PDA

View Full Version : Question, Is this game supposed to be FFA ?

wolfgar
06-06-2011, 03:47 AM
just like the title says, Is this game supposed to be free for all?

I will also add another question, This game is supposed to be a sandbox game right? Where everyone is supposed to be able to do everything anyone else is able to ?

Osirrus
06-06-2011, 04:36 AM
Yes.(bags set to private can't be opened/looted)

Yes. (As long as you start with basketry)

unclean666
06-06-2011, 04:44 AM
^^^lol.......

Vandal
06-06-2011, 04:55 AM
At the moment, bags can be locked by setting permission to either Tribe or Private.
Let's just hope that eventually, this is modified once the game gets better.

I don't think that a sandbox is a game that allows you to do "everything" anyone else can. In the real world. I can't do everything anyone can, and I'm sure you can't either.
People have specialities and preference and you have to play within what you can do. But you know, with enough time invested, you can pretty much do everything in this game.

Jadzia
06-06-2011, 05:50 AM
just like the title says, Is this game supposed to be free for all?

I will also add another question, This game is supposed to be a sandbox game right? Where everyone is supposed to be able to do everything anyone else is able to ?

1. Yes. You can attack anyone outside of their tribe zone.

2. Everyone has a different definition for a sandbox game.

VeryWiiTee
06-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Well a sandbox would be a game where you help shaped and create the world (hench the name sandbox - a place where you shape and create)

xyberviri
06-06-2011, 09:45 AM
People have specialities and preference and you have to play within what you can do. But you know, with enough time invested, you can pretty much do everything in this game.

*DISCLAIMER* AT this time this is possible but later on a skill cap should be introduced that limited how much of everytime you can do at any one point in time, but at this time this is true.

Mactavendish
06-06-2011, 09:51 AM
I will add that even though pouches and baskets can be set to private, it appears they can be looted from off your person.

I was ganked by ddt one day, no surprise there. He was able to loot literally everything I had except the pre-order weapon.

So permissions on your bags that you have on you do not prevent looting.

MrDDT
06-06-2011, 10:11 AM
I will add that even though pouches and baskets can be set to private, it appears they can be looted from off your person.

I was ganked by ddt one day, no surprise there. He was able to loot literally everything I had except the pre-order weapon.

So permissions on your bags that you have on you do not prevent looting.

You cant loot the bags themselves.

Yes the game is meant to be FFA.
Yes its a sandbox game.
Yes you can do everything someone else can do. Right now there isnt even a skill cap (soft or hard) at least not that I can see.

Vandal
06-07-2011, 03:47 AM
When you die, people can loot any of your equipment, always.
But if your bags are set to private or tribe, then they can't open them.

wolfgar
06-07-2011, 12:36 PM
1. (everyone can do the same things) only if you pick basketry as your main crafting skill. IE not everyone can craft baskets...... So the answer is currently NO..
My opinion is everyone should be able to work on what skills as they wish,(recepies should not be limited at all based on what you pick at character creation) The only limiting factor a game like this should ever have is how much effort and time you put into the game itself.. (Just like real life)
2. Capping skills would be a very bad idea. It would defeat the entire purpose of this game.

Solution to #1.. (may already be in the works???) Recipies in the woodcutting tree for chests, cloth recipies for bags etc etc.. as it is storage of any kind is greatly limited.. A bad thing considering the massive amounts of items in game. Also the poor stacking setup.. IE some items only stack to 10 others to 400+. (My opinion is all items other then tools should stack the same as coins/buttons etc.) This would reduce the need for people to have lots and lots of baskets, it would i suspect also reduce the Loading entities issue in game.
Cheers

joexxxz
06-07-2011, 02:28 PM
1. (everyone can do the same things) only if you pick basketry as your main crafting skill. IE not everyone can craft baskets...... So the answer is currently NO..
My opinion is everyone should be able to work on what skills as they wish,(recepies should not be limited at all based on what you pick at character creation) The only limiting factor a game like this should ever have is how much effort and time you put into the game itself.. (Just like real life)
2. Capping skills would be a very bad idea. It would defeat the entire purpose of this game.

Solution to #1.. (may already be in the works???) Recipies in the woodcutting tree for chests, cloth recipies for bags etc etc.. as it is storage of any kind is greatly limited.. A bad thing considering the massive amounts of items in game. Also the poor stacking setup.. IE some items only stack to 10 others to 400+. (My opinion is all items other then tools should stack the same as coins/buttons etc.) This would reduce the need for people to have lots and lots of baskets, it would i suspect also reduce the Loading entities issue in game.
Cheers

BAD IDEA! The stacks are perfect they way they are.