PDA

View Full Version : What's Bothering You?

Dubanka
04-29-2011, 08:35 AM
Please post in a constructive manner and don't flame for because what bothers someone else, isn't something that you think should bother someone else

Dubanka's bother list:

1. There is no point to the game...in fact it's not a game, it's a sim. There is no reason to craft beyond crafting itself. There is no reason to build, beyond building itself. Because nothing has value, pvp is pointless because there is nothing to fight for or over. In short the basic game design does not appear to be complete.

2. Lack of Developer communciation with the player base. In Jordi's most recent post, he states that,
The Prelude is intended as a process between players and developers.. For this to be the case, there needs to be a much better flow of information between the devs and the players. We need to understand, succintly, what your intent is so that we can a) tell you if it's working/will work or b) if it's broken and why. Presently most forum debates between the players center around one group stating what they would like to see, and another group responding why it cant be because of something Jordi said somewhere a year or 2 back. As a community we are unable to really move forward because there is no concise, 'this is what our plan is/this is what we are looking to accomplish'...or even better, '...we do/do not plan on doing it like that, our current design has us doing it like this, what do you think?'. I think we're all happy to help you in the process, the devs just need to let us know if wwhat direction we need to start walking in, and provide an occasional course correction.

3. I do not have a reason to pay for this game. I have no issue of having made my $40 contribution to the xsyon improvement charity fund. It was a leap of faith. I feel a little guilt about bringing my friends along, but all that is in another thread somewhere. What bothers me now, is looking at June 1, and the end of the 'free' period for pre-orders, i really don't see a reason to subscribe. There have been no improvements to actual game play. The entire 'free' period has been devoted to just making the game playable...and i'm still not sure if its current level of playability is due to actual stabilization changes, or the fact that there are 95% fewer people logging in than there were 6 weeks ago. But I have not seen anything to give me hope...or at least enough to spend any more cash on this product. I have not seen any communication (ie. #2) that tells me that the devs 'get it'...it's all vague hopey changey things will be better you'll see wink wink stuff. Give me a reason to support the product.

thats my list.

Azhul_NS
04-29-2011, 08:41 AM
1 - agreed. BIG problem here.

2 - Don't care. I'd rather they fix stuff than talk to us.

3 - Yup. If they bring in sub fees without major progress, they will lose many of the people remaining.

Salvadore
04-29-2011, 08:47 AM
Agree with all 3. As always, Dubs articulately beats me to the punch!

Stressing the point - GIVE US REASONS TO CONTINUE TO PAY FOR THIS GAME. WE WANT TO, BUT NEED LEGITIMATE REASONING!

Trenchfoot
04-29-2011, 08:50 AM
#1 Not knowing if game-breaking features or the game-breaking implementation of features will make this game nothing new. Specifically in the area of player freedom vs. the illusion of player freedom.

This is my biggest concern.

EDIT: And ultimately what I will base my decision to keep subbing or not on.

Malivius
04-29-2011, 08:51 AM
I believe my list is somewhat similar.

1. Need whatever form of skill-cap to be in place. Economies and societies are based around supply/demand and mutual benefit.My wife and I have been playing since launch...we're homesteaders, so we expect it to be a bit quiet (compared to a large tribe). We have no problem traveling a distance to trade or interact with folks. However, at this point, as Dubanka pointed out, there's absolutely no reason to even be playing, much less working with other people. They don't have anything I need and I have absolutely nothing they need. At this point any person can make anything they want in a matter of days.

2. Those systems that were turned off need to be priority. I understand that many players are adamant that quality is already in-game. I'm not sure if it is or not, but working my skill to 100 on the hope that it does mean something provides very little purpose to be working towards it. At the same time, I already have 10 suits of armor, 30 weapons, stacks of tools, and many other things..because decay isn't working. Quality, Decay, Tooltips...those three things would add a tremendous amount of purpose and content to the game right now.

3. We need content, ESPECIALLY before people start getting charged monthly fees (May 1st for Non-Preorder, According to Virtus) What is left of the active population will disappear if we start getting charged monthly fees. I understand that much of the "behind-the-scenes" work HAD to be done, but I also, at the same time, wonder if the improvements I see are the result of that work or the DRASTICALLY depleted active playerbase. We need SOMETHING and we need it before we start paying more money...

4. My Single Biggest Bother... The phrase "In Progress". This is not a personal attack, but the phrase "In Progress" is beyond bothering me at this point. Although I believe I understand why (the launcher being revamped), the launcher message has not changed in two weeks...it's still thanking us and referencing stuff done two weeks ago. New players have to figure out that there's one specific post on the forums somewhere that will inform them of the current state of the server. I specifically asked several days ago if we should expect small content patches or if we're going to be waiting on a mid-summer miracle patch. The answer, from Dezgard, is that we'll be getting smaller content patches as things are ready. This needs to happen as soon as the new launcher is in place. We need communication and we need transparency.

I know it has to be trying and frustrating for the entire team working on this game, but it's part of the process. I love the game...hell, I've moved my homestead three times already (just for something to do) and explored the world completely several times, but even I'm about done with logging in until I see something change....something REAL change in the game...a purpose to play.
Unfortunately, if the date for subscription start-ups comes before the day there is a purpose to logging in, I'll be cancelling my subscriptions and watching from the sidelines with fingers crossed...

Thanks for the constructive thread Dubanka!

Xidian
04-29-2011, 08:55 AM
I really only have a problem with there not being enough to do in the game, and the stuff you can do has no real reason to do it. I think the communication isn't THAT bad though. As it stands right now, I bought two accounts so that I could let some of my friends play without them needing to sub first to try out the game. I don't mind me spending that money, because it went towards a dream of a spectacular game. I want to be apart of the early stages of xsyon and look back years later and say, "Oh yeah, I was there with all of the other veterans". But as it stands, I probably will not resub unless they add in some major content, which they have said they will do. Also it depends on if I can find a summer job to pay for the sub, so that's the real thing. My tribe has gone from 15 active players down to 4 if you don't count me, because I just log on to check out our tribe area and maybe build a few buildings that others have prepared.

I suppose it comes down to the reason I don't actively play now is because so many of my tribemates have left due to the fact that there is nothing to do, and so I'm left alone with also nothing to do.

Hanover
04-29-2011, 08:56 AM
I'd like to add to #1: Combat (PvP/PvE) is broken first off, rather pointless second. I also enjoy FPS/RTS games, they are also rather pointless, but the process is entertaining and challenging.
I know Combat is being "worked on", but to what extent? What really concerns see is: Even given the limited server load and simplistic combat, the client sync is horrible. ( with client pings < 20 ms )

MrDDT
04-29-2011, 09:54 AM
Please post in a constructive manner and don't flame for because what bothers someone else, isn't something that you think should bother someone else

Dubanka's bother list:

1. There is no point to the game...in fact it's not a game, it's a sim. There is no reason to craft beyond crafting itself. There is no reason to build, beyond building itself. Because nothing has value, pvp is pointless because there is nothing to fight for or over. In short the basic game design does not appear to be complete.

This is kinda my only thing that bothers me. I can deal with bugs, I can deal with no comments or status updates from the devs etc.
But Im just major bored playing the game. There is zero drive for me. Combat is broken really bad, crafting is very boring due to no reactions or thought in it (feels like a bot should be playing for me and I despise bots/macros). Econ is so broke its not even a joke anymore, nothing is rare, and trading is next to impossible due to no real system to even do anything with trade. There is no need due to nothing being rare. Crafted goods are worthless and not used for anything, and nothing breaks yet. Yes decay is coming, but thats not going to fix much at all for the ECON.

Thats my only problem really.

ColonelTEE3
04-29-2011, 10:46 AM
If they fixed the combat alone, even if it was meaningless, i would be playing this more often for the fps combat aspect.

Umirshand
04-29-2011, 10:46 AM
It seems, just from this thread alone, that there is general agreement as far as what is on the minds of current players. I'm not speaking for anyone but myself, nor do I let other peoples opinions (which they're entitled to) sway my decision wether to continue after my free month is over. I am in agreement however, with what is bothering said folks pertaining to lack of content. I'm faily new to Xsyon and enjoy the content currently availble. I do see myself blowing through what features are turned on right now, fairly quickly. This bothers me, as I limit myself to a single MMO/Online game at a time due to my real life obligations. It has been stated many times over that content is being worked on and features will be turned back on that were turned off at beta, and new ones implemented. To justify my paying a sub fee (again imo) core things like tree regrowth, and animal AI NEED to be working. These two features lead to current ones that are on, but cant be worked, (cant improve hunting without animals, woodcrafting with no trees) Again, I know its been stated that said features are on their way and will be tested soon, I only hope its in time!

Cracky69
04-29-2011, 11:09 AM

Dubanka's bother list:

2. Lack of Developer communciation with the player base. In Jordi's most recent post, he states that, . For this to be the case, there needs to be a much better flow of information between the devs and the players. We need to understand, succintly, what your intent is so that we can a) tell you if it's working/will work or b) if it's broken and why. Presently most forum debates between the players center around one group stating what they would like to see, and another group responding why it cant be because of something Jordi said somewhere a year or 2 back. As a community we are unable to really move forward because there is no concise, 'this is what our plan is/this is what we are looking to accomplish'...or even better, '...we do/do not plan on doing it like that, our current design has us doing it like this, what do you think?'. I think we're all happy to help you in the process, the devs just need to let us know if wwhat direction we need to start walking in, and provide an occasional course correction.

3. I do not have a reason to pay for this game. I have no issue of having made my $40 contribution to the xsyon improvement charity fund. It was a leap of faith. I feel a little guilt about bringing my friends along, but all that is in another thread somewhere. What bothers me now, is looking at June 1, and the end of the 'free' period for pre-orders, i really don't see a reason to subscribe. There have been no improvements to actual game play. The entire 'free' period has been devoted to just making the game playable...and i'm still not sure if its current level of playability is due to actual stabilization changes, or the fact that there are 95% fewer people logging in than there were 6 weeks ago. But I have not seen anything to give me hope...or at least enough to spend any more cash on this product. I have not seen any communication (ie. #2) that tells me that the devs 'get it'...it's all vague hopey changey things will be better you'll see wink wink stuff. Give me a reason to support the product.

thats my list.

What's bothering me...

Pretty much nothing. I'm still playing a game I've been playing for a year and I've only paid once.

I have nothing invested in the game and could stop playing tomorrow. I nearly did stop when the initial community moved in, but I'm playing right now as I type and my character rests. I could be doing so many things, playing so many games, but I'm playing Xsyon and enjoying it.

Clearly there are imporvements I could suggest, but I'm not bothered by the game. Not at all at the moment.

Hanover
04-29-2011, 11:18 AM
If they fixed the combat alone, even if it was meaningless, i would be playing this more often for the fps combat aspect.

Agreed...

I have been grinding out some craft skills, but to what end. We had a few guys log in a few nights ago in hopes of find some trouble, but they all logged off in disgust after sparring for a few minutes. These are guys I've been gaming with since the late 90's, this isn't our first "rodeo".

Added after 6 minutes:

What's bothering me...

Pretty much nothing. I'm still playing a game I've been playing for a year and I've only paid once.

I have nothing invested in the game and could stop playing tomorrow. I nearly did stop when the initial community moved in, but I'm playing right now as I type and my character rests. I could be doing so many things, playing so many games, but I'm playing Xsyon and enjoying it.

Clearly there are imporvements I could suggest, but I'm not bothered by the game. Not at all at the moment.

Thankfully we aren't all created equal.

Im sure there are people out there that consider Battlefield Earth the best movie ever.:rolleyes:

Some people like playing MMORPGs for the MM aspect.

ColonelTEE3
04-29-2011, 11:46 AM

Good quote.

I hope cracky is true to his word because soon his wish will be fulfilled -- this community will be gone and he'll have this sim just the way he liked it before "the initial community moved in". Have fun cracky.

Cracky69
04-29-2011, 11:50 AM
It's just a game, and I actually enjoy some solo games too. Never met a soul when I'm playing Civ 4.

If I stop having fun I can play something else. It is that simple.

As I said, I've nothing invested. Too many drama queens here who think it's their game.

xyberviri
04-29-2011, 11:54 AM

Many Men?

(MMORPG=Many Men Online Role Playing Girls)

mmogaddict
04-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Many Men?

MMORPG's Where Men are Men, Women are Men and Childern are Policemen

ColonelTEE3
04-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Many Men?

Whats not to like about many men?

Hanover
04-29-2011, 11:59 AM
Many Men?

Hey, Whatever you're in to.

orious13
04-29-2011, 12:47 PM
I thought for a long time...

Nothing bothers me, really. I look back on the games I've played and they are all pretty pointless fun no matter what's going on and no matter how polished it is. I played two or so weeks before the first launch even started, by then I felt like I'd already had my payment satisfied. The content present at the time was better than any or most of my initial gaming experiences.

I say nothing bothers me. It wouldn't even bother me if there isn't anything new when free time ends. I might not continue my subscription because of that...or maybe I will. There's just nothing available right now that I want to play and is out yet. And...I enjoy the game differently than I enjoyed the other things I've played. I can't really explain it. Maybe it's the "I'm actually a part of the world" thing for once or maybe I just don't care and am growing out of gaming lol.

Apathetic? Maybe, but I still would enjoy further improvement that everyone's wanting and really enjoy constructive discourse. I know what things can be and will be fun and would like to see them.

Cracky69
04-29-2011, 12:50 PM
I thought for a long time...

Nothing bothers me, really. I look back on the games I've played and they are all pretty pointless fun no matter what's going on and no matter how polished it is. I played two or so weeks before the first launch even started, by then I felt like I'd already had my payment satisfied. The content present at the time was better than any or most of my initial gaming experiences.

I say nothing bothers me. It wouldn't even bother me if there isn't anything new when free time ends. I might not continue my subscription because of that...or maybe I will. There's just nothing available right now that I want to play and is out yet. And...I enjoy the game differently than I enjoyed the other things I've played. I can't really explain it. Maybe it's the "I'm actually a part of the world" thing for once or maybe I just don't care and am growing out of gaming lol.

Apathetic? Maybe, but I still would enjoy further improvement that everyone's wanting and really enjoy constructive discourse. I know what things can be and will be fun and would like to see them.

Amen brother.

Jadzia
04-30-2011, 04:46 PM
1. The lack of knowledge of the current MMO market.
I've seen a lot of players who loves open world PvP. I have seen much more who hates it. But who likes such a mixed up system that Xsyon has ?
You can attack anyone but its very easy to flee from an attack, so its basically optional PvP. There is full loot but only for 30 seconds. The system clearly caters to the ones who don't like forced PvP, since its really easy to avoid it. But these players won't come to the game because they stopped reading at 'open PvP' and won't buy the game. The ones who likes forced PvP will come, but when they see the limitations they didn't expect from an open PvP game (since they stopped reading at 'open PvP' as well) they leave after 2 weeks, angry and frustrated. They get mad when their victim can escape easily and even if they managed to kill him they have only 30 seconds to loot him.
So I don't see what kind of playerbase the developers try to aim at. Make it clear and you will get more players.

2. The uncertain future of the game.
The devs said they want to evolve the game with the community. This sounds nice in theory but not se nice in real. How do you mean this ? Are you going to make a poll every time before implementing a feature ? Or are you going to listen to the opinion of the 20 active forum posters ?
The community hasn't got an opinion. Players have, and everyone has a different one lol. We can only agree in disagreeing.
You can't expect customers to put time, money and effort into a game when the future of the game is so vague. Jordi, its your game, you have to decide what you want it to be.
Announce it and the players who likes the features will come. But don't try to attract players without letting them know what they can expect in the future.

boomer0901
04-30-2011, 05:08 PM
what bothers me is another thread like this, how many different threads with different names have the same beef, we all know the game is currently boring to most ppl and it's got a lot of bugs, and we've all seen the threads of what would you like to see in game. I'm suprised this thread didn't get closed already. Harping over the same stuff with different thread names will yield the excat same results the first thread did, nothing. They are working on it, and it'll be done when it's done another "xyson is broken" thread will not speed this up.

Dubanka
04-30-2011, 05:33 PM
what bothers me is another thread like this, how many different threads with different names have the same beef, we all know the game is currently boring to most ppl and it's got a lot of bugs, and we've all seen the threads of what would you like to see in game. I'm suprised this thread didn't get closed already. Harping over the same stuff with different thread names will yield the excat same results the first thread did, nothing. They are working on it, and it'll be done when it's done another "xyson is broken" thread will not speed this up.

how clever.

uhh what's bother me is people that make posts like this...man you people are the problem...you should should just leave already.

I posted this in response to Jordi's post on 4/29 as a single place for the those of us active forum trollers to post, succintly, and hopefully constructively, their current issues.

Let us know what is bothering you in a constructive manner and we can respond better to what is critical for both the game and the community. We all want the same thing here, so I appreciate all of your feedback and assistance in letting things happen and making things happen! Let's all make Xsyon a great game and community!

So if have somethin constructive to add, please, by all means do so. Otherwise get the f^^k out of my thread.

xoxo.

MrDDT
04-30-2011, 05:43 PM
1. The lack of knowledge of the current MMO market.
I've seen a lot of players who loves open world PvP. I have seen much more who hates it. But who likes such a mixed up system that Xsyon has ?
You can attack anyone but its very easy to flee from an attack, so its basically optional PvP. There is full loot but only for 30 seconds. The system clearly caters to the ones who don't like forced PvP, since its really easy to avoid it. But these players won't come to the game because they stopped reading at 'open PvP' and won't buy the game. The ones who likes forced PvP will come, but when they see the limitations they didn't expect from an open PvP game (since they stopped reading at 'open PvP' as well) they leave after 2 weeks, angry and frustrated. They get mad when their victim can escape easily and even if they managed to kill him they have only 30 seconds to loot him.
So I don't see what kind of playerbase the developers try to aim at. Make it clear and you will get more players.

2. The uncertain future of the game.
The devs said they want to evolve the game with the community. This sounds nice in theory but not se nice in real. How do you mean this ? Are you going to make a poll every time before implementing a feature ? Or are you going to listen to the opinion of the 20 active forum posters ?
The community hasn't got an opinion. Players have, and everyone has a different one lol. We can only agree in disagreeing.
You can't expect customers to put time, money and effort into a game when the future of the game is so vague. Jordi, its your game, you have to decide what you want it to be.
Announce it and the players who likes the features will come. But don't try to attract players without letting them know what they can expect in the future.

Funny is how your second paragraph conflicts with your first.
You crying about "Open PVP" change it, yet you then saying "Announce it and the players who likes the features will come".

I agree with the second not the first.

Jordi should stay true to his ideas. Use the players to bounce, test, and help with ideas that work with what he wants.
If he wants no pvp. Then fine. But if you want something else you have to have a good system in place to support it.
Im not going to sit here and say "Everyone wants this, or that", nor will you see me saying "Everyone is going to quit if you dont do X"

But I can tell you, that doing something 1/2 way isnt a good idea. That doesnt mean making FULL LOOT no hold bars, no safe areas, no protections etc is going to work for open PVP.
You need a system in place that has checks and balances. Some games do it well others dont. Even Darkfall is starting to get the idea much better, and oddly its seeing more people playing it. (I think its more than one reason).

Its people like you tossing out "Im going to quit if I dont get my way, and so are most" is where you dont get a good debate. You cant back your points with anything other than "We will quit if we dont get our way".

Dont forget this is Jordi's baby. He knows what he wants out of the game, and I dont think its just tons of people playing a game. I think its a lot more than that. He has ideas that are not even close to coming out due to all the issues the game has been having.
Im sure he wants people to play, but I dont think he is expecting to pull millions of people. He is looking for the people that want to play a game the way he wants it made. Jordi doesnt have all the ideas or fixes for every problem. Which is why sometimes its up to players to help him on his road.
But telling him to change or you will quit, isnt helpful.

After having talked about it, I like his new system with 1 major flaw, protecting anywhere/anytime type of tribes. Ive said it before. Limit the areas with limited resources will please both PVPers, and PVEers, and protect new players.
Of course you wont make everyone happy. I doubt there is ANY choice for that. If you can think of one please tell. Ive yet to see it.

Jadzia
04-30-2011, 06:01 PM
@MrDDT: I think you didn't read my post. I didn't cry about open PvP, and didn't say to change it. I didn't say I would quit, didn't say others would.
"But I can tell you, that doing something 1/2 way isnt a good idea." This is exactly what I said as well. Lol.
The first paragraph is about that I don't know who the game is aiming at. You don't agree with what ?

Actually I remember you saying you would quit if he implements the warring-non warring tribe idea.

But this thread is not about you agreeing or disagreeing with me. Its about everyone's personal concerns about the game, and my main one is that the game isn't positioned well on the MMO market.

Dubanka
04-30-2011, 06:02 PM
But this thread is not about you agreeing or disagreeing with me. Its about everyone's personal concerns about the game, and my main one is that the game isn't positioned well on the MMO market.
i agree with you 100%.
you can't be a gazelle and a leopard at the same time.

pick one.

Azhul_NS
04-30-2011, 06:12 PM
i agree with you 100%.

pick one.

I agree, as well. The big problem is that some players will leave which ever choice he makes. I think Xsyon should focus on what makes it different from the other MMOs out there - crafting and building. If you change it to appease the PvPers (and I LIKE PvP. Don't get me wrong), you will lose what makes this game special.

I think PvP should be a low development priority until the other elements are working well.

Jadzia
04-30-2011, 06:17 PM
i agree with you 100%.

pick one.

Yup, this is what I tried to explain. Thanks, Dub, you worded it well :)

Dubanka
04-30-2011, 06:19 PM
I agree, as well. The big problem is that some players will leave which ever choice he makes. I think Xsyon should focus on what makes it different from the other MMOs out there - crafting and building. If you change it to appease the PvPers (and I LIKE PvP. Don't get me wrong), you will lose what makes this game special.

I think PvP should be a low development priority until the other elements are working well.

i see what you did there.

not the point of the thread. start your own :p

mmogaddict
04-30-2011, 07:12 PM
He does however have a point, look at how popular Minecraft is and that is a game that pretty much caters to builders.

That said I personally I think Xsyon actually has the balance pretty much ok though it does need a decent Karma/Alignment system.

One that has rewards in terms of the non-pvp aspects of the game for 'Good' Tribes but limits their pvp options (but not abilities). Likewise penalizes 'Evil' tribes non-pvp aspects but offers the greatest pvp options.

Bonus/Penalities would be along the line of - Crop Production, Higher/lower bonus to QL of goods (+10/-10 QL), Reduced/Increased building Mats for structures.

Good Tribes/Players could only do quests/missions/trade routes with Good or Neutrals, Evil with Evil and Neutrals, and Neutrals with anyone.

Improving your Karma should also be harder than Decreasign it (This is to avoid certain types of game mechanic exploits)

Both Players and Tribes would have Karma as well. Evil Players can't join Good Tribes and Vice Versa. Though a Neutral tribe could have players of all three alignments in it.

Your personal Karma is changed through your actions in game and isn't a 'setting'

joexxxz
04-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Funny is how your second paragraph conflicts with your first.
You crying about "Open PVP" change it, yet you then saying "Announce it and the players who likes the features will come".

I agree with the second not the first.

Jordi should stay true to his ideas. Use the players to bounce, test, and help with ideas that work with what he wants.
If he wants no pvp. Then fine. But if you want something else you have to have a good system in place to support it.
Im not going to sit here and say "Everyone wants this, or that", nor will you see me saying "Everyone is going to quit if you dont do X"

But I can tell you, that doing something 1/2 way isnt a good idea. That doesnt mean making FULL LOOT no hold bars, no safe areas, no protections etc is going to work for open PVP.
You need a system in place that has checks and balances. Some games do it well others dont. Even Darkfall is starting to get the idea much better, and oddly its seeing more people playing it. (I think its more than one reason).

Its people like you tossing out "Im going to quit if I dont get my way, and so are most" is where you dont get a good debate. You cant back your points with anything other than "We will quit if we dont get our way".

Dont forget this is Jordi's baby. He knows what he wants out of the game, and I dont think its just tons of people playing a game. I think its a lot more than that. He has ideas that are not even close to coming out due to all the issues the game has been having.
Im sure he wants people to play, but I dont think he is expecting to pull millions of people. He is looking for the people that want to play a game the way he wants it made. Jordi doesnt have all the ideas or fixes for every problem. Which is why sometimes its up to players to help him on his road.
But telling him to change or you will quit, isnt helpful.

After having talked about it, I like his new system with 1 major flaw, protecting anywhere/anytime type of tribes. Ive said it before. Limit the areas with limited resources will please both PVPers, and PVEers, and protect new players.
Of course you wont make everyone happy. I doubt there is ANY choice for that. If you can think of one please tell. Ive yet to see it.

Great thinking, +1 ;)

JCatano
05-01-2011, 08:54 PM
3. Can you tell us more about the player-conquered continent? What degree of customizability will there be in where or how you establish towns, castles, and homesteads?

Players can obtain land, provide it to other players for housing and collect taxes in return. The land will be a part of a certain zone that will have unique resource, enabling the ruler of that land to control those resources. Additional features like hiring NPCs as vendors will help to create a city-like atmosphere.

Guilds or groups can take someone else’s estate through castle siege. If such take-over happens, the residents, who have lived there before the war, may be able to stay there as is or need to pay higher tax rates depending on the new lord’s decisions.

While I hate zone-specific mechanics, I'd go for something like this (Archeage)... Maybe.

While Archeage is tab-targeting combat (yuck), it has a lot of sandbox features that are in Xsyon. Better get to work., Jordi. ;)

orious13
05-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Yeah, but 95% of america are biased towards all asian mmos. Xsyon's safe...lol.

Jokes aside. At least some companies with money get it. By that I mean what shit there is out there. Some of it is wrapped in gold and polished pretty nicely.

JCatano
05-01-2011, 09:04 PM
They are searching for an NA publisher. I won't play it, because I can't stand tab-target games, but some of the features sound nice. Open-PvP, territory control continent, build anywhere, farming, agriculture, hire NPCs, etc.