PDA

View Full Version : *NO PATCH * 6/22/2011

MrDDT
06-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Just wanted to let people know, that there is no patch today, Dev Dezard said in IRC that its likely delayed a day or 2, due to some issues with client crashing. One of the crashes was caused by scroll bars when scrolling down on a recipe list.

No patch still as of 6/27/2011.

NorCalGooey
06-22-2011, 09:07 AM
He said it would take a few more days 2 days ago. Now we know it's at least Thursday or Friday but Jordi said that on Monday

MrDDT
06-22-2011, 09:14 AM
I have no idea what you are saying that.
But anyways, just letting people know its not today, and it will be a few more days.

NorCalGooey
06-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Because we knew on Monday it wouldn't be Wednesday.

MrDDT
06-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Because we knew on Monday it wouldn't be Wednesday.

If you say so.
1) I dont know how you can figure that, being that he said on Monday it would be take a few more days. Which he also said "As soon as possible" which means it could be less.
2) Still many people asking, in game and in IRC.

Anyways. Im here still just letting people know its not here today.

NorCalGooey
06-22-2011, 10:10 AM
Sounds good.

unclean666
06-22-2011, 10:12 AM
I thought it would be a couple more days anyway so its all good.Better to catch things before they patch it anyway.

meissner61
06-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Do you guys think it will be some time before the game feels a little more "Smooth"? Im sure all of you who have played know what i mean.

Niburu
06-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Do you guys think it will be some time before the game feels a little more "Smooth"? Im sure all of you who have played know what i mean.

Let's see how the new combat system and desync fixes work on the public server.

I'am surprised if this big patch is coming this week. sounded more like they need some time ^^

xyberviri
06-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Damit no patch today, no turkey tomorrow AND no paycheck this friday.*

meissner61
06-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Damit no patch today, no turkey tomorrow AND no paycheck this friday.*

lol, i like you!

Book
06-22-2011, 02:20 PM
But football on Sunday right? Tell me there's football on Sunday!

MrDDT
06-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Still no patch people. Just FYI. Had a few people asking in IRC.

xyberviri
06-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Hopefully today wont be manic monday.

;)

Its pointless to really argue about patches with indi games its like argueing that Notch hasn't released minecraft 1.7.

The way i see it if your already to the point where the next patch 'might' make you play your pretty much already checked out. I can admit that I myself am almost to that point, im not waiting for the next patch to bring new content, im waiting for it to bring new players........

MrDDT
06-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Hopefully today wont be manic monday.

;)

Its pointless to really argue about patches with indi games its like argueing that Notch hasn't released minecraft 1.7.

The way i see it if your already to the point where the next patch 'might' make you play your pretty much already checked out. I can admit that I myself am almost to that point, im not waiting for the next patch to bring new content, im waiting for it to bring new players........

I play more than most, and Im looking forward to a new patch for many many reasons.

Im not "checking out" by a long shot. What will cause me to check out, is if nothing is done for another month or 2.
Im very close to having all 100 the skills.

NorCalGooey
06-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Which means when skill decay comes into play, you should drop like a fly. IMO, skill decay should be from amount of time logged in. So, it wouldn't be wise to log in and go afk for hours or you would just be letting skills decay.

Question is, will your HP decay with it? They really need to think these things through. If your HP doesn't decay with it, that is another problem with the game. Unlimited HP with the introduction of skill decay

VeryWiiTee
06-27-2011, 12:19 PM

The game is smooth, the only thing that isn't smooth is combat.. The rest is working just fine, whether it is considered fun is another thing, but smooth, that one has been checked.

Which means when skill decay comes into play, you should drop like a fly. IMO, skill decay should be from amount of time logged in, not from anything else. So, it wouldn't be wise to log in and go afk for hours or you would just be letting skills decay.

Question is, will your HP decay with it? They really need to think these things through. If your HP doesn't decay with it, that is another problem with the game. Unlimited HP with the introduction of skill decay

Imo he did say that HP would be modified by combat skills, he also said that anyone with already high combat skills would gain more HP when it is public. I'm sure that since HP is proportional with combat skills you'll see HP decay with combat skills as well.

meissner61
06-27-2011, 12:30 PM
The game is terribly not smooth for me... jumping is incredibly broken and so is the camera - that together makes it a not so smooth experience

Jadzia
06-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Which means when skill decay comes into play, you should drop like a fly. IMO, skill decay should be from amount of time logged in, not from anything else. So, it wouldn't be wise to log in and go afk for hours or you would just be letting skills decay.

It would be better imo if it didn't depend on the logged in time, more like the time when another skill is being used (apart of running, swimming and jumping). Just think of the roleplayers or players who just want to chill and chat with friends...or players who are running for an hour for some trading.

NorCalGooey
06-27-2011, 01:17 PM
So kind of how stat decay works? Problem with that is I never know doing what skill DECREASES what stats. Perhaps a combination of both, and skill decay increased when uncomfortable, hungry, thirsty, exhausted, etc

Added after 7 minutes:

The game is smooth, the only thing that isn't smooth is combat.. The rest is working just fine, whether it is considered fun is another thing, but smooth, that one has been checked.

Imo he did say that HP would be modified by combat skills, he also said that anyone with already high combat skills would gain more HP when it is public. I'm sure that since HP is proportional with combat skills you'll see HP decay with combat skills as well.

Ok, I guess that's kind of good. But it is still also modified by leveling all skills, which kind of kills the crafting specilization if there ever was to be any.

Niburu
06-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Stats Decay comes with this Patch so we actually have to finally make a decision and play roles ?

L0rd0fIvIetal
07-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Stats Decay comes with this Patch so we actually have to finally make a decision and play roles ?

so what role are u playing now?