PDA

View Full Version : Craft Knife?

Belmail91
06-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Bel here...and i'm having a rough start with this game right now. Most of the things I need to make require, somwhere, a craft knife which I have not. Nor do I have a recipe to make one and even if I did I looked around and don't have the tools to make a tool...suggestions?

Larsa
06-09-2011, 02:29 AM
Only one way around it: find another player to trade you a crafting knife.

inhabit
06-09-2011, 06:11 AM
yep, interact with others :)

MrDDT
06-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Bel here...and i'm having a rough start with this game right now. Most of the things I need to make require, somwhere, a craft knife which I have not. Nor do I have a recipe to make one and even if I did I looked around and don't have the tools to make a tool...suggestions?

3 ways you can go about getting this done.

1) If you are 100% dead set on not trading or dealing with other players, you can scav for a recipe that allows you to craft one.
2) If you are 100% dead set on not trading or dealing with other players, you can craft other items in your tool crafting list until you get the recipe for a craft knife.
3) Trade or loot a craft knife off other players or players bins, or get a recipe from another player.

ALLLLLL recipes can be gained from crafting. You can make every tool in the game without using a single tool if you really really really wanted to take the time to do it.

Vandal
06-09-2011, 07:38 AM
LOL DDT.

I would strongly suggest #2 or #3.
Make sure that if you do #2, that you craft a big number of different tools so that the same thing doesn't happen for something different.

My suggestion: Just talk in chat and ask for one.

Belmail91
06-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Sadly none of the tools I started with can be made without a crafting knife. :/

MrDDT
06-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Sadly none of the tools I started with can be made without a crafting knife. :/

Then you need to choose another option.
There is a way, it just depends on how much work you want to put into it.

Easiest way is to trade for recipes or the tool you need to make more tools to get the recipe. But like I said if you are 100% dead set on going it alone you CAN do it, its just very very slow and very very very very hard.

Scav until you find a recipe you can make with the tools you have, or for a recipe that requires no tools. Then make items until you get more recipes.

Vandal
06-09-2011, 10:22 AM
But like I said if you are 100% dead set on going it alone you CAN do it, its just very very slow and very very very very hard.

He never said he wanted to play 100% alone. Never mentioned anything like that.

Bel: Just ask in trade for someone to give you one, then make more yourself.

MrDDT
06-09-2011, 10:51 AM
He never said he wanted to play 100% alone. Never mentioned anything like that.

Bel: Just ask in trade for someone to give you one, then make more yourself.

Notice the "if" in there =P

I agree the easy route is to just trade for what you need. Or ask for help. That's what I would do.

xyberviri
06-09-2011, 11:53 AM
grow up and just interact socially with another player so that your doing the M in MMO....

gegezerg
10-04-2011, 07:01 PM
grow up and just interact socially with another player so that your doing the M in MMO....

Massively Multplayer Online.

Nothing in there says Socializing. Multiplayer just means there are other people playing in the same game as you are. Doesn't mean you have to be social just because there are others there.