PDA

View Full Version : Stop Fixing, get new tools/content in it! (whine)

Ferigad
04-20-2011, 05:37 AM

Should i say more?

Damn it stop the Fixing and your work on a PEAK Server performance, the damn last patch should show you that you cant make a bug-free super nice patch.

Just roll the damn things in and fix them on the run. And bring in some tools or/and more content......

Honestly if at the end of this Month nothing really happend i personally think i will end it with play the game. Not sure about it at the moment, but really. I gave the game a fair chance, 70% of tools should be in since 1 year!

1 year...thats 12 months...thats 365 days....

All what is in since 1 year is more crafting patterns, drinking water and Architecture....that is all...

and you make only improvements to the server code and so on...sometimes the game runed really good...and after another of the patches to reach the PERFECT Stability (THat simply DOES NOT EXIST) it gets worser and so on...

Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaassssseeeee stop the damn performance improvements now, and get content/Tool things rolllin.

We know you got a better toolsystem somewhere in your databses, and we know you got more weapons in your databases, and we know you got more stuff there somewehre around so give the people some more tools.

Quit frankly, at the moment i stoped playing. And i will not login for a performance improvement patch. Or subscribe for a performance improvement patch. Just roll the damn tools/content patches in, it cant be get any bader from the game experience.

The last thing this game needs are improvement patches. If history of games shows on thing, then that the community is a damn w****, if you treat her bad she will remember it and eventually not come back.

Sirius
04-20-2011, 05:40 AM
I've gotta say, you don't make a very good case for it, but I LOL'd at you criticizing the devs for chasing after "PERFECT stability".

Hopibear
04-20-2011, 05:42 AM
lolzzzz ??????

unzubaru
04-20-2011, 06:13 AM
Ye dammit! Why are the devs such douches! All they ever do is improve the game, PLEASE START PUTTING IN BUGGY TOOLS AND HALF ASSED FEATURES AND THEN RELEASE A PATCH 1 YEAR LATER THAT FIXES IT BECAUSE YOU'VE JUST REALISED THAT YOU HAVE NO CUSTOMERS BECAUSE YOU LISTENED TO HOPIBEAR.

This is why Hopibear, you don't have a job as a game marketer or have any involvement in any game feature planning process.

Armand
04-20-2011, 06:17 AM
Ye dammit! Why are the devs such douches! All they ever do is improve the game, PLEASE START PUTTING IN BUGGY TOOLS AND HALF ASSED FEATURES AND THEN RELEASE A PATCH 1 YEAR LATER THAT FIXES IT BECAUSE YOU'VE JUST REALISED THAT YOU HAVE NO CUSTOMERS BECAUSE YOU LISTENED TO HOPIBEAR.

This is why Hopibear, you don't have a job as a game marketer or have any involvement in any game feature planning process.

Reading Comprehension: F

Redus
04-20-2011, 09:13 AM

And you got all that just from "lolzzzz ?????? "

darkbladed
04-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Truthfully forget whatever time the game has been in beta; judge it byt he fact that it LAUNCHED about a month ago.
If you honestly believe that there would be a huge amount of content from 3 guys working for a month, take into account the severe stability issues they have been working on, then feel free to state that.

I couldn't do better in a months time that's for sure.
If you have a lot of computer programming skills or art skills and want to volunteer your time, for free, then I suggest you email Jordi and tell him so.
I am very sure he will be happy for the help.

d3m0nd0
04-20-2011, 10:00 AM

Hopibear Invented the Internet. True Story.

darkbladed
04-20-2011, 10:49 AM
This is one of the most idiotic things I've read on these boards in a while. Thanks.

Why is it idiotic? Isn't it true?
We did launch in mid March didn't we?
Hmmm lemme check...
Yup we did, March 15th to be exact.
So it has been exactly 35 days since launch; thats a hair under 5 weeks.
So I can't see why anyone with 3rd grade Mathematical skills can call my statement of "We only launched about a month ago" Idiotic; unless in fact you do not have a 3rd gradee Mathematical education and then you might wanna take up up with your state or country's board of education as the education system has obviouslly failed you :)

Sirius
04-20-2011, 11:01 AM
I couldn't help but notice that he quoted other comments in addition to your observation that the game launched a month ago.

Perhaps his criticism was directed at one or more of those other comments.

unzubaru
04-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Right. Let's just forget about the years of development leading up to what SHOULD be a somewhat feature-complete launch. Owait.

People like yourself with irrational love for independent developers are willing to accept a shitty product.

Close the door on your way out, or just sit down.

xyberviri
04-20-2011, 11:21 AM
And people like Illmaculate with there irrational love for willing to keep playing the same shitty product they complain about hating so much everyday on this forum and over at mmorpg.com but yet still can't seem to just cancel and leave.........

orious13
04-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Most people who are unhappy will probably stay until the "free" period is over. Ill joined way earlier than most people. There were other launch dates as well, however, I would still count march as the official one as that's when "free" time really started to count down.

xyberviri
04-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Bro. I don't play.

dam all i can say is you much really hate Xsyon then....

orious13
04-20-2011, 11:34 AM
dam all i can say is you much really hate Xsyon then....

I haven't played since the coon incident, but I still like it. I kind of feel like playing some more now though...still only 50 in weaponcraft.

Dubanka
04-20-2011, 11:49 AM
I haven't played since the coon incident, but I still like it. I kind of feel like playing some more now though...still only 50 in weaponcraft.

i still like the dream. the reality is bringing me down. haven't been able to bring myself to log in lately to finish my vd monument.
my weapon craft is only at 40, but i can't quite bring myself to grind it out. There isn't a point to it, besides the grind. In theory a higher skill would allow me to make better quality weapons, and more varieties of them. However there is no value to having a higher quality weapon. Even if the display showed how awesome it was, the weapon is really of no more utilitarian value than an ear ring.

there are lots of other things i could be doing, but there is no point of doing the activity, except for the activity itself...and while certain activities can be entertaining of their own accord, even they were think after a while.

Book
04-20-2011, 12:04 PM
i still like the dream. the reality is bringing me down. haven't been able to bring myself to log in lately to finish my vd monument.
my weapon craft is only at 40, but i can't quite bring myself to grind it out. There isn't a point to it, besides the grind. In theory a higher skill would allow me to make better quality weapons, and more varieties of them. However there is no value to having a higher quality weapon. Even if the display showed how awesome it was, the weapon is really of no more utilitarian value than an ear ring.

there are lots of other things i could be doing, but there is no point of doing the activity, except for the activity itself...and while certain activities can be entertaining of their own accord, even they were think after a while.

If you want some help finishing that monument before the free time runs out, I wouldn't mind leveling up my masonry skills. I've been trying to whisper you in game once in a while to make the offer, but no luck yet.

Far as the topic, I think the game had some pretty harsh lag/stability issues in the first week didn't it? Improvements to that have been coming in. Seems like trying to implement new things before addressing that fundamental issue would probably not have been appreciated very much?

Book
04-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Double-posted for some reason. Just cleaning up.

AlexTaldren
04-20-2011, 12:29 PM
While I agree with the OP on the general idea of content > optimization, all I can say is... dot, dot, dot... a review by axeman13.

darkbladed
04-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Right. Let's just forget about the years of development leading up to what SHOULD be a somewhat feature-complete launch. Owait.

People like yourself with irrational love for independent developers are willing to accept a shitty product.

WoW had an 8 year development cycle by the way.
Just to give you a time-frame.

So the what 2 years by 3 guys with a few grand vs the 8 years by a team of over 100 people with a few million?

Yeah this game should have launched better, or as well as, WoW did; You have shown me the light.

If you expect any major updates in the next 6 months and will whine if you don't get them; save us all the headache now and leave quietly. Maybe we will start getting larger expansions of content in 6 months to a year, maybe.

Aramanu
04-20-2011, 01:13 PM
way to go pulling numbers out of your ass.

darkbladed
04-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Can you provide a source for this made up information? Didn't think so.

Also, I'm going to guess that around 3,000 people (maybe more) bought this game. 3,000 x $40 = $120,000

$120,000 /=/ a few grand. Where's that money gone oh master basketeer?

$120k isn't that much money to start off a game; or any business for that matter.

even if you think $120k is a lot multiple millions of dollars was put into WoW; so even at ~$1 million the Xsyon team is working with only 12% of the money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft
"Blizzard Entertainment announced World of Warcraft on September 2, 2001. The game was released on November 23, 2004, on the 10th anniversary of the Warcraft franchise."
That is nearly 4 years from announcement, which included concept art and even a few itial screens, to launch.
They were working on it since before.
Actually funny enough I remember an interview in 1999 when EQ was still in its infancy the people at Blizzard saying they were very interested in making Warcraft into an MMO; people speculated then that they were already working on WoW.

There is information stating that they took AT LEAST 4 years to make WoW
I heard 8 but I am not gunna spend a ton of time researching it at this moment.

So where are your numbers from?

Added after 5 minutes:

Also
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_average_salary_of_a_video_game_designe r

"Game Designers: $40,000 to $70,000"

So think if Jordi pays 1 art guy and 1 coder at bargain basement price of $40k
That is $80k a year plus cost of paying for the music and the hardware and the server's hosting and the bandwidth etc etc etc

Easily this game costs him $150-200k to run and develop a year; easily, maybe even 2-3X that amount.

orious13
04-20-2011, 01:50 PM
I wish people would quit using Wikipedia in debates or arguments.

Not trying to be mean :), but that's not really direct source material.

Dade512
04-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Ill, can I try to ask again why you stay around the forums of a game you say you don't play and obviously have much disdain for?

JCatano
04-20-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm pretty sure Jordi is only spending the minimal amount on hardware/server infrastructure. WhoIs leads to two hosts... Both seem low-end. If Xsyon is only running on one machine, which a number of people think is the case, it looks like the price is anywhere from $99 to $434 per month. Ghetto.

darkbladed
04-20-2011, 02:37 PM
it looks like the price is anywhere from $99 to $434 per month. Ghetto.

That is still $5.2k a year

If Xsyon is only running on one machine, which a number of people think is the case

Cause we all know that what "people" think is true; it can be on one server it can also be on eight servers.
I am not qualified to answer that

Also Illmaculate that statement seems very lame.
If you think this game is crap and the forums are more fun maybe I can understand, but not agree with, your viewpoint.
But are the Xsyon forums more fun than all games, or watching movies, or going outside, or everything else in the world?
If they are I feel sorry for you, if not go do one of the things that are more fun than being a forum troll.

This will be the last time I respond to Illmaculate at all.
I shall pretend like any post he posts does not exist.
Bye buddy hope you don't drown to death, or fall down a flight of stairs, or get catapulted into a volcano before you mature and hit puberty.

JCatano
04-20-2011, 03:10 PM
That is still $5.2k a year

Cause we all know that what "people" think is true; it can be on one server it can also be on eight servers.
I am not qualified to answer that

Which, as I already stated... Ghetto.

It's a logical conclusion to come to when you consider he doesn't have an investor, there is no continuous income, past (and current at times) bandwidth issues, and server performance when more than 4 people try to log in. Could it be more than one machine? Could it be 5 machines and simply a coding issue? Sure. I'm leaning towards one machine, though, along with some coding problems. Two of the cheap ones at most.

On your salary note... How are you sure he is even paying his help normal salaries for their field? He doesn't have the cash to do so. Three devs and six artists sounds like an ordeal of buddies or business acquaintances. The bios of the devs he fired all showed that Xsyon was more their hobby than anything. They all had real jobs. Don't be surprised if the situation is the same with the current team.