PDA

View Full Version : Traded armors are bugged

Plague
05-13-2011, 09:04 AM
I don't know where to put this so it's here. I still haven't fully tested it but it seems that traded armors are bugged. I gave my high quality south camp armor set to my friend. Then we went for some sparing pvp. I kept dealing damage to him as if he had no armor. Same after he reloged. I tried many different weapons and hitting him without armor as well and it was all the same, as if he had none taking full damage. I took the same armor back and it protected me well (12 hits by pre-order axe). He took it again and died after only 5 hits.

Did anyone see this before? I'm about to report it but need some more evidence.

MrDDT
05-13-2011, 10:16 AM
How many hits did it take when he was naked?

xyberviri
05-13-2011, 10:19 AM
armor is relative to the wearer.

So it might take you 4 hits to kill me naked and 8 fully armored
vs
5 hits to kill you naked and 10 fully armored.

only want to fully test is with a new chracter and exact same stats/combat skills. You could have your weapon skill at 100 versus some one at 25, they might have more HP than you.

ColonelTEE3
05-13-2011, 10:24 AM
armor is relative to the wearer.

So it might take you 4 hits to kill me naked and 8 fully armored
vs
5 hits to kill you naked and 10 fully armored.

only want to fully test is with a new chracter and exact same stats/combat skills. You could have your weapon skill at 100 versus some one at 25, they might have more HP than you.

Very true. These statistics are incredibly relevant -- Plague, what are your weapon skill and armed combat? And also, what is his? What are your str, fortitude etc, as well as his? If hes hitting you with 5 weapon/armed skill and you have 90 weapon/armed, this is probably not a bug.

MrDDT
05-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Very true. These statistics are incredibly relevant -- Plague, what are your weapon skill and armed combat? And also, what is his? What are your str, fortitude etc, as well as his? If hes hitting you with 5 weapon/armed skill and you have 90 weapon/armed, this is probably not a bug.

Who cares what the other guy is hitting him for.

It matters what was Plague hitting (the so called bugged guy) for with and without armor.
If its = then there is a problem.

Plague
05-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Same. 5 hits with and 5 hits without armor with pre-order blade.

We are both of same skill, 25 axe and blade.

We are still testing with different weapons.

Off topic: Rock blundgener is crap compared to any axe. Even very high quality.

ColonelTEE3
05-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Then that is certainly a bug.

I don't know why i wanted to know the other guy's stats, i just got in this mindset of comparing two players damage and i stopped thinking about the issue at the heart of it.

xyberviri
05-13-2011, 10:38 AM
negative, Characters gain HP when leveling, confirmed by the devs...

Plague
05-13-2011, 10:43 AM
We swapped armors. I took high quality South Camp and he took very high quality Castle Rock. Same result, it took me same amount of hits to kill him with pre order or any weapon as before. What was strange is that it took him long to kill me with pre-order weapon wearing South Camp armor so armor itself us not bugged. It's either player that is bugged or wearing any armor you yourself didn't make.

Can some guys in tribes test this please? Have one dude make the armor and trade it to someone else and then test damage (with and without armor).

And just to clarify we did multiple relogs of both chars.

Edit: Are there any hidden levels we are not aware of? I'm much better crafter and much higher level in everything (except combat we are same there) and he just started. But that would make no sense, armor should protect him at least a little bit.

xyberviri
05-13-2011, 10:46 AM
yes, Apache has already tested this multiple times with Leather/Cloth/Bone armor, with multiple weapons of varying qualities. you levels and armor are dependant on your skills.
Player A has the Same Stat as player B EXCEPT player A is also a Master Bone crafter, player A takes less damage with same armor.

care to just join me on IRC?

Are there any hidden levels we are not aware of? I'm much better crafter and much higher level in everything (except combat we are same there) and he just started. But that would make no sense, armor should protect him at least a little bit.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding

Book
05-13-2011, 11:41 AM
yes, Apache has already tested this multiple times with Leather/Cloth/Bone armor, with multiple weapons of varying qualities. you levels and armor are dependant on your skills.
Player A has the Same Stat as player B EXCEPT player A is also a Master Bone crafter, player A takes less damage with same armor.

Isn't strength related to bone crafting?

What I'm thinking is... would kind of make sense that a heavier armor set would be more effective for someone with higher strength.

For example, if I'm more focused on dodging and on the weaker side, maybe cloth armor should be more effective for me than bone armor.

Wouldn't it hurt trade if someone had to be a high level crafter of a particular armor for it to be more effective? What about a mason/logger with high strength but little armor crafting experience... would bone armor be effective for them too?

Plague
05-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Update after detailed tests:

At first armor offered no protection to my friend. 5 hits to die with or without. Then he raised his dodge from 5 to 10 and suddenly he got 8 hits. Then he put 2 more and he went to 9. But this is where it ended, he skilled a bit more and raised his dodge to 17 and no effect was noticed, still at 9 hits. I raised my dodge from 10 to 20 with no effect, it still takes me 12 hits to die (pre-order axe).

Cofusing, but I'm not sure what kind of code if behind it. One is certain, armors offer extra protection but different protection level to different players. Maybe overall player level makes sense or maybe it is dex or agility related. I don't have time to test any more today so I hope some of you will give it a try.

NorCalGooey
05-13-2011, 12:08 PM

You mean everytime the skill bar goes up we gain HP????

DEVS YOU NEED TO TELL US THIS. That one is damn near impossible to figure out in game alone. Unless it took 6 hits before you leveled up and 7 hits after...to kill you. That's the only way to test it

MrDDT
05-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Sounds to me like adding points into a skill (in this case dodge) updated the toon so that it saw the armor correctly.
Then its likely on the border of 8 to 9 hits. So you put 2 more points into dodge and saw a 9 hit instead of 8. Not doing tests fully, you wont know.

Im 100% sure armor is effected by more than just the armor. You have many parts into the whole there.

If it were leveling up only. Then when he went to level up and put 17 into dodge it would have yielded more reward from the armor.

Sounds to me like there was some type of bug where it didnt update the armor, armor was updated at some point, and then is working.

ColonelTEE3
05-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Health from leveling... seems like a big enough thing that they would have.. you know, mentioned.. at some point. I'm skeptical.

MrDDT
05-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Health from leveling... seems like a big enough thing that they would have.. you know, mentioned.. at some point. I'm skeptical.

I thought I saw it somewhere, but Im not sure if it was a dev talking about it or not.

Ive not tested it fully, I know other factors are in the game that relate to skills/stats but Im not sure about the exp = levels = HP.
I think people might be seeing a secondary effect of skills, and thinking it = HP.

Plague
05-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Well this is exactly what I also thought, secret HP increase when you level. I am very far out regarding levels compared to my friend. Why don't we poke some devs to tell us? It's not game breaking to know that.

xyberviri
05-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Well this is exactly what I also thought, secret HP increase when you level. I am very far out regarding levels compared to my friend. Why don't we poke some devs to tell us? It's not game breaking to know that.

Yes like i said a couple of posts back. also its not really secret its more like you just can't tell because theres no numbers on the hp bars.

NorCalGooey
05-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Yes like i said a couple of posts back. also its not really secret its more like you just can't tell because theres no numbers on the hp bars.

Yeah I'd like to see numbers added...at least between ourselves, tribe members and friends. Others exact HP won't be able to be seen.

Deacon
05-13-2011, 11:17 PM

where was this confirmed, and by whom ?

thurgond
05-14-2011, 07:19 AM
The old manual said something about small health gains when you level. This isn't in the current version of the manual.

Ravelli

Throne
05-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Not knowing isn't ideal for the typical gamer, but adds to the fear of the unknown, making it more fun.

Plague
05-17-2011, 12:30 AM
I did some more testing with damage and armors and HP gain can explain everything I have seen so far. Even my opinion that armors are bugged. The more you level the higher your HP is and so is the protection you get from armors higher. A complete newbie can get one extra hit by wearing an armor for example and he would die in 5 hits from pre-order weapon instead of 4. Someone who leveled a lot dies in 8 hits to pre-order weapon but when wearing an armor he dies in 12-13 instead. I don't know what kind of math is behind it exactly, this game is not very test friendly with no damage notifications, but I know that grandmaster crafters will gain a lot of HP from their grinds.

MrDDT
05-17-2011, 06:51 AM
I did some more testing with damage and armors and HP gain can explain everything I have seen so far. Even my opinion that armors are bugged. The more you level the higher your HP is and so is the protection you get from armors higher. A complete newbie can get one extra hit by wearing an armor for example and he would die in 5 hits from pre-order weapon instead of 4. Someone who leveled a lot dies in 8 hits to pre-order weapon but when wearing an armor he dies in 12-13 instead. I don't know what kind of math is behind it exactly, this game is not very test friendly with no damage notifications, but I know that grandmaster crafters will gain a lot of HP from their grinds.

I would like to see how you are testing this, because it sounds like you are going about it in a random way.
Try testing changing only 1 factor, at a time.

Armor works better for people that have certain skills, and stats. Just as do weapons.