PDA

View Full Version : Dont Lose Faith in Xsyon

ArrakisTheDragon
04-19-2011, 04:07 AM
For all of those whining and griping and moaning or whichever you do to make your little self-centered lives a bit more tolerable you can atleast lay off the crew working on Xsyon. Heres a few reasons why:

Notorious Games is a SMALL company, this game I'm sure of it was a huge feat in itself. Lets see any of those who are QQ'ing render the graphics, code the game etc and make it all work. In my honest opinion these guys are doing an outstanding job and most of them probably have real lives outside of game making. Unlike Blizzard who has a bunch of cronies working under conditions of slavery in making games....or what, thats EA but anyway, both big companies like EA and Blizzard, THQ, etc. have people on salary to work around the clock to make a game, Xsyon more than likely does not.

Xsyon fully has the potential, the complex enviroment and open world that most MMO players crave. Granted its a hybrid twitch based pvp system but hey, I'm not complaining since it is a fun game. The only reason why I havent played as much as I wanted to is because I login and the world is dead. Though I have no doubt that once they get the code leveled out, the durability system implemented and the regrowth system on track, Xsyon is going to shine.

There is a limited "niche" that Blizzard FAILED horribly in catching and thats the twitch based PVP'ers with a full loot system. Granted you cant fully loot in Xsyon, the system they have is perfect for all. Those who dont wish to partake in PVP go play WoW or some other carebear titled game (Aion perhaps?). Though I am not fully bashing crafters, they do have a place but people just have to get in the mindset that when its says your "LOOTABLE" that means you can lose stuff. Big deal, get over it, you can easily aquire what you lost granted it may require you to lift a few fingers, click a few buttons and probably shift your belly from the right side to left but thats the joy in a game like this.

I do support crafting, I do support tribal safe areas to an extent. What I mean by this is, a bank or "banks" that you can setup and lock just like what DF and WoW have. However, if the tribal area is sieged and the winning clan takes the lands, the bank should be open for the grabs. This would prevent people from hiding away those items they deem precious because it could be at anytime they could lose everything, just like in EvE if your station is sieged.

Anyway, I have a potpie to eat, peace..

NorCalGooey
04-19-2011, 04:11 AM
Pretty good post. Agree with most of it.

They better revamp the Pvp system though eventually. Not just fix it in its broken state, no, I mean revamp it. It takes skill but it's far too twitchy. Make it like Mount and Blade honestly what those developers did was nothing sensational they just had good ideas.

Also, the block/dodge aren't practical whatsoever.

Kinslayer
04-19-2011, 04:15 AM
Its really hard to read past the first flamebait line of this thread. If you want to get through to people, learn to not start by insulting them.

dezgard
04-19-2011, 04:17 AM
We will endeavor to bring you a world that will amaze and grip you by the throat.

NorCalGooey
04-19-2011, 04:22 AM
Is calling someone self centered an insult if its the truth? The ones that are insulting seem to be the haters of this game, and they insult the devs. I'd bet theres like 5 people coding Xsyon if that.

But its the complete truth. 90% of the population is whining and complaining instead of just moving on or waiting it out until a new content patch comes (or waiting until through word of mouth they hear the game is fixed).

But please don't hang around the forums and bad mouth the devs. It took me like an hour to collect 50 logs. Can you imagine how long it takes to code a game like this?

Besides, we will all see in a few weeks anyways. They will either give more freetime or lose most of the remaining subscribers. Or the game will be mostly fixed by then with new content. Those are about the only ways it will go down. I still don't know how they will attract most of the inactive population back in the next 6 weeks time.

Nevertheless, good luck devs and ALWAYS remember, if you can get this game to work (with the CONTENT discussed in the dozens of pages of FAQ) it will truly be the first of its kind and the kind of game most people truly want to play but didn't think would ever be created. Seriously. Well, most mature gamers anyway. You don't see many 14 year olds walking around Xsyon

:)

LennyLeak
04-19-2011, 04:26 AM
I must say I agree with Kinslayer. Seems like a lot of posts on these forums starts with an insult, and proceeds with a good point. That kinda makes it hard to communicate constructively. But I do agree. Some people just see themselves as consumers only, and thinks that the customer is allways right. I would hope for people to lighten up instead of bashing devs any chance they get. I know my own creativity is sparked by positive feedback. Of course it is important to point out problematic issues. But I think that there is a bit too much focus on the same issues over and over. Even the "something positive" thread turned to negative stuff.

So as a motivational factor I will (honestly) say: I love this game! I think it is awesome and has more potential than any MMORPG out there. I would wish that NG had more people on staff, but the fact that they have not, impresses me when I see what they have accomplished so far. I just hope it continues, and all the negative vibes on the forum do not discurage devs or scare away new players too much.

dezgard
04-19-2011, 04:47 AM
We are beer-less dev's with no liquor as backup :(

Armand
04-19-2011, 05:37 AM
All the goodwill in the world doesn't change the fact that the game is a ghost town.

Hopefully all this potential brings some players back.

LennyLeak
04-19-2011, 05:41 AM
Beer-less on a tuesday? - Life is trife :p

EDIT:

All the goodwill in the world doesn't change the fact that the game is a ghost town.

Touché

NorCalGooey
04-19-2011, 05:52 AM
What will bring players back is conquest and expansion which gives the rest of the game meaning.

And all features working as intended of course.

Hanover
04-19-2011, 06:06 AM

Potential is what brought us here, realizing that potential will bring people back.

Sirius
04-19-2011, 02:51 PM
For all of those whining and griping and moaning or whichever you do to make your little self-centered lives a bit more tolerable

Now THAT'S how you begin an inspirational post, ladies and jellybeans... ;)

predator_nova
04-20-2011, 03:09 AM
Yeah it's completely OK to charge 40 bucks for an unfinished piece of _insert here_ because hey it's a small company!

I'm gonna do that too. All I need is some feces and gold wrapping paper. Judging by the braintrust that is gathered here I'll make a fortune as long as I make sure I tell people that my gold wrapped pile o crap is made by an indy company and that it contains real non-corporate sweat and tears....

srsly gais you make me sad. Why not just give me all your money and I'll tell you once a day you're special!

Kinslayer
04-20-2011, 03:19 AM
Now THAT'S how you begin an inspirational post, ladies and jellybeans... ;)You do realise you are one of the whining and griping and moaning self-centered assholes he's talking about right?

Yeah it's completely OK to charge 40 bucks for an unfinished piece of glorious pot pie because hey it's a small company! Consider me inserted :P

KidCracken
04-20-2011, 04:30 AM
Yeah it's completely OK to charge 40 bucks for an unfinished piece of _insert here_ because hey it's a small company!

I'm gonna do that too. All I need is some feces and gold wrapping paper. Judging by the braintrust that is gathered here I'll make a fortune as long as I make sure I tell people that my gold wrapped pile o crap is made by an indy company and that it contains real non-corporate sweat and tears....

srsly gais you make me sad. Why not just give me all your money and I'll tell you once a day you're special!

couldn't agree less.. yea, it's unfinished, but not a piece of sh*t in gold wrappings.. If you though this was fully done then you haven't done any research at all.. To me it was clear this is a raw lump of gold in sh*t wrappings before i bought it.. just look at all the bashing Xsyon gets most places it's mentioned..

but i like that raw lump of gold and i see the potential to form it into something beautifull :)

you wasn't cheated into paying.. I haven't seen it mentioned as finished with all functions in anywhere.. it's even called "Prelude" .. maybe it should be "please support us, so we can finish this beta", but if anyone cheated you, it was yourself..

ArrakisTheDragon
04-20-2011, 05:27 AM
Go suck down some more pot pies, fatty.

:D I eat potpies because I can, preferably the Mrs Callenders potpies since they seem to be the lowest in Sodium content but otherwise make a nice meal when I get tired of sushi/rice/noodles. It is quite hard to suck down a potpie especially if you dont cook it first and then its nearly impossible right after being cooked unless you want scalding burns to your lips and mouth so it is best to let it cool for a few minutes. If you cook it too long the meat with be chewy or dried out, if you dont cook it long enough it will be "pasty" and the veggies will be chewy. Other than that, its always best to let it cool while playing Xsyon or reading the forums.

At times I see what food is best to be eaten while gaming. Noodles are a pain, especially with chopsticks while trying to play the computer at the same time. Potpies you can take a huge spoonful in the mouth, chew on it, play and repeat until its gone. The best part is, they dont stink up the room from the empty carton after eating unlike noodles do. Pizza you can do but you will burn your lip if its fresh and the sauce squishes out from folding the slice in half. Sub sandwiches are alright but messy depending on what you get on them. Drinks are drinks, only exception is a milkshake which will make you shit yourself about an hour or two after playing a game, if its a McD's shake expect a stomach pains upto the point of shitting and its not going to be no one wipe wondershit either.

Milktea is awesome because not only does it curb the hunger but it tastes great and neutralizes any stomach reflex you might be having but if you drink too much of it, the Japanese gods will pour their wraith into your toilet by means of violently explosive diaherrea.

Other than that I am looking forward to the next content patch for Xsyon :O and wondering what the durability loss system is going to look like.

Sirius
04-20-2011, 05:37 AM
You do realise you are one of the whining and griping and moaning self-centered assholes he's talking about right?

You sound pretty mad, bro; let your feelings out.

Mactavendish
04-20-2011, 06:33 AM
Maybe we are just tired of players that came here with wish fulfillment expectations and once they found that this game was NOT made to Their vision, they can do nothing all day but tear down this game by snide comments dripping with distain.

I will never understand players that realize they don't like a game, and then will quit, and spend ( in some cases ) YEARS whining about in on the games forum or in irc.

Yesterday a guy was in IRC, and as a few were making positive comments, he chimes in and says that he is amazed that people still actively play this game. Pfft.. I guess he is like that little old lady on the freeway driving 20 mph below speed limit in the fast lane because she has appointed herself as "Keeper of the speed and law" ... He is making sure to warn off any player that might actually LIKE this game.

I would think that such a whiner would have a real life to take up his time.. but maybe he really lives at home with his mother and is age 43 and been out of work for the last three years NOT because of no jobs, its just that none available to him are his perfectly preferred job.

Malivius
04-20-2011, 06:46 AM
Potential is what brought us here, realizing that potential will bring people back.

This is what I'm hoping for. At this point, it's not that I'm losing faith in Xsyon (The Game), but I'm much more worried about the number of people that will have kept the faith by the time things are where they need to be to draw people back in...

Sirius
04-20-2011, 06:46 AM
I have played a lot of online video games, and thus have seen my fair share of board warrioring, but I've noticed that when the posters on this forum start feeling defensive, the accusations about people being unemployed and living in mom's basement really start to fly. Curious.

China
04-20-2011, 07:17 AM
Here you go Mac. Today must be one of those 'Heavy Flow" days.

You are not funny, and your insults go too far.

GuideLailah
04-20-2011, 07:22 AM
We are beer-less dev's with no liquor as backup :(

Yeah and us Guides have no cookies... or beer... or.. nvm :) this wont go anywhere.

Mactavendish
04-20-2011, 07:26 AM
No worries China.

Some folks have let there emotions start to control them.

Oh, and did you notice I didn't say who lived with mom, but the ones whining the most are the ones to take the greatest offense.

Food for thought. :)

Malivius, no need to worry about that at all... its a self-correcting thing. If the ones here now lose faith and leave, they will be replaced by new players later... it's all good

Sirius
04-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Er... who's taking offense at what, now?

Zheo
04-20-2011, 09:13 AM
ofc not!

i havent even downloaded the game yet since they didnt make new combat system for release.. did they update it yet ?

d3m0nd0
04-20-2011, 10:14 AM
It does not even have wings! Clearly this is the bad stuff :O

A real developer could run on only Coffee or if really in need energy drink!

Korean developers just need Water/Rice and Starcraft 1. Sometimes they dont even need Water and Rice!

Hopibear
04-20-2011, 10:17 AM
*waves* i am here as well!!!

ArrakisTheDragon
04-22-2011, 05:30 AM
Wonder how long it will take the china farmers to embrace Xsyon. What will they say/sell though since I doubt Xsyon will have portal shards.

siimp
04-22-2011, 01:08 PM
One more big rollback like today and i want my money back...
Lost like 4 hours.

Deatu
04-22-2011, 04:52 PM
*waves* i am here as well!!!

Don't forget about me. I agree with the OP too.

mmogaddict1
04-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Lost it.

========================================
Subscription details

This profile has been cancelled and cannot be reactivated. No more recurring payments will be made.

Cancelled

Merchant Notorious Games Verified | xsyon@xsyon.com