PDA

View Full Version : Are subs turned on yet?

mmogaddict
04-25-2011, 05:35 AM
The free time play for non-preorder subs were/are scheduled to start soon. My question is are they turned on? Does NG plan on starting to charge for this game this week onwards as non preorder subs falls due?

dezgard
04-25-2011, 05:42 AM
It's being worked on now and we are hopeful it'll be in soon.

mmogaddict
04-25-2011, 06:01 AM
Can you advise what happens to inactive accounts, mainly their totems, do they vanish?

dezgard
04-25-2011, 06:39 AM
Initially no, But I will get clearer information on this from Jordi and post back here.

dezgard
04-25-2011, 07:13 AM
Totem decay will be introduced later in Xsyon's development.

aliksteel
04-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Good to know, At lest we know this want turn into another SWG. With empty tribal camps all over the place.

Thanks for the update Dez.

NorCalGooey
04-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Yes totem decay would be awesome. And at the end all land in the totem reverts back to final wipe day, so it looks as good as new :) Unrealistic but would make the game world look much better in the long run. Would be nice to have an option for other players to save the totem area (if say a player who put in a lot of work and made the landscape look really good) and make it their own, perhaps after the initial decay period where the original totem owner still has a chance to resub his account and save his totem.

Hanover
04-25-2011, 05:08 PM
I surely hope Totem decay is at the bottom of the list, it would be detrimental at this stage and really serve no purpose.

Virtus
04-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Subs will begin on the 1st for none pre-orders so long as you did not cancel your subscription.

If you did cancel it and wish to ad it back on, I am working on that now.

Azhul_NS
04-26-2011, 09:55 PM
It's being worked on now and we are hopeful it'll be in soon.

Charging a sub fee for Xsyon in its current state is indefensible.

No way is it in a fit state for this.

I bought it a few days ago, and unless I see real improvement, I will not be subscribing.

mmogaddict
04-26-2011, 10:38 PM
Subs will begin on the 1st for none pre-orders so long as you did not cancel your subscription.

If you did cancel it and wish to ad it back on, I am working on that now.

1st of May or June?

Cause I would dare say 1st of May MIGHT be a little premature given the state of the game.

Either that or I would suggest lowering the monthly rate till the game is... well better than it's current state.

Xidian
04-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he meant the first of June because we get 2.5months of playtime, which from March 15th would be June 1st I believe.

If not, I need to get to unsubscribing. =P

mmogaddict
04-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he meant the first of June because we get 2.5months of playtime, which from March 15th would be June 1st I believe.

If not, I need to get to unsubscribing. =P

Nah this is for "1st for none pre-orders" he meant non preorders. Preorder players should still be 1st of June.

Just not sure whether they have decided to start everyon on 1st of June or not.

xyberviri
04-26-2011, 11:05 PM
pre orders were 2.5 months and non were 6 weeks.

PrinceReaper
04-26-2011, 11:11 PM
oh sweet, i got 2 months of sub i never play xD, is there any way to save it till later xD

GuideDina
04-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Pre-orders 1st June
Post prelease purchases 1st May

Hanover
04-27-2011, 08:36 AM
Pre-orders 1st June
Post prelease purchases 1st May

Thanks...tick tock

JaredXS
04-28-2011, 08:20 AM
I have cancelled my subscription (at least, I believe I have - the account system isn't very clear) as I do not believe the game is worth a monthly fee at this point.

Book
04-28-2011, 10:36 AM
I think the following post might be helpful as well:
[EDIT: what is said at that other post is pretty what's down below]

So in my case, my sub looks like it would renew on 4/30, but that would not give me the full 6 weeks.
I'm taking it on faith that it's as Virtus says in the above post, and just a visual error with renewals set for individual accounts at the appropriate time.

EDIT: Just thought of something, the link above only works for registered users. Perhaps I shouldn't post it here... doh!

Virtus
04-28-2011, 04:26 PM
It is only a visual error for those buying with paypal between March 16th and April 1st. Anyone not between those dates the date displayed is correct. If you feel it is incorrect please PM me and I will look into it.

For those that pre-ordered June 1st is start of subscriptions.
For those that ordered on the 16th of March, first day of release, subscriptions began on the 27th of April, 6 weeks.

fatboy21007
04-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Is their any chance that we can get more free time added to our accounts, due to all the short commings we have enured. Those that are left are very loyal and i feel we all deserve a little something for sticking everything through and being helpful and cosntructive to the dev's.

Hanover
04-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Is their any chance that we can get more free time added to our accounts, due to all the short commings we have enured. Those that are left are very loyal and i feel we all deserve a little something for sticking everything through and being helpful and cosntructive to the dev's.

You still have a month

"Anyhow good luck bud. Remember next time you buy a game read the fourms first and Understand wat you are buying before ya buy it. " Found that line rather funny.

oneyedwang
04-28-2011, 06:44 PM
It is only a visual error for those buying with paypal between March 16th and April 1st. Anyone not between those dates the date displayed is correct. If you feel it is incorrect please PM me and I will look into it.

For those that pre-ordered June 1st is start of subscriptions.
For those that ordered on the 16th of March, first day of release, subscriptions began on the 27th of April, 6 weeks.

We'll be losing a few people in a couple of days.....

mmogaddict
04-29-2011, 05:41 AM
You still have a month

Only preorder accounts do, non preorder accounts are alreay running out.

Salvadore
04-29-2011, 06:36 AM
No one should be charged, be it a pre-order player or a new player, for the state of this game. Asking people for a monthly fee for the current state of this game, regardless of the ToS, is simply guaranteeing that they go away. I couldn't think of a worse PR move as to do so.

Extending all accounts until the June 1st date seems fair. Discussing if people keep their accounts active, after visual proof of features being addressed, will be fair then but definitely not any time soon.

No need to bleed out even more IMO.

Trenchfoot
04-29-2011, 06:43 AM
We'll be losing a few people in a couple of days.....

Dibbs on the antique cheese grater.

Azhul_NS
04-29-2011, 06:47 AM
No one should be charged, be it a pre-order player or a new player, for the state of this game. Asking people for a monthly fee for the current state of this game, regardless of the ToS, is simply guaranteeing that they go away. I couldn't think of a worse PR move as to do so.

Assuming they have any business savvy at all - what they do about sub fees will tell us the future of Xsyon. If they start charging fees with the game as it is now, it is a last ditch money grab for the remaining cash they can squeeze out of it before they kill it. They have to know that charging fees now will drive virtually all remaining players away.