PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Xsyon PVP Tournament from 5/29

ColonelTEE3
05-30-2011, 12:22 PM
I was in the ffa tourney we had yesterday and decided to make a little video of it. Had fun fighting, had fun making the film. Hope you enjoy

watch in hd!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaBaiCrL3-4

Thraz
05-30-2011, 01:29 PM
mine if I add this in the event thread?
oh and on the next event it will be harder for you to sneak around ;D

Dubanka
05-30-2011, 02:28 PM
nice vid.

it does a great job of hilighting the flaws in the current system.

Aiden
05-30-2011, 03:48 PM
nice vid.

it does a great job of hilighting the flaws in the current system.

True enough...I think the new combat system may be absolutely great (it may also not be)...BUT...if the current desync issues aren't fixed before it's released (or even put to testing), it won't matter much.

NorCalGooey
05-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Very true Aiden. I wonder if they need to upgrade any hardware or the server to improve the desync issues

MrDDT
05-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Great job.

BTW 2 things.

1) I didnt even know you were hiding. You can see when I popped up how laggy the game was. I then got stuck in the rock/you.
2) Clearly shows the desync. I notice you cut out the lag spike for 2mins in there. (right when you killed me).

ColonelTEE3
05-30-2011, 10:17 PM
Great job.

BTW 2 things.

1) I didnt even know you were hiding. You can see when I popped up how laggy the game was. I then got stuck in the rock/you.
2) Clearly shows the desync. I notice you cut out the lag spike for 2mins in there. (right when you killed me).

Yeah. No hard feelings ddt. Desync and lag make current combat mostly a who's who of luck, affected only slightly to moderately by armor, health and weapon quality.

and sure, go ahead thraz

jeru
05-30-2011, 11:18 PM
I like the tunes playing for your video there. Great editing fast forwarding the boring drawn out parts; Unfortunate that the last fight was pitch dark and hard to see our duel :P well done sir.

ColonelTEE3
05-30-2011, 11:20 PM
I like the tunes playing for your video there. Great editing fast forwarding the boring drawn out parts; Unfortunate that the last fight was pitch dark and hard to see our duel :P well done sir.

Thank you. I suggested they add some campfires for better lighting for next time. Would be neat to be fighting amidst the backdrop of a bunch of fires, and you would actually be able to see the fight.

Zarin
05-30-2011, 11:58 PM
Cool video! Good showing the combat problems like the others have said.

And thanks for putting in that song! For a second I was wondering if my iTunes was playing, cause it's rare to hear someone use Radiohead (especially that album).

Deacon
05-31-2011, 06:18 AM
shows the world will prob be populated by midgets.....guess this game is like all the rest.....small avatar means small hitbox...with all the benefits, and no penalties

goodayve
05-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Liked watching the video, hard to tell when someone is actually getting a hit. Maybe there needs to be alittle blood or a noise when you hit someone. I am not sure if anyone tried to use parry or dodge during these fights, did it seem to help at all?

shows the world will prob be populated by midgets.....guess this game is like all the rest.....small avatar means small hitbox...with all the benefits, and no penalties

I think it is a bit early to make a statement like this. I would bet that how it is now everyone has the same hitbox(I have done no testing so might lose this bet i guess).

Its wierd seeing such a small person next to a big one. Think I am in the middle somewhere hehe.

I like the character customization though. It is kind of like no other game I have seen. How you can make your character fat or skinny.

They are still working on the combat so still time to make some suggestions that might get into the game:)

ColonelTEE3
05-31-2011, 10:54 AM

Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention, Deacon.

I'm the only one with answers to things like this and I don't get a chance to read all the threads, especially during busy times (all time these days ;) )

Right now there are no differences based on player height. We will work on some adjustments soon so that height affects attack range, carrying capacity and a few other things.

I will read through this thread and take some notes as I'm sure there have been some interesting suggestions.

Edited: After a quick read, looks like the suggestions are things I already planned: attack range, jump height, carrying capacity and movment adjustments.

Thanks!

tencharacters