PDA

View Full Version : Any real changes with new AI and animal behaviour?

treyu
05-07-2011, 03:01 PM
I have not been able to play much, so anyone have seen any difference in animal numbers, how they act etc? Or you still just find 1-2 animals each 2 days of playing?

KeithStone
05-07-2011, 03:17 PM
animals are all over know - we even stocked some for a while and watched them mate and pop out babies - pretty cool stuff!

undeadfishboy
05-07-2011, 03:24 PM
i see more then 20 animals in 977 to 1019 big and small

Ferigad
05-07-2011, 05:33 PM
740 mostly the same. Many smaller animals, racoons, chickens, rats all around. specially racoons and coyotis show group behavior. Chickens and Rats run around lonelty, maximum 2 at a time from what i found now. Up to the mountains i found good old Dears in different sizes and squirrels. Oh and a lonely Hamster. The Racoons has created a family at a junkyard, always 3-4 racoons different sizes runs around there.

I would guess around 30-40 animals in this zone. I really dont try to kill them all, so they can breed ^^

A other guy told he had found a Rabbit, but thats unconfirmed.

I found only 1 animal that is stucked and this is because it ran into a very thig group of rocks. Seems like it stucks between 2 rocks.

xyberviri
05-07-2011, 07:06 PM
hopefully with enough animals everyone gets that "i have to kill everything that walks" bug out of there system, then when players comback/signup the animal population can survive the same bug with them.

Book
05-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Anyone notice if they stop chasing at some point now? Just curious.

Would check it out myself but doing a brief tour of duty in BC2...

fotuenti
05-07-2011, 10:34 PM
yes, the animals are a welcome addition. as for AI i'm pretty sure it has been improved. on that note, there was a rat in camp and i got into a tangle with it, nearly killed me :) lol

Ferigad
05-08-2011, 03:22 AM
Book

Anyone notice if they stop chasing at some point now? Just curious.

Well it seems so yes, Rats and Chickens got around 5 meter radius where they follow you, racoons has also a very short aggro-range and follow range in battle. Not a long chasing. Didnt checked coyotis or Dears , but i would guess they will not chase you for the rest of your live now =)

Larsa
05-08-2011, 05:42 AM
Rabbits attack from a few meters and loose aggro after a few meters distance too.

NorCalGooey
05-09-2011, 12:48 AM
Funny, rabbits always run from me, from like 100 meters away too. :) (real life)

Plague
05-09-2011, 01:14 AM
Marmots, bears and deer in the hill regions. Chicken, racoon, coyotes in the flat regions and around junkpiles.

And they breed fast if you leave them alone.

Dzarren
05-09-2011, 02:34 AM
I lib in 697 very few animals here, only 3 bears wich respawn after a few hours.
When walking around for an hour around it, i found 2 more bears and a hamster an an cat( American shorthair ).
So in my area its quiet, also with players so i dont know if there is an relation to that.
I walked to the green mist, an very desolate area and there wher eno animals there.