PDA

View Full Version : Login Message Request

ocoma
04-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Some of us were just talking in general about the rollback and Jarred suggested a login message that informs people of happenings. Basically the stuff that gets posted in the Main Server Status thread should be added to the game in the form of a login message that lets people know about rollbacks and the like instead of forcing them to come to the forums to find this stuff out.

This is posted in Prelude Talk cause it seems to be a busier section then the Suggestions section.

xyberviri
04-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Game updates:
http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/1440-Xsyon-Updates?p=73418&viewfull=1#post73418
Server Status:
http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/1457-Xsyon-Main-Server-Status?p=72198#post72198

thats where they would point.

Malivius
04-22-2011, 06:27 PM
At this point we can barely get any information on the forums. I wouldn't expect much more than that for the foreseeable future. Good suggestion though.

mmogaddict
04-22-2011, 06:30 PM
You know what's is really infuriating, it's been almost 7 hours since this last large rollback and not a peep from anyone in charge other than

"Server has crashed at a critical point and needs to be restored to the last maintenance scheduled (Friday: 10:00 AM GMT/UTC (2:00 AM PST).

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience to the players, We will endeavor to make sure these rollbacks do not happen again. "

THAT's your response? Really? Seriously you fook over the players time and efforts and you can't even come up with a decent frikken response.

Malivius
04-22-2011, 06:31 PM
You know what's is really infuriating, it's been almost 7 hours since this last large rollback and not a peep from anyone in charge other than

"Server has crashed at a critical point and needs to be restored to the last maintenance scheduled (Friday: 10:00 AM GMT/UTC (2:00 AM PST).

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience to the players, We will endeavor to make sure these rollbacks do not happen again. "

THAT's your response? Really? Seriously you fook over the players time and efforts and you can't even come up with a decent frikken response.

Exactly...what is left of this population is bleeding out left and right (I know because I'm one of them...) I've been desperately trying to stay positive and supportive, but this is it...it's beyond ridiculous at this point.

mmogaddict
04-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Given that the rollback pretty much covered the entire Offpeak/Aussie primetime you've pretty much lost that population, it also would have covered a large chunk of the Euro playerbase since it was a public holiday. They might keep their American players as they would most likely be the least affected, though some on the east coast my have given up since it was around 3pm EDT, again, public holiday so the numbers online would have been higher than normal.

caaahl
04-23-2011, 06:37 AM

Mhm, what else should they say? Reimbursement is whats done in other mmos in such a case but its not possible since they dont take monthly fees yet, afaik.

JaredXS
04-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Mhm, what else should they say? Reimbursement is whats done in other mmos in such a case but its not possible since they dont take monthly fees yet, afaik.

Is that correct, is the monthly subscription charge not yet in effect? My account suggests I will be charged on the 15th of May?

Jadzia
04-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Is that correct, is the monthly subscription charge not yet in effect? My account suggests I will be charged on the 15th of May?

The free period which came with the client is not over yet.

orious13
04-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Yeah... really can't say much more than that and have anyone react differently. The same people will still be angry even if every dev said the only thing they could say... "Sorry."

I think they should probably be finished with the almost finished new updater... that will probably include everything you guys want. Hopefully.

mmogaddict
04-24-2011, 12:49 AM
Free period is about to end for the non preorder accounts, my second account was due on eother the 26/4 (Xsyon system) or the 6/5 (Paypal System) depending on where I looked.

Either way that account is now cancalled and I spent yesterday playing Portal 2. And this is from the person that spent a year paying and playing ATITD which to be hoenst was run more professionally and was more reliable than Xsyon.

I never selected a sub selection on my preorder account so that runs till whenever, but I doubt I'll bother to log on now. I'll check back via the forums out of some morbid interest to see how things are going in a few weeks. I do hope the game somehow suceeds but at this point I think the best thing for it would be if the game got sold off to someone else like a CCP that has the resources, and experience to run a complex database system such as this.

NorCalGooey
04-24-2011, 01:08 AM
but you know they would ruin the game

dezgard
04-24-2011, 04:51 AM
Some of us were just talking in general about the rollback and Jarred suggested a login message that informs people of happenings. Basically the stuff that gets posted in the Main Server Status thread should be added to the game in the form of a login message that lets people know about rollbacks and the like instead of forcing them to come to the forums to find this stuff out.

I have Directed this question to Jordi and the launcher will be updated with live server status and announcement information.

Thanks
dezgard

JaredXS
04-24-2011, 07:56 AM
I have Directed this question to Jordi and the launcher will be updated with live server status and announcement information.

Thanks
dezgard

Thank you for doing so, Dezgard. It will certainly help in your continued communication with the community and people appreciate the 'heads up'. Good show!