PDA

View Full Version : So roll back and I lost like 16+ hours of play

Threndor
04-22-2011, 01:16 PM
You can say sorry all you want but you're wasting my time. Is this going to happen again?
Is your code really that bad that everything that I accomplish will be reduced to something nobody?

Hanover
04-22-2011, 01:22 PM
While the roll back is complete BS, how'd you loose 16 hours in a 10 hour roll back?

Second major rollback in what 39 days of being "live"? Its hard enough finding motivation to play without this crap.

caaahl
04-22-2011, 01:26 PM
You play all day and then in the evening you realize it was all for nothing......... almost philsophical.

But yeah, really frustrating, thats a holiday completly wasted. And its not just "playing", in mmos like this playing can be like working when it comes to terraforming marathons or crafting grind sessions. ;)

But what can we do; nothing. But i dont know how often i come back after such a rollback. This shouldnt happen again... at all.

Hanover
04-22-2011, 02:04 PM
. This shouldnt happen again... at all.

This should give you some comfort : http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/590-Xsyon-Updates-Archive?p=70785&viewfull=1#post70785

Oh wait...

warmslumbers13
04-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Seriously anything longer than an hour is unacceptable. Why bother playing if no data is saved. I think you should look into replacing some of your staff with people less inept. >_> All this does is hurt relations with your customer base. Another long pointless roll back and I might cancel my accounts and go play something that doesn't waste your time and isn't a pointlessly broke beta.

Armand
04-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Same old song and dance from these people. They obviously can't deliver.

Hanover
04-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Same old song and dance from these people. They obviously can't deliver.

I do find their attitude about the whole thing rather disturbing.

Dubanka
04-22-2011, 02:55 PM
it's like a train wreck.

good thing i haven't logged in in a week or so...nothing gained, nothing lost :)

JCatano
04-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Yeah, if you don't play, you won't lose anything.

That's why only a few people lost something.

Kiriath
04-22-2011, 02:58 PM
ahahahaha, deja vu.

Malivius
04-22-2011, 03:07 PM
I do find their attitude about the whole thing rather disturbing.

This...It's extremely disturbing how small of an issue this apparently is to them...coupled with a day's worth of funtime forum posts and seemingly little else from one of the lead developers, certainly sets the tone around here...

Hanover
04-22-2011, 03:21 PM
This...It's extremely disturbing how small of an issue this apparently is to them...coupled with a day's worth of funtime forum posts and seemingly little else from one of the lead developers, certainly sets the tone around here...

Its feels like a big ole F%#$ You! Today has really shown how disconnected they truly are.

MrDDT
04-22-2011, 03:42 PM
While the roll back is complete BS, how'd you loose 16 hours in a 10 hour roll back?

Second major rollback in what 39 days of being "live"? Its hard enough finding motivation to play without this crap.

Truth right here.

It was 9.5 hours roll back. Thats pretty freaking good. I dont know where this fool is getting 16+ hours of play. Its likely this guy didnt even play most of that time also.

Threndor you have a point but when you make up information to try to prove it, makes you sound stupid and then no one will agree with you even if you do have a point.

9.5 hours lost IF you were playing 100% of the time since the servers came up.

The roll back wasnt much at all. Good job devs for the small amount of roll back. Bad job servers for crashing at all.

biophazer242
04-22-2011, 03:46 PM
I replied to a post earlier about a dev and guide hosted upcoming fight club and stated it was not going to be well received by some in the community when the posts lately have been rather negative about the state of the game. Thread vanished and reappeared as a locked event announcement. Guess things are starting to get tense.

Hanover
04-22-2011, 03:54 PM
I replied to a post earlier about a dev and guide hosted upcoming fight club and stated it was not going to be well received by some in the community when the posts lately have been rather negative about the state of the game. Thread vanished and reappeared as a locked event announcement. Guess things are starting to get tense.

Since the thread wasn't rainbows and unicorns it was purged then locked.

Armand
04-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Good job devs for the small amount of roll back.

http://www.allforoneinsultz.com/wp-content/uploads/mp3/stoned.jpg

angus858
04-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Checking my account it looks like I don't get billed again until June 1 so there is no point in cancelling yet. But I've lost all interest in actually playing the game now. I expected rollbacks during beta and didn't mind a bit. I didn't even complain about the slow progress on features and bugs after "release". But if I can't count on a persistant world then Xsyon is not a mmorpg and I will not cough up another dollar for it.

mmogaddict
04-22-2011, 06:21 PM
I don't know about the OP, but I lost about 15 hours of work. As to how you get 15 hours out of a 10 hour rollback, easy, I run two accounts.

1 account lost 9 hours then other account lost 6 hours (Sometimes it's too hard to control 2 accounts so I logged it off for about 3 hours).

Maybe the OP is in a similar situation.

Either way Portal 2 is almost finished downloading and I still haven't opened the boxes on Crysis 2, Shogun 2 or Dead space 2.

Maybe when NG comes out with Xsyon 2 I'll consider it.

MrDDT
04-22-2011, 07:34 PM
I don't know about the OP, but I lost about 15 hours of work. As to how you get 15 hours out of a 10 hour rollback, easy, I run two accounts.

1 account lost 9 hours then other account lost 6 hours (Sometimes it's too hard to control 2 accounts so I logged it off for about 3 hours).

Maybe the OP is in a similar situation.

Either way Portal 2 is almost finished downloading and I still haven't opened the boxes on Crysis 2, Shogun 2 or Dead space 2.

Maybe when NG comes out with Xsyon 2 I'll consider it.

Just FYI, thats still only 9 hours of time and 9 hours of play.
You dont get 100x the play because you have 100 accounts playing at once. Its still only 1x because you are only 1 person.

For you its also still only 9 hours of work. How many hours did you spend working? 9. Still only 9 hours. You can try to twist it all you want but its still only 9 hours.

I should tell my boss because I run 5 computers at once, that I should get paid for doing 200 hours a week. Haha.

fatboy21007
04-22-2011, 11:46 PM
he had to do the roll back. the server crashed and terraforming got busted and the game was severaly screwed up. So only option he had was revert to the save from maintance. Thats why you all got rolledback. a file corruption did it. Shit happens and then ya move on. Least if your gonna come here to bitch, state the facts first before bitching.

caaahl
04-23-2011, 01:14 AM
still, fatboy: The server should do a backup every few minutes or hours, not only once a day. O_o

Ravenstorm
04-23-2011, 01:41 AM
Hello and morning. Am still up...energy drinks.
This is the log entry I kept. Give or take few mins.

Mountain Time:
Logged into game.

Logged in 12:25am Friday. Crashed at 2:46am Friday.
Logged in 03:03am Friday. Maintanence 04:00am Friday.
Logged in 04:38am Friday. Crashed at 12:52pm Friday.
Logged in 13:07pm Friday (30-40 mins rollback) Crashed at 13:21pm Friday.
Logged in 14:05pm Friday (rollback to 4:am) No crash since. End log.

Last week crashes and rollback wasnt bad. It was about 5-15 mins rollback. Crashed 2-3 times per hour, then about 2 times per hour. I was content, nothing major.
Friday's rollback was drastic. For those who happened to logged on during those hours and worked on gathering/harvesting materials for tribe, relocating to new zone, carrying loads/several baskets/bins. Making several hundreds mortars, several hundreds limestone, hundreds of branches to be used for barricade wall, several hundreds sand, reloading when ever you get the death bug, reloading when you get the out of breath bug, reloading when you are stuck bug (stuck in the ground below the earth). Organizing bins in your tribe, doing inventory, setting up architecture sites for folks to use, carrying lots of logs while being encumbered couple or so zone away (thanks to the idiots who destroyed all the trees/trunks). Yeah I was pretty much at the time upset, all that time lost and fustrated, annoyed. Yeah its a game, but the time some of us spent on it, well its fustrating.
I still like the game and will continue to play it. Some of us probably need/needed to vent in public (at least me). I have been at this since beta 1. Its the weekend so I have bit more time then usuale. The guides are doing their best to help us in game and making the game enjoyable (at least for me). Although my fingers and wrist, elbow are hurting somewhat from all the clicking on the mouse, each time I log on, into the game, theres something different to do.
Anyways, its late, going on 28 hours. Energy drinks, coffee, ramen, and chinese take out helps...and headaches pills. This is my vent.

caaahl
04-23-2011, 01:54 AM
Hello and morning. Am still up...energy drinks.
This is the log entry I kept. Give or take few mins.

Mountain Time:
Logged into game.

Logged in 12:25am Friday. Crashed at 2:46am Friday.
Logged in 03:03am Friday. Maintanence 04:00am Friday.
Logged in 04:38am Friday. Crashed at 12:52pm Friday.
Logged in 13:07pm Friday (30-40 mins rollback) Crashed at 13:21pm Friday.
Logged in 14:05pm Friday (rollback to 4:am) No crash since. End log.

Last week crashes and rollback wasnt bad. It was about 5-15 mins rollback. Crashed 2-3 times per hour, then about 2 times per hour. I was content, nothing major.
Friday's rollback was drastic. For those who happened to logged on during those hours and worked on gathering/harvesting materials for tribe, relocating to new zone, carrying loads/several baskets/bins. Making several hundreds mortars, several hundreds limestone, hundreds of branches to be used for barricade wall, several hundreds sand, reloading when ever you get the death bug, reloading when you get the out of breath bug, reloading when you are stuck bug (stuck in the ground below the earth). Organizing bins in your tribe, doing inventory, setting up architecture sites for folks to use, carrying lots of logs while being encumbered couple or so zone away (thanks to the idiots who destroyed all the trees/trunks). Yeah I was pretty much at the time upset, all that time lost and fustrated, annoyed. Yeah its a game, but the time some of us spent on it, well its fustrating.
I still like the game and will continue to play it. Some of us probably need/needed to vent in public (at least me). I have been at this since beta 1. Its the weekend so I have bit more time then usuale. The guides are doing their best to help us in game and making the game enjoyable (at least for me). Although my fingers and wrist, elbow are hurting somewhat from all the clicking on the mouse, each time I log on, into the game, theres something different to do.
Anyways, its late, going on 28 hours. Energy drinks, coffee, ramen, and chinese take out helps...and headaches pills. This is my vent.

OT: Go to sleep, man. Thats not healthy.

ontopic: i was very lucky on the scrap pile after the rollback, so i can forgive them a tiny bit.

Ravenstorm
04-23-2011, 02:28 AM
Hey caahl. Yeah i will get some sleep here. Just wanted to post some screenshots of the guide/gm event, it was about an hour ago ish.

Niburu
04-23-2011, 05:25 AM
OT: Go to sleep, man. Thats not healthy.

ontopic: i was very lucky on the scrap pile after the rollback, so i can forgive them a tiny bit.

Always when i play Xsyon iam thinking, hey you could also press the left mouse button in another game and get random rewards

Hanover
04-23-2011, 07:26 AM
he had to do the roll back. the server crashed and terraforming got busted and the game was severaly screwed up. So only option he had was revert to the save from maintance. Thats why you all got rolledback. a file corruption did it. Shit happens and then ya move on. Least if your gonna come here to bitch, state the facts first before bitching.

I dont care how or why it happened!!!

The point is it did happen and will continue to happen.

Letting this stuff slide is really doing a disservice to the game.

Dirt
04-23-2011, 10:29 AM
I hope its not me and all my accounts terraforming the shit out of everything within eyesight that crashes our server, because i would feel just terrible. Terrible. I can't stop though, must dig. Today i will terraform the great wall of china with my totem hopping digging maniac , Haida. She needs dirt. Bad. Someone bring me some sand, please. Thanks for listening.

Threndor
04-23-2011, 11:15 AM
So I exaggerated a bit with 16 hours and I obviously was quite pissed when I posted this and drunk since I can't remember posting this lol. Anyway let's hope this doesn't happen any time soon again.

Book
04-23-2011, 11:38 AM
So I exaggerated a bit with 16 hours and I obviously was quite pissed when I posted this and drunk since I can't remember posting this lol. Anyway let's hope this doesn't happen any time soon again.

doh! :p well for someone in the midst of a blackout, you were actually fairly coherent ;)

Now stop killing them gray cells man! :)