PDA

View Full Version : What game did you come from before Xsyon?

halldorr
05-04-2011, 07:52 PM
I've seen a lot of Mortal Online mentions and a couple Darkfalls ones. Am curious where people came form as far as MMOs before they came to Xsyon.

Partly because I'm curious, partly because I am looking for another game to pick up to play while not in Xsyon :)

orious13
05-04-2011, 08:04 PM
None...

There hasn't been an mmo in a long, long time. (Ok...I do actually think DF and MO are more of an mmo than most stuff out there).

Fine if you really want to get technical... SWG, or Lineage 2 quiting in 2007ish. Just been bouncing around F2Ps (SB included) and betas since then. I have not played anything since then that has kept me actively playing for more than the free period, but have probably done so with 20-30 mmos.

ColonelTEE3
05-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Darkfall.

I tried MO but oh my god. No. Im not going back to that ever.

Aethaeryn
05-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Most recently Darkfall, but MO as well. Really nothing too enjoyable since SWG or UO. . DAoC etc. .but that is more likely my issue.

MrDDT
05-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Roma Victor right before Xsyon however, Xsyon was just a baby. More like an idea than anything.
I would say Darkfall, then Rift, then Xsyon (actively playing).

boomer0901
05-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Warhammer when it first came out (6 months)(DDO when it first came out)(Did another stint in DDO about 8 months back and Did beta for mortal, but thank god I never paid for that piece of crap. So not really anything worth mentioning all are pretty much crap atm. I've been saying Xyson might be my last MMO but we'll see, companies suck and frankly ppl suck even worse these days. No such thing as social anymore.

darkbladed
05-04-2011, 09:11 PM
last game was fallen earth before that vanguard before that SWG

Hanover
05-04-2011, 09:26 PM
An endless cycle of turds since Shadowbane.

mrcalhou
05-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Fallout: New Vegas

ColonelTEE3
05-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Fallout: New Vegas

You got the rpg part right, not quite the mmo. Not to say that isn't an excellent game though. Played through that game twice and a half :D

Dzarren
05-04-2011, 11:56 PM
I played :
Anarchy online
World of Warcraft ( still ashamed of that)
Eve Online (Still play this after 4 years)
Several strategic MMO's
Fallen Earth ( account still active but cant be bothered)

mmogaddict
05-05-2011, 12:22 AM
You got the rpg part right, not quite the mmo.

You could pretty much say the same thing about Xsyon at the moment.

Does anyone actually log into the game anymore?

As to my past.

A Tale in the Desert
Age of Conan (Still subbed but running out in September)
Aion
Anarchy Online (Omni-Tek 4ever)
Asherons Call (So good)
Asherons Call 2 (So bad)
Auto Assault
City of ....
Dark Age of Camelot
DC Universe Online (Barelly playing this now, but have Lifetime account - might get stuck back into when servers merge)
Dungeons and Dragons Online (Still playing this from time to time as F2P with almost all adventure packs brough)
Earth and Beyond
EvE (Still playing - 127 million sp toon - send me iskies I want to buy some Titan skillbooks - 'Resolute Stormbringer')
Everquest
Everquest 2 (Playing the F2P EQ2X version at the moment - well would be if SOE was online)
Free Realms (Hey I was bored one month and I read a recommendation on GUComics)
Guild Wars
Lord of the Rings Online (Lifetime Account - was playing this a bit last weekend)
Perpetuum (Basically EvE with Robot, still playing this but finding it rather boring)
Planetside (Can't wait for Planetside Next)
Pirates of the Burning Sea
Runes of Magic (Evil P2P game, seriously spent more in this in 6 months than most of my normal sub games over alot longer periods)
Star Trek Online
Star Wars Galaxies
Tabula Rasa
Warhammer (Endgame blew so badly)
World of Tanks (not sure if this counts - currently playing this almost up to getting myself into a KV)
World of Warcraft (Quitting yet again - You think you're out... but they pull you back in)
World War II Online [Battlefield Europe] - (Phear my 88 of doom)

I've missed a few, I'll add them when I remember them.

Dubanka
05-05-2011, 08:46 AM
shadowbane from start to finish...since the finish, bits of everything...currently trying out the hazeron alpha..crap graphics but gameplay is interesting.

2tone
05-05-2011, 08:59 AM
I've missed a few, I'll add them when I remember them.

Wow, your name is very fitting. :)

jeru
05-05-2011, 09:21 AM
EQ1 , EQ2, Lineage 2, EVE, WoW, Aion, Vindictus, Perpetuum, FFXIV online, and now Xsyon.

jemmus
05-05-2011, 11:30 AM
World War II Online: Battlefield Europe
Eve
original Jumpgate

temur
05-05-2011, 11:37 AM
havent touched an MMOG for a year , then i stumbled on Xsyon by accident. Broke my oath , and started playing again.
Before that:
UltimaOnline
EQ
EVE
GUILD WARS
FALLEN EARTH
thats pretty much it

Koll
05-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Realm (anyone remember that one ? :P)
DAOC
Guild Wars
Asheron's Call
Dungeon and Dragon Online
Mortal Online

fatboy21007
05-05-2011, 02:14 PM
eve-aika-allods-black prophecys-fallen earth-Xsyon was the recent games :-)

halldorr
05-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Still stuck playing WoW as my second game...although I did just stumble across Dawntide yesterday which has an impressive goal.

HyBrasil
05-05-2011, 02:24 PM
I still play Dark Age of Camelot on the Uthgard Freeshard via DAOC Portal.

cbowsin
05-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Farmville .

orious13
05-05-2011, 05:52 PM
http://sol-skoll.mybrute.com/cellule

let's goo doods gooo!

SnowMiser
05-05-2011, 08:23 PM
An endless cycle of turds since Shadowbane.

Greatest game since UO......
If Xyson used the SB stlye of gameplay...they would have to add servers to accomidate the people who would play it.

Rothkur
05-06-2011, 09:15 PM
In Order:
(90,000 generic MMOs)
Wurm
Haven and Hearth
Minecraft
Dawntide (Still play)
WoW Private Servers (Still play and program for, every MMO is a sandbox when you can develop for it :D)

Shikoba
05-08-2011, 01:59 AM
The Realm Online
Everquest
Asheron's Call
Asheron's Call 2 (Sad panda...)
Final Fantasy XI
Everquest 2
City of Heroes
EvE
Star Wars Galaxy
Guild Wars
Star Trek Online
Final Fantasy XIV
Wurm Online

Many many others that I can't quite remember. Back to playing FFXI a bit, I'm planning to come check back with Xsyon in 6 months or so and see how things are going.

Aethaeryn
05-08-2011, 03:03 AM
Hey yeah forgot The Realm. . Meridian also. . which is free now (no shop or anything). If you missed this one you should at least play it once. . quick guide is available-read that first.

What made those early games special was the interaction with people, not any specific interaction with the environment. That and they were shiny new.

Juniper
05-08-2011, 04:01 AM
Won't mention all, the last three ones were Warhammer Online, Darkfall and Eve. Still keeping an eye on Darkfall, if it gets any better.

afterclap
05-08-2011, 12:03 PM
here it goes (as far as i recall):

Neocron
Project Entropia
Guild Wars
Tabula Rasa
LOTRO
LS:RP (GTA San Andreas:MP mod, guess it counts)
Darkfall
Mortal Online
Xsyon

dezgard
05-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Huge list so not going to post it but I'm just going to say Neocron (claps hands & walks into the mist)

Zarin
05-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Mortal Online
Darkfall
World of Warcraft
Age of Conan
Wurm Online
Sims Online

MrDDT
05-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Sims Online

I dont know which is worse, that you played it or that you admit that you played it.

Zarin
05-08-2011, 05:00 PM
I dont know which is worse, that you played it or that you admit that you played it.

Haha it was my first MMO. Actually a descent game, very different than the offline ones.

Niburu
05-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Darkfall Online, waiting for the Expansion were they hopefully limit the amount of skills you can use at once and create roles you can play

Rudder
05-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Eve Online
Aion Beta to third month
Aerrevan
Rift beta 3(I saw how that CF was gonna go)
EQ2 6 months after launch have been back several times
SWG 3rd moth after launch to just as CU launched. Went back after NGE several times.
WoW(left after WoLK)
Alganon
Left Fallen earth to come here, and here I stay
I did find good old games and are currently playing them.

AngelusDD
05-09-2011, 11:54 PM
Ultima Online (freeshard)
Roma Victor
WW2 Online
SWG
Xsyon
and now back to UO (freeshard)

Bizley
06-30-2011, 12:47 AM
Darkfall, pretty much the only mmorpg I've ever put much effort into, before Xsyon.

b_ulam
06-30-2011, 09:15 AM
this is my first mmo.

I was playing SC2 regularly before it, but my APM sucks so i never left gold league. I play Protoss.