PDA

View Full Version : Playing free on test server

keithb8
06-10-2011, 05:35 PM
So, I was told that you can play on the test server without the monthly subscription fees. How do you go about that when you purchase the game? Because it asks for your credentials with which you are going to use to pay monthly when you go to buy the game.

Jadzia
06-10-2011, 05:47 PM
There is no guarantee that you can play on the test server in the long term. Its often offline for weeks, and its only active now to test the combat changes. Plus it required subscription too before, they only removed it for now so that the players who have bought the game but was unsatisfied with the combat could test the new combat system and decide if they want to come back. I wouldn't rely on the test server if I were you.

If you buy the client you get 1 month of free play, and nothing guarantees that you can play on the test server after that.

keithb8
06-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I figured. Too me its just alot of cash for a game im still not sure about, even after seeing countless reviews and videos.

But what If i want to stop my subscription after the first month?

MrDDT
06-10-2011, 06:26 PM
I dont know what Jadzia is talking about they just did this test server info a little bit ago (less than weeks ago). So this is new info. She is basing it off before the game was released.

I believe the plan is to keep the test server around always now for people that want to test, and for people without a sub to see what changes have been made so they can see if they want to sub again. I also believe overtime they plan on opening it up for people that dont buy the game to test the game ahead of time, but that's just my belief.

Jadzia
06-10-2011, 06:33 PM
I dont know what Jadzia is talking about they just did this test server info a little bit ago (less than weeks ago). So this is new info. She is basing it off before the game was released.

What test server info ? The test server got opened (then closed again) several times since launch.

MrDDT
06-10-2011, 06:34 PM
What test server info ? The test server got opened (then closed again) several times since launch.

No, and the new info Im talking about is not needing a sub to play on test.

Jadzia
06-10-2011, 06:55 PM
No, and the new info Im talking about is not needing a sub to play on test.

No for what ? It was opened, then closed, perhaps you don't remember. I know I tested if I could move my totem on the test server, and I never had a totem in beta.

You may be right about the subscription part, since it was during the free play period so everyone was subscribed...

MrDDT
06-10-2011, 06:58 PM
No for what ? It was opened, then closed, perhaps you don't remember. I know I tested if I could move my totem on the test server, and I never had a totem in beta.

You may be right about the subscription part, since it was during the free play period so everyone was subscribed...

There was no beta, thus that statement is correct.
I dont know what you mean by "free play period" but I think you mean the early access? When only people that bought the game could get in on early access or test?

Jadzia
06-10-2011, 07:00 PM
There was no beta, thus that statement is correct.
I dont know what you mean by "free play period" but I think you mean the early access? When only people that bought the game could get in on early access or test?

Don't get semantic, lol. By free play period I mean the 6 weeks free play people got with the client, which was 10 weeks for preorders. This time started after launch.

MrDDT
06-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Im talking about facts not semantics.

Also talking about when Jordi said the test server would be online for people that do not have an active account.

Jadzia
06-10-2011, 07:12 PM
The test server was opened after launch when they tried to fix zone crossing lag. Then it was opened again when they were trying to figure out what causes server crashes, and asked us to log in and out repeatedly. Now its opened for combat testing.

I'm not saying that it won't stay opened now. This is something only the devs knows. I'm just informing keithb8 about the risk he takes if he relies on the test server. He can take it but can't complain later on if they take the test server offline.

MrDDT
06-10-2011, 07:21 PM
You are saying its only open now for the combat, but you dont know that. You are guessing/assuming.
Based on what Ive seen it looks like its going to be open not only for combat testing but other testing also.

Jadzia
06-10-2011, 07:26 PM
You must have missed this part of my post.

I'm not saying that it won't stay opened now. This is something only the devs knows. I'm just informing keithb8 about the risk he takes if he relies on the test server. He can take it but can't complain later on if they take the test server offline.

GuideRaguel
06-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Hello everyone,

The test server is up and down all the time, as new changes are added.
The updates to the test server are not only for combat but for anything else the development team want to test.
The current test server is purely for testing upcomming features nothing more.
It is not a trial server.

However you are correct, the test server is open to everyone who has purchased the game, and that don't currently subscribe.

The reason being, we know alot of players are currently waiting for new updates and mainly the combat update.
We value past and present feedback and saw it wise to open the test server to everyone.

I hope this has cleared things up a little for you.

keithb8
06-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Thank you kindly for clearing that up.