PDA

View Full Version : Disconnecting within 5 minutes of logging in

NorCalGooey
07-01-2011, 12:58 AM
This is happening to me 100% of the time. Just started happening after I patched today. Before the patch it was rare that I disconnect even once in a day.

Anyone else getting this? I have not heard of this happening to anyone but me

joexxxz
07-01-2011, 01:08 AM
not to me.

AndyI
07-01-2011, 04:17 AM
And me, and bins are bugged (sent dez an email about this). Only happens when carrying out an action though or crossing a zone.

Tesla
07-01-2011, 05:00 AM
Also disconnecting about every 5 mins consistently here.

Also have bins that I cannot open.

Larsa
07-01-2011, 05:40 AM
No disconnect problem here yet (playing since an hour or two).

Not being able to open baskets is a known bug by now -> see bugtracker (seems to happen with full or nearly full baskets).

Edited to add that I do get occasional lag spikes, 2 or 3 second ones.

stonedogg1
07-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Also disconnecting about every 5 mins consistently here.

Also have bins that I cannot open.

NorCalGooey
07-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Game is now unplayable for me. I get to play for as long as it takes to log in before I get d/c'd from server. Nothing has changed from yesterday. Still, 100% chance this happens (disconnecting, about 90% of time within 5 minutes, 10% within 15 minutes)

inhabit
07-02-2011, 02:17 AM
getting same here game is pretty unpayable now :(

L0rd0fIvIetal
07-02-2011, 03:08 AM
getting same here game is pretty unpayable now :( are u guys using wireless? couse i just unpluged my ethernet cable and set up a wireless conection and it disconects within 5 10 minutes of playing, pluged the cable back in and it works fine

Liquidblade
07-02-2011, 05:03 AM
I have two accounts two different laptops and they both disconnect and have major lag issues. Also one thing I noticed on both is that right after you click in password I get and error message saying something about the game graphics are higher then laptop graphics? next time it does it I will write it down exactly how it reads.

WARNING #001 - display resolution size MISMATCH
Adjust display to higher resolution than the game's resolution!

This is the error message I get..... I have my resolution set to highest setting.

NorCalGooey
07-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Still disconnecting every 5-15 minutes. Maybe it's my settings? Only a few players seem to be having this problem or I'm guessing more would be complaining and you guys would look into it.

I take that back, most on this thread have the problem.

Added after 12 minutes:

Game is fucking unplayable. Sorry for the language but this is comparable to launch. At least in launch it was just laggy and didn't kick you out within a few minutes.

Larsa
07-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Well, I don't get disconnected. Got one disconnect today, none yesterday, and played many hours both days.

However, I notice that lag spikes are back in the game: I frequently have to wait 3 or 4 seconds until I get told what plant I foraged or what item I found (if any :). Same with opening baskets or eating some berries, might take a few seconds occasionally until the menu shows up.

No idea whether lag and disconnects might be related.

NorCalGooey
07-02-2011, 04:25 PM
That was my last attempt for the day. Took 10 minutes to log in and my actions froze after 30 seconds. I'll check back daily to see if this has been fixed but only for a few attempts. Figure your shit out.

Book
07-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I have two accounts two different laptops and they both disconnect and have major lag issues. Also one thing I noticed on both is that right after you click in password I get and error message saying something about the game graphics are higher then laptop graphics? next time it does it I will write it down exactly how it reads.

WARNING #001 - display resolution size MISMATCH
Adjust display to higher resolution than the game's resolution!

This is the error message I get..... I have my resolution set to highest setting.

Hi Dali,

I get this warning as well when I start the game, but haven't had any disconnect issues yet. I think I may have discoed once today, but at first thought maybe the server went down. Hence, not sure that warning is related to the disconnection issues.

I'm playing on a plugged in high speed connection.

Been around zone 739 up to 815 and back. Also swam in the lake quite a bit.

Not sure if this is zone related or what folks disconnecting may have in common. I am, however, also noticing much more frequent mini-lag spikes recently as Larsa mentioned.

PS. when I finish my basket deal down south, I'd be willing to travel north-west and see if I encounter a disconnection issue as well just to test it out.
Are all the folks having these issues to the West of the lake or are you guys all over the place?

GuideRaguel
07-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Greetings Survivors,

I have pm'd players who have reported the issues in this thread.

If anyone else is experiencing these issues with disconnections or Warning messages (resolution), the please PM me with the issue, and I will forward it on to the correct person to help you.

Thank you.

MrDDT
07-02-2011, 06:02 PM
So the one Ive had on the bug reports isnt enough I should post it on the forums instead?

Here is my post.

Willowhawk
07-02-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm not getting disconnected any more than before the patch. Maybe once in 3 or 4 hours. Neither is my co-leader. We are in zone 696 and we have both been traveling around savaging from 734 to 739 with no problems. Not sure if this will help determine if it is zone related. Perhaps it is a setting issue. We are running windows 7 and Vista with most of the game setting on high with reflections and refraction off. She is on direct cable and I am on wireless so it doesn't seem to be internet related. On a lighter note, I notice that my log in time is much shorter now so that is something.

NorCalGooey
07-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Doing, ONE action is now disconnecting me. I ate a fish and couldn't do anything else. However, I can remain idle logged in for hours.

jefferysauto
07-02-2011, 11:28 PM
I got disconnected every 5 mins finally got annoyed and gave up. Bins same thing very annoying as well.

Book
07-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Weird Appollo... I saw you do the wave and then you disappeared. So I tried doing the wave as well, no problems... tried scavenging (sorry to encroach :) )... all good. So I'm right where you are and doing stuff but no disco.

Need some food so I think I'll log out at your place and see if the problem is maybe when logging in there...

Liquidblade
07-03-2011, 01:15 PM
cant play, cant type, cant do anything!!! well I can run around till I crash!!

NorCalGooey
07-03-2011, 01:19 PM
3 minute load times, 20 minutes before I crash. That was the norm for most of the AM hours last night. BARELY playable...and I'm extremely tolerable of this game because I love it. I don't know how many others can handle that though.

Probably the 5 minute d/c's during peak hours.

Also noticed about 5-10 large lag spikes before i crashed during the 20 minute sessions. 10+ second lag spikes and I thought I d/c'd

Liquidblade
07-03-2011, 04:19 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I WANT TO PLAY WITH OUT GETTING DISCONNECTED!!!!!! it takes longer to connect than the time im playing.

stonedogg1
07-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Of further note - the ONLY time the disconnects happen to me is when I go out wandering. If i stay in my tribal zone terraforming, I'm fine. If I leave my area, I disconnect. Depending how afar I wonder, I disconnect MANY times. If I stop to scavenge or forage a specific area - I'm fine. I think this new disconnect issue revolves around the new 512m zones.

Larsa
07-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Of further note - the ONLY time the disconnects happen to me is when I go out wandering. If i stay in my tribal zone terraforming, I'm fine. If I leave my area, I disconnect. Depending how afar I wonder, I disconnect MANY times. If I stop to scavenge or forage a specific area - I'm fine. I think this new disconnect issue revolves around the new 512m zones.Hmm, that's a good observation. I only got 2 disconnects since the patch and visited about 5 or 6 zones other than my homezone while playing. But both of my disconnects happened while away from my tribal land.

Liquidblade
07-03-2011, 07:23 PM
well. I was out wondering when I kept getting disconnected. Im back in land and I disconnect but not every five mins, more like every 15 or so

dezgard
07-03-2011, 10:51 PM
We are looking into this issue.

dezgard
07-04-2011, 03:08 AM
OK we need more info from you guys

1) distance settings
2) screen resolution
3) quality settings
4) what you were doing at time of disconnect
5) do others around you disconnect
6) is there lag before disconnect
7) can you recreate the disconnect

Liquidblade
07-04-2011, 04:47 AM
1- 256m
2- 1600x900x60 (Game) 1600x900 (laptop)
3- Normal
4- Scavenging
5- Yes a few members of our tribe disconnect
6- Yes there is lag
7- Cannot recreate its random

Added after 45 minutes:

NOTE
Just logged in with both of my accounts. I ran one around first till I disconnected. That one crashed, I ran second account the same pattern as first and Also crashed.

Larsa
07-04-2011, 04:50 AM
Just got a disconnect too.

1) distance settings: Terrain distance 376, Tree quality high, Tree detail 384, Grass distance 64
2) screen resolution: 1024x765x75 (windowed)
3) quality settings: everything but reflections is on, Texture and shadow detail is high, antialiasing 4x, anisotropic, Effects are on
4) what you were doing at time of disconnect: was on a scavenging run and had just crossed from zone 777 into 817, disconnect happened at 2nd scavenge in zone 817
5) do others around you disconnect: can't say, no one else there
6) is there lag before disconnect: didn't notice any lag
7) can you recreate the disconnect: tried it but cannot recreate

NorCalGooey
07-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Still getting disconnects. More frequent when sprinting around from area to area in our tribe. And also I usually seem to d/c near our basket area a lot that could just be coincidence though.

Usually about 20 mins I can play for. Earlier today I stayed logged in for like 2 hours, even though all I was doing was terraforming. So I have no idea.

Liquidblade
07-08-2011, 12:49 PM
nothing has changed.......still getting disconnected and it's random. I could just be standing there for a couple of minutes and I get disconnected. You have all my info, even sent Devdez my bio.

MrDDT
07-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Same.
+chars

NorCalGooey
07-08-2011, 11:32 PM
was logged in just standing and chatting for about 30 minutes. the moment i walked to the other half of our tribe area (100m away) I dc/d.

seems to happen a lot more when i'm moving around...

Added after 8 Hours 6 minutes:

Played for a couple hrs just terraforming no disconnect, the moment i crossed over from zone 904 to 903 i d/c

Added after 1 41 minutes:

give me a break! every 10-20 minutes. this is such a turn off to new players "hey if you cant whisper me, it means I disconnected. I'll be back within 5 minutes."

I mean I know you are working on it....but its a huge deal.

Oh great, now I am getting the already logged in....

Bet this new guy quits because I can't seem to stay online. Luckily for him, he has crossed 10 zones and has not disconnected in 2 hours.

Lol .... no I am NOT already logged in. I can't even promote this guy from guest to a rank where he can actually do anything because I can't log in.

NorCalGooey
07-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Still 10-20 minutes. Sometimes i get lucky and can go for a bit longer

Liquidblade
07-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Same here...Disconnecting every 5-10 mins, regardless of what I do.

Xsyon
07-09-2011, 05:59 PM
'Limit' the programmer who works on this part of the code taking a break (family matters) for a few days. When he returns we will contact everyone who posts here and do some intense testing to finally resolve this issue.

It's been difficult as none of the testers or developers can reproduce this, so we will need your help to test. I'll let you know when you're ready.

Thanks!

MrDDT
07-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the update, and info.
Best wishes, Limit to you and your family.

I hope LB can help test it and get it fixed soon.

Willowhawk
07-09-2011, 09:02 PM
I have been reading the posts here and the disconnects seem to be totally random aside from a few instances that could simply be coincidence. I have read reviews where developers spent a lot of time, energy and money trying to find a coding issue only to find they had a hardware problem in their network like a faulty router. Of course I would assume these things have been checked, but the main reason I bring this up is because of this statement;

"It's been difficult as none of the testers or developers can reproduce this, so we will need your help to test. I'll let you know when you're ready."

If the testing team is not using the same network configuration as the rest of us on the client side, and this is a network issue, then no, they would not see the same results as us.

Also with the double log in I'm assuming there is a separate server for the launcher and the game. If there is enough packet loss between any of the network devises this could be the lag/delay as well as trigger for a time out/disconnect.

Of course I'm reaching a bit with all of this since I'm not a network tech, and I have no idea what equipment or protocols they are using for network or servers etc. But some food for thought.

Xsyon
07-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Thanks Willowhawk,

When Limit is back we will ask players that continue to have these problems to run some ping tests to our servers. Yes, the download and the game servers are separate, but they do run from the same location.

One question for those disconnecting a lot: How many of you are running two accounts (or more)?

NorCalGooey
07-09-2011, 09:46 PM
I am running two accounts (same computer) but it happens regardless. The last few days I have only been playing one at a time and it is still happening.

Luckily today I haven't been d/c'ing but once every hour or two.

MrDDT
07-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Happens running 1 or 2 or 3 accounts for me. Its the same regardless. I run normally 1 account per computer, but few hours of the day I will run 2 or 3 on 1 computer.

Willowhawk
07-10-2011, 12:48 AM
I decided to run some tests on a hunch that this is a packet loss problem. I ran this test several times so I can confirm the results.
I usually run Xsyon with Firefox for the forum and Ventrillo for the guild chat running in the background. With these three running I get disconnected from 2 to 20 minutes with a ping of 32 at idle (standing still) and 45 to 185 with lag spikes while moving around. I shut down both Vent and Firefox and I ran Xsyon for an hour with no issues and a ping closer to 35 with no noticeable spikes. I logged out, started Vent and Firefox again, then ran Xsyon and was disconnected in a few minutes. I then shut down Vent and ran Firefox only and Xsyon ran fine but with a slightly higher ping of around 45.
I would be curious to see what other people are running in the background IE Vent, IRC etc. and if they can duplicate this. We have good broadband internet here and I have no problem running vent with Vanguard, AOC, WOW Etc. I watch Netflix with no problems. I believe that while Vent is running it's eating up enough bandwidth to cause some packet loss and thereby causing a time out and disconnect with Xsyon. I don't know exactly why this is happening, but for now I can run the game fine with no disconnects as long as I don't run Ventrillo. I hope this helps.

MrDDT
07-10-2011, 01:12 AM
Doesnt explain why I get disconnected on 1 account and not the other.

Willowhawk
07-10-2011, 01:47 AM
Doesnt explain why I get disconnected on 1 account and not the other.

What a surprise, another useless cynical post. I didn't say it explained everyone's problem (It fixed mine), I said I would be curious to see what other people are running in the background IE Vent, IRC etc. and if they can duplicate this.

MrDDT
07-10-2011, 01:54 AM
What a surprise, another useless cynical post. I didn't say it explained everyone's problem (It fixed mine), I said I would be curious to see what other people are running in the background IE Vent, IRC etc. and if they can duplicate this.

I dont think it was cynical, but me saying that will just make you think it was even more.

Anyways.

I run Trillian, and it disconnects for me. 0 other apps.

Ive also had 10+ apps running, outlook, trillian, vent, IE, Firefox, media player, fraps, Adobe photo shop, etc, and not disconnected for hours. Its random. I do know it has something to do with zone crossings for me. (Counting 1/2 zones crossings too).

NorCalGooey
07-11-2011, 05:20 PM
I just d/c'd at the tool area. Logged back in and told a tribe member to meet me there, he d/c'd as well as soon as he got there.

Perhaps it's certain areas? Or again, another coincidence...but I seem to d/c A LOT by all the baskets and so do the other members

Liquidblade
07-11-2011, 05:27 PM
HELLO?!!! when is someone going to take care of this issue? there are some of us that really want to play......but common this DC's issue is really getting on some of our nerves........ANy knew news please? Or are you looking to fix other issues?

NorCalGooey
07-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Just logged back in, ran 50 meters across a log bridge and down through the gate to the storage area. The moment i get to the storage area actions freeze (only was logged in 30 seconds). Perhaps this is not just coincidence. I think the baskets are messing something up.

MrDDT
07-11-2011, 07:11 PM
The guy that is doing this had family issues, so its taking longer than expected.

Xsyon
07-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Yes, thanks DDT. The programmer who needs to work on this is with his family right now (in a small village without a net connection). He will be back in action in a few days and he'll work on this until it's resolved.

Liquidblade
07-12-2011, 05:55 PM
I decided to run some tests on a hunch that this is a packet loss problem. I ran this test several times so I can confirm the results.
I usually run Xsyon with Firefox for the forum and Ventrillo for the guild chat running in the background. With these three running I get disconnected from 2 to 20 minutes with a ping of 32 at idle (standing still) and 45 to 185 with lag spikes while moving around. I shut down both Vent and Firefox and I ran Xsyon for an hour with no issues and a ping closer to 35 with no noticeable spikes. I logged out, started Vent and Firefox again, then ran Xsyon and was disconnected in a few minutes. I then shut down Vent and ran Firefox only and Xsyon ran fine but with a slightly higher ping of around 45.
I would be curious to see what other people are running in the background IE Vent, IRC etc. and if they can duplicate this. We have good broadband internet here and I have no problem running vent with Vanguard, AOC, WOW Etc. I watch Netflix with no problems. I believe that while Vent is running it's eating up enough bandwidth to cause some packet loss and thereby causing a time out and disconnect with Xsyon. I don't know exactly why this is happening, but for now I can run the game fine with no disconnects as long as I don't run Ventrillo. I hope this helps.

hum, gona check this out, since I always have MOzilla up and running during the game, not so much Vent.....will post back in 10 if I get disconnected....or shorter!

15 minutes later!!

OK I noticed that I was getting disconnected while Mozilla browser was open. Now Im gona try it with it closed. be back as soon as I get disconnected.

Added after 7 minutes:

hum, gona check this out, since I always have MOzilla up and running during the game, not so much Vent.....will post back in 10 if I get disconnected....or shorter!

15 minutes later!!

OK I noticed that I was getting disconnected while Mozilla browser was open. Now I'm gonna try it with it closed. be back as soon as I get disconnected.

ok I closed everything and played for about 5 minutes and got disconnected,.. So the Mozilla idea was just random stuff...was hoping that was the cause but no.

Willowhawk
07-12-2011, 07:51 PM
ok I closed everything and played for about 5 minutes and got disconnected,.. So the Mozilla idea was just random stuff...was hoping that was the cause but no.

Sorry Dali, it seemed to work for me. And it does change a bit possibly due to time of day or internet usage (last night seemed better) Other times it seems to kill the game. I will try it again tonight.

We did notice one other thing. Like some others have said, when we get disconnected it is mostly when running across the zone line next to our tribe . However that is while running or sprinting. If I go slow and stop at or near the zone line once or twice, wait a few seconds each time (to let thing catch up?) I don't disconnect. (could be coincidence so I will try this again tonight) I think maybe it's allowing the game time to re-sync. Again, I'm just guessing here.

Liquidblade
07-13-2011, 05:46 AM
Sorry Dali, it seemed to work for me. And it does change a bit possibly due to time of day or internet usage (last night seemed better) Other times it seems to kill the game. I will try it again tonight.

We did notice one other thing. Like some others have said, when we get disconnected it is mostly when running across the zone line next to our tribe . However that is while running or sprinting. If I go slow and stop at or near the zone line once or twice, wait a few seconds each time (to let thing catch up?) I don't disconnect. (could be coincidence so I will try this again tonight) I think maybe it's allowing the game time to re-sync. Again, I'm just guessing here.

Willow
I have been inside our fort for like days working on walls and towers.....have not ventured far since we have everything we need inside. I get disconnected just standing there guiding our members as we put down the huge limestone walls down our massive tower. (5limestone walls stacked up and 4 from side to side)

SO just by being a foreman I get disconnected.

NorCalGooey
07-18-2011, 06:16 AM
Haven't logged in in about 4-5 days. Just logged in on 1 account about 2 hours ago, disconnect within 2 minutes.

Log into second account just now, cross one zone line and within 2 minutes of logging in and 30 seconds of crossing the border, D/C.

I love this game, it's just got a long ways to go. It can hardly keep my interest without the disconnects. But with them, not a chance.

The only thing that remotely interests me is building a city/castle that might have some use one day....but I've been doing that for 4 months and I've yet to see any use or even plans for a use for having one.

Added after 10 Hours 58 minutes:

It is worse than before, I think. For me, anyway.

I can't even hang out in my own tribe area without d/cing every 5 minutes now.

Just know that it has something to do with the major July 8th patch.

Calane53
07-19-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm new to the game, saw it quite a while back and finally decided to give it a try. I too am having problems staying connected. I'm not running ANYTHING in the background and still having issues. I think the longest I've been able to stay on is maybe 45 minutes, but it's typically 5-10 minutes between DC's Very frustrating, especially when your trying to learn the game. Also, whats up with the extra long loading time??? I've never played an MMO with such an extensive wait... which adds to the frustration of getting DC'd lol.