PDA

View Full Version : "improved the crafting bonus system" What is that?

Vandal
06-28-2011, 03:29 AM
In the last update, he talked about "improved the crafting bonus system"...

What is that?

It is how we are suppose to get level up experience?
Or simply how we are getting new recipes and such?

Niburu
06-28-2011, 05:32 AM
i guess it means how the crafter effects the result of the end product with his skill+materials

MrDDT
06-28-2011, 06:46 AM
Talking about rare resources effecting the outcome of the crafted items.

Meaning say you have a recipe that takes "rock" you can use limestone, granite, basalt. But you now can also get a bigger and better effect if you Obsidian, Flint, or quarts. Things like maybe, +HP, or +crafting chance, or +health regen.

Got it?

meissner61
06-29-2011, 12:53 PM
that actually sounds kinda neat - i think diablo proved that we humans are suckers for random stuff like that.

GuideMihr
06-29-2011, 01:03 PM
As a little taste I can say that you will be able to craft a piece of armor using alginate cloth scrap that gives you /healing bonus and titanium metal decoration that gives you /comfort and the final armor will have both bonus,so it's quite awesome the near future :)

MrDDT
06-29-2011, 01:14 PM
As a little taste I can say that you will be able to craft a piece of armor using alginate cloth scrap that gives you /healing bonus and titanium metal decoration that gives you /comfort and the final armor will have both bonus,so it's quite awesome the near future :)

This here is my wet dream =P

Gandhi
06-29-2011, 01:14 PM

Will comfort be implemented with the new patch? Well, even if not, the changings sound very ggood though there is still a lack of a working skill decay, which is a kind of gamebreaker for me. :(

kostaras
06-29-2011, 02:08 PM

I have a looooong time to post ... but i couldnt resisst to this !!

I have heard about good / natural / evil tribes , about animal taming , about comfort , about religion ... whatever .. , about planting , about zombies .. about blah blah blah .. and now THIS ^^ .. just ONE day before monthly regarge !!!

yeah .. sure ... i believe you ... really ... HAHA :mad:

GuideRaguel
06-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by GuideMihr
As a little taste I can say that you will be able to craft a piece of armor using alginate cloth scrap that gives you /healing bonus and titanium metal decoration that gives you /comfort and the final armor will have both bonus,so it's quite awesome the near future

This here is my wet dream =P

There are alot more bonuses to armor/weapons/buildings that will be released in this patch.

Drevar
06-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Unfortunately, grass armor uses....grass. LOL. Not much room for variations there.

MrDDT
06-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Unfortunately, grass armor uses....grass. LOL. Not much room for variations there.

They are adding new resources, maybe they have like "tall grass" being rare. Who knows.

VeryWiiTee
07-01-2011, 01:13 AM
You can variate the strings, twine etc used and a lot of grass recipes makes use of cloth scraps or can use cloth straps.

Hopefully you can find rare grass ;).. But really I just see it as 'basic' gear if anything..

Book
07-01-2011, 01:16 AM
They are adding new resources, maybe they have like "tall grass" being rare. Who knows.

Perhaps agriculture will bring in some Hemp? It's good for the environment!

VeryWiiTee
07-01-2011, 01:30 AM
Hemp is good for more than just the enviroment.. It pleases your mind too.. Good hemp.. Well, some hemp do.. :D

MrDDT
07-01-2011, 05:04 AM
Perhaps agriculture will bring in some Hemp? It's good for the environment!

Hemp cloth is already in the game.

Liquidblade
07-01-2011, 05:40 AM
RESTRICTIONS: MrDDT cannot wear such armor!!!!

Rudder
07-01-2011, 06:00 AM
I have been finding:
+ water resistance; + flex; +damage; + Quality.
Iron, brass, alu, stainless.
Medium metal boards - These prob should say PLANKS
large plastic blocks

'Found Fur' , 'Found Leather' 'Found Fur Scraps'
'Leather Book Scraps'

Larsa
07-01-2011, 06:13 AM
I've been finding the following metal sorts:

Aluminum, Brass, Bronze, Chrome, Iron, Steel, Titanium.

thurgond
07-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Here's the metal bonuses on items I've found today. Pre-patch parts don't have a metal type, i.e. just Rivet rather than Bronze Rivet.

Iron..................damage
Aluminum..........quality, flex
Steel.................speed
Stainless Steel....quality, water resistance
Bronze...............agility, water resistance
Chrome..............intelligence
Gold...................charisma

Here's the bonuses on cloth. Pre-patch cloth has these bonuses as well as newly found items.
Acrylic...............quality
Denim...............quality, armor
Wool.................cold resistance
Cotton...............heat resistance
Inego................quality, fire resistance
Velvet...............charm, comfort
Linen................heat resistance, comfort
Nylon...............quality, tension
Alginate............healing
Polyester..........water resistance
Hemp...............quality, heat resistance
Spandex...........agility, comfort
Felt..................quality, shock resistance
Asbestos...........fire resistance, armor
Olefin...............water resistance
Cashmere.........cold resistance, frost resistance

Ravelli

NorCalGooey
07-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Raveli, how do you know this? When I mouse over these items it doesn't tell me anything different than before.

Drevar
07-01-2011, 11:44 AM
The info will pop up in tooltips. For cloth, all your old cloth is converted with the new bonuses. The metal stuff, though, isn't. Only new sorted/scavenged metal stuff has the new material types. Sometimes it takes a while for the tooltip to come up. Not sure if it's doing a db query at that time or what.

Wood, stone, leather, and bone do not currently have different bonuses for varying types.

thurgond
07-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Raveli, how do you know this? When I mouse over these items it doesn't tell me anything different than before.

Then your mouse pointer is bugged. Open a basket/bin and that should fix the mouse over pointer.

Ravelli

NorCalGooey
07-01-2011, 12:59 PM
What do you mean? I can see the tool tip fine, the tool tip just hasn't changed.

thurgond
07-01-2011, 01:26 PM
There's a tool tip bug where you can't see the crafted/found by, durability, or the new bonus information till you open a bin/basket. Either that or you aren't looking at either cloth or metal bits found after the patch.

Ravelli

NorCalGooey
07-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Opening basket never fixes the tool tip bug out for me, but opening inventory always does. I'm probably not looking at rare cloth.

Drevar
07-01-2011, 03:28 PM
It doesn't have to be rare. ALL cloth has some sort of bonus. ALL newly sorted/scavenged metal items have some sort of bonus. Pre-patch metal items (screws, nails, bolts, rivets, plates, sheets, rods, wedges, spikes, etc) do not have a material type prefix and do not have any bonuses.

thurgond
07-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Not all bonuses display. Bear bones give a strength bonus. I haven't made tools or weapons out of other bones, but my guess is that they give a bonus as well.

Ravelli

Drevar
07-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Well, a STR bonus on a tool isn't all that useful since we can't equip them to get the bonus, heh. Bear bone armor would be nice that way, though. I imagine the bonuses aren't very much, and only with a full set would you end up with a noticeable boost. Either that or the boosts aren't reflected on our stats. I have a few items that give stat bonuses but nothing has changed that I can tell.

In any case, it is not cool to have stuff incomplete like that. The logistics of all this new junk is tough enough without knowing that there are "unlisted" mods and bonuses out there on stuff.

thurgond
07-02-2011, 04:21 AM
Well, Jooky has said he wanted us to figure things out for ourselves rather than being handed full details on everything.

Here's what I've figured out about bonuses from bones:

Bear.....................strength
Raccoon................dexterity
Coyote..................agility
Ground Squirrel......accuracy
Mule Deer..............fortitude
Human..................none
Rabbit...................none
Rat.......................none

That's all the bones I have at the moment.

Ravelli

krimara
07-02-2011, 06:07 AM
Did some quick testing after making a full set of bear bone armor every part giving + STR. My tribe mate and I didn't notice any difference on damage with the all the bonuses.

I hope I've missed something but with thirteen pieces giving strength I imagined more damage.

NorCalGooey
07-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Only new bear bone armor gives the +strength huh? But it seems to not be working huh? Just like parrying, has never worked and still doesn't work.

MrDDT
07-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Did some quick testing after making a full set of bear bone armor every part giving + STR. My tribe mate and I didn't notice any difference on damage with the all the bonuses.

I hope I've missed something but with thirteen pieces giving strength I imagined more damage.

This right here is my problem with ALL the bonuses in game.
The only one Ive ever seen have an effect is trappers/pioneers vs scrappers/foragers tools. Other than that, nothing Ive seen yet in game offers anything of any worth.

Even if you do more damage, whats the point? I kill the hardest animal in game (elder black bear) in 1 hit.
PVP is worthless because there is nothing to fight for, and no reason to fight.