4) resource cart
5) storage buildings

subspace
06-02-2011, 07:59 AM
1) Scrollable recipe selection windows
2) Logging skill increase based not only on chopping trees, but cutting logs
3) Increase loot table of fishing to include some scavenged items
4) Allow development of skills like Hiding to add to exp
5) On login, move the 'Enter Xsyon' button away from the 'Delete Char' button. I have almost deleted my char because of this.

Aiden
06-02-2011, 07:59 AM
All borrowed from Creator's post...scratch mine for now..this stuff is #1 most important...

1) website needs to be more stable
2) desync, desync, desync
3) UI refinement. ( scrollbars, warnings/checks for destroy buildings, etc.)
4) Load times still slow for game for some people.
5) I think everyone should be able to eventually make baskets/containers/storage bug or not.

undeadfishboy
06-02-2011, 08:06 AM
1)better hunting skill
2)resource cart
3)combat gitters
4)more item in game
5)more building to build in game

MrDDT
06-02-2011, 10:52 AM
1)Global chat (temp until more people play)
2)Way more animals but limit the resources they give. (Right now all animals give about the same useful resources)
3)Much harder rare animals that takes teams of people to kill and a sliding scale up to that.
4)Carts to haul goods using roads or paths (they can go off roads but are like 2/3rds slower off a road)
5)Hot swapping tools and hot bar+more hotbar options.

(Deleted) lets stay on topic shall we :P

Drevar
06-02-2011, 03:19 PM
1) Unified UI scheme with tabs for chat or other info screens, working scrollbars, and organizational tools like filters and sorting, including jump to top or bottom for crafting lists.
2) Upgrade stack splitting to include options for selecting 1, All, Half, +/- 1, and +/- 10.
3) Being able to have multiple storage containers (not in inventory) open at once.
4) Way to many things interrupt or reset other actions or states: No closing containers, interrupting drinking, etc. simply by browsing a different item in the craft menu. No closing containers when crafting. No resetting the crafting list when you learn a new item...and on and on.
5) Remember last selected item in each craft list.

99% of this is client side and the server couldn't care less how the data is organized on our side.

NorCalGooey
06-02-2011, 04:03 PM
1) abiilty to name baskets ("Cloth scraps" -- Hugaleti Basket) AND ability to name buildings ("The Armory" -- Chieften tent.....or "Appollo's House" -- Lumberjack Tent)

2) Splitting stacked items, allow us to type in the numerical value of the amount of items we want to split up. It's far too tedious now. Also, allow for right clicking (or something) items in an OPEN BASKET to automatically move them to your primary bag (not pouches) by DEFAULT. This would save people SOOO MUCH TIME and FRUSTRATION

3) ability to place sign and sign posts on walls and into the ground (with arrows and ability to name the sign...so when you target the sign or mouse over it might say "This way to Audacian Republic" with an arrow pointing the direction in which to go)

4) ability to place torches on walls (like mine craft) as well as longer torches into the ground.

5) carts pulled by animals (would probably come with animal taming, so maybe it's not such a small fix)

the first 2 are very, very important time savers that MUST be implemented to calm frustrations in game. even #3 is pretty important...new people sometimes get lost in our city even though its not that complex or big yet

Jadzia
06-02-2011, 04:16 PM
1. Craft all option, with the selected tools and materials
2. Delete all option when destroying an item
3. In-game currency
4. A way to whisper people without typing their name...like clicking on a name in the chat window and that start a pm, or clicking a name in friend list
5. more animals

NorCalGooey
06-02-2011, 04:23 PM
1. Craft all option, with the selected tools and materials
2. Delete all option when destroying an item
3. In-game currency
4. A way to whisper people without typing their name...like clicking on a name in the chat window and that start a pm, or clicking a name in friend list
5. more animals

Craft all option doesn't really promote active play. Just saying. If it's like the WoW "Craft 500 bandages go AFK for 20 minutes" then it will be worse than the current system. just my opinion

and an in game currency won't work if it is just GIVEN to the players. the current system is like mining for metals...you have to actually do work (scavenge) to create your wealth (and currency comes from scav too ofc).

as it is currently, 1 penny = 1 quarter = 1 dollar.

Maybe you could elaborate on your currency idea Jadzia? I don't see any proper way to make it work without the Xsyon devs acting like a central bank, inflating only when the population inflates. How will they add more currency? Will all characters log on and all of a sudden have instant currency in their bags?

I like the "you have to find your currency" system we currently have...but yeah maybe you could give some more details on a currency idea. I can't think of anything.

also, sorry if this thread is for suggestions only and not discussion suggestions.

MrDDT
06-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Craft all option doesn't really promote active play. Just saying. If it's like the WoW "Craft 500 bandages go AFK for 20 minutes" then it will be worse than the current system. just my opinion

and an in game currency won't work if it is just GIVEN to the players. the current system is like mining for metals...you have to actually do work (scavenge) to create your wealth (and currency comes from scav too ofc).

Maybe you could elaborate on your currency idea Jadzia? I don't see any proper way to make it work without the Xsyon devs acting like a central bank, inflating only when the population inflates. How will they add more currency? Will all characters log on and all of a sudden have instant currency in their bags?

I like the "you have to find your currency" system we currently have...but yeah maybe you could give some more details on a currency idea. I can't think of anything.

also, sorry if this thread is for suggestions only and not discussion suggestions.

I dont think its here to talk about this stuff, if you dont like that idea, you can post a new thread and talk about how you would like it, or why you dont like her system. This is just to get some feedback what people want.

I think its mostly to get an idea what people think are easy, and important.

Creator
06-02-2011, 04:48 PM
5) I think everyone should be able to eventually make baskets/containers/storage bug or not.

Aiden
06-02-2011, 05:19 PM

lol..ignore the hell out of my post...THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS! lol

Good post Creator :)

Vandal
06-02-2011, 05:21 PM
The question is about "small fixes" and I see a lot of things that I wouldn't personally call a small fix. But anyway...

1. Desync should be the first thing to come.
2. We should be able to open bags and craft windows while sitting/sleeping, it's just plain annoying. Oh and while running/swimming too.
3. Make the craft windows, specially the tool/weaponcrafting, sortable by name or by type. It's really annoying that you have to go through the list everytime you want to make a specif tool/weapon.
4. Make it possible to name baskets. So that we can sort our things and not have to look for an hour for a specif item. That is specially true in bigger tribes.
5. The item description we have right now, is not what I call an item description. First of all, I don't really care about who made what. Sure, knowing the durability is nice, but wouldn't it be simpler to put numbers? Poor= 10/10, Low= 20/20, Medium= 40/40, High= 60/60, V-High= 80/80, Supreme= 100/100. So that way once it's getting lower, you would know where you are at.

Oh, the item is "not" worn, "a little bit" worn, "a very little bit" worn, "quite" worn, etc... etc... That useless information.

Same goes for quality, I don't really want to know if it's poor or very high, I want to know stats! Tell me, the weapon as 2 ATK or 4 or 10 or 20 or 100. As far as I know now, all the weapon are the same, none are stronger than the other, just the crafter/material used make a difference.

And let me add another point.

6. Make it so that harder recipe give more experience in the skill and that easier ones give less. That would prevent the dumb spamming of the simplest, useless item over and over and therefore, make people more excited about making stuff. I grinded 100 toolcrafting by doing what? Making forager punch over and over until eyes became red and my wrist hurt from clicking.

Jadzia
06-02-2011, 05:25 PM

I think the thread is not for discussion :)
So I don't comment on your pots, just want to give a link which gives an idea for currency:http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/2524-Global-Currency-or-Item-for-Item-Barter/page3/#28

Cctcowboy
06-02-2011, 09:51 PM
#1 Carts/beast of burden- trade increases extremely, pvp increases due to more traders + carrying more, diplomacy increases due to increased trade and pvp

#2 Desync- eliminated to help pvp

#3 Crafting- recipe scroll speed & recipe sorting, add stacks of items instead of dragging/dropping each time, as well as tools to make them, or tools at least.

#4 Functional gates so bases can be completed and ready for wars caused by increased trading and pvp. As well as alliance forming. (Keys to gate would be cool so certain people had access to certain areas of base!?)

#5 PvE- Rare resource areas, zombies etc.... Gotta get some purpose! (Sorry if this isn't small?)

Great topic DEVdezgard! I think I speak for everyone when I say...
Thank you for listening!

unclean666
06-03-2011, 02:20 AM
Skill gain from hunting. why is this even turned off?

scroll bars or faster scrolling on recipes

more rare finds from scavenging

new road colors tired of dirt or that ugly brown road

Random but very rare better stats from crafted items

soulless
06-03-2011, 10:07 AM
my list:
1) logging gains without deforesting the map (gains from felling tree, choping large... allow large to be choped small, small to fire wood ect...)
2) combat (being worked on)...
3) more PVE optioins that require cooprative actions (trees can be felled by more than one player... making it faster or better quality.. ect) give us a point to do things with other players... encorage co-op with co-op game mechanics.
4) UI mods... most have been mentioned
5) more skill accomplishment with level... a GM anything should vastly out perform a low skill anything... especialy if were getting skill caps that prevent capping many skills (please no skill degridation if a skill is GMed... as it is soo hard to cap some skills).

b_ulam
06-06-2011, 04:08 PM
-the craft menu should (in order of the ease with which i perceive these could be implemented):

-scroll with acceleration
- if the craft has sets, have a tab for each set learned so far as well as one for all. Each tab would then have a maximum of 20 items (one for each clothing slot).
- all craft lists should have options sort or filter by item function.
-There should be ~10 slots in the craft menu to preselect tools/mats. It would only allow one tool of each type and tools would be replaced if a new tool of the same type is selected. Place the tools/mats in this menu using a right click, filling the bag from the top left to bottom right. Tools and unused mats would remain in these slots between items unless removed from the your bag or broken.

darkviper1
06-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Small changes/fixes:

1) Make the right click destroy have a progress bar, at least, so we can cancel out of it. Or make it just harder to do with a confirmation.
2) Berries should give water. Would help some with the need for canteens as well as be more realistic.
3) Put in Patchwork tarps.
4) Make the Mupilp Teepee a storage shed, container, with like 500 slots. This would help with tribe basket craziness and i believe they can not be entered at the moment anyway.
5) Allow new content, recipes, or skills trickle in rather than have a huge Hunting package that includes everything for the skill at once. Small bits of "new" will go along way.

VeryWiiTee
06-10-2011, 11:47 AM

Website won't make more people play it.
Desync I gotta agree on.
Isn't the 'Destroy Building' enough of a warning ^^? Oh small fixes.. Nevermind my bullshit.

3) more PVE optioins that require cooprative actions (trees can be felled by more than one player... making it faster or better quality.. ect) give us a point to do things with other players... encorage co-op with co-op game mechanics.

Like Vanguard where people are able to gather together increasing output and chances of rares from the crafting materials. Good idea.

1) Stronger animals
2) Upgraded roads - faster run speed, needs to be placed on top of old player made roads (requiring bricks to make?)
3) Rare resources that are scarcely scattered.
4) Darkviper1 number 5. (though it may be tricky due to the facts some revisions depends on each other to work.)
5) Different coloured materials should show up on buildings, armor and weapons instead of the same.

Dubanka
06-10-2011, 03:15 PM
1. Autopopulate crafting supplies into recipe window (instead of the carpal tunnel inducing 'drag' mechanic, have a 'load items' button)
2. Allow tribe leadership should be able to set preferences to bags on tribe land - currently only the crafter...err 'owner'...can set the preference
3. Drinking mechanic should 'drink to full' unless the player interrupts the animation, as opposed to the current, press drink, press drink, press drink, press drink, press drink annoyance.
4. Add 'say' chat command for players withing 20 feet.
5. Reduce quality of PO weapons by a level or two.

Hanover
06-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Like the title says :P

I'll start

1) combat gitters
2) Blood
3) animal combat prowess
4) resource cart
5) storage buildings

Hasn't this been done already? Perhaps you should have been taken notes rather than making lame replies? ;)

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/6558-What-is-your-top-5-priority-list

Lame reply..... (http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthread.php/6558-What-is-your-top-5-priority-list?p=77756&viewfull=1#post77756)