development during that period. To clarify things a bit more - due to problems of the Feb. launch, the official launch date was pushed to March 1. Just to help you with your sucky math skills a little, here's some realism for you. As of today, it has been 46 days since official launch. There have been a total of 6 weekends in that time period - subtract 12 days for weekends,(only of course, if you believe people need some rest) and that leaves a total of 34 working days since the March 1 launch.

Next point:

You talk about your homestead, thought you were a member of the VD tribe, that's what your profile shows. In any case, of course it would only take a few hours to build a homestead. You're talkin' just a few meters to throw up a fence, build a tent, and toss down some baskets. Whoopee do :rolleyes:

On to the next point:

With your lack of math skills, I have my doubts in your ability to accurately quote and understand what someone said to you in IRC. So there again, we must take what you post with a large dose of salt, because unfortunately, you are full of lots of suppositions and few facts.

I believe you have now posted in the forums several times how disappointed you are with Xsyon and that you will not be renewing your subscription. Fine already, we've heard you. I'm going to now leave you with one last clue - no one cares Coca whether you come or go, you offered little if nothing to the forum discussions except for your whiney self-centered "doom & gloom" waaaaaaaaaa's.

Next time Coca posts another of his "whiney" posts, will someone please call a waaamulance?

Dubanka
04-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Coca is not a member of vd. He merely had sig envy. he's a hh member which is a loose subset of PRX, which ahs been around for quite a while.

the generally slobbery makes me laugh at this point tho...i mean really? I could see a couple months ago...but it's been a pretty obvious slide since 'release' a couple months back.

China
04-15-2011, 09:58 AM
the generally slobbery makes me laugh at this point tho...i mean really? I could see a couple months ago...but it's been a pretty obvious slide since 'release' a couple months back.

Sometimes Dubanka it is hard to make out what you are saying, I'm assuming that it is because English is not your first language?

Anyway, what do you mean by "slobbery"?

Also, could you give me specific examples of "obvious slide since 'release'"? Also, can you clarify which release you are talking about, the first failed release in February, 56 days ago, or the official release March 1, 46 days ago?

Dubanka
04-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Sometimes Dubanka it is hard to make out what you are saying, I'm assuming that it is because English is not your first language?

Anyway, what do you mean by "slobbery"?

Also, could you give me specific examples of "obvious slide since 'release'"? Also, can you clarify which release you are talking about, the first failed release in February, 56 days ago, or the official release March 1, 46 days ago?

i'm just gonna lol. slob on china, slob on.

China
04-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Oh my! So English is your first language. Who knew.

d3m0nd0
04-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Oh my! So English is your first language. Who knew.

My first language is Hill Billy.

binn
04-25-2011, 06:12 PM
1 - I'll stay at least 6 months.

dezgard
04-25-2011, 09:34 PM
d3m0nd0, China, Dubanka keep it on topic please.

Thanks
Dezgard

inhabit
04-26-2011, 12:32 AM
1....... :)

to get back on topic

Azhul_NS
04-26-2011, 10:18 PM
2: i not renew
3:renewal only if they add content and fix the technical problems before i must pay to play

write number of your answer this is the only way with out poll system (poll system is disable now).

Really Something is disabled? You amaze me.

Sigh. I vote for 3. Xsyon is not currently fit for a sub fee.

Xidian
04-26-2011, 11:10 PM
I'll only renew my sub if they add in enough content to warrant me paying them $15.

Hanover
04-27-2011, 08:56 AM
I'll only renew my sub if they add in enough content to warrant me paying them $15.

You cant vote twice :p

IM sticking with 4

4. I'll make a decision based on the state of the game when my free time runs out. Still have a month+ to go

windoze
05-01-2011, 02:31 AM
I am sorry but I won't resub. The game has some interesting new thinking, but most of it is mediocre implemented at best- The game is unpolished, lacking features and content needed to be a premium game etc. I don't see how NG will turn this around quickly enough to warrant a subscription fee before it's to late.

It's sad as there are some interesting new thinking in Xsyon, but no doubt some other games will pick up on them.

Cracky69
05-01-2011, 02:51 AM
1) I will renew.

tilla
05-01-2011, 02:53 PM
As excited as the idea of Xyson is, there just isn't enough to it at present to justify the high cost. At a lower rate ($5 like Runescape maybe?) I'd consider sticking with it but for now I'm going to have to wait for improvements.

Azhul_NS
05-01-2011, 04:11 PM
SO - has anyone not subbed tried logging in?

mmogaddict1
05-01-2011, 06:59 PM
SO - has anyone not subbed tried logging in?

I can't be bothered to even check, going to test out Dawntide tonight (another sandbox game) and see how that is.

Dubanka
05-01-2011, 07:13 PM
I can't be bothered to even check, going to test out Dawntide tonight (another sandbox game) and see how that is.

i was able to handle about 30 mins of it 6 mos ago.

Shrimps
05-01-2011, 07:30 PM

I will only renew once they (definitively) reveal their plans for safe zones and pvp. And only then if they decide not to have permanent safe zones and restricted pvp.

I'm not gonna sub for another carebear land.

ifireallymust
05-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Still here, still planning on staying.

tjSwell
05-01-2011, 10:20 PM
At the moment the game is not really in any state to warrant a subscription....however its has so much potential, is that worth spending cash on it monthly I ask myself. I am undecided.

Eduard
05-02-2011, 05:02 AM
I will not pay for beta, its great game and it have great potential but atm game should be either free or closed for testers.
I'll stay reading forums and if something improves I'll be back but only if I don't find another game ... Tbh I'm not planing to be fooled twice.

BR,
Eduard

Mitsarugii
05-02-2011, 05:08 AM

I will only renew once they (definitively) reveal their plans for safe zones and pvp. And only then if they decide not to have permanent safe zones and restricted pvp.

I'm not gonna sub for another carebear land.

safe zones are staying till after prelude, after that is anyone elses guess as to whether they will still be ingame or not

CrazyMoe
05-04-2011, 09:56 AM
I am only going to renew if they add content that actually makes me want to log in.

This. Right now it's pretty boring and pointless.

Dzarren
05-10-2011, 03:57 AM
I was going to extend, but after Virtus telling me that spoiling the game for others is an intended part of the game, i am not.
Its crazy that poeple can deforest youre zone without you being able to do anything because they live in an different time zone or have no life.
Cant replant, cant protect cant put bounty because there is nothing of value in game.
I have tried to be positive but if the guides start telling me that i shouldnt complain and do something about it, which is not possible, i feel very disappointed.
Too bad i really liked the concept of this game, maybe in an few months ill have an look

Gamefreak
05-10-2011, 04:31 AM
I won't be renewing my subscription. There is not enough of a game here to define it as being out of beta, let alone enough to necessitate paying 15 dollars a month for. The game described on the features list is most definitely not what is found while playing this 'game'. There are many excuses for why the features list contrast the game to such a large degree, however, in my opinion, it is just blatant false advertisement. This has happened too frequently, with titles such as mortal online. It is unfortunate that the sandbox gaming community is constantly getting a baseball bat in the balls for their money, instead of a game they can spend their time enjoying.

Azhul_NS
05-10-2011, 04:42 AM
I won't be renewing my subscription. There is not enough of a game here to define it as being out of beta, let alone enough to necessitate paying 15 dollars a month for. The game described on the features list is most definitely not what is found while playing this 'game'. There are many excuses for why the features list contrast the game to such a large degree, however, in my opinion, it is just blatant false advertisement. This has happened too frequently, with titles such as mortal online. It is unfortunate that the sandbox gaming community is constantly getting a baseball bat in the balls for their money, instead of a game they can spend their time enjoying.

I very strongly agree.

Last week's patch was a step in the right direction, but a small one. However, if they make another such step (without introducing serious bugs), I might well subscribe. Unfortunately, I think their priorities are off the mark.

Digiwolf
05-10-2011, 04:50 AM
3. Definitively

We're talking about Money and Time.
Buying the game to try it is one thing. Continue to pay on a game with no accomplished game mechanism is another.
The playing time allocation is also important : Xsyon is in competition with finished games.
On the 43 players in my tribe, 5-6 still connect, 3-4 play another game and still pass on our forum to see if there is news.
The game can be great ... or die without player.
Despite what he can think himself, the player is not a patient creature. Too more game choice today and not enough time to try, test and play all games.

Jadzia
05-10-2011, 04:55 AM
I was going to extend, but after Virtus telling me that spoiling the game for others is an intended part of the game, i am not.
Its crazy that poeple can deforest youre zone without you being able to do anything because they live in an different time zone or have no life.
Cant replant, cant protect cant put bounty because there is nothing of value in game.
I have tried to be positive but if the guides start telling me that i shouldnt complain and do something about it, which is not possible, i feel very disappointed.
Too bad i really liked the concept of this game, maybe in an few months ill have an look

Tree planting and farming is in works, don't leave the game if you like it :)

Dubanka
05-10-2011, 08:25 AM

concept <> implementation

Azhul_NS
05-10-2011, 09:09 AM

Think NG will let my sub fee slide until that time?

Jadzia
05-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Think NG will let my sub fee slide until that time?

Did I reply to your comment ? No. You are not enjoying the game, he is. The only reason he wants to leave is Virtus's comment and perhaps the lack of trees.

Azhul_NS
05-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Did I reply to your comment ? No. You are not enjoying the game, he is. The only reason he wants to leave is Virtus's comment and perhaps the lack of trees.

Your advice is beneficial to the company, but not him.

My advice is to stop paying until the game is what he wants. IF that ever happens.

MrDDT
05-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Your advice is beneficial to the company, but not him.

My advice is to stop paying until the game is what he wants. IF that ever happens.

I have to agree with Jadzia. If a player likes the game, then dont leave it. Also if its a problem with the tree re-spawn issue, thats being fixed. Like Jadzia and Virtus said.

Kropos
05-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Could someone remind me when the pre-order free play ends? I'm getting nervous about the subscription dilemma...:P

Phatkat
05-10-2011, 11:58 AM
1, for those that say there is nothing to do join a larger tribe.

Book
05-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Could someone remind me when the pre-order free play ends? I'm getting nervous about the subscription dilemma...:P

It's June 1st for pre-order customers.
It was late April for non-preorders.

xyberviri
05-10-2011, 02:24 PM
non preorders from the 16th started on the 27th of april btw.

Haunt
05-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Cancelled today. Yippee!

NorCalGooey
05-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Have just over 2 weeks left Jordi...you better get moving. I'm about as die hard you can be at a game and I'm contemplating it..

Niburu
05-11-2011, 01:25 AM
1, for those that say there is nothing to do join a larger tribe.

You mean like building stuff that is meaningless because of safezones. or creating a supply of armor and stuff because items decay so fast when everyone is out hunting and gathering or fighting other guys...............gz

Bisjul
05-11-2011, 01:28 PM
I won't renew.

But I hope I'm still allowed forum access so I can sit, wait, and wonder -

I still think this has potential.

Phatkat
05-11-2011, 02:44 PM
You mean like building stuff that is meaningless because of safezones. or creating a supply of armor and stuff because items decay so fast when everyone is out hunting and gathering or fighting other guys...............gz

ummmmmmmm games not gona be like that forever....if you look at server updates the next thing they are working on is item decay AND!!!!!!!!!!! there are plans to change the safe zones so there will be combat depending on your tribe type.

Niburu
05-12-2011, 10:57 AM
ummmmmmmm games not gona be like that forever....if you look at server updates the next thing they are working on is item decay AND!!!!!!!!!!! there are plans to change the safe zones so there will be combat depending on your tribe type.

I never said it will be like that forever and i have high hopes for the game. But the Renew thing is in 3 days or so.

Azhul_NS
05-12-2011, 11:01 AM

Item decay won't fix much of what is wrong with Xsyon. Unless the time required to make new items is drastically increased. Which I support.

Frankly, this is an example of bad prioritizing. Making walls and roofs WORK should be higher on the list.

Book
05-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Item decay won't fix much of what is wrong with Xsyon. Unless the time required to make new items is drastically increased. Which I support.

Frankly, this is an example of bad prioritizing. Making walls and roofs WORK should be higher on the list.

A lot of people wanted to see decay turned back on. It's getting turned back on.

People wanted to see tool tips back on. They're back on.

People wanted to see animals... seems to me there are more animals.

There's not enough trees left. Trees will be respawned. (psyched to see that happen)

A lot of people wanted combat to be reworked. No small feat. That is in the works...

The priorities seem to be addressing player issues, while perhaps not the most recent issues, they were there and quite loud for a while, and hence seem to have been made a priority.

What's the problem?

It's not all happening fast enough! Microwave generation... whatcha gonna do.

MrDDT
05-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Good post Book.

I have to say thats one thing the devs are doing, listening to the public and trying to work on those issues first.
Sure they are still doing other things that maybe the public doesnt understand.

Like this last patch with the patcher. It was needed. Now patches should be easier to do for the devs. Not something the public knew about but was needed none the less.

Aiden
05-12-2011, 12:42 PM
A lot of people wanted to see decay turned back on. It's getting turned back on.

There's not enough trees left. Trees will be respawned. (psyched to see that happen)

A lot of people wanted combat to be reworked. No small feat. That is in the works...

The priorities seem to be addressing player issues, while perhaps not the most recent issues, they were there and quite loud for a while, and hence seem to have been made a priority.

What's the problem?

This. I was reading the huge long thread about "Top 5 Priorities" and the development team seems to have taken that thread to heart. Perhaps it doesn't fix everyone's woes, but they're certainly working hard to get those priorities done.

dezgard
05-12-2011, 02:38 PM

What's the problem?

(tears running from the eyes) we thought none noticed :P

mrcalhou
05-12-2011, 03:42 PM

Eve has a pretty good supply and demand system. Maybe they can look into that. I know having stuff completely disappear isn't popular, but it works.

(tears running from the eyes) we thought none noticed :P

Lol nice.

Eduard
05-13-2011, 12:30 AM

What's the problem?

Book you are right and I agree with all you said here BUT:
All that was promised that will be implemented and working at lunch - that is a problem.
There was no animals before few days...
There was no tool tips before few days (even now when we have them they are useless) - that is a problem
Trees are still not respawning as they should be - that is a problem and only promise for now
Decay - also a problem and only a promise for now
and I can continue...

SECOND BUT - We did not say that Devs are not working (they are probably working 24h/7), they do...
I'm looking here from costumer side (as I should because I am a costumer) - I got a product that had all working in description like a finished car BUT I got 2 tires and driving wheel, few parts of engine with broken alternator (that doesn't work atm... but it will be fixed soon or a bit later that that) so yeah in general I'm (and not just me) disappointed and microwave generation or not I have every right to be disappointed and to say so because one moth of my subscription is almost passed and things are still NOT working.

So don't tell me "What's the problem?" and "Microwave generation" mumbo jumbo ... because problems are more then obvious here. We are all aware of them so please at least don't insult my intelligence here by asking questions like this one. Thank you.

p.s. offtopic: I found a shovel (after that teraforming rollback - my bags were buried under dirt after that patch - also a problem) so I can return to you your's that you borrowed me :)

/cheers
Eduard

dezgard
05-13-2011, 01:01 AM
"We do what we must to keep dreams alive sometimes that involves hardships but alas the dream moves closer and we are all better for it"

I just made that up on the spot :P

Azhul_NS
05-13-2011, 01:42 AM
Eve has a pretty good supply and demand system. Maybe they can look into that. I know having stuff completely disappear isn't popular, but it works.

Yeah. I have no problem at all with items breaking permanantly (except your basic starting tools). A player-based economy REQUIRES stuff to break, so new ones are needed. I don't want to see the devs shy away from that.

There are bound to be balancing issues with decay. Too fast or too slow. They would be wise to err on the side of too slow to begin with.

As I said, I think decay is not going to fix much. If a tool breaks after an hour of steady use, who cares when I can make a new one in 5 seconds?

I think comfort should be put in before decay, as it is more important to the feel of survival. As it stands now, I can sleep outside in the rain or snow with no harmful effects. That's not survival.

MrDDT
05-13-2011, 07:39 AM
I think even new items should decay.
I also think decay is more important than comfort.

I agree with the issue with items being to easy to make but decay is the first step in fixing that.

jemmus
05-13-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm renewing. The last round of updates showed that active progress is happening and the game is evolving into something better.

fotuenti
05-13-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm looking here from costumer side (as I should because I am a costumer)

i really don't see what cos-play has to do with this....

;P

Koll
05-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Not sure If I'll resub or if my tribe will. Other than the same repetitive things (building, crafting the same things over and over again with no players customization possible, hunting the same animals... bears, deers, coyotes, bears, deers, coyote, repeat) I feel there isnt much to do.

Its not a bitching post; just a "meh" post.

dxwarlock
05-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Looks like the free time is over, just got charged.

anyone else get a monthly charge on their payment option?
----
Amount: $14.99 USD
To: Notorious Games
For: Pay Pal: Monthly Subscription

Trial Period
Trial period amount: $39.99 USD
Billing cycle: 42 Days
Start date: Apr 1, 2011
End date: May 13, 2011
----

Dubanka
05-13-2011, 03:11 PM
mine doesn't actually show when the subscription period ends.

dxwarlock
05-13-2011, 03:15 PM
yea, if I goto my account on here and look it shows nothing...but thats the mail paypal gave me, and i got a 14.99 charge on it
--
May 13, 2011 Recurring Payment To Notorious Games
Completed Details Recurring Payment To Notorious Games -$14.99 USD
--

so its not showing on my account payments page here..but it surely took payment according to paypal.

Dubanka
05-13-2011, 03:24 PM
yeah i didn't sign up with the subscription option, just the game, when i preordered - guess ill see this evening.

Jadzia
05-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Looks like the free time is over, just got charged.

anyone else get a monthly charge on their payment option?
----
Amount: $14.99 USD
To: Notorious Games
For: Pay Pal: Monthly Subscription

Trial Period
Trial period amount: $39.99 USD
Billing cycle: 42 Days
Start date: Apr 1, 2011
End date: May 13, 2011
----

Hmm how come...you have preordered, haven't you ? The preorder free period ends on 1st of June. Or you got this on another account ?

dxwarlock
05-13-2011, 04:39 PM
ah..good point, it doesn't tell me which account, just that it charged.
it COULD be my sons. it wasn't pre-order